E90Post
 


TNT Racewerks
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Serious Anti-Sway Bar Talk



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-14-2013, 08:06 PM   #89
e679
Private First Class
e679's Avatar
Hong Kong
1
Rep
117
Posts

 
Drives: E93
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Hong Kong

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iSSA
Quote:
Originally Posted by sle39lvr View Post
If it oversteers dangerously, I WILL get M3 Front.
I would be very careful only doing the rear bar. I had the BMW performance suspension (ver 2) on my E92 and did the M3 rear sway along with my M3 rear subframe bushings and Quaife LSD. With the DSC/TC on there was no problem but when doing AutoX with the nannies off the car would oversteer VERY easily. You would think about turning and it would oversteer. I took it off for the stock pencil thin bar the next day and the handling was more predictable and the car was balanced almost perfectly.

I assumed that with the stiffer front bar that came with the PS that it would be okay...I was wrong and it was an expensive experiment for me.

So with your stock suspension and no LSD, I would recommend against it. So proceed with caution or get the M3 front bar and install in along with the rear.
May I ask how much your rear toe in & camber?
__________________
E93 335i Alpine White, 19" Works, PSS, M3 arms, M3 bushings,M3 E93 FSB/E92 RSB, powerflex rear diff bush.
AST 5100 with M3 rear camber arms. GC street plates.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2013, 08:32 PM   #90
335iSSA
Captain
Poland
8
Rep
603
Posts

 
Drives: 07' E92 335i
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Frederick, MD

iTrader: (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by e679 View Post
May I ask how much your rear toe in & camber?
They were set at the 335 specs.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2013, 01:01 AM   #91
e679
Private First Class
e679's Avatar
Hong Kong
1
Rep
117
Posts

 
Drives: E93
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Hong Kong

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iSSA
Quote:
Originally Posted by e679 View Post
May I ask how much your rear toe in & camber?
They were set at the 335 specs.
Did you try to set to -2 camber and 0.2 or 0.3 toe in at rear? It may help with this issue.
__________________
E93 335i Alpine White, 19" Works, PSS, M3 arms, M3 bushings,M3 E93 FSB/E92 RSB, powerflex rear diff bush.
AST 5100 with M3 rear camber arms. GC street plates.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2013, 07:28 PM   #92
335iSSA
Captain
Poland
8
Rep
603
Posts

 
Drives: 07' E92 335i
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Frederick, MD

iTrader: (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by e679 View Post
Did you try to set to -2 camber and 0.2 or 0.3 toe in at rear? It may help with this issue.
I no longer have the car so it's moot.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2013, 01:32 AM   #93
sle39lvr
Lieutenant
14
Rep
542
Posts

 
Drives: 08 328i
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: United States

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iSSA View Post
I would be very careful only doing the rear bar. I had the BMW performance suspension (ver 2) on my E92 and did the M3 rear sway along with my M3 rear subframe bushings and Quaife LSD. With the DSC/TC on there was no problem but when doing AutoX with the nannies off the car would oversteer VERY easily. You would think about turning and it would oversteer. I took it off for the stock pencil thin bar the next day and the handling was more predictable and the car was balanced almost perfectly.

I assumed that with the stiffer front bar that came with the PS that it would be okay...I was wrong and it was an expensive experiment for me.

So with your stock suspension and no LSD, I would recommend against it. So proceed with caution or get the M3 front bar and install in along with the rear.
I just put on the rear sway. Remember, I am still on stock shocks and springs..non sport..Understeer is gone a lot, but the front end feels really soft due to it's stock sway bar. Along with M3 subframe bushings, the rear feels really nice now without the floaty feel I used to get. I think the soft front will be cured once I get a decent set of coil overs. I just have to test it out in the rain now..
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2013, 11:52 AM   #94
sle39lvr
Lieutenant
14
Rep
542
Posts

 
Drives: 08 328i
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: United States

iTrader: (3)

After few days, I found rubbing marks on the rear sway (M3 sway) on the driver's side. I wonder if I am the only one or may be because I still have non-sport stock suspension
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2013, 02:46 PM   #95
cvc 22349a
Colonel
cvc 22349a's Avatar
United_States
27
Rep
2,266
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: SF Bay

iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sle39lvr View Post
After few days, I found rubbing marks on the rear sway (M3 sway) on the driver's side. I wonder if I am the only one or may be because I still have non-sport stock suspension
Are you sure the bar isn't installed backwards?
__________________
2007 E90 335i, TiAg, 6AT, ZPP, ZSP, ZCW, 6FL, HD
Quaife lsd, ETS fmic, GIAC s/w, Dinan intake/exhaust/oc, KW/M3 susp, Apex Arc 8, Mich PSS
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2013, 05:18 PM   #96
sle39lvr
Lieutenant
14
Rep
542
Posts

 
Drives: 08 328i
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: United States

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvc 22349a View Post
Are you sure the bar isn't installed backwards?
Nah, I just checked. I think it's from softer suspension. New shocks and springs should cure it..
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:56 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST