E90Post

GTB Performance

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Alignment on 06 325i, few concerns.

11-09-2011, 08:56 AM   #1
PaneraiLover
Rep

Drives: 2005 FX35

Alignment on 06 325i, few concerns.

I went to get alignment and the place I went to said their Hunter machine does not have a tool or way to reset or align Angle sensor on my car. Is that needed? I think I only need minor alignment in a front if any. My car drives straight, no issues, but my previous tires the ones I bought the car with where a bit chopped outside and inside, front and back, and they were loud and sounded like a tractor when I came to a stop.

Not sure if its because of tires being bad Michelin Primacy stock 16" or not. I went with OEM stock 17" on Craigslist someone was selling and they have 2k miles on them, so the guy said, but tires front are a bit chopped on the outside up front as well, not sure if the previous owner had a bad alignment on his car or what..

Any input guys? Do I need alignment if I went from 16" to 17" wheels with stock 225 front and 255 back tires? I read that front on these cars does not have much room to adjust alignment much anyway.. Any way to flatten these tires where they were chopped maybe with grinder so they will not be this loud, I hope they will correct themselves with time, but I doubt it. So do I need to then reset or reprogram angle sensor on steering or not? I read some posts and people had issues with angle sensor going bad and it end up being $1300 job to fix, so I am bit scared.. thanks all for input.
Appreciate 0