E90Post
 


MINHS Auto Care Center
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > daeos angel eye DRL help



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-17-2011, 11:40 AM   #1
colt9987
Lieutenant
11
Rep
430
Posts

 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: dallas

iTrader: (2)

daeos angel eye DRL help

I have the daeos angel eye DRL installed from jlevisw and they were working perfectly for awhile...now the passenger side angel eye seems to come on as a DRL pretty much every other day while the driver side one still works consistently....both angel eyes work fine when the headlights are on so I know its not the bulb...i checked all the connections as well and they look fine...any advice?
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2011, 05:13 PM   #2
SV Concepts II
SV Concepts II's Avatar
United_States
129
Rep
6,095
Posts

 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 1460 White Oaks Rd. Suite F Campbell, CA 95008

iTrader: (7)

It sounds like the relay may be going bad. Try replacing the relays and you should be good to go.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2011, 09:56 AM   #3
colt9987
Lieutenant
11
Rep
430
Posts

 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: dallas

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan@Jlevi SW View Post
It sounds like the relay may be going bad. Try replacing the relays and you should be good to go.
I like to think I know a pretty good amount about cars...but is there any way you could tell me the exact part I need to replace and where to find it? I am not positive what the relays are...when it comes to the electrical stuff I am clueless
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2011, 11:58 AM   #4
colt9987
Lieutenant
11
Rep
430
Posts

 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: dallas

iTrader: (2)

and possibly the part number i need to buy
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2011, 02:45 PM   #5
colt9987
Lieutenant
11
Rep
430
Posts

 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: dallas

iTrader: (2)

it is for sure the relay...but I went by autozone and they were unable to find the part I need...any part number ideas?
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 04:57 PM   #6
puffer
Private
4
Rep
94
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 e90 328i N51
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (0)

I have the same problem with my passenger side. Found out it was the black thing all the wires connect into. It just looks like a plug, not sure if that is the relay or not. I unplugged both and switched them and now the driver side didn't work, so it is definitely the black box. If I wiggle it around it works. Must be something inside that is not connected properly, or somehow the plugs are not making good contact with the wires.
I tried PMing Jlevisw, but they have not responded after 2 weeks. I should probably try another one of there accounts.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 07:48 PM   #7
SV Concepts II
SV Concepts II's Avatar
United_States
129
Rep
6,095
Posts

 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 1460 White Oaks Rd. Suite F Campbell, CA 95008

iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by puffer View Post
I have the same problem with my passenger side. Found out it was the black thing all the wires connect into. It just looks like a plug, not sure if that is the relay or not. I unplugged both and switched them and now the driver side didn't work, so it is definitely the black box. If I wiggle it around it works. Must be something inside that is not connected properly, or somehow the plugs are not making good contact with the wires.
I tried PMing Jlevisw, but they have not responded after 2 weeks. I should probably try another one of there accounts.
Hey not sure which address you sent the PM to, but feel free to PM or email me anytime. Here is a few photos of what the relays look like. They are a 5 pin connector.



Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 07:50 PM   #8
Bimmer335i07
BK Employee of the month! / Moderator
Bimmer335i07's Avatar
United_States
233
Rep
15,801
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 335i Sedan
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: ...

iTrader: (9)

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Guys, try checking the wire. Sometimes the wire taps are not that secure. Happens to my car all the time. I have to redo my wire taps, but I'm too lazy.

Not saying that, that is the issue with yours, but you might want to check them out as well.

GL!
__________________

Sponsored by: Pics of the ---> Barbera Beast <---
Martino Auto Concepts (Like them on Facebook MAC) Factory Trained & Authorized by BMW of North America

Matt@Camber-Toe (Like them on Facebook Camber-Toe)
LuxAngelEyes (Like them on Facebook LuxAngelEyes)
LTBMW (Like them on Facebook LTBMW)
OEMconcepts (Like them on Facebook OEMconcepts)
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2012, 04:12 PM   #9
puffer
Private
4
Rep
94
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 e90 328i N51
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (0)

@Bryan,
I was messaging Jlevi SW, that is the one I used to message with you guys over a year ago. It still looks like an active account.
That is the relay that I am having issues with. I think it is something internal that isn't connecting properly. If I wiggle it, it works. Don't think it is the connection to the wires, since when i switch sides, it still doesn't work well, and the other one works fine.
Do you guys have the relays? I couldn't find the DAEOS on your website anymore.

thanks,
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2012, 07:33 PM   #10
SV Concepts II
SV Concepts II's Avatar
United_States
129
Rep
6,095
Posts

 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 1460 White Oaks Rd. Suite F Campbell, CA 95008

iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by puffer View Post
@Bryan,
I was messaging Jlevi SW, that is the one I used to message with you guys over a year ago. It still looks like an active account.
That is the relay that I am having issues with. I think it is something internal that isn't connecting properly. If I wiggle it, it works. Don't think it is the connection to the wires, since when i switch sides, it still doesn't work well, and the other one works fine.
Do you guys have the relays? I couldn't find the DAEOS on your website anymore.

thanks,
PM sent!
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2012, 03:03 PM   #11
Danno1975
New Member
0
Rep
21
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 320d msport touring
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Great Britain

iTrader: (0)

Hi, sorry to crash the thread but I've just fitted this kit to my uk 320d, (managed to get like the last one in the world . It works as described and I like it but I keep getting bulb warnings when the dipped beams on, checked and re checked the connections without finding a fault. Was ok yesterday but today I have faults. I'm thinking it's a problem with the signal wire or the relay. On my car the ECU is on the other side so I have had to extend the wires as the signal wire is still on the RH side of the car but all this seems fine.

Are the relays just normal 6v make and breaks relays like thesehttp://www.autoelectricsupplies.co.u...7/category/161

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2012, 04:43 PM   #12
Danno1975
New Member
0
Rep
21
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 320d msport touring
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Great Britain

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno1975 View Post
Hi, sorry to crash the thread but I've just fitted this kit to my uk 320d, (managed to get like the last one in the world . It works as described and I like it but I keep getting bulb warnings when the dipped beams on, checked and re checked the connections without finding a fault. Was ok yesterday but today I have faults. I'm thinking it's a problem with the signal wire or the relay. On my car the ECU is on the other side so I have had to extend the wires as the signal wire is still on the RH side of the car but all this seems fine.

Are the relays just normal 6v make and breaks relays like thesehttp://www.autoelectricsupplies.co.u...7/category/161

Thanks
Lol just looked again and it clearly says 12v (Doh)
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2012, 02:50 PM   #13
Danno1975
New Member
0
Rep
21
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 320d msport touring
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Great Britain

iTrader: (0)

Right, changed both relays and re connected the low beam tap which was loose and tightened the earth and it was great, all the way from the car spare shop to the end of my road. Tested it all the way home auto lights on auto lights off, ignition on an off drove round a car park several times drove 11 miles home and did some
More lights on lights off and then "ding" light out error. This was with the lights in off position not the on position. As soon as I pull it's fuse I more errors.

It's seem so random it's infuriating and I can't understand why it triggers a bulb out with the lights in the 0 position.

Anyone else suffer this, short of re wiring the wires I can't see what else could be causing it.

A real shame because I like when it's not throwing up errors.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2012, 03:53 AM   #14
Danno1975
New Member
0
Rep
21
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 320d msport touring
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Great Britain

iTrader: (0)

Changed the relays and still errors, red did the ground wire and now it works.

Hope this helps any one having similar problems
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:32 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST