E90Post
 


European Auto Source
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > German Invasion @ LACR



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-14-2007, 12:29 PM   #67
SoCal335i
Banned
13
Rep
771
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 E92-TT Jet Blk Coral Red
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Cali

iTrader: (2)

Why Sacramento and not Famoso? Its much closer and its a good track thats only like 600 feet above sea level. My car never threw any codes and has never thrown any codes. People were getting great times in the morning but towards the afternoon the start of the track was covered in rubber so it made traction impossible. Im going to get better tires, clutch, short shifter, some downpipes and hopefuly a race map from Vishnu and go out to Famoso.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2007, 12:29 PM   #68
SoCal335i
Banned
13
Rep
771
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 E92-TT Jet Blk Coral Red
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Cali

iTrader: (2)

By the way thanks HotRod for that list of times!!!
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2007, 12:31 PM   #69
Terry335
Banned
United_States
42
Rep
2,587
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Socal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal335i View Post
Why Sacramento and not Famoso? Its much closer and its a good track thats only like 600 feet above sea level. My car never threw any codes and has never thrown any codes. People were getting great times in the morning but towards the afternoon the start of the track was covered in rubber so it made traction impossible. Im going to get better tires, clutch, short shifter, some downpipes and hopefuly a race map from Vishnu and go out to Famoso.
It's an OK track but no Sacramento. When will it be open next? I checked their calendar and noticed a few Friday night races but nothing on weekends.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2007, 12:39 PM   #70
DLSJ5
Brigadier General
DLSJ5's Avatar
United_States
91
Rep
3,498
Posts

 
Drives: 08 E92 DCT M3
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: CA

iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to DLSJ5
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal335i View Post
Why Sacramento and not Famoso? Its much closer and its a good track thats only like 600 feet above sea level. My car never threw any codes and has never thrown any codes. People were getting great times in the morning but towards the afternoon the start of the track was covered in rubber so it made traction impossible. Im going to get better tires, clutch, short shifter, some downpipes and hopefuly a race map from Vishnu and go out to Famoso.
We were just up at Famoso a few months back, much better track, but like Terry said it's no Sac. Procede cars trapped 107, not bad but they have much more in them, no doubt. Jackson, congrats Bro your car did very well considering all the factors!

Let's do a Sac run guys!
__________________
08 E92 M3 DCT - Bolt Ons - 60-130MPH 10.71s - 11.88 @ 118MPH - 377WHP
ESS VT2-625 SC 60-130MPH 6.80s - 11.30 @ 129.3 MPH 586WHP / 379WTQ
ESS VT3-750 - 60-130MPH 6.44s - 10.81 @ 135.13 MPH 690Whp/463Wtq
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2007, 12:46 PM   #71
CASHBY
United_States
61
Rep
2,117
Posts

 
Drives: E90 335 "done up"
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: GARAGE

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal335i View Post
Why Sacramento and not Famoso? Its much closer and its a good track thats only like 600 feet above sea level. My car never threw any codes and has never thrown any codes. People were getting great times in the morning but towards the afternoon the start of the track was covered in rubber so it made traction impossible. Im going to get better tires, clutch, short shifter, some downpipes and hopefuly a race map from Vishnu and go out to Famoso.
Famoso is an alright track, but traction there is horible and the track seems a bit slow for being 600 feet above.

Sacrmento is one of the fastest tracks that we have in california...you get at least 6-7 if not more runs when you go...cold temps, and great times!

i dont mind the drive as myself and Drew have done it a few times already.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2007, 12:50 PM   #72
Jeff@Eurobahn.us
Captain
Jeff@Eurobahn.us's Avatar
United_States
11
Rep
752
Posts

 
Drives: European
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Hey it was great meeting evryone face to face out there! Wish we could have had drag tires on the shop car. Our times were horrible 13.62 I think was our driver Danny's best run later in the day. We didn't get any CELs on the shop car at all but it is a stick. All in all it was a great day and ofcourse having our model Komiko at a show just brightens the day

See you all next time, hopefully our full built race car will be ready to run by then.

Jeff
Eurobahn
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2007, 01:09 PM   #73
SoCal335i
Banned
13
Rep
771
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 E92-TT Jet Blk Coral Red
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Cali

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff@Eurobahn.us View Post
Hey it was great meeting evryone face to face out there! Wish we could have had drag tires on the shop car. Our times were horrible 13.62 I think was our driver Danny's best run later in the day. We didn't get any CELs on the shop car at all but it is a stick. All in all it was a great day and ofcourse having our model Komiko at a show just brightens the day

See you all next time, hopefully our full built race car will be ready to run by then.

Jeff
Eurobahn
Yeah Komiko was F'n hot bro 13.6 is still good considering supercharged M3's are running 13.5's.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2007, 02:55 PM   #74
DLSJ5
Brigadier General
DLSJ5's Avatar
United_States
91
Rep
3,498
Posts

 
Drives: 08 E92 DCT M3
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: CA

iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to DLSJ5
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal335i View Post
Yeah Komiko was F'n hot bro 13.6 is still good considering supercharged M3's are running 13.5's.
Actually 13.2's - 3's, with very little traction and 108 traps . 108 traps with a good launch are def enough for 12's at that hell hole, lol.

But I agree the 335I's did very when you compare them to the other Turbocharged cars that were there, and their ET's were very good compared to their traps. But the stock 335I did almost as well as the xede/procede cars.
__________________
08 E92 M3 DCT - Bolt Ons - 60-130MPH 10.71s - 11.88 @ 118MPH - 377WHP
ESS VT2-625 SC 60-130MPH 6.80s - 11.30 @ 129.3 MPH 586WHP / 379WTQ
ESS VT3-750 - 60-130MPH 6.44s - 10.81 @ 135.13 MPH 690Whp/463Wtq
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2007, 03:22 PM   #75
musc
mixing red and blue just like icees
musc's Avatar
United_States
19
Rep
1,327
Posts

 
Drives: 335is DCT
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: SE USA

iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2011 BMW 335is  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLSJ5 View Post
But the stock 335I did almost as well as the xede/procede cars.
Hey man whats up.

Thats why I questioned the overboost feature on the PROcede cars. Even the mph were pretty close on the stock vs proceded cars (within 102-104). We know the stock 335i will bump from 0.6 bar to 0.8 bar (8.8 to 11.76) at elevation, which is close to 12 psi. I know WalkedU runs a boost gauge and posted his boost was around 12 psi once he got things running right with a stage 0 PROcede map. So if the PROcede doesn't allow the car to dial in the additional boost, then both the PROcede and stock 335i would be running the same boost at elevation, basically explaining the close times. The 60 foots seemed close too, so I don't think that traction was a big difference. And I am assuming most of the guys that ran are pretty good drag racers.

I wonder if any of the PROceded guys had a boost gauge? If so, you would expect to see 3 psi more than they were seeing at sea level, or around 15 psi. If they were still seeing 12psi, then at that elevation/DA, the PROcede wasn't doing any more than the stock ECU can do.

I know SHiv mentioned testing at high elevation, so maybe he can chime in as to whether or not the PROceded cars will still add in that additional 0.2 bar at elevation.
__________________
335is DCT | FBO | E60 | No meth | Cobb V3 BQ tuning by Wedge Performance
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2007, 03:27 PM   #76
Terry335
Banned
United_States
42
Rep
2,587
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Socal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLSJ5 View Post
Actually 13.2's - 3's, with very little traction and 108 traps . 108 traps with a good launch are def enough for 12's at that hell hole, lol.

But I agree the 335I's did very when you compare them to the other Turbocharged cars that were there, and their ET's were very good compared to their traps. But the stock 335I did almost as well as the xede/procede cars.
It's just a matter of 60' times. For example I cut a 2.14 on my 13.27@105, and Warren's stock car did a 2.02 on his 13.46@101. If the 60's were the same we'd be looking at around .3ths and 4mph with the Xede. The stock cars do run well at altitude though, perhaps due to the overboost system.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2007, 03:34 PM   #77
musc
mixing red and blue just like icees
musc's Avatar
United_States
19
Rep
1,327
Posts

 
Drives: 335is DCT
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: SE USA

iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2011 BMW 335is  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry335 View Post
It's just a matter of 60' times. For example I cut a 2.14 on my 13.27@105, and Warren's stock car did a 2.02 on his 13.46@101. If the 60's were the same we'd be looking at around .3ths and 4mph with the Xede. The stock cars do run well at altitude though, perhaps due to the overboost system.
Terry,
Do you run a boost gauge at all? If so, just curious what type of psi you were seeing there. Also, does the AA xede still allow the ECU to add in the additional 0.2 bar at elevation, or is that nullified by the Xede map?

You had a pretty good time/trap for that elevation/DA.
__________________
335is DCT | FBO | E60 | No meth | Cobb V3 BQ tuning by Wedge Performance
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2007, 03:46 PM   #78
DLSJ5
Brigadier General
DLSJ5's Avatar
United_States
91
Rep
3,498
Posts

 
Drives: 08 E92 DCT M3
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: CA

iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to DLSJ5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry335 View Post
It's just a matter of 60' times. For example I cut a 2.14 on my 13.27@105, and Warren's stock car did a 2.02 on his 13.46@101. If the 60's were the same we'd be looking at around .3ths and 4mph with the Xede. The stock cars do run well at altitude though, perhaps due to the overboost system.
Agreed the launch is everything for good ET's, but if you're still spinning tires after 60' it's even worse of course, lol.

I think we saw you on the drive up, I was with a bunch of S4's and that silver 996TT, you had the black sedan, with smaller rims and tires?

Regardless you guys did very well as catm3 said for that DA.
__________________
08 E92 M3 DCT - Bolt Ons - 60-130MPH 10.71s - 11.88 @ 118MPH - 377WHP
ESS VT2-625 SC 60-130MPH 6.80s - 11.30 @ 129.3 MPH 586WHP / 379WTQ
ESS VT3-750 - 60-130MPH 6.44s - 10.81 @ 135.13 MPH 690Whp/463Wtq
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2007, 03:55 PM   #79
Terry335
Banned
United_States
42
Rep
2,587
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Socal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLSJ5 View Post
Agreed the launch is everything for good ET's, but if you're still spinning tires after 60' it's even worse of course, lol.

I think we saw you on the drive up, I was with a bunch of S4's and that silver 996TT, you had the black sedan, with smaller rims and tires?

Regardless you guys did very well as catm3 said for that DA.
Yes that was me! Nice looking group of cars!
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2007, 03:59 PM   #80
Terry335
Banned
United_States
42
Rep
2,587
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Socal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by catm3 View Post
Terry,
Do you run a boost gauge at all? If so, just curious what type of psi you were seeing there. Also, does the AA xede still allow the ECU to add in the additional 0.2 bar at elevation, or is that nullified by the Xede map?

You had a pretty good time/trap for that elevation/DA.
Thanks!

My boost gauge setup is for testing only so I didn't bust it out at the track. Basically I connect the line under the hood and run it inside the window when I want to check.

From what I know, all of the systems (procede, xede, tt) adjust boost the same way, by attenuating (reducing) the map signal. The ECU then applies its correction factors to the reduced signal. This allows the factory traction control and other functions to operate, so I don’t think the over boost is going to be any different. Next time I go I’ll connect and read the gauge.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2007, 04:13 PM   #81
SoCal335i
Banned
13
Rep
771
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 E92-TT Jet Blk Coral Red
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Cali

iTrader: (2)

Maybe the guy that said his car was stock was just bullshittin and he had a procede or something in there. Im not calling him a liar or anything but what if...
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2007, 04:15 PM   #82
Terry335
Banned
United_States
42
Rep
2,587
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Socal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal335i View Post
Maybe the guy that said his car was stock was just bullshittin and he had a procede or something in there. Im not calling him a liar or anything but what if...
He seemed like a legit guy, and with his 60' times it makes sense. He just makes the rest of us that spent $1000-$2500 in mods look lame.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2007, 04:17 PM   #83
jon@themshop
Captain
jon@themshop's Avatar
United_States
13
Rep
759
Posts

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Los Angeles/Eagle Rock, CA

iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal335i View Post
Maybe the guy that said his car was stock was just bullshittin and he had a procede or something in there. Im not calling him a liar or anything but what if...
Well he was going to have a Turbo Tuner installed on the spot but changed his mind. The owner doesn't seem the type to lie or bs.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2007, 04:20 PM   #84
SoCal335i
Banned
13
Rep
771
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 E92-TT Jet Blk Coral Red
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Cali

iTrader: (2)

All im saying is that he could have been lying but maybe he wasnt, maybe his car is just a factory freak pushing like 320whp. who knows.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2007, 04:30 PM   #85
DLSJ5
Brigadier General
DLSJ5's Avatar
United_States
91
Rep
3,498
Posts

 
Drives: 08 E92 DCT M3
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: CA

iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to DLSJ5
Quote:
Originally Posted by catm3 View Post
Hey man whats up.

Thats why I questioned the overboost feature on the PROcede cars. Even the mph were pretty close on the stock vs proceded cars (within 102-104). We know the stock 335i will bump from 0.6 bar to 0.8 bar (8.8 to 11.76) at elevation, which is close to 12 psi. I know WalkedU runs a boost gauge and posted his boost was around 12 psi once he got things running right with a stage 0 PROcede map. So if the PROcede doesn't allow the car to dial in the additional boost, then both the PROcede and stock 335i would be running the same boost at elevation, basically explaining the close times. The 60 foots seemed close too, so I don't think that traction was a big difference. And I am assuming most of the guys that ran are pretty good drag racers.

I wonder if any of the PROceded guys had a boost gauge? If so, you would expect to see 3 psi more than they were seeing at sea level, or around 15 psi. If they were still seeing 12psi, then at that elevation/DA, the PROcede wasn't doing any more than the stock ECU can do.

I know SHiv mentioned testing at high elevation, so maybe he can chime in as to whether or not the PROceded cars will still add in that additional 0.2 bar at elevation.
Good points Bro, that very well could be.


EDIT, wrong ET info before. ** There was only 1 stock 335I there that I knew of, white one, but Warren's car (Socal335I) did trap 105 so he was running good at that DA trap wise, compared to the 107 trap that driver72 did at Famoso. I think the ET's were somewhat close between the stock car and xede/procede cars, but the traps were a bit better of course on the xede/procede cars.

But you also have to take into account that the 335I's were running the same times, or better that some Stage 3 S4's were running!

We know what the 335I can trap at sea level, Shiv hit 111 MPH, time for a customer car to hit that! Charlie and Sherwin you guys up for Sac?
__________________
08 E92 M3 DCT - Bolt Ons - 60-130MPH 10.71s - 11.88 @ 118MPH - 377WHP
ESS VT2-625 SC 60-130MPH 6.80s - 11.30 @ 129.3 MPH 586WHP / 379WTQ
ESS VT3-750 - 60-130MPH 6.44s - 10.81 @ 135.13 MPH 690Whp/463Wtq

Last edited by DLSJ5; 05-14-2007 at 05:33 PM.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2007, 04:58 PM   #86
merritt
enginerd
merritt's Avatar
United_States
1
Rep
60
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to merritt
So that's where all the cars were coming from that I saw on the 405 south yesterday afternoon. I was out looking for houses in the SFV and when I hopped on the 405 to head home I saw a black 335i pass by. It was followed by a couple VWs with big intercoolers. I noticed the exhaust on the 335i so I thought hey I want to hear what it sounds like! I moved in behind it. I was talking with my mom on the phone at the time too (hands free bluetooth ). She thought I was silly because I was telling her about the other 335i.

Anyway I am pretty sure it was SoCal335i I saw, black coupe, red interior, exhaust, blow off-valve... We exchanged the thumbs up. I was the chick in the Montego Blue 335i.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2007, 05:04 PM   #87
SoCal335i
Banned
13
Rep
771
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 E92-TT Jet Blk Coral Red
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Cali

iTrader: (2)

Hey! Yep that was me! The R32 behind me was my friend, we were both coming back from LACR. Are you going to do anything to your car?

Last edited by SoCal335i; 05-14-2007 at 05:27 PM.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2007, 09:53 PM   #88
Driver72
Brigadier General
108
Rep
4,485
Posts

 
Drives: 335i - to new owners now.
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLSJ5 View Post


EDIT, wrong ET info before. ** There was only 1 stock 335I there that I knew of, white one, but Warren's car (Socal335I) did trap 105 so he was running good at that DA trap wise, compared to the 107.6 trap that driver72 did at Famoso. I think the ET's were somewhat close between the stock car and xede/procede cars, but the traps were a bit better of course on the xede/procede cars.

But you also have to take into account that the 335I's were running the same times, or better that some Stage 3 S4's were running!

We know what the 335I can trap at sea level, Shiv hit 111 MPH, time for a customer car to hit that! Charlie and Sherwin you guys up for Sac?

Warren's car (white stock 335i) never trapped at 105.
He trapped at like 102ish when he got 13.8-9 ET's.
With the 13.46 or so, he trapped at 101+

The PROcede and Xede car's trapped in the 103-105 range.
The Turbo Tuner cars trapped in the 101-102 range

There was 1 other stock 335i there, a white coupe.
But the driver was a big dude (250+) and he had big, heavy 20" rims/tires on his car. His best time was 13.9's @ 100ish.
If he was on stock 18's and 75-85 pounds lighter, he too probably would of been running 13.7's @ 101+ stock.

Warren (stock 335i sedan) definitely has a "ringer" I think his car is putting out 15+ extra hp than most.
He is a smallish guy (170 lbs) and said he was on 91 Octane.
I too believe he was completely stock, he's a legit, upstanding guy.
He's quite experienced drag racing too (also has the 06 M3 SMG Coupe)
but admitted, he was only running his 335i in DS mode and letting it shift automatically. He just has a fast running stock car.
I'd love to see Warren (HotRod162) take his car to a Dynojet and dyno the thing.
Where most stock auto 335i's dyno in the 260's, I wouldn't be surprised if Warren's car dynoed at 275-280.

We'll all do this again in the fall, I'll have my Coupe by then and won't just be a spectator then.
Oh, by the way, props to Rabyrab for offering to let me drive his car down the strip. I didn't want too simply because of the codes it was throwing.


Later all.

Last edited by Driver72; 05-15-2007 at 10:41 AM.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:58 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST