E90Post
 


Extreme Power House
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Best Paint shop in Toronto!



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-20-2011, 04:35 PM   #1
Hasek9339
Lieutenant
Hasek9339's Avatar
13
Rep
530
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 328i Montego Blue
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Buffalo NY

iTrader: (1)

Best Paint shop in Toronto!

Hi,

I'm actually from Buffalo.... and I am looking for the highest quality shop in TO to do some paint work! I was looking at some of the Ferrari dealers to see where they send their damaged cars.....

Here are some that I found.

European Auto Body

427 Auto Collision

Does anyone know of any others and can you recommend any and can you describe what you had done!
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2011, 12:42 AM   #2
canook
Private First Class
canook's Avatar
Canada
1
Rep
160
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 435i X-Drive
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Thornhill

iTrader: (1)

Mr John Auto Collision does some great work as well.

Had to get my rear quarter repainted due to a hit and run.
__________________
e92 328xi
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2011, 10:16 AM   #3
Saturns
Second Lieutenant
2
Rep
232
Posts

 
Drives: retired: 83 E21 soon: 08 328xi
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Markham

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
05 Coupe CC  [4.50]
European is always held in regards.
A couple of my friends who have Ferrari's take em there.
Ferrari Maserati of Ontario send all their cars their.
Lots of euro cars get their work done there.

They are also usually the highest price.
I got a quote on my Maser for front and rear panel and they were 1/3 more expensive than most. They order the OEM brand paint for your car at least that what they said for my Maser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasek9339 View Post
Hi,

I'm actually from Buffalo.... and I am looking for the highest quality shop in TO to do some paint work! I was looking at some of the Ferrari dealers to see where they send their damaged cars.....

Here are some that I found.

European Auto Body

427 Auto Collision

Does anyone know of any others and can you recommend any and can you describe what you had done!
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2011, 10:22 AM   #4
BenTrovato
Driver
BenTrovato's Avatar
Canada
21
Rep
1,576
Posts

 
Drives: e92 335i
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (4)

European if you want to leave with a gigantic smile on your face. Their work is spot on.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2011, 12:54 PM   #5
bunnn
Colonel
bunnn's Avatar
35
Rep
2,260
Posts

 
Drives: like a grandma
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturns View Post
European is always held in regards.
A couple of my friends who have Ferrari's take em there.
Ferrari Maserati of Ontario send all their cars their.
Lots of euro cars get their work done there.

They are also usually the highest price.
I got a quote on my Maser for front and rear panel and they were 1/3 more expensive than most. They order the OEM brand paint for your car at least that what they said for my Maser.
That's because Maranello group has stake in European Auto Body..pretty much everything in Autopark ends up going there.


Quote:
Originally Posted by BenTrovato View Post
European if you want to leave with a gigantic smile on your face. Their work is spot on.
European does do good work, where details doesn't matter. I've personally handled my friend's restoration project that went through them. While the quality of the paint is good, their attention to detail absolutely needs improvement, especially for a $25000 paint job. That said, they are good people, and I wouldn't hesitate to get small things/insurance job through them.
__________________
Cheers
Ben
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2011, 02:50 PM   #6
Hasek9339
Lieutenant
Hasek9339's Avatar
13
Rep
530
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 328i Montego Blue
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Buffalo NY

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunnn View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturns View Post
European is always held in regards.
A couple of my friends who have Ferrari's take em there.
Ferrari Maserati of Ontario send all their cars their.
Lots of euro cars get their work done there.

They are also usually the highest price.
I got a quote on my Maser for front and rear panel and they were 1/3 more expensive than most. They order the OEM brand paint for your car at least that what they said for my Maser.
That's because Maranello group has stake in European Auto Body..pretty much everything in Autopark ends up going there.


Quote:
Originally Posted by BenTrovato View Post
European if you want to leave with a gigantic smile on your face. Their work is spot on.
European does do good work, where details doesn't matter. I've personally handled my friend's restoration project that went through them. While the quality of the paint is good, their attention to detail absolutely needs improvement, especially for a $25000 paint job. That said, they are good people, and I wouldn't hesitate to get small things/insurance job through them.
Hum interesting.
Can you expand when you say that European does good work when details don't matter!

This is specifically why I am looking for a good shop because I am willing to pay a premium for those little details seeing that we don't really have anyone in Buffalo or Roch that can get the little details right!

For example painting hinge bolts after they reinstall a trunk or hood that they just painted, when they don't do this it drives me nuts!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2011, 06:52 PM   #7
bunnn
Colonel
bunnn's Avatar
35
Rep
2,260
Posts

 
Drives: like a grandma
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasek9339 View Post
Hum interesting.
Can you expand when you say that European does good work when details don't matter!

This is specifically why I am looking for a good shop because I am willing to pay a premium for those little details seeing that we don't really have anyone in Buffalo or Roch that can get the little details right!

For example painting hinge bolts after they reinstall a trunk or hood that they just painted, when they don't do this it drives me nuts!!!!!
Here's my own personal experience. I took over my buddy's Dino restoration project as he had some personal stuff to deal with. The car was dropped off at European Autobody for a strip-to-metal repair and repaint job. Forget all the hiccups, and obstacles that I had to go through to deal with them. When I got the final product, the paint was great - at a glance. I'm personally anal as hell when it comes to cars. I started looking around with our professional appraiser to spots parts where they just skip because it's not on the surface. For example, the hood vents here -

Some other issues include unpainted body part on the inside of the wheel well, under the trunk. Essentially, the hidden parts of the car. Then there's a whole unorganized issue. I can't even remember how many times I've got called over to because they were missing parts that THEY misplaced within their own facilities; either end up finding it, or half of it after I arrive. Mind you, I live an HOUR away from their shop, and our office is also an hour away. At the end of the day, this could be an isolated incident. But it left a taste sour enough for me to not go back for such a job.

This is what I mean by, "when details don't matter." You can only screw up so much when you repaint a bumper, a door, or even half the car.
__________________
Cheers
Ben
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2011, 09:38 PM   #8
Fozzy
Waaka Waaka
Fozzy's Avatar
Canada
6
Rep
462
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 E92 328xi
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Downtown Toronto

iTrader: (3)

^ liked the paint colour match (3 separate occasions), but the install work was way below my own DIY quality. ie: didn't remove old 3M tape before reinstalling a lip and didn't try creative ways I figured out to get perfect fit on replica M3 sides. Great guys there, but my last experienced dissapointed, especially given they are 'the best body shop around'
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2011, 09:41 PM   #9
Hasek9339
Lieutenant
Hasek9339's Avatar
13
Rep
530
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 328i Montego Blue
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Buffalo NY

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunnn View Post
Here's my own personal experience. I took over my buddy's Dino restoration project as he had some personal stuff to deal with. The car was dropped off at European Autobody for a strip-to-metal repair and repaint job. Forget all the hiccups, and obstacles that I had to go through to deal with them. When I got the final product, the paint was great - at a glance. I'm personally anal as hell when it comes to cars. I started looking around with our professional appraiser to spots parts where they just skip because it's not on the surface. For example, the hood vents here -

Some other issues include unpainted body part on the inside of the wheel well, under the trunk. Essentially, the hidden parts of the car. Then there's a whole unorganized issue. I can't even remember how many times I've got called over to because they were missing parts that THEY misplaced within their own facilities; either end up finding it, or half of it after I arrive. Mind you, I live an HOUR away from their shop, and our office is also an hour away. At the end of the day, this could be an isolated incident. But it left a taste sour enough for me to not go back for such a job.

This is what I mean by, "when details don't matter." You can only screw up so much when you repaint a bumper, a door, or even half the car.
Interesting! I an anal all hell too about my cars as well! In Buffalo I have a few examples of body and paint work on leased cars where I did not get too critical of the work but now that I am looking to get some things repainted I'm looking for the absolute best. It is turing out difficult to find amazing work. I am very picky and wont except anything but perfection for my baby!

Here is a link for a thread about a detail I hot from someone local he is the best and has excellent skills and does many high end cars in the area!
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=537494

Can you suggest anyone else?
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2011, 09:53 PM   #10
bunnn
Colonel
bunnn's Avatar
35
Rep
2,260
Posts

 
Drives: like a grandma
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (12)

I think the biggest problem with European Autobody isn't that they don't have capable bodies. Rather, they are simply overwhelmed with the amount of work they get. In the midst of having walk-ins, referrals, affiliated dealer send-overs, I simply don't think they are managing all the work to it's potential. That's why they are not detail-oriented. Like I said, they are good for small jobs, I just wouldn't go back for big projects.
__________________
Cheers
Ben
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2011, 10:35 PM   #11
Hasek9339
Lieutenant
Hasek9339's Avatar
13
Rep
530
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 328i Montego Blue
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Buffalo NY

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunnn View Post
I think the biggest problem with European Autobody isn't that they don't have capable bodies. Rather, they are simply overwhelmed with the amount of work they get. In the midst of having walk-ins, referrals, affiliated dealer send-overs, I simply don't think they are managing all the work to it's potential. That's why they are not detail-oriented. Like I said, they are good for small jobs, I just wouldn't go back for big projects.
Danke!
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2011, 11:08 AM   #12
Jon@Bimmersport Automotive
Banned
Canada
7
Rep
350
Posts

 
Drives: E90 M3 Active Supercharged
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Mississauga, On Canada

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2003.5 BMW M3  [5.00]
Luxury Auto Body - 416 233 0768

Rich Rodrigues is the owner, a very good friend of mine. That stuff Bunn had with would never ever happen there. His attention to detail, and quality is second to none.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2011, 10:37 PM   #13
Hasek9339
Lieutenant
Hasek9339's Avatar
13
Rep
530
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 328i Montego Blue
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Buffalo NY

iTrader: (1)

Thx guys!
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2011, 10:58 PM   #14
SGxi
Major General
Canada
87
Rep
6,805
Posts

 
Drives: E90 328xi
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (17)

Garage List
2007 328xi  [0.00]
You can also try to contact Budd's in Oakville. Their work is quite good. Explain to them your requirement and see if they can meet your expectation.
__________________
MY07 A22 E90 N52Nxi
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2011, 06:37 AM   #15
Bajan Loch
Private First Class
Bajan Loch's Avatar
Canada
1
Rep
189
Posts

 
Drives: E90 A22 N52N
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: GTA, Ontario

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGxi View Post
You can also try to contact Budd's in Oakville. Their work is quite good. Explain to them your requirement and see if they can meet your expectation.
+1 for Budd's Collision, they work on a lot of high end cars from their dealer network, I saw a Lambo in there when I had some work done on my car.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2011, 09:46 PM   #16
Hasek9339
Lieutenant
Hasek9339's Avatar
13
Rep
530
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 328i Montego Blue
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Buffalo NY

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bajan Loch View Post
+1 for Budd's Collision, they work on a lot of high end cars from their dealer network, I saw a Lambo in there when I had some work done on my car.
What did you get done?
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2011, 06:36 AM   #17
Bajan Loch
Private First Class
Bajan Loch's Avatar
Canada
1
Rep
189
Posts

 
Drives: E90 A22 N52N
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: GTA, Ontario

iTrader: (2)

I was rear ended and had my bumper replaced; the paint match is perfect, you can't tell it is not original.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2011, 07:52 AM   #18
vantage_coupe
First Lieutenant
vantage_coupe's Avatar
5
Rep
329
Posts

 
Drives: e92 335
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ontario

iTrader: (0)

I'm due to get a bumper scrape fixed after winter...I'll likely end up at 427 or European depending on scheduling/price.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2011, 09:06 AM   #19
86rexer
0-335 in 4.9 seconds.....
86rexer's Avatar
Canada
0
Rep
57
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 335i
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Oakville, Ontario

iTrader: (0)

I've used 427 before

Neighbours kid ran her handlebars down the side of our Q7...the paint, metallic, the result? absolute perfection. Could not tell
Would use them again
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2011, 02:50 PM   #20
Hasek9339
Lieutenant
Hasek9339's Avatar
13
Rep
530
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 328i Montego Blue
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Buffalo NY

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86rexer View Post
Neighbours kid ran her handlebars down the side of our Q7...the paint, metallic, the result? absolute perfection. Could not tell
Would use them again
Use who?
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2011, 02:53 PM   #21
Jon@Bimmersport Automotive
Banned
Canada
7
Rep
350
Posts

 
Drives: E90 M3 Active Supercharged
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Mississauga, On Canada

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2003.5 BMW M3  [5.00]
427 Auto Collision...see Frank or Fil

All of these shops are on the same area of Islington & Evans
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2011, 06:03 PM   #22
Simma
First Lieutenant
Simma's Avatar
Canada
5
Rep
323
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

European does amazing work but so does Universal Auto Body at 123 Toyork Drive in Toronto. They only play around with high end cars.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:47 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST