E90Post
 


GT Haus
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Photo/Video/Media Gallery > Tiag 330i with silver 219M's



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-20-2011, 08:32 PM   #1
BORT
Bonafied
United_States
4
Rep
110
Posts

 
Drives: e90 330i 6spd (sold), e30 325i
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Irvine, CA

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2006 330i  [5.00]
Send a message via AIM to BORT
Tiag 330i with silver 219M's

After a ton of research and justification, I decided to go with a set of silver 219M's purchased from a member on m3post. I love the clean OEM look of these and aggressive stance. I do not want to do suspension mods because of how much of a PITA it was having a lowered e36 m3 before this car. So I wanted a set of wheels that would look good on stock sport suspension. I think that these pull it off nicely.

After having the wheels for a couple months, I finally bought tires from LTBMW. My girlfriend also surprised me with a CF wrap as an early Christmas/birthday present (what a keeper! ) I also included a pic of her g35 below.

After a lot of research, I went with the following tire sizes:

F: 235/40 18's
R: 265/35 18's

Rubbing is not too much of an issue so far, I get it rarely like if going over a dip in a 60 mph area. A little more if there is weight in the back (I rubbed going over a dip in the parking lot only when I had all 4 of my old 162's/tires in the back). My fenders are not rolled, I would like to avoid this, but I can always get it done if necessary.

Mods:
-Silver 219M's on Hankook tires
-CF trim by LTBMW
-OEM blacklines
-m3 rep spoiler
-black out grills

-BMS PBX
-OEM Euro airbox w/ K&N filter

-ZHP shift knob
-M sport steering wheel


Special thanks to:
-e90post member Flip4335 - great source of info, helped me decide on tire sizes
-My girlfriend - helped me justify the purchase, and got me the CF trim as a bday/Christmas gift
-Ivan @ LTBMW for the info, work, and for a great price on the tires... good man




















CF trim








Girlfriend's 2006 G35
Ivory pearl on gray, 6MT, Nav and some tasteful cosmetic mods.




New pics from a half day snowboard trip:



__________________
e30 325i - AW 5 speed, OEM+

Last edited by BORT; 01-19-2012 at 09:52 PM.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2011, 08:33 PM   #2
Cuba
Cuba
Cuba's Avatar
United_States
35
Rep
1,604
Posts

 
Drives: 07 328xi
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: PA

iTrader: (11)

nice everything looks great. love the trim
__________________
07 328xi Monaco Blue|Premium|Cold|Navi|CA|LLumar|Mtec|DDM|aFe|Ambe r-Gone|Rear Fogs|Bimmian|PY-Speed|OEM|e92-lighting|V1|BavAuto|Weisslicht|Cyba|Beyern|Falken| Sonic Tuning|ECS Tuning|JL Audio|Rockford Fosgate
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2011, 08:37 PM   #3
Alen E90
Major General
Alen E90's Avatar
United_States
93
Rep
8,239
Posts

 
Drives: E90 328i TiAg
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: SO. CAL-818 (SFV)

iTrader: (6)

everything came out great
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2011, 08:38 PM   #4
BluStew335i
Private First Class
BluStew335i's Avatar
1
Rep
139
Posts

 
Drives: 335i Coupe
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Toronto, Ontario

iTrader: (0)

Is that the Blurple 335i in the background?
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2011, 08:39 PM   #5
ramirez330i
MATTE
ramirez330i's Avatar
13
Rep
516
Posts

 
Drives: '13 VW Golf R
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Houston, Texas

iTrader: (7)

nice TiAg 330i!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2011, 08:49 PM   #6
scooby9
Major
scooby9's Avatar
Canada
15
Rep
1,120
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 E90 BMW 335xi
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

iTrader: (6)

Looks great with the flush look. I am contemplating getting these wheels too. Does it look like a fender roll could possibly eliminate 100% any rubbing?
__________________
2007 BMW 335xi 6MT TiAg
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2011, 09:00 PM   #7
CJ421
Brigadier General
CJ421's Avatar
United_States
60
Rep
3,263
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E92 335i
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: PA

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [4.66]
Your car looks great, I am a big fan of the OEM look. The strength of OEM wheels is another plus.
I also went with 235/265 tire sizes, I like the squared-off look rather than the slightly stretched 225/255 stock size. Hankook V12 FTW!

What's next on the mod list? Maybe Mtech rear bumper?
__________________
2011 BMW E92 335i, 6MT, Le Mans blue - Quaife LSD, JRZ RS Pro, JRZ camber plates, Eibach ERS, full M3 susp, custom toe arms, Powergrid end-links, SS brake lines, brake ducting, Michelin PSS, UUC SSK, ETS FMIC, ER CP, Perf. Exhaust, VAC RSIK, Sparcos; work by VAC Motorsports in Philadelphia
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2011, 09:06 PM   #8
Phil325
Major
Phil325's Avatar
United_States
11
Rep
1,003
Posts

 
Drives: 06 SGM E90
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: West Melbourne, Fl/Jacksonville, FL

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 325i  [5.00]
Send a message via AIM to Phil325
clean
__________________
work in progress..
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2011, 10:54 PM   #9
Donia330i
Major
Donia330i's Avatar
United_States
19
Rep
1,194
Posts

 
Drives: 06 330i SGM
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA

iTrader: (7)

Looks great! What's next?
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2011, 11:25 PM   #10
bmwaddict
No Music...No Life...!
bmwaddict's Avatar
United_States
33
Rep
1,557
Posts

 
Drives: '11 AW 335is E92
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: West Palm Beach, FL

iTrader: (1)

WOW...you did it
__________________
M3 CSL " … This is BMW at its absolute best.” - Jeremy Clarkson
E92 M3 " ... M3 drivers have no friends." - Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2011, 01:24 AM   #11
BORT
Bonafied
United_States
4
Rep
110
Posts

 
Drives: e90 330i 6spd (sold), e30 325i
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Irvine, CA

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2006 330i  [5.00]
Send a message via AIM to BORT
Thank you all for the compliments, I couldn't be happier with the set up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donia330i View Post
Looks great! What's next?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ421 View Post
Your car looks great, I am a big fan of the OEM look. The strength of OEM wheels is another plus.
I also went with 235/265 tire sizes, I like the squared-off look rather than the slightly stretched 225/255 stock size. Hankook V12 FTW!

What's next on the mod list? Maybe Mtech rear bumper?
Haha we are on the same page... The M-tech rear bumper is exactly what I have planned next, so sexy. I agree 100% with the tire sizes, that is why I did not use my 225/255's.


Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby9 View Post
Looks great with the flush look. I am contemplating getting these wheels too. Does it look like a fender roll could possibly eliminate 100% any rubbing?
I believe rolling the fenders would take care of it. Here is a good link to reference, the OP there later put on the same size rear tires (265/35), with fenders rolled AND being lowered, he did not rub.

He was running a diff brand of tires though, from what I was told the Hankooks have more of a squared off shoulder, while some other brands are more rounded.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...M+roll+fenders


Quote:
Originally Posted by BluStew335i View Post
Is that the Blurple 335i in the background?
lol yes it is, pic was taken in back of LTBMW
__________________
e30 325i - AW 5 speed, OEM+
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2011, 04:22 AM   #12
the infamous...
Relapsed Bimmerpost Addict
the infamous...'s Avatar
United_States
435
Rep
17,533
Posts

 
Drives: like I'M BOUT THAT LIFE
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: PARADISE aka CANES COUNTRY

iTrader: (0)

clean n classy, well play'd!
__________________


"simple is clean" -The ///ModFather
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2011, 05:09 AM   #13
Trojan4evr
BMW Collector
Trojan4evr's Avatar
16
Rep
1,590
Posts

 
Drives: '07 E90 335i/ '11 E82 DCT 135i
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Socal

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
I love those wheels
__________________
1. 2011 E82 135i DCT M-tec(Gone but not forgotten----> Totaled)
2. 2007 E90 335i JB Step(Gone but not forgotten---> grad school fund)
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2011, 06:19 AM   #14
ibeclueless
What
ibeclueless's Avatar
93
Rep
9,331
Posts

 
Drives: E92 328xi
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Quincy, MA

iTrader: (1)

looking good
__________________
E92 328xi Space Gray
Aero Lip | M3 Side Skirts | CF Performance Spoiler | ACS Roof | Gloss Black Grilles | LUX H8 Angels | BMW Performance Exhaust

My E92 Photos
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2011, 09:09 AM   #15
Olagüe
Brigadier General
Olagüe's Avatar
Spain
43
Rep
4,251
Posts

 
Drives: 333i e92
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: New York City

iTrader: (0)

nicee
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2011, 12:19 PM   #16
remmib
General
remmib's Avatar
Norway
353
Rep
26,261
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 F10 520d M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Norway

iTrader: (0)

Looks great with those wheels.
__________________

F10 520d M-Sport Alpine White | HRE P43SC 20x9+20x11 | Michelin PSS 255/35+295/30 | KW V3 Coilover | M5 Front Sway Bar + M550d Rear Sway Bar | 3D Design Front Lip | BMW M Performance CF Spoiler | BMW M Performance Diffuser | BMW M Performance Black Grills | BMW M Performance Pedals |
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2011, 12:28 PM   #17
SpmnE9zero
DENY THE WORLD THAT SURROUNDS YOU
SpmnE9zero's Avatar
United_States
376
Rep
35,576
Posts

 
Drives: JB 33ZERO
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: City of Champions

iTrader: (14)

Garage List
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Looks great!
__________________
Eurocharged V5 | ROW's / CC Delete | K&N's | H&R Springs | Single Fin G.B. Grill | Mode Carbon Diffuser | JBSpeed CF Spoiler |
Arkym Style CF Splitter | CF Mirror Caps | 5% Tints | 12mm Spacers |
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2012, 04:13 PM   #18
Tallest
Major General
Tallest's Avatar
No_Country
105
Rep
5,248
Posts

 
Drives: TiAg Z4 Coupe 3.0Si
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: ***

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Wow, that's such a good look. Great fitment!
__________________
'07 TiAg BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si / Everything
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2012, 04:27 PM   #19
GoRomeo
Colonel
GoRomeo's Avatar
26
Rep
2,367
Posts

 
Drives: 330i
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: San Diego CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 330i  [2.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYY e90 View Post
After a ton of research and justification, I decided to go with a set of silver 219M's purchased from a member on m3post. I love the clean OEM look of these and aggressive stance. I do not want to do suspension mods because of how much of a PITA it was having a lowered e36 m3 before this car. So I wanted a set of wheels that would look good on stock sport suspension. I think that these pull it off nicely.

After having the wheels for a couple months, I finally bought tires from LTBMW. My girlfriend also surprised me with a CF wrap as an early Christmas/birthday present (what a keeper! ) I also included a pic of her g35 below.

After a lot of research, I went with the following tire sizes:

F: 235/40 18's
R: 265/35 18's

Rubbing is not too much of an issue so far, I get it rarely like if going over a dip in a 60 mph area. A little more if there is weight in the back (I rubbed going over a dip in the parking lot only when I had all 4 of my old 162's/tires in the back). My fenders are not rolled, I would like to avoid this, but I can always get it done if necessary.

Mods:
-Silver 219M's on Hankook tires
-CF trim by LTBMW
-OEM blacklines
-m3 rep spoiler
-black out grills

-BMS PBX
-OEM Euro airbox w/ K&N filter

-ZHP shift knob
-M sport steering wheel


Special thanks to:
-e90post member Flip4335 - great source of info, helped me decide on tire sizes
-My girlfriend - helped me justify the purchase, and got me the CF trim as a bday/Christmas gift
-Ivan @ LTBMW for the info, work, and for a great price on the tires... good man




















CF trim








Girlfriend's 2006 G35
Ivory pearl on gray, 6MT, Nav and some tasteful cosmetic mods.


Nice pictures and car too. I was thinking in getting those for my 330 e90 put i noticed that in order to keep them clean would be hard since its hard to reach the rims complety due to lack of space between the spokes. They look nice when they are clean. Thats why I love my 189's I have now (easy to dust). I dust my car and rims almost everyday.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2012, 09:00 PM   #20
JTO24
Got an 8:30 res at Dorsia
JTO24's Avatar
United_States
35
Rep
1,470
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 MW E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: South Jersey

iTrader: (5)

Noice! Just bought gunmetal 219m's! I'm gonna reuse my stock RFT's (255) until they're toast in a few months then move up to 265's...you like the hankooks so far?
__________________
2013 E92 M3 6MT | Mineral White | Fox Red/Black/Black | 359M | CF Roof | RS Technik 15f/12r Spacers | ACM Test Pipes| ESS Rear Section | BPM Stage II | Manual Seats
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2012, 09:05 PM   #21
SACRN330i
BIMMER FANATIC
United_States
0
Rep
24
Posts

 
Drives: e90 330i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: sacramento

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2001 E39 530i  [0.00]
2006 BMW E90 330i  [0.00]
Nice, looks really clean and OEM!
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2012, 11:03 PM   #22
e92ben
Colonel
e92ben's Avatar
32
Rep
2,009
Posts

 
Drives: BMW M3
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Kenosha Wi

iTrader: (4)

Save the manuals! Haha got the same decal. Nice car man very clean
__________________

e92 ///M3
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:31 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST