E90Post

ECS BMW

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > 330xi extended warranty about to end

11-20-2011, 09:20 PM   #1
stl2chi

Drives: 2006 e90 330xi

330xi extended warranty about to end

Hello all

My extended warranty is about to expire next month. I just turned 80k yesterday... I am about to go in for the final servicing under warranty.

Any suggestions on things that I should be sure to have the techs check out or adjust?

I am about to replace the second set of RFTs.. Probably another set of conti's and oil change (done every 7.5k)

Yes, I am planning to keep this think long term...

thanks
STL2CHI
      11-21-2011, 01:30 AM   #2
Glim
Captain

Drives: 2006 330i

Same here

Mine is out of warranty on the 28th, have had so little problems I am just going to roll with it and pay out of pocket if something needs repair.
Glim is offline   Canada
      11-21-2011, 08:08 AM   #3
lux.sh
missing two turbos.

Drives: fast around corners.

Garage List
I'm going to say this just by reading your title.

Sell your car.

: Prior Design Front : ACS Rear : ACS Roof : BlackLines : Simota Intake : Carbon Fiber Interior Trim :
: MTEC V3 : 24% Charcoal : V1 Hardwired : Solaris Invisibulbs/LED interior :
lux.sh is offline   United_States
      11-21-2011, 12:55 PM   #4
hurricane56
First Lieutenant

Drives: 2006 325xi

Why does everyone here say, "sell your car"?

In any case, what you need to do is find a good indy BMW mechanic to perform a comprehensive vehicle inspection. Have that mechanic write-up detailed notes on any areas that are questionable or may need work.

When you take your car back to the dealership, give your SA the mechanics notes along with any other concerns you may have. It never hurts to ask even if the issue is minor. It helps to go to a very competent service department that will actually look into minor problems.

I'm in the same situation where my warranty is going to expire. I took my car in for control arm bushings, but also inquired about my crazy hot seat heaters and wipers. While both the seat heaters and wipers were technically functioning, the dealership replaced my wiper relay/regulator, seat heater buttons, and seat cover. Just have to ask and be confident that there is a problem.