E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Photo/Video/Media Gallery > ***Don Nguyen | WannabeRacer.com | Official Vinyl Wrap Pictures Thread***

02-22-2015, 05:51 PM   #1
Don N.
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BMW

Arrow ***Don Nguyen | WannabeRacer.com | Official Vinyl Wrap Pictures Thread***

Wanted to create a thread dedicated to vinyl wraps and projects that I do on a daily basis at my shop and also for a place for you guys to post all of your pictures and ask your vinyl wrapping related questions as well. Hopefully this will be helpful for those who are looking for vinyl wrapping ideas for their own cars and also provide a single place where they can go for questions/answers related to vinyl wraps.

I'll start out with some pictures of various E90/2/3s that I have wrapped. If you guys have any specific requests, let me know and I'll see if I can find any examples of it on the cars that you guys are looking for or maybe I'll have it on another car.

Thanks.

-Don

Don@WannabeRacer.com

Last edited by Don N.; 04-04-2016 at 11:09 AM.
Appreciate 5
      02-22-2015, 05:52 PM   #2
Don N.
Rep

I had some people request for pictures of how it looks like if the side roof rails were not done. For this grey/silver BMW E92 335i coupe, I blacked out the roof with my gloss black vinyl material, to give it the panoramic roof look. In addition to the roof, I also applied a clear yellow film to the fog lights of the car. The gloss black roof maintains a factory OEM look and on a darker colored car, it creates a nice subtle effect and change to the car. The owner of this car came out to me in Orange County/Anaheim Hills to get the vinyl work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

don@wannaberacer.com
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2015, 05:58 PM   #3
N54CherryHill
bOrN To DiE
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i E92

why there is no guy like you in south jersey
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2015, 06:09 PM   #4
Don N.
Rep

I have considered making a trip out to the east coast area to do wraps. Just haven't found time to do it yet. I haven't had much time to do my usual trips to norcal to do wraps up there lately as well unfortunately.

-Don
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2015, 07:23 PM   #5
cpie168
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 328i 6MT ZSP BSM

Subscribed. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2015, 01:09 AM   #6
2DoorScorE92
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by N54CherryHill
My bro @Relentlessone wrapped his roof, check him out and at njmerola on Instagram. He lives in haddon twp
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2015, 01:39 AM   #7
roccy_miyagi
@Dat.Vermillion.E92
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by N54CherryHill View Post
just come hang out with us north jersey guys lol
BMWCCA
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2015, 12:09 PM   #8
N54CherryHill
bOrN To DiE
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by roccy_miyagi View Post
just come hang out with us north jersey guys lol
I know right :/
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2015, 05:36 PM   #9
Don N.
Rep

This is a bit different, but I know you guys seeing more pictures of various and different type of wrap jobs than the regular roof, trim, etc wraps. I did a partial car wrap for the top half of this 2013 white Land Rover LR4 HSE. For this car wrap, we did the top half of the car in 3M 1080 gloss black vinyl material. I believe the owner of this car said that it’s suppose to resemble how the new Range Rover Autobiography editions come from the factory. I took two pictures of the during vinyl wrapping process, to show you guys how what it looks like during the transformation. The owner of this car was in Irvine and came out to me in Anaheim hills/Orange county to have the car wrap done for his car.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

don@wannaberacer.com
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2015, 03:09 AM   #10
Don N.
Rep

I always do enjoy having modified cars come by to have work done on their cars. The owner of this carbon black BMW E39 M5 came by to have me apply my light tint material to his whole tail light. This is the same material/shade that you see me using in all of my previous pictures of tinted tail lights. It may appear slightly lighter on this specific car, but that's because on darker colored cars (IE black, dark grey, etc) the contrast between the tint shade and the car is not as big, so it'll appear lighter than it does on lighter colored cars (IE white, silver, etc). He drove out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the vinyl work done.

Before:

Left/driver side tinted - Right/passenger side stock:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2015, 05:11 PM   #11
Don N.
Rep

Even small subtle changes to the car can change the look of the car. The owner of this silver BMW F10 M5 sedan brought his car by to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange county to have me apply some gloss black vinyl car wrap to the small chrome inserts on his door handles. Everything else on the car was already blacked out except for these pieces, so by blacking these out, it completed the look of the car.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

don@wannaberacer.com
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2015, 02:31 PM   #12
Don N.
Rep

The owner of this blue E90 335i sedan originally had his roof painted black and his carbon fiber hood painted gloss black in the center and body color on the sides. However, the condition of the black paint was no longer as nice as it once was when it was originally painted, so he had me vinyl wrap over it. Instead of just going with the gloss black again, he had me use the 3M 1080 gloss carbon fiber material, to change up the look a bit. I ended up just doing the center of the hood in carbon, essentially just covering up the pieces/parts that were painted gloss black. He also originally had his window trim wrapped in gloss black, but the job wasn't that great, so I redid that for him. I believe the owner of this car was from Long Beach and drove out to me in Anaheim Hills / Orange County. You can see that this material is a lot glossier than the 3M di-noc matte carbon fiber vinyl, but you will still never get the depth that real carbon fiber pieces have, since those parts/pieces have a thick gel coat on top of the carbon to provide that look.

You can see that the

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

don@wannaberacer.com
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2015, 04:06 PM   #13
LsuGeaux
The Regime
Rep
Drives: 3

Looks great. �� how much sq feet wrap do you buy? Thinking of doing a matte white.
Appreciate 1
      03-15-2015, 10:20 AM   #14
JDieselXXX
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235

Vinyl Wrap for 335i couple (att: Don N.)

question for the e92 coupe wrap- the weather windshield guard is stuck down to the paint (1 piece), do you try to tuck it under wind shield rubber or wrap to where the rubber guard meets the car paint?

I had a friend use a shop that tried to tuck the wrap under the weather seal and damaged the rubber since it was a little gooey and sticky, in the end they just put a thin 1 inch art tape to cover where the wrap met the windshield rubber.

My question is any chance the OEM windshield weather strip will be tamered or possibly damaged because this is a huge concern for me? Thanks@
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2015, 01:08 PM   #15
Don N.
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OvOszn View Post
Looks great. �� how much sq feet wrap do you buy? Thinking of doing a matte white.
Send me a PM with what you are trying to wrap. I am assuming whole car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revhardrsx View Post
question for the e92 coupe wrap- the weather windshield guard is stuck down to the paint (1 piece), do you try to tuck it under wind shield rubber or wrap to where the rubber guard meets the car paint?

I had a friend use a shop that tried to tuck the wrap under the weather seal and damaged the rubber since it was a little gooey and sticky, in the end they just put a thin 1 inch art tape to cover where the wrap met the windshield rubber.

My question is any chance the OEM windshield weather strip will be tamered or possibly damaged because this is a huge concern for me? Thanks@

Some BMWs have it and some don't. If your weather strip is already damaged, there is nothing you can do to fix it other than replacing it unfortunately.

-Don
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2015, 10:35 PM   #16
Don N.
Rep

The owner of this blue E92 M3 has had me do several of his cars in the past before as well. This time he brought me his car to have me lightly smoke/tint the tail lights on his car. Sorry for the before/during pictures, the lighting wasn't as good, but hopefully you can see how the tail lights look like in the after pictures. The owner of this car was around Newport Beach are and came out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange county to have the tint work done. It's a fairly light shade, which gives it a very factory look.

Before:

Driver/left side stock - passenger/right side tinted:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2015, 03:57 AM   #17
Game
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Great work.

How much vinyl do you recommend to wrap a roof?
      03-18-2015, 04:22 PM   #18
Don N.
Rep

I don't have the sizes on me right now, but if you PM me, I can check it later for you.

The owner of this white Ferrari FF coupe has had several of his previous cars worked on by me in the past for different vinyl wrap projects. *For his Ferrari FF, we went with the my gloss black vinyl materials for the roof of his car to give it a panoramic roof look and also give it a more aggressive look. *Even though the car already stands out from other cars, the gloss black roof really changed the look of the car even more in a positive way. *The owner of this car was local to me in Yorba Linda and came out to my shop in Orange County to have the vinyl work done. *Also, the purple hue in the pictures was because this car was finished just as the sun was going down and the lighting of the sky was a bit purpleish that day, which translated over into the pictures.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2015, 11:45 AM   #19
Don N.
Rep

This is something different than what you guys are used to seeing me post. I vinyl wrapped the center/raised portion of the hood on this white BMW E92 M3 with my matte black vinyl material. Of course, the roof on this car was already carbon fiber, so I did not have to do anything with that. However, the owner of this car wanted to give it a more aggressive look without it being permanent and no other vinyl shops were willing to do this on his car. Luckily he found me, and I've done this for several cars in the past before, so it wasn't a problem. Owner of this car was from around south Orange County and came over to me in Anaheim Hills.

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2015, 12:34 PM   #20
JDE93
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i

Garage List
Wink Here's mine ...

My Project this summer....
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-21-2015, 10:04 PM   #21
bfritzsch
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '11 e90 335i xDrive M-Sport

Garage List
what's the going rate for a full sedan wrap? you can pm if you'd prefer.
      03-23-2015, 01:42 AM   #22
Don N.
Rep

Price largely depends on the material/finish you want it wrapped in and also prices will vary greatly from location to location (IE socal vs east coast, etc).
Appreciate 0