E90Post

N54Tuning.com

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > All-Wheel-Drive (Xi / xDrive) Talk > MHD unsuccessful flashes

12-01-2015, 08:50 AM   #1
cmg5461
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Deep Green 335xi 6MT

Garage List
2008 BMW 335xi  [0.00]
MHD unsuccessful flashes

I have an I8A0S DME.

Has anyone successfully flashed with MHD? I keep getting transfer case errors and 2D59 codes

2D59 DME digital motor electronics, internal failure: control actual torque

Just curious if this is an MHD issue
      12-07-2015, 02:09 PM   #2
chmerlinn
Private
Rep
Drives: 2010 335

I read somewhere in the MHD discussion that with XI you will have a system bug-out after the flash and all it takes is restarting vehicle and driving around the block for it to go away. Take this with a grain of salt, I don't know what those codes were in relation to what you are seeing.. Good luck.

I will be flashing my vehicle once I get my valve cover replaced.. So in a bout a week, will let you know if I experience any errors (XI also..)
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2015, 02:17 PM   #3
TGNY 335
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 335xi 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmg5461 View Post
I have an I8A0S DME.

Has anyone successfully flashed with MHD? I keep getting transfer case errors and 2D59 codes

2D59 DME digital motor electronics, internal failure: control actual torque

Just curious if this is an MHD issue
During the Flash the Error codes for ABS, DSC, and Traction Control and etc. are normal. 100% normal. Once MHD gets done flashing, you will see the screen change to:

"ECU normal operation"

Then

"Clearing Codes

then it will say:

"Complete - Flash time xxxxx"
"Turn off Ignition"

When is says turn off ignition. Press the "Engine Start" button once. then remove the key. You may recieve an icon on the dash that looks like a car on a lift. Wait for that icon to dissappear, then count to 10 and insert key then start the car. and you should be just fine.
      12-07-2015, 03:51 PM   #4
Harambe
Tire Hardo
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335xi 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by chmerlinn View Post
I read somewhere in the MHD discussion that with XI you will have a system bug-out after the flash and all it takes is restarting vehicle and driving around the block for it to go away. Take this with a grain of salt, I don't know what those codes were in relation to what you are seeing.. Good luck.

I will be flashing my vehicle once I get my valve cover replaced.. So in a bout a week, will let you know if I experience any errors (XI also..)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedTuning View Post
During the Flash the Error codes for ABS, DSC, and Traction Control and etc. are normal. 100% normal. Once MHD gets done flashing, you will see the screen change to:

"ECU normal operation"

Then

"Clearing Codes

then it will say:

"Complete - Flash time xxxxx"
"Turn off Ignition"

When is says turn off ignition. Press the "Engine Start" button once. then remove the key. You may recieve an icon on the dash that looks like a car on a lift. Wait for that icon to dissappear, then count to 10 and insert key then start the car. and you should be just fine.
It's common to get a 4x4 error (no codes though) after flashing. I always get one, takes an hour or so to go away. OP is getting something completely different.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2015, 03:58 PM   #5
TGNY 335
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heel Toe View Post
It's common to get a 4x4 error (no codes though) after flashing. I always get one, takes an hour or so to go away. OP is getting something completely different.
Opos, I actually quoted the wrong post. Lol. That was to the second post. I've never had that DME code from flashing.

OP- if you got the code during the flash I would flash back to stock. Drive the car a bit to make sure no issues are present then attempt to flash again.

Be 100% sure that you don't jerk the the cable on the obd2 port while flashing.

Heel Toe- it should not take an hour for those codes to go away. If you can....Try what I just posted. And see if it still takes that long. It shouldn't.
      12-07-2015, 04:00 PM   #6
Harambe
Tire Hardo
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335xi 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedTuning View Post
Opos, I actually quoted the wrong post. Lol. That was to the second post. I've never had that DME code from flashing.

OP- if you got the code during the flash I would flash back to stock. Drive the car a bit to make sure no issues are present then attempt to flash again.

Be 100% sure that you don't jerk the the cable on the obd2 port while flashing.

Heel Toe- it should not take an hour for those codes to go away. If you can....Try what I just posted. And see if it still takes that long. It shouldn't.
I actually don't know how long they take to go away. I've usually just let it sit for an hour and they're gone after than.

I suggest you look here, he's had more problems.

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35273
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2015, 04:15 PM   #7
TGNY 335
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I actually don't know how long they take to go away. I've usually just let it sit for an hour and they're gone after than.

Wow, that's a lot of issues.

I suggest putting everything back to stock. And make sure when you're trying to flash a backend that the JB4 is put in Map 0 i think it is for bypass.

I have an MSD80 and never had these issues at all. Granted I'm running flash only custom tunes. But that shouldn't matter
      12-07-2015, 08:16 PM   #8
cmg5461
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Deep Green 335xi 6MT

Garage List
2008 BMW 335xi  [0.00]
Quote:

That's me