E90Post

GetBMWParts

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N57 / M57 Turbo Diesel Discussions - 335d > 335d JBD

12-12-2011, 07:40 PM   #23
EYE4SPEED
Ex-Quattro Driver

Drives: E90 335d M-Sport LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmahaDZL View Post
I have also red that the little white connector piece we remove before install is brittle and likely will break after a few install/uninstalls.
Above and also the connector on the JBD...
      12-12-2011, 11:20 PM   #24
EMC
rallyroad.net

Drives: 335d, Turbo E36 Vert

Quote:
Mike,
Could you address a couple of questions that I have, which are mostly related to my newness to my car.

I have BMW Assist active. Will it transmit any code it receives to the dealership? Will it only do this when I activate it? Is there a priority of codes it will transmit? (like SES no, but limp mode yes)

Also, I think I have read that the CAN tool will not erase a limp mode error. Is that true? If so, isnt this a red flag for the dealer, given how wildly popular the JBD is and will continue to be?

I have also red that the little white connector piece we remove before install is brittle and likely will break after a few install/uninstalls. Are these parts that your company can acquire and provide for sale?

Obviously my concerns center around my warranty.....esp considering I plan on getting it extended to 100k. Thanks in advance.
I leave the little white plastic piece out when going back to stock. Never had an issue.

The CAN tool erases everything as far as I can tell. Lately, I've just left it plugged in so when the car randomly goes into limp mode, I can press the reset button and get back to full power within 30 seconds.
      12-13-2011, 12:10 PM   #25
Ron1n
Speed Demon

Drives: '10 335d E90

Garage List
2010 335d  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMC View Post
I leave the little white plastic piece out when going back to stock. Never had an issue.

The CAN tool erases everything as far as I can tell. Lately, I've just left it plugged in so when the car randomly goes into limp mode, I can press the reset button and get back to full power within 30 seconds.
Or, you could just turn the car off and back on, takes 5 seconds (yes, while you're driving).
      12-13-2011, 12:27 PM   #26
rakimb17
Dude

Drives: Prius, 87 GN on E-85 and 335d

I threw an engine malfunction code and the dealer didn't call me. But maybe my dealer sucks.

Quote:
Mike,
Could you address a couple of questions that I have, which are mostly related to my newness to my car.

I have BMW Assist active. Will it transmit any code it receives to the dealership? Will it only do this when I activate it? Is there a priority of codes it will transmit? (like SES no, but limp mode yes)

Also, I think I have read that the CAN tool will not erase a limp mode error. Is that true? If so, isnt this a red flag for the dealer, given how wildly popular the JBD is and will continue to be?

I have also red that the little white connector piece we remove before install is brittle and likely will break after a few install/uninstalls. Are these parts that your company can acquire and provide for sale?

Obviously my concerns center around my warranty.....esp considering I plan on getting it extended to 100k. Thanks in advance.
rakimb17 is offline   United_States
      12-13-2011, 01:03 PM   #27
EMC
rallyroad.net

Drives: 335d, Turbo E36 Vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron1n View Post
Or, you could just turn the car off and back on, takes 5 seconds (yes, while you're driving).
While driving down the freeway? Id rather press a button.
      12-13-2011, 09:21 PM   #28
Mike@N54Tuning.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

Drives: 07335i

Quote:
Mike,

The car won't transmit codes. The CT can erase any hidden tuner codes. The little white piece can be thrown in the trash if you prefer, it isn't needed for the OEM connector to seat. BMS does not carry them.

Mike
Mike@N54Tuning.com is offline   Canada
      12-14-2011, 12:55 AM   #29
scott135i
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 2013 BMW 550xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron1n View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMC View Post

I've done this tons of times in my N54 and now twice in my 335d. No problem. Throw the cat in neutral obviously.
2007 BMW Z4 M (White/Red): Retired
2003 & 2006 Cadillac CTS : Retired
scott135i is offline   United_States
      12-15-2011, 12:54 AM   #30
rakimb17
Dude

Drives: Prius, 87 GN on E-85 and 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott135i View Post
Please. For smiles sakes, turn it up to 75-90. Difference is noticeable. Not a huge ton, but def noticeable.
I bumped it up to 70-75 today. Almost feels like my old SRT8 now.
Only i'm still getting around 29-30mpg with a lead foot.
rakimb17 is offline   United_States