E90Post
 


GTB Performance
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > New Member



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-26-2011, 07:34 PM   #1
NPM11
New Member
 
Drives: 2007 E90 320i
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Posts: 14
iTrader: (0)

Smile New Member

Hey Fellas,

My name is Nick, and i am one of the lucky few who got a BMW as their first car.
Im 17 currently, and im going to be on my P's in about 6 months (May).

So i recently got my hands on a 07 320i M sport in Saphire Black.
I love it, its fun to drive and i dont need a huge amount of power under the hood at my age and experience.

There are however, a few things i would like your oppinions on:

Black kidney grill, matte or gloss?

Exhaust, not a fan of the stock sound and looks, was thinking of the OEM Performance Exhaust. How much would this cost me? I may be able to get a family friend to install for me if that cuts out installation costs. Or if you have any other recommendations, i would like to hear them.

Wheels/tyres. I currently have the 18" m sport wheels (cant remember the type), and i like the look of the GTC Matte black or the Miro 111 matte black, However neither of these come in 18"X8/18"X8.5, so i would have to get new tyres as well, Do you guys have any suggestions of wheels/tyres.
Think i currently have Continental sports on the car at the moment.

Think that is about it for now, just remember i would like to keep costs down as i am young and takes me ages to save up. Obviously i am not going to be doing all this at once

Oh yea, one more thing, I really need a good cut and polish and a good detail. Do you guys have any recommendations for melbourne?

Ok Cheers guys, look forward to reading your thoughts.
NPM11 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-26-2011, 08:10 PM   #2
RaihaX
Major General
 
RaihaX's Avatar
 
Drives: 08' 135i
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Australia, Perth

Posts: 5,029
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPM11 View Post
Hey Fellas,

My name is Nick, and i am one of the lucky few who got a BMW as their first car.
Im 17 currently, and im going to be on my P's in about 6 months (May).

So i recently got my hands on a 07 320i M sport in Saphire Black.
I love it, its fun to drive and i dont need a huge amount of power under the hood at my age and experience.

There are however, a few things i would like your oppinions on:
Welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPM11 View Post
Black kidney grill, matte or gloss?
depends on what kind of theme are you going for - if all your other mods are gloss then go for gloss same with matte

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPM11 View Post
Exhaust, not a fan of the stock sound and looks, was thinking of the OEM Performance Exhaust. How much would this cost me? I may be able to get a family friend to install for me if that cuts out installation costs. Or if you have any other recommendations, i would like to hear them.
Not sure how much it cost for the 320i but on mine it was around 1150 shipped but I think it should be cheaper on the 320i.

Check out tischer or unitedbmw as they would be a lot cheaper then over here. In terms of installation I am pretty sure the 320i is just a axleback? so is literally unbolt your old one and bolt in your new one would be very easy to do.

I'll let SBC chime in since he would be the resident 320i expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPM11 View Post
Wheels/tyres. I currently have the 18" m sport wheels (cant remember the type), and i like the look of the GTC Matte black or the Miro 111 matte black, However neither of these come in 18"X8/18"X8.5, so i would have to get new tyres as well, Do you guys have any suggestions of wheels/tyres.
Think i currently have Continental sports on the car at the moment.
The GTC wheels are good and you might as well go for 19s looks very good on the 3er. Get your tyre from tirerack as it is a lot cheaper as well - for a 320i Hankook V12 should do the job just fine - cheap performance tyre.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPM11 View Post
Oh yea, one more thing, I really need a good cut and polish and a good detail. Do you guys have any recommendations for melbourne?
I hear Final Inspection in Melbourne are awesome but I am sure the local could give you better recommendation.

http://www.finalinspection.com.au/

Last edited by RaihaX; 11-26-2011 at 08:40 PM.
RaihaX is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      11-26-2011, 08:30 PM   #3
obert
Lieutenant Colonel
 
obert's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 E90 N54 335xi
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Seattle Wa

Posts: 1,597
iTrader: (18)

Welcome
obert is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-26-2011, 08:34 PM   #4
Slow_335i
Daily Driven!
 
Slow_335i's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 335i
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Peoria IL

Posts: 2,489
iTrader: (11)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335I  [3.32]
Welcome!

Also for your kidneys paint them pink!
__________________

Last edited by Slow_335i; 11-27-2011 at 01:36 AM.
Slow_335i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-26-2011, 10:25 PM   #5
Chris.G
Banned
 
Chris.G's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 LCI MSPORT X5 30d
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sydney, Australia

Posts: 3,122
iTrader: (0)

Welcome to the BMW fraternity.
Chris.G is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      11-26-2011, 11:26 PM   #6
pcockley
Banned
 
Drives: 335
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: sydney

Posts: 1,732
iTrader: (1)

Chris, what you don't know a Fatima that can help with pink grills?! I'm disappointed and disillusioned!

Bye op welcome and you shoulda got a D, hahahaha beet ya PWOH, noknoknok ;-P
pcockley is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-27-2011, 01:26 AM   #7
sbce90
Me Boosta
 
sbce90's Avatar
 
Drives: 320i / MB C63 / VW up!
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Sydney, Australia

Posts: 5,473
iTrader: (3)

I shall share my 320i wisdom with you soon. But at the moment I am fairly spent and will rest a bit.

So yeh, I also got my 320i at 17. Since then I have proceeded to mod the F@CK out of it.
sbce90 is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      11-27-2011, 02:50 AM   #8
Max555
Private First Class
 
Max555's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 E90 update 320i
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Melbourne

Posts: 139
iTrader: (0)

Welcome, you're going to love your car.
__________________
E90 320i Exec 07 update | innovations package | comfort access | 18" ellipsoid 162 | Potenza 225/40 front 255/35 rear
Max555 is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      11-27-2011, 04:18 AM   #9
lz419
Shaunny.L
 
Drives: a dieselolic Smurfff
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Melb

Posts: 325
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2009 BMW 320d  [0.00]
Welcome
Am from Melbourne as well!!

Matte black grill looks good, you can get fro Jason@Eurodivision. I got mine from his warehouse
__________________
let's Torque'

K&N 57i, CRD-t , BE by Breyton 19', smurf with matte white interior, tune pedalbox, MD...almost there...
lz419 is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      11-27-2011, 05:08 AM   #10
Chris.G
Banned
 
Chris.G's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 LCI MSPORT X5 30d
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sydney, Australia

Posts: 3,122
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcockley View Post
Chris, what you don't know a Fatima that can help with pink grills?! I'm disappointed and disillusioned!
I wouldn't want to disappoint you pcock, the pink kidney grills can be purchased from Got Grillz Melbourne. Damn good service.
Chris.G is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      11-27-2011, 07:23 AM   #11
335i-boy
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: E92 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Australia

Posts: 354
iTrader: (0)

Welcome NPM11.

Nice car. SBM and M-Sport ftw.. and yeah this place can be like a frat house sometimes.
__________________
2008 E92 335i M-Sport | Sapphire Black | Sunroof | Creme Beige | Poplar Grey | Logic 7 | 6AT | 19" AG M359's | Michelin PSS | LUX V3 | E85 | JB4 G5 ISO | Wedge Flash | Vishnu DCI | AR Design Catless DP's | Forge DV's | Helix IC | (Stock Cat. back) |
335i-boy is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:55 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST