E90Post
 


Bimmer Retrofit
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > Moving from JB3 to Procede...



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-28-2011, 05:13 PM   #1
cliverman
Captain
 
cliverman's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 X6 35i
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Durham,NC

Posts: 629
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 335i  [5.00]
Moving from JB3 to Procede...

I'm ditching my JB3. What's the deal with the maps on Proceed? Auto tune?
Board 2, 2.5,3? Somebody give me the quick info. I'm gong to buy this puppy tonight so hook a brother up with the skinny.
__________________
He who knows when he can fight and when he cannot, will be victorious. -Sun Tzu
cliverman is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-28-2011, 05:34 PM   #2
NYAWE60
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2009 535i Sport
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NYC

Posts: 367
iTrader: (0)

Did you consider Cobb AP?
NYAWE60 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-28-2011, 05:40 PM   #3
cliverman
Captain
 
cliverman's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 X6 35i
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Durham,NC

Posts: 629
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 335i  [5.00]
Not really. Tell me about Cobb.

http://www.cobbtuning.com/products/?id=5833&rsku=0

I don't see N55
__________________
He who knows when he can fight and when he cannot, will be victorious. -Sun Tzu
cliverman is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-28-2011, 06:00 PM   #4
FrankiE90
Major General
 
FrankiE90's Avatar
 
Drives: Krooked Sk8board
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Pasadena, Ca

Posts: 8,614
iTrader: (11)

Send a message via Skype™ to FrankiE90
if u can rev 2.5.
if u can't rev 2 will be fine.
if u want meth later, i'm sure u can talk to shiv and
upgrade to rev 2.5 board.

map 11-08 for sure.
that's running aggressive.
some guys have been running autotune off on map 2.
catless DP - dew it if u haven't yet.
u'll be love'n the extra power.
__________________
FrankiE90 AKA:.[The TANK] *CLICK THE SIG
2011 335 E90 MTECH 6MT KW V3 INJEN Intake Berk 4" DP Vanguard V2 exhaust Procede V5 Stoptech BBK RPI Scoops Karbonwerk CSL Trunk LUX H8 19" BBS LM 18" BBS GT4
FrankiE90 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-28-2011, 07:44 PM   #5
cliverman
Captain
 
cliverman's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 X6 35i
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Durham,NC

Posts: 629
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 335i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankiE90 View Post
if u can rev 2.5.
if u can't rev 2 will be fine.
if u want meth later, i'm sure u can talk to shiv and
upgrade to rev 2.5 board.

map 11-08 for sure.
that's running aggressive.
some guys have been running autotune off on map 2.
catless DP - dew it if u haven't yet.
u'll be love'n the extra power.
Thanks. What's the deal with map1 autotune v. map2 non-auto?? I'll just put it in the car and forget about it. I'll set it once and leave it alone. I don't track the car and always run 93 oct. No Dps or any other mods planned.
__________________
He who knows when he can fight and when he cannot, will be victorious. -Sun Tzu
cliverman is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-28-2011, 09:57 PM   #6
boostd92
Captain
 
Drives: '11 E92 M-Sport
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Chicago, IL

Posts: 656
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Why the switch?
boostd92 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-28-2011, 10:40 PM   #7
FrankiE90
Major General
 
FrankiE90's Avatar
 
Drives: Krooked Sk8board
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Pasadena, Ca

Posts: 8,614
iTrader: (11)

Send a message via Skype™ to FrankiE90
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliverman View Post
Thanks. What's the deal with map1 autotune v. map2 non-auto?? I'll just put it in the car and forget about it. I'll set it once and leave it alone. I don't track the car and always run 93 oct. No Dps or any other mods planned.

u can keep it at autotune then.
guys have been say'n they're not hit'n 15-16psi with autotune on.
with the lastest map it hit's 10psi on full throttle immediately and will
quickly build to 15-16psi. Before there was a slower build to 10 then to
15psi.
gears 1,2,3 is aggressive you'll spin tires with traction control on.
The torque will make you smile, it's amazing.

no DP no prob.
just remember to have Shiv or robert load the new firmware and
map for you.
good luck.
__________________
FrankiE90 AKA:.[The TANK] *CLICK THE SIG
2011 335 E90 MTECH 6MT KW V3 INJEN Intake Berk 4" DP Vanguard V2 exhaust Procede V5 Stoptech BBK RPI Scoops Karbonwerk CSL Trunk LUX H8 19" BBS LM 18" BBS GT4
FrankiE90 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-28-2011, 11:32 PM   #8
KnoxDawg
First Lieutenant
 
KnoxDawg's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 EBII 328i
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Knoxville, TN

Posts: 376
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostd92 View Post
Why the switch?
Would like to know this as well...
__________________
2014 F30 M-Sport 328i, Estoril Blue, Sport Auto, Moonroof, Lighting Package, Navigation, Harman Kardon, Black Performance Grilles, Stainless Pedals.
KnoxDawg is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-28-2011, 11:38 PM   #9
ejazbmw
blahhh
 
ejazbmw's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E92 335i
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NJ/NY

Posts: 6,340
iTrader: (7)

i think hes switching because procede has more aggressive maps then jb (just guessing though)
ejazbmw is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-29-2011, 12:05 AM   #10
woner
Second Lieutenant
 
woner's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 LMB 135i DCT
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Knoxville, TN

Posts: 227
iTrader: (1)

cliverman, will you be selling your jb3 on the forums? If so I'm interested in purchasing it
woner is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-29-2011, 05:09 AM   #11
cliverman
Captain
 
cliverman's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 X6 35i
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Durham,NC

Posts: 629
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 335i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by woner View Post
cliverman, will you be selling your jb3 on the forums? If so I'm interested in purchasing it
PM me with a reasonable offer and it's yours.
__________________
He who knows when he can fight and when he cannot, will be victorious. -Sun Tzu
cliverman is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-29-2011, 05:15 AM   #12
cliverman
Captain
 
cliverman's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 X6 35i
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Durham,NC

Posts: 629
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 335i  [5.00]
No debate

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostd92 View Post
Why the switch?
As to not start the classic JB3 v. PROcede debate, that has been raging since the beginning of time, I'll just say I've had a few issues with my JB3 and leave it at that.

PM me if you want details.
__________________
He who knows when he can fight and when he cannot, will be victorious. -Sun Tzu
cliverman is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-29-2011, 05:22 AM   #13
cliverman
Captain
 
cliverman's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 X6 35i
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Durham,NC

Posts: 629
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 335i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankiE90 View Post
u can keep it at autotune then.
guys have been say'n they're not hit'n 15-16psi with autotune on.
with the lastest map it hit's 10psi on full throttle immediately and will
quickly build to 15-16psi. Before there was a slower build to 10 then to
15psi.
gears 1,2,3 is aggressive you'll spin tires with traction control on.
The torque will make you smile, it's amazing.

no DP no prob.
just remember to have Shiv or robert load the new firmware and
map for you.
good luck.
Thanks Frank - that's the info I was looking for.
__________________
He who knows when he can fight and when he cannot, will be victorious. -Sun Tzu
cliverman is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-29-2011, 07:48 AM   #14
Mike@N54Tuning.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Drives: 07335i
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Earth

Posts: 14,287
iTrader: (86)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliverman View Post
I'm ditching my JB3. What's the deal with the maps on Proceed? Auto tune?
Board 2, 2.5,3? Somebody give me the quick info. I'm gong to buy this puppy tonight so hook a brother up with the skinny.
If you have the Stage1 (JB3) you should upgrade to the Stage2 (JB4). It's night and day better and the upgrade doesn't cost much at all.

Mike
Mike@N54Tuning.com is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      11-29-2011, 10:42 AM   #15
ian2002525
台灣 台北市
 
ian2002525's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 GT-R Premium
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Brentwood, TN/台灣

Posts: 1,265
iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2011 335i coupe  [4.50]
Send a message via Skype™ to ian2002525
Quote:
Originally Posted by woner View Post
cliverman, will you be selling your jb3 on the forums? If so I'm interested in purchasing it
we have n54 and n55 meet up in nashville. welcome to join us sometime!
ian2002525 is offline   Taiwan
0
Reply With Quote
      11-29-2011, 02:14 PM   #16
woner
Second Lieutenant
 
woner's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 LMB 135i DCT
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Knoxville, TN

Posts: 227
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian2002525 View Post
we have n54 and n55 meet up in nashville. welcome to join us sometime!
Cool let me know next time you meet up
woner is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-29-2011, 02:38 PM   #17
madmanhiker
Lieutenant Colonel
 
madmanhiker's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 E92 335i
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Jacksonville, Fl

Posts: 1,545
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@N54Tuning.com View Post
If you have the Stage1 (JB3) you should upgrade to the Stage2 (JB4). It's night and day better and the upgrade doesn't cost much at all.

Mike
Xactly. I was ready to leave my JB3 for PROcede as well... then JB4 Stage 2 came out. I have been extremely pleased with it.
__________________
-madmanhiker jax,fl
madmanhiker is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-29-2011, 02:59 PM   #18
Garrett@Vishnu
Private
 
Garrett@Vishnu's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 S2K
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: SF Bay Area

Posts: 60
iTrader: (0)

PROcede

If you have any questions about the PROcede unit and how it matches up against our competitors, give us a call @ 9254159148... cyber week deals available till Friday (12/2)
Garrett@Vishnu is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-29-2011, 03:04 PM   #19
Mike@N54Tuning.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Drives: 07335i
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Earth

Posts: 14,287
iTrader: (86)

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmanhiker View Post
Xactly. I was ready to leave my JB3 for PROcede as well... then JB4 Stage 2 came out. I have been extremely pleased with it.
+1

Mike
Mike@N54Tuning.com is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      11-30-2011, 06:28 PM   #20
cliverman
Captain
 
cliverman's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 X6 35i
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Durham,NC

Posts: 629
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 335i  [5.00]
Plunge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett@Vishnu View Post
If you have any questions about the PROcede unit and how it matches up against our competitors, give us a call @ 9254159148... cyber week deals available till Friday (12/2)
Great deal. Done. I'm waiting on my door step for the UPS guy.
__________________
He who knows when he can fight and when he cannot, will be victorious. -Sun Tzu
cliverman is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-30-2011, 06:34 PM   #21
Slops
Major General
 
Slops's Avatar
 
Drives: 2005 C55 AMG
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Oxford

Posts: 5,326
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliverman View Post
Great deal. Done. I'm waiting on my door step for the UPS guy.
must be the first Vishnu post in here in a while
Slops is offline   South Africa
0
Reply With Quote
      11-30-2011, 06:37 PM   #22
cliverman
Captain
 
cliverman's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 X6 35i
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Durham,NC

Posts: 629
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 335i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy View Post
must be the first Vishnu post in here in a while
??
__________________
He who knows when he can fight and when he cannot, will be victorious. -Sun Tzu
cliverman is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:59 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST