E90Post
 


Extreme Power House
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > P3 vent guage



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-29-2011, 09:54 PM   #1
pcockley
Banned
21
Rep
1,732
Posts

Drives: 335
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: sydney

iTrader: (1)

P3 vent guage

Anyone got a P3 vent guage?? any comments or feedback?
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2011, 09:58 PM   #2
Chris.G
Banned
Chris.G's Avatar
Australia
46
Rep
3,122
Posts

Drives: 2011 LCI MSPORT X5 30d
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sydney, Australia

iTrader: (0)

The 1addicts guys hate it, i like though.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2011, 10:07 PM   #3
RaihaX
Major General
RaihaX's Avatar
Australia
66
Rep
5,025
Posts

Drives: 08' 135i
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Australia, Perth

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris.G View Post
The 1addicts guys hate it, i like though.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2011, 10:11 PM   #4
Chris.G
Banned
Chris.G's Avatar
Australia
46
Rep
3,122
Posts

Drives: 2011 LCI MSPORT X5 30d
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sydney, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaihaX View Post
Oh sorry, except for the mod queen Rai. Better mate?
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2011, 10:18 PM   #5
RaihaX
Major General
RaihaX's Avatar
Australia
66
Rep
5,025
Posts

Drives: 08' 135i
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Australia, Perth

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris.G View Post
Oh sorry, except for the mod queen Rai. Better mate?
Nope

The majority of it actually likes it over in that forum thus my comment?
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2011, 10:25 PM   #6
Chris.G
Banned
Chris.G's Avatar
Australia
46
Rep
3,122
Posts

Drives: 2011 LCI MSPORT X5 30d
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sydney, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaihaX View Post
Nope

The majority of it actually likes it over in that forum thus my comment?
You heard of someone called shit stir Chris?
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2011, 10:27 PM   #7
RaihaX
Major General
RaihaX's Avatar
Australia
66
Rep
5,025
Posts

Drives: 08' 135i
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Australia, Perth

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris.G View Post
You heard of someone called shit stir Chris?
Nice to meet you

Did we just crap on pcock's thread?
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2011, 10:32 PM   #8
Chris.G
Banned
Chris.G's Avatar
Australia
46
Rep
3,122
Posts

Drives: 2011 LCI MSPORT X5 30d
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sydney, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaihaX View Post
Nice to meet you

Did we just crap on pcock's thread?
He loves it.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2011, 10:40 PM   #9
pcockley
Banned
21
Rep
1,732
Posts

Drives: 335
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: sydney

iTrader: (1)

get a room you two your is making me
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2011, 10:42 PM   #10
RaihaX
Major General
RaihaX's Avatar
Australia
66
Rep
5,025
Posts

Drives: 08' 135i
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Australia, Perth

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcockley View Post
get a room you two your is making me
Aww come here pcock there are more to go around!
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2011, 10:50 PM   #11
pcockley
Banned
21
Rep
1,732
Posts

Drives: 335
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: sydney

iTrader: (1)

I thought you westies were meant to be sand gropers not pcock gropers
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2011, 10:51 PM   #12
Chris.G
Banned
Chris.G's Avatar
Australia
46
Rep
3,122
Posts

Drives: 2011 LCI MSPORT X5 30d
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sydney, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcockley View Post
get a room you two your is making me
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2011, 01:41 AM   #13
cent778
Private
1
Rep
82
Posts

Drives: e92 335
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Perth

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcockley View Post
Anyone got a P3 vent guage?? any comments or feedback?
I have the P3 version1 gauge and can tell you that all the vent slats have broken off. Hopefully the v2 have addressed the problem, by making them with a more durable material.
In terms of reading boost on the fly. It's very difficult due to placement and digital read out (an analogue readout would be better imo).
Obviously v2 is a massive step in terms of function and data ability compared to the original.
It all boils down to what you want out the system. For a boost gauge with data capabilities that's non rice looking, you cant go wrong with the P3.
Hope this helps.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2011, 01:50 AM   #14
RaihaX
Major General
RaihaX's Avatar
Australia
66
Rep
5,025
Posts

Drives: 08' 135i
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Australia, Perth

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cent778 View Post
I have the P3 version1 gauge and can tell you that all the vent slats have broken off. Hopefully the v2 have addressed the problem, by making them with a more durable material.
In terms of reading boost on the fly. It's very difficult due to placement and digital read out (an analogue readout would be better imo).
Obviously v2 is a massive step in terms of function and data ability compared to the original.
It all boils down to what you want out the system. For a boost gauge with data capabilities that's non rice looking, you cant go wrong with the P3.
Hope this helps.
the v2.1 has been upgraded even further in terms of durability.

"Functionally similar, but the hardware is completely new... New processor, new display board, new canbus fuctions that allow the gauge to work with JB4.(old gauge didn't work with newest jb4 firmware because jb4 would flood the bus, we switched to faster chips to be able to handle the extra traffic)
new mounting bracket (old one was prone to breaking, new one is aluminum and very sturdy)

Big differences behind the scenes as we made changes for ease of production and enhanced compatibility, but most people wouldnt notice the difference after its installed."

What rick said about the difference between v2 and v2.1
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2011, 02:20 AM   #15
pcockley
Banned
21
Rep
1,732
Posts

Drives: 335
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: sydney

iTrader: (1)

Im keen but it looks like it is rather difficult to see the gauge.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2011, 02:55 AM   #16
RaihaX
Major General
RaihaX's Avatar
Australia
66
Rep
5,025
Posts

Drives: 08' 135i
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Australia, Perth

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcockley View Post
Im keen but it looks like it is rather difficult to see the gauge.
From what I can tell if i pretend there is a gauge on my vent it seems pretty easy to see on the 1er.

Direct line of sight - not sure if that is the case with the 3er?
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2011, 03:27 AM   #17
pcockley
Banned
21
Rep
1,732
Posts

Drives: 335
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: sydney

iTrader: (1)

From what I can gather the gauge would be blocked by my hand on the wheel.

I guess chris would be fine as he has toula to hold his for him bwahahaha
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2011, 04:57 AM   #18
Chris.G
Banned
Chris.G's Avatar
Australia
46
Rep
3,122
Posts

Drives: 2011 LCI MSPORT X5 30d
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sydney, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcockley View Post
From what I can gather the gauge would be blocked by my hand on the wheel.

I guess chris would be fine as he has toula to hold his for him bwahahaha
Touia's mate. One is never enough.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2011, 06:40 PM   #19
pcockley
Banned
21
Rep
1,732
Posts

Drives: 335
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: sydney

iTrader: (1)

ok decided against getting the p3. 2 reasons why, 1. the location is crap IMO, i can barely see the vent to start with and in the pictures they 'seem' to have paintbrushed out the vent slider thing and 2. 300+ for a guage seems a little too much.

If anyones got one for 150 I'd be willing to give it a go and if I didn't like it throw it in the bin.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2011, 03:06 AM   #20
BMW86
Major General
Australia
138
Rep
8,961
Posts

Drives: 135i CLA45 AMG Ninja
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcockley View Post
ok decided against getting the p3. 2 reasons why, 1. the location is crap IMO, i can barely see the vent to start with and in the pictures they 'seem' to have paintbrushed out the vent slider thing and 2. 300+ for a guage seems a little too much.

If anyones got one for 150 I'd be willing to give it a go and if I didn't like it throw it in the bin.
I know the price might seem a bit high but it's the price you pay for something that looks OEM, uses genuine OEM parts and gives you read-outs for boost, coolant, 0-100km/hr, the list goes on. If you're worried about how it looks, I can guarantee it looks 100% factory due to Rick using an OEM vent to install it in, this is reflected in the cost. Rick's GB thread has all the info about what the gauge does. You want v2.0 and upwards as v1 only reads boost. If your concern is the location of the gauge and being able to read it on the fly, you can record 15 second logs with the touch of a button and play it back afterwards. Also, you can read peak boost with the press of a button after WOT, which is how most people use it. I also find it hard to look at the boost gauge when I'm going WOT, especially in the higher gears
__________________
BMW 135i N54
MERCEDES CLA45 AMG
PAST: NINJA 300 ABS, BMW E46
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2011, 03:41 AM   #21
pcockley
Banned
21
Rep
1,732
Posts

Drives: 335
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: sydney

iTrader: (1)

Oh now you got me considering it again... A I just remembered, on the 3 the photos look wrong as the slider is not there, so I guess he takes it off, but then how do I set the direction of the air???
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2011, 04:52 AM   #22
BMW86
Major General
Australia
138
Rep
8,961
Posts

Drives: 135i CLA45 AMG Ninja
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcockley View Post
Oh now you got me considering it again... A I just remembered, on the 3 the photos look wrong as the slider is not there, so I guess he takes it off, but then how do I set the direction of the air???
Unfortunately I cannot comment on the 3 series P3 gauge but I'm fairly certain you would retain the feature of being able to direct the air.

I suggest posting a comment in the GB thread and Rick from P3cars should get back to you. If he doesn't, send me a PM and I'll follow it up for you

Here's the link http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...ghlight=P3cars

Imho, a boost gauge is a must-have mod on any turbo car. Fortunately, we have this slick looking boost gauge that looks completely OEM without the need to mount a tacky pod on our dash. It's a great gauge, you will be thoroughly impressed.
__________________
BMW 135i N54
MERCEDES CLA45 AMG
PAST: NINJA 300 ABS, BMW E46
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:49 PM.




e90post
e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST