E90Post
 


Horizon LED
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest > ***Official Northwest WTB/FS Thread***



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-25-2011, 10:39 AM   #45
DaanBMW
Lieutenant
DaanBMW's Avatar
United_States
5
Rep
403
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 328i coupe
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Portland, OR

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmeas View Post
Hi daan

Yea I was going to install in stages. First the cai. I heard it either maintains or somewhat causes slightly more lag to the throttle response. I want to see what it does performance wise.

Then I'll install the bms as it'll take about a day or two till the ecu adjusts to the new throttle response. I'll report back some unbiased findings
Best would be if you could do the same WOT drive on the same road under the same conditions & measure the times. Otherwise we are wired for met expectations. BTW - what's your mileage ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by andybui82 View Post
not much but the throttle response is worth it imo.
Yes, that seems to be the usual & expected result, but a few are reporting unwanted side-effects.
__________________
328i Sports Pkg, Michelin PSS on Staggered 18" OZ Ultraleggeras
. BMS Powerbox. Cyba scoops + charcoal delete. Wavetrac LSD
. M3: subframe bushings + sways + control arms. Meyle rear toe arms. M3 diff fr bushings
. BMW Perf: springs + v1 dampers
. Short Shifter + ZHP M weighted shift knob. CDV delete.
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2011, 03:57 PM   #46
ez_2get
Private First Class
ez_2get's Avatar
Canada
2
Rep
144
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 328i, NAV, Premium, Xenon
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Greater Vancouver Area, BC

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shermanator2411 View Post
I have a set of 15mm wheel spacers with the bolts FS/FT for either 10mm or 12mm set.. they have been installed on my car but have less than a mile on them. I went over the first speed bump out of my apartment and it rubbed =( I bought them for 100 I believe but be willing to trade or 50 cash!

Text me if interested at all! 253.250.9581


is this sold?
__________________
My other BMW.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2011, 08:49 PM   #47
brett_duenas
7.62 x E90
brett_duenas's Avatar
United_States
4
Rep
324
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 Golf-R
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Lacey, WA

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2012 Golf R  [0.00]
FS: Motorcycle gear [Alpine Stars/Joe Rocket Content]
Lacey, WA 98516

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=628369
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2011, 01:55 AM   #48
98005xi
Just a lowly, lowly cook
98005xi's Avatar
United_States
12
Rep
1,154
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 335xi
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bellevue, WA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ez_2get View Post
is this sold?
I've been too busy and it's been hard to coordinate schedules with Sherm to pick up these spacers. I'm hoping to get some time to meet up with Sherm to pick these up. If not, you're welcome to swoop in. Let me know so I don't hit up Sherm later this week. =]

-alex
__________________

Appreciate 0
      12-28-2011, 02:39 AM   #49
lpphreakx06
Professional Moose Racer
lpphreakx06's Avatar
Vietnam
101
Rep
7,225
Posts

 
Drives: SG 335i E92
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bellevue, Wa

iTrader: (25)

Canon 50mm 1.4
Bought in April but I purchased a 1.2 shortly after so it has roughly ~250 clicks on it.

Asking $280
__________________

BMW Dream Team PNW Chapter, member #1
|HP Autowerks | AR DESIGN | BMW PERFORMANCE | STOP TECH | Volk Racing| AMS | ARKYM
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2011, 03:02 AM   #50
ez_2get
Private First Class
ez_2get's Avatar
Canada
2
Rep
144
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 328i, NAV, Premium, Xenon
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Greater Vancouver Area, BC

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98005xi View Post
I've been too busy and it's been hard to coordinate schedules with Sherm to pick up these spacers. I'm hoping to get some time to meet up with Sherm to pick these up. If not, you're welcome to swoop in. Let me know so I don't hit up Sherm later this week. =]

-alex

we almost met last dec 25, except that i can only go as far as parking lot in tacoma mall, while he wants to meet w/ me at exit 143 park and ride. we thought of meeting again on jan 06th. however, if you wanted to snag it before the 6th, go ahead. you saw his thread first before me. if not, i'll probably buy it. let me know. tnx..
__________________
My other BMW.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2011, 08:40 PM   #51
jonnylin1
Lieutenant Colonel
34
Rep
1,694
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 AW e92 335i
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: PNW

iTrader: (1)

WTB

a pair of 10mm spacers with bolts...

lemme know!

Last edited by jonnylin1; 12-30-2011 at 06:24 AM.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2011, 09:48 PM   #52
DC_Oldboy
Q(*.*)-D Q-(^.~Q)
DC_Oldboy's Avatar
United_States
74
Rep
5,299
Posts

 
Drives: like an old person.
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bothell, WA

iTrader: (39)

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [4.11]
I have set of OEM 18" 162 wheels/tires for sale. Let me know if anyone is interested.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2011, 11:20 PM   #53
98005xi
Just a lowly, lowly cook
98005xi's Avatar
United_States
12
Rep
1,154
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 335xi
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bellevue, WA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpphreakx06 View Post
Canon 50mm 1.4
Bought in April but I purchased a 1.2 shortly after so it has roughly ~250 clicks on it.

Asking $280
man....this is tempting. I actually want your 1.2, but that's crazy - because it's the best 50mm for my 2.5 year old girl (she moves like the energizer bunny). I like using my 1.8, but I really could make use of that 1.4 Tuan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ez_2get View Post
we almost met last dec 25, except that i can only go as far as parking lot in tacoma mall, while he wants to meet w/ me at exit 143 park and ride. we thought of meeting again on jan 06th. however, if you wanted to snag it before the 6th, go ahead. you saw his thread first before me. if not, i'll probably buy it. let me know. tnx..
It's not that far from Tacoma up to exit143. =] Yeah, I'll be hitting up Sherm pretty soon. Either way, I'll let you know before the 6th.

OTOH, seems like JohnnyLin might swoop in before both of us. hah!
__________________

Appreciate 0
      12-30-2011, 12:26 PM   #54
atown88
Major
atown88's Avatar
United_States
18
Rep
1,442
Posts

 
Drives: e90
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (0)

Does anyone have an alpine white bumper fs? Stock? Mtech? Anything?? I bought splitters for my stock bumper and the paint on the bumper is pretty bad so it makes the splitters stand out way too much. Paint job is $800 at Harry's so I'd like to see if there is an alternative route.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2011, 12:39 PM   #55
andybui82
Colonel
andybui82's Avatar
United_States
41
Rep
2,474
Posts

 
Drives: 335d
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Blop PNW branch

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by atown88 View Post
Does anyone have an alpine white bumper fs? Stock? Mtech? Anything?? I bought splitters for my stock bumper and the paint on the bumper is pretty bad so it makes the splitters stand out way too much. Paint job is $800 at Harry's so I'd like to see if there is an alternative route.
i got a hook up on mlk. he does a pretty good job and its cheaper too.
__________________
Cars: SGM 325i (Retired) l BSM 135i (Retired) l SS to Gloss White S2000 (Retired) l Arctic White RS4 (Retired) l White GTi (retired) l AW 335d M-Sport
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2011, 04:02 PM   #56
Shermanator2411
Second Lieutenant
United_States
4
Rep
254
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 330i 6sp Sport pkg
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Federal Way, WA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's not that far from Tacoma up to exit143. =
Yeah, I'll be hitting up Sherm pretty soon. Either way, I'll let you know before the 6th.

OTOH, seems like JohnnyLin might swoop in before both of us. hah!
Hey sorry guys =/ I hadnt checked the forums for a while, Johnnylin did pick it up last night...

Good meeting you Johnathan!
__________________

2006 330i//Alpine White//Terra//6 Speed//Sport Package//Premium Package//19'' LM Reps//Blacklines//BMS PowerBox
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2012, 01:41 PM   #57
jmeas
Captain
11
Rep
845
Posts

 
Drives: '07 e92 328i Crimson
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Tacoma, WA

iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2007 328i e92  [2.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaanBMW View Post
Best would be if you could do the same WOT drive on the same road under the same conditions & measure the times. Otherwise we are wired for met expectations. BTW - what's your mileage ?



Yes, that seems to be the usual & expected result, but a few are reporting unwanted side-effects.
hey daan

with the weather we've had, i haven't been able to test everything in the same conditions and measure anytimes, however...

afe cold air intake really makes the incabin noise sound awesome. giving it only a really nice throatier sound around the 3-4k rpm range. anything under sounds oem which is great and won't be annoying w a daily driver.

now the bms pbx, worth it. no hp gains, but the throttle response really is what you will read. feels almost as if you're driving on DS mode but my mileage shows only .1 less at times, .2 more at other times. i put it back to map 0, stock, this morning on the way to work. and wow, felt like i had to really step on it to get the car moving.

you WILL began to get use to it's snappiness, but its not a bad thing. when i want to pass someone, or give it a little go, it'll move to my foot, not to the usual lag you get on the n52s.

hope that helps some!
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2012, 01:42 PM   #58
jmeas
Captain
11
Rep
845
Posts

 
Drives: '07 e92 328i Crimson
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Tacoma, WA

iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2007 328i e92  [2.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnylin1 View Post
WTB

a pair of 10mm spacers with bolts...

lemme know!
hey johnny, haven't kept up with your cars lately, but you're driving a 335 now? does it have the quad exhaust on it?
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2012, 01:43 PM   #59
jmeas
Captain
11
Rep
845
Posts

 
Drives: '07 e92 328i Crimson
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Tacoma, WA

iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2007 328i e92  [2.75]
looking to replace my front bumper, pre lci mtech or something new in general
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2012, 03:17 PM   #60
DaanBMW
Lieutenant
DaanBMW's Avatar
United_States
5
Rep
403
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 328i coupe
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Portland, OR

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmeas View Post
hey daan

with the weather we've had, i haven't been able to test everything in the same conditions and measure anytimes, however...

afe cold air intake really makes the incabin noise sound awesome. giving it only a really nice throatier sound around the 3-4k rpm range. anything under sounds oem which is great and won't be annoying w a daily driver.

now the bms pbx, worth it. no hp gains, but the throttle response really is what you will read. feels almost as if you're driving on DS mode but my mileage shows only .1 less at times, .2 more at other times. i put it back to map 0, stock, this morning on the way to work. and wow, felt like i had to really step on it to get the car moving.

you WILL began to get use to it's snappiness, but its not a bad thing. when i want to pass someone, or give it a little go, it'll move to my foot, not to the usual lag you get on the n52s.

hope that helps some!
Interesting, seems you like it do far ! Do you feel this snappiness across the range or is it just more upfront (lower revs) and then it "makes up" for it at higher revs, meaning you lose some of the linearity ? I'd think so since no HP gain, but I agree stock it does feels slow at lower revs so trade-off is prob worth it. I wonder what fuel mileage effect you'll experience, maybe share that later. A snappier pedal should ask for more gas but that's another unclear effect from what I've read.

Thanks for sharing.
__________________
328i Sports Pkg, Michelin PSS on Staggered 18" OZ Ultraleggeras
. BMS Powerbox. Cyba scoops + charcoal delete. Wavetrac LSD
. M3: subframe bushings + sways + control arms. Meyle rear toe arms. M3 diff fr bushings
. BMW Perf: springs + v1 dampers
. Short Shifter + ZHP M weighted shift knob. CDV delete.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2012, 03:26 PM   #61
lpphreakx06
Professional Moose Racer
lpphreakx06's Avatar
Vietnam
101
Rep
7,225
Posts

 
Drives: SG 335i E92
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bellevue, Wa

iTrader: (25)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpphreakx06 View Post
Canon 50mm 1.4
Bought in April but I purchased a 1.2 shortly after so it has roughly ~250 clicks on it.

Asking $280
SOLD, to my boy.
__________________

BMW Dream Team PNW Chapter, member #1
|HP Autowerks | AR DESIGN | BMW PERFORMANCE | STOP TECH | Volk Racing| AMS | ARKYM
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2012, 04:15 PM   #62
andybui82
Colonel
andybui82's Avatar
United_States
41
Rep
2,474
Posts

 
Drives: 335d
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Blop PNW branch

iTrader: (4)

Got a bunch of brand new clothes I don't want for sale!!
__________________
Cars: SGM 325i (Retired) l BSM 135i (Retired) l SS to Gloss White S2000 (Retired) l Arctic White RS4 (Retired) l White GTi (retired) l AW 335d M-Sport
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2012, 04:56 PM   #63
jm3as
Brigadier General
69
Rep
3,643
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 e92 328i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Renton, Wa

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaanBMW View Post
Interesting, seems you like it do far ! Do you feel this snappiness across the range or is it just more upfront (lower revs) and then it "makes up" for it at higher revs, meaning you lose some of the linearity ? I'd think so since no HP gain, but I agree stock it does feels slow at lower revs so trade-off is prob worth it. I wonder what fuel mileage effect you'll experience, maybe share that later. A snappier pedal should ask for more gas but that's another unclear effect from what I've read.

Thanks for sharing.
i've read, which in theory seems plausible, that the amount of extra gas used during the lag time to get the car up and going, almost accounts for the less "pedal to the floor" gas used with the bms. the car seems to rev much higher before shifting gears, almost to nearly 7k rpm.

since its a daily driver, not a race car, i feel its definitely put into use in the low rpms, for simply passes on the freeway or maneuvering and feeling like the car responds faster with what i'm expecting from it.
__________________

facebook.com/jmeasphotography | jmeas.4ormat.com | IG: jmeasphotography
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2012, 08:25 PM   #64
Blackbird
Private
Blackbird's Avatar
United_States
1
Rep
54
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 E90 Graphite Metallic
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: near Seattle, WA

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2007 E90  [0.00]
Anyone getting rid of a JB4? Keep talking myself into it and out of it over and over again.
__________________
'07 Graphite E90 | SSTT v.1 | Sprint Booster | Blacklines | PIAA Halos

Appreciate 0
      01-04-2012, 12:18 AM   #65
jonnylin1
Lieutenant Colonel
34
Rep
1,694
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 AW e92 335i
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: PNW

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmeas View Post
hey johnny, haven't kept up with your cars lately, but you're driving a 335 now? does it have the quad exhaust on it?
just the dual, idk if i will go quad haha.

You had the red 3g didnt you?? i remember that name but can remember from where!
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2012, 09:26 PM   #66
qclik
Captain
qclik's Avatar
Hong Kong
8
Rep
702
Posts

 
Drives: e92
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: seattle

iTrader: (20)

feeler:
Vishnu procede v4 not vin locked: 450
vanguard v2 less than 4k miles: 1100
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:34 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST