E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > 335i PERFORMANCE DRILLED SLOTTED BRAKE ROTORS PADS AND SENSORS | eBay

12-02-2011, 10:10 PM   #23
3s4u2
Beamer Mantic

Drives: 2006 325i Prem

Try Tuner Motorsports, good prices and great quality. Tunner Motorsports

3s4u2 is online now   United_States
      12-02-2011, 10:51 PM   #24
bfoolish1339
Private First Class

Drives: 335i Alpine White

my 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDiCandido View Post
Here's my 2-cents on the subject. I'd never knowingly put cheap Chinese-made parts on any of my cars. The Chinese have proven that they can't make small appliances, pet food, toothpaste, or even children's toys correctly, so why would anyone trust them to make one of the most important components on a car correctly? Especially the brakes on a performance car like a BMW. I also don't like the thought of sending American dollars (and jobs) to communist China in order to "save" a few dollars on shoddy, unreliable products that wear out, break and need to be replaced much sooner than higher quality American, European or Japanese products. It's been my experience that you usually get what you pay for and buying cheap, shoddy Chinese-made brakes will almost certainly end up costing you more in the long run...

I'm just saying... where do you think parts for your flat screen, ipod, droid, blue ray player, laptop, ipad, mouse, light bulbs..... motorcycle and car parts, wonton soup, spring rolls, suduko, playstation, levi's and the professional head unit in your BMW came from? Exactly.

Buying non-domestic products help Ameri-cans too. When you buy that Chinese television you help the salesman, store owner, delivery driver, warehouse workers, call center workers, midshipman, etc.

I'm with you on the All ally soup but comeawn, crewdogs are smarter than that

With all that said, you get what you pay for... no mater who makes it.

Just wanted to add fuel to the fire.
bfoolish1339 is offline   United_States
      12-03-2011, 01:33 AM   #25
Turkeybaster115
Banned

Drives: 335I

Quote:
Reading comprehension grade: F. No countries were "judged", just the quality of their consumer products.
The bad products when taken as a whole represents such a mathematically minute amount, it's not even funny. And at least they made something, your country in comparison, slowly stopped doing that like over 40 years ago. Oh wait, we are a "financial services, economy" You judged, china, by using the words: "communist" to describe them. You purposefully brought politics into the discussion, and from your tone, your prejudice/envy against them is crystal clear. BTW, I bet you anything, that you don't even have a clue what communism even means.

Quote:
Math grade: F. America + Japan + Europe (consisting of 50 independent countries) = 52 countries that I suggested produce superior products to China; not “one [country] that is only 400 years old”.
It's beyond silly to compare one country to 2 continents + 1 country. But, if you want to go there, we can.

PAINFUL FACT: China owns more land in japan, than the Japanese themselves do.

FACT: The USA, Canada, and Europe, currently owe a combined 4 trillion+ to china, with absolutely, no means of paying it back. The only country in all of america + europe that has a half way decent economy in terms of growth, is Germany, and they've been downgraded for next year. Oh, and they got some growth by selling BMW's and Audi's to who?

Quote:
History grade: F. Chinese, Japanese, European and ancient Native American cultures all began developing at around the same time period after the last Ice Age (much longer than "400 years" ago).
Native American's came from Tibet, which at the time wasn't called Tibet, but was actually Northern C____ Your country, the one that gave you the internet, but one of the worst and most pathetic educations in the whole world is only 400 years old. So please stop barking up the wrong oak trees.
      12-03-2011, 09:34 AM   #26
korr
Captain

Drives: 2011 E90 335i M-Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Here's my 2-cents on the subject. I'd never knowingly put cheap Chinese-made parts on any of my cars. The Chinese have proven that they can't make small appliances, pet food, toothpaste, or even children's toys correctly, so why would anyone trust them to make one of the most important components on a car correctly? Especially the brakes on a performance car like a BMW. I also don't like the thought of sending American dollars (and jobs) to communist China in order to "save" a few dollars on shoddy, unreliable products that wear out, break and need to be replaced much sooner than higher quality American, European or Japanese products. It's been my experience that you usually get what you pay for and buying cheap, shoddy Chinese-made brakes will almost certainly end up costing you more in the long run...
well communist china is the biggest foreign creditor to the US, and if communist china stop buying US Debt lol yea, so right, you dont like the idea of sending dollars and jobs to communist china in order to save a few bucks lol? Maybe shoulda asked Japan and Europe to buy the US debt and help out the economy instead of China since they make higher quality products than china, oh wait their economy is fucked too huh?

korr is offline   Kazakhstan
      12-03-2011, 11:15 AM   #27
BEAR-AvHistory
2014 435M-Sport/MPPK

Drives: 2014 435M-Sport MPPK

I have any number of Chinese made products that I am very happy with & would buy again including car parts. That being said heavy iron/steel parts like brake discs are not something they are known for quality wise. Most anything on your car breaks you just get pissed off...brake failure can get you killed.

That being said my 335 is still under warranty but I use after market brakes on my 93K+ mile 330ci. I just check for the country of origin & pay a little more.

2014 435M-Sport MPPK - 2013 135is Cab 6MT - 2009 V-Star - 2009 Ford Expedition EL 4X4 - 2003 Xterra 4X4 - 1998 Ranger 4X4 - FFR Cobra MK-IV work in progress
      12-03-2011, 03:14 PM   #28
gizmo335i
Colonel

Drives: 08 JB E92 335i 6MT

Garage List
2008 E92 335i  [4.73]
These threads get funny when we start arguing about politics/countries/etc. People get so heated about it.

OP, don't buy rotors/pads for your BMW from ebay....get them from a reputable place recommended on here....you won't be sorry.
      12-07-2011, 09:13 PM   #29
Afufoo11
Banned

Drives: 2009 e92

lol pretty much 90% of wheels are made in China now :P
      12-15-2011, 09:25 PM   #30
Lulz_M3
Banned

Drives: AW 335i 6MT

[quote=Turkeybaster115;10910431]
Quote:
Reading comprehension grade: F. No countries were "judged", just the quality of their consumer products.
The bad products when taken as a whole represents such a mathematically minute amount, it's not even funny. And at least they made something, your country in comparison, slowly stopped doing that like over 40 years ago. Oh wait, we are a "financial services, economy" You judged, china, by using the words: "communist" to describe them. You purposefully brought politics into the discussion, and from your tone, your prejudice/envy against them is crystal clear. BTW, I bet you anything, that you don't even have a clue what communism even means.

[quote=TJDiCandido;10905081]Math grade: F. America Japan Europe (consisting of 50 independent countries) = 52 countries that I suggested produce superior products to China; not
Lulz_M3 is offline   United_States