E90Post

Bimmer Retrofit

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Unusual glass lid issue E91 LCI

06-14-2017, 02:24 AM   #1
84jr0
Registered
Sweden
Rep
Drives: E91 LCI

Unusual glass lid issue E91 LCI

Yet another glass lid issue but this one is pretty unusual since the guys at BMW shop were wondering what could cause this.

The glass lid keeps popping up usally when unlocking the car but sometimes even when the car is unlocked I can't open neither glass lid or boot and it works every time using remote control. Once I open the boot using remote and close it the glass lid keeps poping up until I lock the car and finally close the lid. When I open the lid and press microswitch the lock will unlock every time.

I have replaced both microswitches, the one on boot and glass lid. Cable harness looks fine since everything else is working just fine, like lights, rear wiper and so on, it is just the glass lid that I have problems with.

I found a workaround and that is to turn the rear wiper to the opposite side and then I'm not facing any of this strange behaviour, but when using rear wiper the engine will pick up the wiper and return the wiper.

I have a youtube video showing this issue [Sorry, YouTube cuts off edges of the clipp] and how a workaround but I want it fixed:

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0