E90Post
 


N54Tuning.com
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > My car is F*CKED (video included)



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-05-2011, 08:21 AM   #1
BMWLove86
Second Lieutenant
United_States
27

 
BMWLove86's Avatar
 
Drives: Alpine White BMW 335i Coupe
Join Date: May 2011
Location: CHICAGO, IL


Posts: 298
iTrader: (2)

My car is F*CKED (video included)

I'm having all sorts or problems.
1. There is vibration and clunking sound coming for the area where the shifter is (transmission). If I put my elbow on the arm rest I can feel the vibration.

2. My rear wheels vibrate when pulling off from a dead stop after that no vibration. (If I do a slow roll off from dead stop there is less vibration).

3. Seems that there is also a noise just behind the driver and passenger seat right in the middle of the car something with the drive shaft i'm sure.

History: About 5-6 months ago I was involved in an accident, the driver side rear wheel was hit on curve as the car swereved and was bent inwards, the rear subframe was replaced and some control arms. Since then my car has never been the same. I just want to know how much this is likely to cost me before heading over to BMW. I'm also out of warrenty.

Video:
__________________

Alpine White BMW 335i coupe (sports package)/M3 Rear spoiler/M3 Side Skirts/M-tech front bumper/Mtech Rear Bumper/Eisenhaus Meisterschaft Race Exhaust

Last edited by BMWLove86; 01-04-2012 at 02:57 AM.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2011, 08:33 AM   #2
Spool
******
Vietnam
255

 
Spool's Avatar
 
Drives: A few
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: DC Metro


Posts: 6,164
iTrader: (24)

Most cars after an accident will never run right, there will always be rattles and noises and other odd anomalies...i'd sell it and pass your trouble on to someone else...haha bad advice sorry
__________________


MKIV 6spd 1000hp Club
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2011, 08:50 AM   #3
achien
AC
Canada
56

 
Drives: E90 Post Members Crazy
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Toronto, Canada


Posts: 2,378
iTrader: (0)

+1, it will never be the same. in your case, it is even worse since your accident involves damage to one of the drivetrain components.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spool View Post
Most cars after an accident will never run right, there will always be rattles and noises and other odd anomalies...i'd sell it and pass your trouble on to someone else...haha bad advice sorry
__________________
Your Supreme Leader
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2011, 08:59 AM   #4
mashimarho
BMW Genius
United_States
328

 
mashimarho's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 LCI 335i xDrive™
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Grand Rapids, michigan


Posts: 10,331
iTrader: (36)

Garage List
Such a nice car too...
__________________

My Progress: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=770326
Volk///ER///BMS///KW///VRSF///ARKYM///DD///CYBA///STOPTECH///BMW Performance ///
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2011, 09:23 AM   #5
BMWLove86
Second Lieutenant
United_States
27

 
BMWLove86's Avatar
 
Drives: Alpine White BMW 335i Coupe
Join Date: May 2011
Location: CHICAGO, IL


Posts: 298
iTrader: (2)

I'm going to upload a video. I think it can be fixed just for how much is the thing
__________________

Alpine White BMW 335i coupe (sports package)/M3 Rear spoiler/M3 Side Skirts/M-tech front bumper/Mtech Rear Bumper/Eisenhaus Meisterschaft Race Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2011, 09:29 AM   #6
BMWLove86
Second Lieutenant
United_States
27

 
BMWLove86's Avatar
 
Drives: Alpine White BMW 335i Coupe
Join Date: May 2011
Location: CHICAGO, IL


Posts: 298
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spool View Post
Most cars after an accident will never run right, there will always be rattles and noises and other odd anomalies...i'd sell it and pass your trouble on to someone else...haha bad advice sorry
sell.. thats definately out of the question this is my first car I've only had it since March this year, and I love it. I've put in a good deal of mods and still have things to do. The problems aren't major, I don't have an issues shifting gears just the sounds, noise and vibrations, DTC button doesn't work and ABS light on all day and night lol
__________________

Alpine White BMW 335i coupe (sports package)/M3 Rear spoiler/M3 Side Skirts/M-tech front bumper/Mtech Rear Bumper/Eisenhaus Meisterschaft Race Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2011, 10:11 AM   #7
bmodzelewski
Second Lieutenant
6

 
Drives: 07 335i
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Baltimore


Posts: 216
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWLove86 View Post
sell.. thats definately out of the question this is my first car I've only had it since March this year, and I love it. I've put in a good deal of mods and still have things to do. The problems aren't major, I don't have an issues shifting gears just the sounds, noise and vibrations, DTC button doesn't work and ABS light on all day and night lol
sounds like it wasnt fixed properly to begin with.. where did you take it?
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2011, 10:17 AM   #8
domrep
Captain
Canada
35

 
domrep's Avatar
 
Drives: AW E93 335i
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Toronto


Posts: 973
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmodzelewski View Post
sounds like it wasnt fixed properly to begin with.. where did you take it?
^this.

why wouldnt you go back tot he shop and get them to do it right...agreed it will never be the same, but abs lights on all the time, constant vibrations is not the norm for a fixed vehicle.
__________________
2007 AW E93 / Procede V5 / BMS DCI / AR Catted DPs / AR OCC / ER Oil Cooler / AMS FMIC / ER CP + Synapse BOV / Vanguard Exhaust / KW V3 / Wavetrac LSD / 19" BBS LMs
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2011, 10:23 AM   #9
BMWLove86
Second Lieutenant
United_States
27

 
BMWLove86's Avatar
 
Drives: Alpine White BMW 335i Coupe
Join Date: May 2011
Location: CHICAGO, IL


Posts: 298
iTrader: (2)

the car was towed to a marathon and that is where it was" fixed." That mistake has already been made It was covered by my insurance as well

Last edited by BMWLove86; 12-05-2011 at 10:53 AM.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2011, 10:32 AM   #10
bmodzelewski
Second Lieutenant
6

 
Drives: 07 335i
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Baltimore


Posts: 216
iTrader: (2)

did you take the car back from the shop with the lights still on?

even though it has been a few months since the accident it could still be on the insurance co to fix the issues.. esp if they were not fixed right the first time... raise hell
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2011, 12:52 PM   #11
BMWLove86
Second Lieutenant
United_States
27

 
BMWLove86's Avatar
 
Drives: Alpine White BMW 335i Coupe
Join Date: May 2011
Location: CHICAGO, IL


Posts: 298
iTrader: (2)

Video of the issues:
__________________

Alpine White BMW 335i coupe (sports package)/M3 Rear spoiler/M3 Side Skirts/M-tech front bumper/Mtech Rear Bumper/Eisenhaus Meisterschaft Race Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2011, 01:17 PM   #12
JBE90335
Captain
23

 
Drives: 2007 E90 335i
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Dallas, TX


Posts: 647
iTrader: (0)

you have no ABS and the traction control is constantly off which is why the DTC doesn't work. My car did this after a similar incident but I told the dealer that it just randomly started doing it and the covered it under CPO warranty. Until you get it fixed you'll have traction issues so be careful!
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2011, 01:29 PM   #13
Elliott@DetailAddict
Brigadier General
United_States
101

 
Drives: E90
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Santa Clara, CA


Posts: 4,448
iTrader: (0)

Have the wheels been replaced. First off I bet your wheels are bent. fix that then continue on to your ABS issues.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2011, 01:38 PM   #14
Ron1n
Speed Demon
United_States
73

 
Ron1n's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 335d E90
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: The 858


Posts: 3,248
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2010 335d  [5.00]
How is your car out of warranty at 37000 miles?
__________________
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2011, 01:42 PM   #15
335BBS
Brigadier General
Canada
50

 
Drives: 2009 335 coupe.
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Toronto, Ontario


Posts: 3,607
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by domrep View Post
^this.

why wouldnt you go back tot he shop and get them to do it right...agreed it will never be the same, but abs lights on all the time, constant vibrations is not the norm for a fixed vehicle.
Thats what I'd do too. I certainly wouldnt drive it any more.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2011, 02:13 PM   #16
v-tec this
Private First Class
2

 
Drives: 2008 e92 335i AW
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: LAX- SoCal


Posts: 172
iTrader: (10)

drive shaft noise is most likely from your center support bushing going bad. had the same problem. also get 4 wheel alignment done. that could help get rid of the abs and traction control lights. i had the same problem as you. if you need any advice you can call or txt me at 310-703-8484 mike.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2011, 02:24 PM   #17
cssnms
Brigadier General
United_States
145

 
cssnms's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 BMW 335d
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Murland


Posts: 3,180
iTrader: (4)

Okay a couple of questions....

1) Why on earth did you take the car home like that? Even if the lights were intially off certainly the driving issues were present? Your insurance company would not have paid them until you were satisfied.

2) Why on earth did you wait 5 - 6 months to finally decide it was time to address the issues? Because of this I think you are SOL with regard to getting the place that originally repaired it to fix it.

It's also hard to tell how much it is going to cost you in the end to get everything fixed without knowing what is wrong.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2011, 03:02 PM   #18
BMWLove86
Second Lieutenant
United_States
27

 
BMWLove86's Avatar
 
Drives: Alpine White BMW 335i Coupe
Join Date: May 2011
Location: CHICAGO, IL


Posts: 298
iTrader: (2)

only the wheel that was hit was changed it was a voilent crash and I suspect at least 1 other wheel was damaged some how, an alignment was done as everything was supposedly alright.
__________________

Alpine White BMW 335i coupe (sports package)/M3 Rear spoiler/M3 Side Skirts/M-tech front bumper/Mtech Rear Bumper/Eisenhaus Meisterschaft Race Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2011, 03:07 PM   #19
e90328i
Banned
29

 
Drives: 07 E90 335i
Join Date: May 2011
Location: socal


Posts: 387
iTrader: (4)

had the same icons on dash when my wheel speed sensor was damaged(replaced under warranty), as for the noise no idea...
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2011, 03:29 PM   #20
ES_TRADER
Colonel
121

 
Drives: 328i, 335i, M3, 535i, X5, 36M
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: OC


Posts: 2,626
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2014 Ford Raptor  [0.00]
2012 328i E92  [5.00]
2013 X5  [0.00]
2013 335i F30  [4.00]
1990 Toyota Previa  [0.00]
1997 E36 M3  [5.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
2011 535i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by achien View Post
+1, it will never be the same. in your case, it is even worse since your accident involves damage to one of the drivetrain components.
this is not true. OP's car wasnt fixed properly. I thought the same until i was put in that very situation.

Did you go to an official BMW collision center? or JoSchmo down the street?

my 328i was T-boned in the passenger rear quarter panel 1000 miles on it brand new. airbags deployed, Took out the wheel and axle and pushed the wheel inwards just like yours. rear suspension gone. Diff, gone, There was 20k worth of damage. Car went in the shop for 2 months, came out FLAWLESS. just like new.

No rattles, squeaks, creaks, and funny noises....the car drives, feels, and looks brand new as it should be. BMW replaced everything, parts and panels with brand new parts and welded everything almost as good as the robots..the rivets were actually stronger than factory....car still remains under warranty...i have pics of the entire process it was amazing work.

IN FACT, my M3 and 335 (no accidents, also brand new) rattle and make far more funny noises than my almost totalled 328 does...which is fucking ridiculous.

my advice to u is to take it back to wherever u got it fixed and have them fix it right...all shops, regardless of bmw approved or not should have some kind of warranty for the work they perform. Im sure they billed ur insurance cos a shitload so go back and fight for it.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2011, 04:54 PM   #21
ndog14
Banned
United_States
38

 
Drives: E90 328xi 6MT
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA


Posts: 1,746
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
this is not true. OP's car wasnt fixed properly. I thought the same until i was put in that very situation.

Did you go to an official BMW collision center? or JoSchmo down the street?

my 328i was T-boned in the passenger rear quarter panel 1000 miles on it brand new. airbags deployed, Took out the wheel and axle and pushed the wheel inwards just like yours. rear suspension gone. Diff, gone, There was 20k worth of damage. Car went in the shop for 2 months, came out FLAWLESS. just like new.

No rattles, squeaks, creaks, and funny noises....the car drives, feels, and looks brand new as it should be. BMW replaced everything, parts and panels with brand new parts and welded everything almost as good as the robots..the rivets were actually stronger than factory....car still remains under warranty...i have pics of the entire process it was amazing work.

IN FACT, my M3 and 335 (no accidents, also brand new) rattle and make far more funny noises than my almost totalled 328 does...which is fucking ridiculous.

my advice to u is to take it back to wherever u got it fixed and have them fix it right...all shops, regardless of bmw approved or not should have some kind of warranty for the work they perform. Im sure they billed ur insurance cos a shitload so go back and fight for it.
I believe most shops "warranty" their work for 1 year. Before going to them, call your insurance agent to let him know that they work they payed for is not right.

Quote:
Most cars after an accident will never run right, there will always be rattles and noises and other odd anomalies...i'd sell it and pass your trouble on to someone else...haha bad advice sorry
+1

I'm sorry. That red leather is so beautiful
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2011, 09:44 AM   #22
Taipei-TT
Captain
19

 
Drives: 2014 X3 2.0D
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Canadian in Taipei


Posts: 642
iTrader: (0)

OP...feel for you. I might edit the reference at the beginning of the video where you talk about events leading to the situation you now find yourself.

Hope you get it worked out. Glad you love your car and want to get it fixed right! Maybe post in your local forum too to see if anyone there knows someone local who has the skills to help you out.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:55 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST