E90Post
 


Horizon LED
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > New here - future BMW 320d or 320I - seeking advice



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-10-2011, 09:46 AM   #45
kaitan
Major
kaitan's Avatar
20
Rep
1,381
Posts

 
Drives: Bus 11 AKA walking
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: sydney, australia

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by playwithonehand View Post
LOL just wanna find out if its worth $200



No worries will let you know.



Maybe u can tag alone too and give us your 2cents on so called con box

We can meet up tmr !!
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2011, 04:12 AM   #46
hawk77
New Member
1
Rep
15
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 320`
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

Ok, so as i mentiond before i had a go in the 320i...gutless POS...I had to rev the s*it out of the engine so i can get some oomph...so i in one word i was dissapointed. I might start to consider the 320d path...sounds like good fun and plus i might get used with the paddle shift box.
i am in Brisbane but i might have a work meeting up in Sydney sometimes next year.
How much was the chip? And how is the fuel consumption? Is it worth installing some extra little goodies too? exhaust, intake blah blah? i mean, did you get that power only from the chip or you got some extra stuff in it? Yours is a paddle shift? keep in touch.

Thanks for your advices so far...keep them comming.

Lexus is250 would be more money to own - bigger engine, higher rego, poor fuel economy...etc. A nice car nevertheless.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2011, 04:54 AM   #47
sbce90
Me Boosta
sbce90's Avatar
Australia
81
Rep
5,559
Posts

 
Drives: 320i / MB C63 / VW up!
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Sydney, Australia

iTrader: (3)

playwithonehand maths

- stock 320d = 300rwkw
- chip + 100rwkw
- intake +45rwkw
- MD +30kw
- paddles + 25rwkw
- Johnnys /// tri-colour grills + 10rwkw
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2011, 05:35 AM   #48
Rivenscyr
Captain
Australia
13
Rep
959
Posts

 
Drives: muzza-tastic cruiser
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: george st

iTrader: (0)

SBC driving daves 320d = launches better, faster in straight line
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2011, 05:47 AM   #49
QLD
Captain
QLD's Avatar
16
Rep
899
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 LCI E92 - Mineral White
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: ...

iTrader: (0)

^^^^^^^^^^ SBC re PWOH =
__________________
.
.



..sweet torquin' diesel!
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2011, 08:47 AM   #50
playwithonehand
First Lieutenant
playwithonehand's Avatar
Australia
8
Rep
387
Posts

 
Drives: Attention seeker
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Sydney

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2009 BMW 320d  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk77 View Post
How much was the chip? And how is the fuel consumption? Is it worth installing some extra little goodies too? exhaust, intake blah blah? i mean, did you get that power only from the chip or you got some extra stuff in it? Yours is a paddle shift? keep in touch.

Lexus is250 would be more money to own - bigger engine, higher rego, poor fuel economy...etc. A nice car nevertheless.
You lazy bugger, i ve said the same thing over 100 times and already annoyed the hell out of most petrol owners.

Superchip $1k, DTUK tuning box $500? both can get under 7sec 0-100.
Fuel stays the same depends on your driving. I still can get 650km(8L/100k) out a tank with 50% driving hard. Slow ass driving can get 800km(6.8L/100k) per tank all in city driving.

Intakes makes a nice whistling sound and slightly louder engine can't felt any diff but muffler delete to me was butt dyno increase as in easier to achieve red line.

Paddle shift was installed by BMR Autowerkes and totally change the way i drive. Absolutely love it!

Don't be fooled by Lexus's IS250's "153kw"..... does 0-100 in 8.3sec which is slower than my stock 130kw - 8sec flat.
I like to measure cars with 0-100 as kw/hp can be miss leading as diesel generally have 100+ torque than similar petrol cars.



Quote:
Originally Posted by SBC View Post
playwithonehand maths

- stock 320d = 300rwkw
- chip + 100rwkw
- intake +45rwkw
- MD +30kw
- paddles + 25rwkw
- Johnnys /// tri-colour grills + 10rwkw
... more like 100rkw for tri-colour grills
Also ditching the run flat is +10 to all the above!
__________________
Now driving a 680nm Bus "SOLD"-09LCI-E90-320D-Black Sapphire Metallic - 35% tint - Superchip - OEM 189 wheel - City Vision Angel Eye - Matt Black Grill - K&N 57i Air Intake - XForce exhaust tip with Muffler delete - Eibach pro kit & Msport steering wheel with paddle shift retrofit, Yellow caliper BIG Thanks to bmroxm5 - Koni Yellow + e36 M3 Front bump stop/M-sport rear bump stop -Hankook V12
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2011, 02:19 PM   #51
pcockley
Banned
21
Rep
1,732
Posts

 
Drives: 335
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: sydney

iTrader: (1)

To be honest the op is starting to sound like a tight arse pest? All this talk of Lexus dearer rego etc, dude you want cheap buy a poob, you want a dynamic driving machine stop counting the pennies and buy a bmw
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2011, 04:10 PM   #52
kaitan
Major
kaitan's Avatar
20
Rep
1,381
Posts

 
Drives: Bus 11 AKA walking
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: sydney, australia

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcockley View Post
To be honest the op is starting to sound like a tight arse pest? All this talk of Lexus dearer rego etc, dude you want cheap buy a poob, you want a dynamic driving machine stop counting the pennies and buy a bmw
I Liked
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2011, 05:40 PM   #53
pcockley
Banned
21
Rep
1,732
Posts

 
Drives: 335
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: sydney

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by playwithonehand View Post
more like 100rkw for tri-colour grills
Hey PWOH what sort of rkw can I expect from black grills, GLOSS black not the passe matte ones that the boy racers put on the GLOSS black
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2011, 06:51 PM   #54
hawk77
New Member
1
Rep
15
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 320`
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcockley View Post
To be honest the op is starting to sound like a tight arse pest? All this talk of Lexus dearer rego etc, dude you want cheap buy a poob, you want a dynamic driving machine stop counting the pennies and buy a bmw
LOL...I am not a tight arse mate, and I am not counting the pennies. This is called the decission making process and I am being considerate about the money i spend. You call it tight arse, I call it smart with money. Wh ydo you negotiate a price for anything? Are you being a tight one piece of arse? Or just because you just don't want to pay that muhc? Why are we all here? Why do we ask advice when we can all go and have BMW or other garage charge you just to look at the car? Should we say the same thing to the average BMW owner asking advice here? "Oh mate, dont be a tight arse and pay the money to a garage to change you light bulb? You own a BMW" Yes, I can go out there and splash the money on a M3 but how is that going to help me on the long run when i can just invest it in a asset that gains value? Just because I am driving the ultimate driving machine doesnt make me any richer...or smarter. Why would i spend my money on petrol or rego, put more than its needed money that I make in someone elses pockets? Yes, I want the best of both worlds: power and cheap petrol/diesel, good looks...who doesn't? Hence the mods that you can make to have a faster car...right? If I wanted to get only power I would've got a Falcon or commodore piece of cr*p, and scratch my privates every 3 minutes. But I am not even considering it...both of them. Like many of us here, we all have decent jobs and run businesses and all. I am not trying to pose as something I am not. i love BMW's because I like the way they drive (from the old E21, E30 up to E90...which I drove the other day) the way they look (in most cases) and their filosophy in building a car. Fortunately enough they are NOT the only ones. At the end of the day is just a CAR.
You on the other hand my friend, with all due respect sound a bit like a tunnel vision tosser that uses the car as a reflection of their status (financial, social, etc) that (maybe) thinks BMW is the best car on the road at the moment.
I came here to ask for advice and help (when i will have my turn) other respected members of this forum. And, I was surprised by all of it...and from all the read I did here plenty of you get that support when needed and I really appreciate it.
But hey, thanks for your comment and support.

Mercer

Last edited by hawk77; 12-11-2011 at 07:12 PM.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2011, 07:09 PM   #55
hawk77
New Member
1
Rep
15
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 320`
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by playwithonehand View Post
You lazy bugger, i ve said the same thing over 100 times and already annoyed the hell out of most petrol owners.

Superchip $1k, DTUK tuning box $500? both can get under 7sec 0-100.
Fuel stays the same depends on your driving. I still can get 650km(8L/100k) out a tank with 50% driving hard. Slow ass driving can get 800km(6.8L/100k) per tank all in city driving.

Intakes makes a nice whistling sound and slightly louder engine can't felt any diff but muffler delete to me was butt dyno increase as in easier to achieve red line.

Paddle shift was installed by BMR Autowerkes and totally change the way i drive. Absolutely love it!

Don't be fooled by Lexus's IS250's "153kw"..... does 0-100 in 8.3sec which is slower than my stock 130kw - 8sec flat.
I like to measure cars with 0-100 as kw/hp can be miss leading as diesel generally have 100+ torque than similar petrol cars.





... more like 100rkw for tri-colour grills
Also ditching the run flat is +10 to all the above!
Wow +100rkw just forthe grills. If thats the case I will start wearing them on my chest.
All up 1500 to get that power...seems like a good investment. How much did the paddle shift set you back mate? Seems like an awesome idea. I mean I'd preffer the paddle shift than the normal auto box.
The fuel efficiency seems more than ok. I am leaning towards the 320d more and more.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2011, 07:11 PM   #56
pcockley
Banned
21
Rep
1,732
Posts

 
Drives: 335
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: sydney

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk77 View Post
LOL...I am not a tight arse mate, and I am not counting the pennies.
If you say so, for my .02 Sounds like you are lookign for the poverty pack
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2011, 07:17 PM   #57
suff
On the hunt for PSI
Australia
14
Rep
759
Posts

 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Perth, WA

iTrader: (0)

buy a 335i and be done with it
__________________
2012 Audi Q7 3.0TFSI - Mineral White

2010 M3 E90 - Alpine White
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2011, 07:17 PM   #58
suff
On the hunt for PSI
Australia
14
Rep
759
Posts

 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Perth, WA

iTrader: (0)

or 335d (imported)
__________________
2012 Audi Q7 3.0TFSI - Mineral White

2010 M3 E90 - Alpine White
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2011, 07:24 PM   #59
hawk77
New Member
1
Rep
15
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 320`
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcockley View Post
If you say so, for my .02 Sounds like you are lookign for the poverty pack
read the last bit again mate: "tunnel vision tosser that uses the car as a reflection of their status (financial, social, etc)". If you dont know what that means, google it under "superiority complex".

Thanks for your "valuable" input.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2011, 07:30 PM   #60
hawk77
New Member
1
Rep
15
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 320`
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by suff View Post
buy a 335i and be done with it
335I...yummy. But not now! I need the money for another means.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2011, 07:33 PM   #61
pcockley
Banned
21
Rep
1,732
Posts

 
Drives: 335
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: sydney

iTrader: (1)

Mr Hawk, if what you say is correct you seem rather defensive and protest a little too much...

But that being said I will leave your thread alone, I think the other chaps have given you all the info you need.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2011, 07:44 PM   #62
hawk77
New Member
1
Rep
15
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 320`
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcockley View Post
Mr Hawk, if what you say is correct you seem rather defensive and protest a little too much...

But that being said I will leave your thread alone, I think the other chaps have given you all the info you need.
Pheww thanks!
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2011, 08:04 PM   #63
Chris.G
Banned
Chris.G's Avatar
Australia
44
Rep
3,122
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 LCI MSPORT X5 30d
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sydney, Australia

iTrader: (0)

NAH BRAH! I'd get an IS250 and eat 320's for breaky. On the plus you save money to buy an AK-47 with all attachments to take down Pcock while he's riding his Harley.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2011, 08:18 PM   #64
RaihaX
Major General
RaihaX's Avatar
Australia
65
Rep
5,029
Posts

 
Drives: 08' 135i
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Australia, Perth

iTrader: (2)

I would say get E46 330i if you are tight for money - why go for a gutless 320i!
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2011, 08:55 PM   #65
playwithonehand
First Lieutenant
playwithonehand's Avatar
Australia
8
Rep
387
Posts

 
Drives: Attention seeker
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Sydney

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2009 BMW 320d  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris.G View Post
NAH BRAH! I'd get an IS250 and eat 320's for breaky. On the plus you save money to buy an AK-47 with all attachments to take down Pcock while he's riding his Harley.
LOL, too much GTA bro.
Do you roll with the third stree Saints?


Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk77 View Post
All up 1500 to get that power...seems like a good investment. How much did the paddle shift set you back mate? Seems like an awesome idea. I mean I'd preffer the paddle shift than the normal auto box.
The fuel efficiency seems more than ok. I am leaning towards the 320d more and more.
Superchip or DTUK is two different product that produces similar result.
So say DTUK $500 will be do +40hp/100nm.

There is a m3 paddle shift wheel for sell.
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=574882

Like everyone else was saying, e90 325i/320d or e46 330ci.

In my opinion 320d is the best bang for bucks and fit perfectly with a cheapo like me.
__________________
Now driving a 680nm Bus "SOLD"-09LCI-E90-320D-Black Sapphire Metallic - 35% tint - Superchip - OEM 189 wheel - City Vision Angel Eye - Matt Black Grill - K&N 57i Air Intake - XForce exhaust tip with Muffler delete - Eibach pro kit & Msport steering wheel with paddle shift retrofit, Yellow caliper BIG Thanks to bmroxm5 - Koni Yellow + e36 M3 Front bump stop/M-sport rear bump stop -Hankook V12
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2011, 09:35 PM   #66
hawk77
New Member
1
Rep
15
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 320`
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris.G View Post
NAH BRAH! I'd get an IS250 and eat 320's for breaky. On the plus you save money to buy an AK-47 with all attachments to take down Pcock while he's riding his Harley.


Nah AK47 is too ugly..I would do it in style, Desert Eagle or Magnum .44, asking the question that comes along with : Do you feel lucky?
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:14 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST