E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > BC Racing For E93

12-09-2011, 04:02 AM   #1
E93Wil

Drives: E93 325i

BC Racing For E93

So i just installed a set of BC Coilover for my E93. First impression, Nice, Second impression. Nice . Third Impression. They are okay. And still now my impression is OKAy. i guess it goes in balance with the price i paid for it.
I own these for a month

So the details:
I bought a generic set made for the e90,92,93
Spring rates are 7kg/m for the front and 11kg/m for the back
32 setting

The kit comes with everything. Adjustable camber top, sway bar end link and accessories.

For the first couple week, these coilover feels like im on rail on 15 click from soft. But now, it feels a little softer for my taste, Dont know if its the adapting to the suspension but something is not right.

Now im not here to judge. These are my first coilover set. i cant compare it to anything other out there. so i just dont know.

One question i have and reason for posting this thread is about the sway bar end link.

Staight out of the package i install the link. no adjustment made apart. its preadjusted from the factory. Now, should i have adjusted them? Do i need to adjust them? does a long sway bar end link produce negative effect or disable the function of sway bar link? Have i been running on straight coilover stiffness thus leading to premature softing?

Please.. for all with information, please chime in on what i should do, or what my options are...
      12-09-2011, 12:15 PM   #2
mike-y
just another bmw douche bag

Drives: 1.9L of fury

the sway bar link adjustments are so that when you lower the car, you can change the rotation/angle of the swaybar back to the stock position, it should not affect ride quality.

swaybar adjustment should be made with the suspension fully compressed (like it's on the ground driving) so that there is no tension on the bar when the car is at rest. if you don't have a lift, this might be difficult, but you can take off the wheels and place blocks/stands under the front suspension so you can let the suspension settle, and then adjust the swaybar links.

for suspension stiffness, you need to use the settings on your shocks/struts.
mike-y is offline   United_States
      12-12-2011, 03:37 PM   #3
Hybrid For Life
Banned

Drives: Out of Spec

Spring rates?

I'm in the market for bc coils ad have been emailing back and forth with bc about spring rates. Try didnt really recommended anything to me other than saying they can make me stiffer springs if I buy the coils through them free of charge. So my question to you is how stiff is the springs that shipped with the bc's?
Hybrid For Life is offline   Germany
      12-12-2011, 04:41 PM   #4
Hybrid For Life
Banned

Drives: Out of Spec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hybrid For Life View Post
I'm in the market for bc coils ad have been emailing back and forth with bc about spring rates. Try didnt really recommended anything to me other than saying they can make me stiffer springs if I buy the coils through them free of charge. So my question to you is how stiff is the springs that shipped with the bc's?
I plan on going low and want a stuff ride so I don't rub as much. Friend has them on his e30 ad ended up needing to get stiff springs due to, to much suspension movement causing tires to rub. Let me know. Thanks
Hybrid For Life is offline   Germany
      12-13-2011, 10:16 PM   #5
E93Wil

Drives: E93 325i

The set came with 7kg/m in the front and 11 kg/m in the back. This was the set that came out from the factory. First 2 week was superb. but now its a little softer for my taste.

If you want stiff, i think i would i ask them to go m3 spec and get 8 front and 12 back.

E90, 91, 92 ,93 is all interchangable according to the installer