E90Post
 


MINHS Auto Care Center
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > THE MOST RECKLESS BMW DEALERSHIP IN THE USA... and their lawyers..



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-02-2012, 10:31 PM   #111
nbkkvv5
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 09 E90 335i
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: SF Bay Area

Posts: 256
iTrader: (0)

OP:
Have you considered filing a complaint with NHTSA? If not, you should consider do so:
https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/index.cfm
nbkkvv5 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-03-2012, 12:16 AM   #112
TrueLove
New Member
 
Drives: 325i
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cape Cod, MA

Posts: 29
iTrader: (0)

Good luck!

Man i want to wish you good luck!...I hope that now i speak for all the members of this forum when i say that we are all supporting you on this one!...We should all re-post this on others forums, all social network sites(hopefully teach those MF-ers a lesson)....
TrueLove is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-03-2012, 12:29 AM   #113
blingman
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 3er
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Houston

Posts: 311
iTrader: (1)

suscribed...
blingman is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-03-2012, 02:38 AM   #114
mike3000fl
Eleven Bravo
 
mike3000fl's Avatar
 
Drives: 06 330i
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: ft bragg

Posts: 2,152
iTrader: (0)

saw this the other day where i live....

guy with a 2 by 4, and a big ass piece of cardboard with "do not buy a car from here" on the cardboard.

standing in front of the dealership entrance on a PUBLIC right of way (sidewalk) during rush hour when everyone is heading home.

let them lose a few sales.

i would imagine you have to word it right so that it isn't libel. truthful statements would be ok.
__________________
2006 330i - Jet Black - 19" E46 M3 wheels - HR Sport - 188,000 Miles...

mike3000fl is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-03-2012, 02:06 PM   #115
cptcrunch
Captain Crunch
 
cptcrunch's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 335D
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cincinnati

Posts: 289
iTrader: (0)

If the Penske GM has retained a lawyer, then he is expecting you to file a lawsuit against him and/or Penske. Granted if you do this, you could hurt their pocketbooks for a few hundred thousand dollars (depending on trial by jury or judge, and their estimate of Penske's fucktardedness to dollar ratio). But Penske is so large, I doubt it'll make a huge impact on their bottom line since every large corporation has a slush fund for lawsuits.

Instead, getting this story on every social media website, blog, major media outlets would really hurt them. If jalopnik/auto blog/etc publishes this story, Penske would really start feeling the pain. (Here is a short link you can give everyone or write on your portable billboard in front of their dealership: http://goo.gl/z1X71) Right now, its your word against theirs, with BMWNA in the middle and the rest of us (who do not live near this dealership) saying we'll never buy from them.

You are doing a great thing here by fighting this the way you are, in a calm and respective manner, so that Penske knows they can't continue to be irresponsible and operate an unethical business. Hopefully BMWNA will come down on them hard, but as we both know, BMW only makes money from each dealership it has.

As I mentioned with our PMs, call me anytime.
__________________
2011 335D Space Grey, Black Leather Interior, ZSP, ZPP, ZCW, 6FL, Satellite Radio, Nav, Base Audio
cptcrunch is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-03-2012, 02:51 PM   #116
Propagator
Captain
 
Drives: 2011 328i LMB 6MT
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: CA

Posts: 808
iTrader: (0)

I just want to express my support as well. You should do whatever it is necessary to resolve this issue to your satisfaction, and I don't think anyone will blame you if that includes a vow of silence. But as others have suggested, you could always try to generate negative publicity to make them pay for their irresponsible business practice as a last resort. Whatever happens, good luck to you, and keep us posted.
Propagator is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-03-2012, 02:54 PM   #117
Bargamon
Captain
 
Bargamon's Avatar
 
Drives: 07' e92 328i 6MT sport
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NorthCarolina

Posts: 949
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Oh and by the way, I contacted several reps for Penske who have been involved/following this and challenged them to get on a conference call with BMWNA and myself to go through the details of how this incident REALLY played out (so they can't feed BMWNA misleading info without me being there to correct it with proper credentials). So far, I've been ignored. For some reason I'm not surprised.
This is where you lost me.

We are also only getting one side of the story. The OP's!

Don't jump the shark. Keep the focus on the car and not the people.
Bargamon is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-03-2012, 04:08 PM   #118
rekordboxer
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Phoenix

Posts: 31
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bargamon View Post
This is where you lost me.

We are also only getting one side of the story. The OP's!

Don't jump the shark. Keep the focus on the car and not the people.
Yes, let's keep the focus on the car and not the people because it was the car that decided to not fix itself, it had nothing to do with the people at the dealership OP went to?

Last edited by rekordboxer; 01-03-2012 at 04:19 PM.
rekordboxer is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-03-2012, 10:26 PM   #119
DnA Diesel
Major
 
Drives: 09 335d Sport SGrey/Blk/Blk
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Kingston, Ontario, Canada

Posts: 1,101
iTrader: (0)

Arguru, did you file a complaint with the NHTSA yet? ( https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/ )


It would seem that the time for expecting the right thing to be done by the corporate world has passed. Good for you on taking a principled stand against an irresponsible vendor and the apparent lack of BMWNA to hold it to account.


Regards,
D.
__________________
2009 335d Sport - Space Grey, Gloss Black on Black Leather (pics)

DnA Diesel is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      01-03-2012, 10:41 PM   #120
GmoBmw
Captain
 
GmoBmw's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 335i
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: California

Posts: 645
iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arguru View Post
UPDATE:

As I stated in my last update, I spoke with the lead customer relations representative from BMWNA (Fran K.) just days before Christmas. She told me that everyone had left the office for an extended period of time due to the holiday and she was going to push the issue to the right people there and felt confident that after I had proven wrong the lies that Penske was telling them, she should be able to get everything taken care of. She asks that I lay low on the forums over the holidays as a consideration to her and as many of you can see, I obliged.

So finally after all that time goes by, I call her today and I get the same old song and dance "they said they're not going to do anything for you", "take it up with Penske", etc.

Finally I ask her: "is the fact that Penske mis-diagnosed my car and refused to take a further look upon my request something that you guys should be coming down on them for?" Her reply? "I can't comment on that".

I then ask her: "theoretically, let's say a dealership botched the diagnostic on a car, turned off the warning lights, and refused to take a better look upon a client's request.. and then a crucial power malfunction occurred. Would you say that that may be the fault of the dealer?". Her reply to that? "I'm afraid to answer that because of the fact that you've been posting everything that's gone on on that forum".

I proceed to tell her (respectfully) that this issue isn't going to go away just because BMW and Penske want this brushed under the rug. She tells me she'll call me today or tomorrow.. still waiting to hear back.

I call the people I've been dealing with at Penske and voicemail after voicemail. Emails continually go unanswered. They seem tone running off the assumption that if they just ignore the problem that it'll eventually go away.

It's my opinion that Penske KNOWS very well that they messed up big time. They all know I'm posting on here and informing everyone regularly and believe me, if even ONE comment I made on this public forum was untrue, they would have been in contact with me so quick threatening to sue me.

I'm sick of being ignored, especially over a safety issue such as this. At this point I'm asking all of my fellow members to post this on other forums and make others aware of this issue. I'm done playing nice and will be doing my part to make this an issue that not only hits the enthusiast circuit, but mainstream media as well. Enough is enough and I hope that you all will join in this fight to be heard with me.
We are with you man. Will repost links to this and let it spread like wild fire. Hope everything works out for you man!!!
__________________
2007 BMW 335I- JB4 G5,DCI,VRSF DPs,NT555r Drag Radials Daily Driver
GmoBmw is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-03-2012, 10:49 PM   #121
matrix76
Major
 
matrix76's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E90 328i xDrive Ex/Ps
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: The West Coast, BC

Posts: 1,300
iTrader: (1)

Started already, just load up all the local websites, word will travel fast

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/ctd/2782226101.html
__________________
Brian
Black Sapphire, Black w/Burrwood Trim & Shifter, 162's, Mtec H8 AE's, DS1 HID 6000K

matrix76 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      01-03-2012, 11:11 PM   #122
faisal233
New Member
 
Drives: 08 335xi
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Clarksville, TN

Posts: 24
iTrader: (0)

Wow, expected the crap response by the dealer, but from BMW also?
faisal233 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-03-2012, 11:41 PM   #123
dreamingat30fps
Captain
 
Drives: 2009 335i (RIP) - 2006 Z4MR
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Boynton Beach

Posts: 892
iTrader: (1)

The few times I've contacted BMWNA they seemed pretty useless to me. They didnt seem to have the power to do much of anything.

BMWNA:
"haaaaay guys... could you please take care of this customer?"

Dealer:
"No"

BMWNA:
"C'mon, guyyys pretty please"

Dealer:
"No"

BMWNA:
"Pretty please with a cherry on top?"

Dealer:
"No"

BMWNA:
"Ok "
dreamingat30fps is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-03-2012, 11:54 PM   #124
USC2000
Major
 
USC2000's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 328i M Sport
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: El Paso, TX

Posts: 1,189
iTrader: (10)

Hope this all works out for you.
__________________
2014 Alpine White 328i M Sport | M Performance Exhaust | M Performance Front Splitter | M Performance Carbon Fiber Spoiler | M Performance Grills | M Performance Pedals
USC2000 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-04-2012, 12:26 AM   #125
Robert
Major General
 
Drives: 135i, current is350
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Socal

Posts: 6,895
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arguru View Post
UPDATE:

As I stated in my last update, I spoke with the lead customer relations representative from BMWNA (Fran K.) just days before Christmas. She told me that everyone had left the office for an extended period of time due to the holiday and she was going to push the issue to the right people there and felt confident that after I had proven wrong the lies that Penske was telling them, she should be able to get everything taken care of. She asks that I lay low on the forums over the holidays as a consideration to her and as many of you can see, I obliged.

So finally after all that time goes by, I call her today and I get the same old song and dance "they said they're not going to do anything for you", "take it up with Penske", etc.

Finally I ask her: "is the fact that Penske mis-diagnosed my car and refused to take a further look upon my request something that you guys should be coming down on them for?" Her reply? "I can't comment on that".

I then ask her: "theoretically, let's say a dealership botched the diagnostic on a car, turned off the warning lights, and refused to take a better look upon a client's request.. and then a crucial power malfunction occurred. Would you say that that may be the fault of the dealer?". Her reply to that? "I'm afraid to answer that because of the fact that you've been posting everything that's gone on on that forum".

I proceed to tell her (respectfully) that this issue isn't going to go away just because BMW and Penske want this brushed under the rug. She tells me she'll call me today or tomorrow.. still waiting to hear back.

I call the people I've been dealing with at Penske and voicemail after voicemail. Emails continually go unanswered. They seem tone running off the assumption that if they just ignore the problem that it'll eventually go away.

It's my opinion that Penske KNOWS very well that they messed up big time. They all know I'm posting on here and informing everyone regularly and believe me, if even ONE comment I made on this public forum was untrue, they would have been in contact with me so quick threatening to sue me.

I'm sick of being ignored, especially over a safety issue such as this. At this point I'm asking all of my fellow members to post this on other forums and make others aware of this issue. I'm done playing nice and will be doing my part to make this an issue that not only hits the enthusiast circuit, but mainstream media as well. Enough is enough and I hope that you all will join in this fight to be heard with me.
Contact BBB
Share your story with Jalopnik, Autoblog, Reddit, make it go viral.
Consult lawyer to see if they are willing represent you compensated based on final judgement.
__________________
- There's nothing in my pocket other than knives and lint
Robert is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-04-2012, 12:38 AM   #126
Spoolin335
Justin Herass
 
Spoolin335's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Canada

Posts: 1,154
iTrader: (7)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [4.50]
Post this story on this BMW reddit forum http://www.reddit.com/r/BMW/ , hundreds of thousands of people on reddit. Wont take long for it to get massive publicity. Once Jalopnik picks it up expect it to get huge, you never know, maybe some news stations will grab it then.
__________________

Spoolin335 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      01-04-2012, 08:59 AM   #127
bigjoe87865
Registered
 
Drives: 540i
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: FL

Posts: 1
iTrader: (0)

Arguru, I came across this thread from other forums (spread like wildfire is working!)

I read almost everything from both threads and only have one thing to say. Stop being nice already. You have already showed way more patience than the average person regarding this situation. Yet still everyone wants to give you the shaft. Stop bending over and execute your threats already.

Let the lawyers take your case (as evil as they are) send your story out to the press. Just stop being nice already. They will take advantage of your kindness for as long as you give it out. To the very last drop.
bigjoe87865 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-04-2012, 10:24 AM   #128
dmist199
Private First Class
 
Drives: 335 xi LCI
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: NYC

Posts: 179
iTrader: (0)

take them down!
dmist199 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-04-2012, 10:31 AM   #129
phil_
Private First Class
 
Drives: E60 M5
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: NA

Posts: 174
iTrader: (1)

Like others have said, if no one is taking this seriously, lighting this fire should:

https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/
phil_ is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-04-2012, 10:39 AM   #130
bimmer_335
Captain
 
Drives: 335i Coupe
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Plano, TX

Posts: 785
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjoe87865 View Post
Stop being nice already. You have already showed way more patience than the average person regarding this situation. Yet still everyone wants to give you the shaft. Stop bending over and execute your threats already.

Let the lawyers take your case (as evil as they are) send your story out to the press. Just stop being nice already. They will take advantage of your kindness for as long as you give it out. To the very last drop.
+1
I've been saying the same thing since I started following OP's story. He's way too nice for anything to get done. I dont think you'd get anywhere with penske or BMWNA yourself... you need a lawyer and civil suit filed for damages.

Also, write to the state attorney general and attach a copy of your letter to Penske, BMWNA and GM. Name the names... and ask his office to investigate Penske for shady business practices as they are potential threat to public safety. I've written to state attorney general and you'd be surprised how helpful they are.
bimmer_335 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-04-2012, 12:21 PM   #131
matrix76
Major
 
matrix76's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E90 328i xDrive Ex/Ps
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: The West Coast, BC

Posts: 1,300
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix76 View Post
Started already, just load up all the local websites, word will travel fast

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/ctd/2782226101.html
Posting pulled down
__________________
Brian
Black Sapphire, Black w/Burrwood Trim & Shifter, 162's, Mtec H8 AE's, DS1 HID 6000K

matrix76 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      01-04-2012, 01:01 PM   #132
the332i
New Member
 
Drives: E36 332i
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Boston, Ma.

Posts: 8
iTrader: (0)

Saw this on Bimmerforums. This is outrageous, huh? I'm not the kind of person who would sue, but I'd be getting pretty pissed off in regards to all the time, frustration, wasting money, etc. put into getting this sorted out, when the issue has been clearing. You need to stop rolling over. I'd have my lawyer on the phone with them or a letter from him sitting on there desk tomorrow, threatening the shit out of them over some sort of civil case. Get in touch with the BBB, NHTSA...everything, man.

It's time to stop dicking around and call the cavalry.
the332i is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:44 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST