E90Post
 


TNT Racewerks
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Photo/Video/Media Gallery > 335i around Bavaria



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-16-2014, 03:58 PM   #1
88atlas07
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: 07 Dinan stg 3 335i
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Germany

Posts: 42
iTrader: (0)

335i around Bavaria

88atlas07 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-16-2014, 04:25 PM   #2
Rurek
Private
 
Rurek's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 335i e92
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Orland Park, IL

Posts: 67
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
I love it !!! No one cares about cops - freedom.
Rurek is offline   Poland
0
Reply With Quote
      02-16-2014, 06:53 PM   #3
bimmette
youtube.com/tvtara
 
bimmette's Avatar
 
Drives: like I stole it! (07 335i E93)
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Vancouver

Posts: 1,517
iTrader: (0)

Ah, nice! Brings back memories!

Actually, be careful- German cops are pretty strict about speeding (not on the Autobahn obviously) and will even show up at your house if you don't pay your ticket. Maybe if you're an American in the military, they will be more lenient though.
bimmette is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      02-16-2014, 07:03 PM   #4
88atlas07
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: 07 Dinan stg 3 335i
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Germany

Posts: 42
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmette View Post
Ah, nice! Brings back memories!

Actually, be careful- German cops are pretty strict about speeding (not on the Autobahn obviously) and will even show up at your house if you don't pay your ticket. Maybe if you're an American in the military, they will be more lenient though.
The Polizei dont mess around when it comes to speeding, but I travel these roads often and never see any so wasnt too worried. The Autobahn gets boring after a while, so its nice to find tucked away roads with very little traffic
88atlas07 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-16-2014, 11:35 PM   #5
Delusive
Major
 
Delusive's Avatar
 
Drives: E92
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA

Posts: 1,468
iTrader: (6)

Nice run, looks like alot of fun.
__________________
Delusive is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-17-2014, 09:32 AM   #6
monkawekrue
Brigadier General
 
Drives: e46 M3 AW/f25 X3 AW
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: CENTEX

Posts: 3,098
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
you at vilseck or graff? if so, snake road going from the two is badass to drive. i used to chase friends through there with our cars seeing who can keep up with who. be careful with black ice though. seen an MR2 flip like 3 times on that road.
__________________
monkawekrue is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-17-2014, 09:56 AM   #7
cialz
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: e93 335i 07
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: LA, CA

Posts: 247
iTrader: (0)

Did you move from va to Germany? Thought everyone sold their cars before they deploy to buy cheaper German cars? Or has that changed?
cialz is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-17-2014, 12:02 PM   #8
88atlas07
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: 07 Dinan stg 3 335i
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Germany

Posts: 42
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkawekrue View Post
you at vilseck or graff? if so, snake road going from the two is badass to drive. i used to chase friends through there with our cars seeing who can keep up with who. be careful with black ice though. seen an MR2 flip like 3 times on that road.
Ansbach, but I know which road you're refering to. This year we havent really had a winter yet, so hopefully it stays that way. You ever check out the Nurburgring? Planning on doing a few laps mid April
88atlas07 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-17-2014, 12:06 PM   #9
88atlas07
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: 07 Dinan stg 3 335i
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Germany

Posts: 42
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cialz View Post
Did you move from va to Germany? Thought everyone sold their cars before they deploy to buy cheaper German cars? Or has that changed?
Yes I bought my car in Va Beach, and brought it over with me. I got such a deal on it that I was certain I wasnt going to find another 335i in that price range so jumped on the opportunity. It needed a little work (injectors, brakes, coils, plugs, etc...) but even with all of that I still got it for well below its market value.

Looking at getting an s1000rr before going back to the states, theres definitely a huge benefit to purchasing bimmers overseas
88atlas07 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-17-2014, 12:24 PM   #10
StevenY.
///M
 
StevenY.'s Avatar
 
Drives: 10' SG e92 335i
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NYC

Posts: 1,510
iTrader: (1)

That looks like a really fun drive. Nice video.
__________________
10' Space Grey e92 335i
StevenY. is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-17-2014, 02:15 PM   #11
cialz
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: e93 335i 07
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: LA, CA

Posts: 247
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88atlas07 View Post
Yes I bought my car in Va Beach, and brought it over with me. I got such a deal on it that I was certain I wasnt going to find another 335i in that price range so jumped on the opportunity. It needed a little work (injectors, brakes, coils, plugs, etc...) but even with all of that I still got it for well below its market value.

Looking at getting an s1000rr before going back to the states, theres definitely a huge benefit to purchasing bimmers overseas
nice!
cialz is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-17-2014, 03:13 PM   #12
Mardio
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 2013 335is space grey
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: SF

Posts: 3,085
iTrader: (0)

Man what a blast.
Mardio is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-19-2014, 10:23 AM   #13
monkawekrue
Brigadier General
 
Drives: e46 M3 AW/f25 X3 AW
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: CENTEX

Posts: 3,098
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 88atlas07 View Post
Ansbach, but I know which road you're refering to. This year we havent really had a winter yet, so hopefully it stays that way. You ever check out the Nurburgring? Planning on doing a few laps mid April
Hopefully it does stay that way. And no, when i was there i spent a good 15 months in Iraq, and another 8 months TDY in the US and Belgium. So didnt have too much time to do much but travel. Am trying to go back though.
__________________
monkawekrue is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-19-2014, 02:10 PM   #14
KwlAznKid
Colonel
 
KwlAznKid's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW/MERCEDES/PORSCHE
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Irvine/Fremont, CA/ University of California San Diego Alum

Posts: 2,405
iTrader: (4)

sweet vid, how is ur steering so light?! u seem to be turning the wheel so easily.. or maybe I just need to hit the gym more often..
__________________
BMW E92 328I /BMW E46 M3 /Mercedes Benz W209 CLK500 /BMW E92 335I(sold)/Porsche 996 911 C2(sold)/BMW E46 325CI(totaled)
KwlAznKid is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-19-2014, 03:22 PM   #15
88atlas07
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: 07 Dinan stg 3 335i
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Germany

Posts: 42
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KwlAznKid View Post
sweet vid, how is ur steering so light?! u seem to be turning the wheel so easily.. or maybe I just need to hit the gym more often..
To me the steering feels like any other BMW Ive owned/driven. This is my 4th one and theyre all pretty much the same from what I can tell
88atlas07 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-19-2014, 04:57 PM   #16
Gizm0
Major
 
Gizm0's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 e92 335i 6mt
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Virginia

Posts: 1,269
iTrader: (1)

Cool vid. Now practice on your heel-toe to make for quicker and smoother downshifts...
__________________
mtec AE - Paintend Side Markers - Aero Lip - 35% tint - BMW Rear Deck Spoiler - JB4 - VRSF 3" DP - BMS DCI - ER CP - Tial BOV
Gizm0 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-19-2014, 05:25 PM   #17
88atlas07
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: 07 Dinan stg 3 335i
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Germany

Posts: 42
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizm0 View Post
Cool vid. Now practice on your heel-toe to make for quicker and smoother downshifts...
Thanks, yep heal-toe is definitely something I need to practice on. Only tried it a hand full of times and every time I either give it too much brake or the downshifts are very rough
88atlas07 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-20-2014, 12:13 AM   #18
BoogeyMan'sBMW
Major
 
BoogeyMan'sBMW's Avatar
 
Drives: SLOW
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Queens NY

Posts: 1,274
iTrader: (3)

Nice, what ssk is that?
BoogeyMan'sBMW is offline   Bangladesh
0
Reply With Quote
      02-20-2014, 02:59 AM   #19
JS82
Captain
 
JS82's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 E92 328i 6MT Jet Black
Join Date: May 2010
Location: PA USA

Posts: 612
iTrader: (11)

Man I miss German roads. Looks like fun.
JS82 is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      02-20-2014, 06:04 AM   #20
88atlas07
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: 07 Dinan stg 3 335i
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Germany

Posts: 42
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoogeyMan'sBMW View Post
Nice, what ssk is that?
Its just a BMW performance knob with an alcantara boot. Works really well and is much shorter than the ridiculosuly huge stock one

http://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E92-335...ifter/ES46508/
88atlas07 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-20-2014, 11:12 AM   #21
KwlAznKid
Colonel
 
KwlAznKid's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW/MERCEDES/PORSCHE
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Irvine/Fremont, CA/ University of California San Diego Alum

Posts: 2,405
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88atlas07 View Post
To me the steering feels like any other BMW Ive owned/driven. This is my 4th one and theyre all pretty much the same from what I can tell

interesting, this is my 4th bmw as well and weirdly enough my m3 had the lightest steering out of my others (325ci/328i/335i)
__________________
BMW E92 328I /BMW E46 M3 /Mercedes Benz W209 CLK500 /BMW E92 335I(sold)/Porsche 996 911 C2(sold)/BMW E46 325CI(totaled)
KwlAznKid is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:20 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST