E90Post
 


VIBE Motorsports
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > 2012 DVD Nav (US) Updates Released



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-15-2012, 11:08 AM   #243
bimmer33084
New Member
0
Rep
22
Posts

 
Drives: in the market
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: chicago

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhahlen View Post
burn at 1 or 2x, try a lighter backed media or quality media. Verbatim, TDK, etc.
Will do, Thank!
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2012, 01:19 PM   #244
chemist
New Member
Russian Federation
1
Rep
20
Posts

 
Drives: Audi
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Russia

iTrader: (0)








http://fsc-tools.com/en/pages/54.htm
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2012, 12:37 AM   #245
HungHingHK
Enlisted Member
9
Rep
47
Posts

 
Drives: E92
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Socal

iTrader: (1)

more seed PUREZZZ!!!
__________________
2008 BSM E92 335i.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2012, 08:44 AM   #246
GenePoole
Lieutenant
9
Rep
537
Posts

 
Drives: '06 E90 330i
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Brighton, IL

iTrader: (0)

I haven't seen anyone downloading my copy of the originals (I guess everyone wants the ones with speedcams) so I took down my torrent.

If anyone wants a copy of the original two-disk set, I'll entertain B&Ps. For anyone who doesn't know what B&P is, it's "Blanks and Postage," an old deadhead term when we used to trade cassettes of Grateful Dead shows. Basically, you send me 2 blank DVDs in a return postage-paid package so all I have to do is burn the copy, then drop the postage-paid envelope into my mailbox. The idea is to make it as convenient as possible on the guy with the goods.

If you want to do this, email me. To thwart spambots, my domain is hoxnet, the top level domain is com and my address before the "@" is dathead.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2012, 02:39 PM   #247
WarHoc
Registered
0
Rep
1
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 328i: TiAg/Black
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Newport Beach, Ca

iTrader: (0)

I have a 2009 328 w/ the 2009 software and would like to upgrade to the 2012 maps. I've searched and read about the updates, but want to make sure I've pieced together all the steps correctly. Am I missing anything?

1) Obtain 2012 DVDs (either from dealership for ~ $7 or download and burn disks)
2) Obtain FSC code (either from dealer for ~$200 or so, or from a member here for ~$100)
3) Insert disks into DVD Drive in dash and insert FSC code
4) Allow update to run and follow instructions (takes a couple hours for all 3 disks)

BTW, are there benefits for downloading the maps and burning them yourselves other than not having to go to dealer, speed traps, less than $7?
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2012, 03:09 PM   #248
ttam
Major
ttam's Avatar
United_States
14
Rep
1,094
Posts

 
Drives: Chevrolet movie theater
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (19)

Garage List
2009 328i  [3.17]
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarHoc View Post
I have a 2009 328 w/ the 2009 software and would like to upgrade to the 2012 maps. I've searched and read about the updates, but want to make sure I've pieced together all the steps correctly. Am I missing anything?

1) Obtain 2012 DVDs (either from dealership for ~ $7 or download and burn disks)
2) Obtain FSC code (either from dealer for ~$200 or so, or from a member here for ~$100)
3) Insert disks into DVD Drive in dash and insert FSC code
4) Allow update to run and follow instructions (takes a couple hours for all 3 disks)

BTW, are there benefits for downloading the maps and burning them yourselves other than not having to go to dealer, speed traps, less than $7?

yeup, you got it all correct.


as for the benefits.. there really isnt any. it took quite a long time to download the torrent file for the CIC. for ~$7 it is probably a better and easier method of getting the disks.

There were a lot of people having issues burning the files. I had to try 3 times before i could burn the 1st disk correctly.

Also, I did not notice there were any speed traps available for the CIC (correct me if i am wrong)
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2012, 06:07 AM   #249
Spydeputy
Brigadier General
Spydeputy's Avatar
Germany
49
Rep
3,211
Posts

 
Drives: 2012,E92,335is/2008,E90,335xi
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Harford County, Maryland

iTrader: (18)

Garage List
2008 335xi  [0.00]
2012 335is  [1.00]
Send a message via Skype™ to Spydeputy
Sure Dude,
Your 2009 has a hard drive Navi, your DVD is updated at your BMW dealer.


Quote:
Originally Posted by WarHoc View Post
I have a 2009 328 w/ the 2009 software and would like to upgrade to the 2012 maps. I've searched and read about the updates, but want to make sure I've pieced together all the steps correctly. Am I missing anything?

1) Obtain 2012 DVDs (either from dealership for ~ $7 or download and burn disks)
2) Obtain FSC code (either from dealer for ~$200 or so, or from a member here for ~$100)
3) Insert disks into DVD Drive in dash and insert FSC code
4) Allow update to run and follow instructions (takes a couple hours for all 3 disks)

BTW, are there benefits for downloading the maps and burning them yourselves other than not having to go to dealer, speed traps, less than $7?
__________________
2012, E92, 335is, Space Metal Gray, DINAN Stage 2, Helix FMIC, M Sport Pkg, Dbl Spoke 313 Wheels, Gray & Blk Leather, Conv. Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, Prem Pkg, 7 Sp DCT, Navigation, Satellite / Harman Kardon Radio.
BMW CCA Member

Last edited by Spydeputy; 02-22-2012 at 05:56 PM.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2012, 08:06 AM   #250
bula
Enlisted Member
Canada
1
Rep
31
Posts

 
Drives: 335xi
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenePoole View Post
I haven't seen anyone downloading my copy of the originals (I guess everyone wants the ones with speedcams) so I took down my torrent.

If anyone wants a copy of the original two-disk set, I'll entertain B&Ps. For anyone who doesn't know what B&P is, it's "Blanks and Postage," an old deadhead term when we used to trade cassettes of Grateful Dead shows. Basically, you send me 2 blank DVDs in a return postage-paid package so all I have to do is burn the copy, then drop the postage-paid envelope into my mailbox. The idea is to make it as convenient as possible on the guy with the goods.

If you want to do this, email me. To thwart spambots, my domain is hoxnet, the top level domain is com and my address before the "@" is dathead.
I did and they work very well, Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2012, 02:45 PM   #251
Boost3dm3
Lieutenant
Boost3dm3's Avatar
United_States
7
Rep
470
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: DC Metro

iTrader: (0)

anyone get a corrupt archive error when trying to extract the iso for the east zip no cams?
__________________
Become a BMW CCA member; please use member #405205 as a reference . Click here to join online
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2012, 09:21 PM   #252
PA66400
Private First Class
Canada
2
Rep
117
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 335i Sedan
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Calgary, AB

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost3dm3 View Post
anyone get a corrupt archive error when trying to extract the iso for the east zip no cams?
Yes!! I thought that I was the only one. Downloaded the torrent twice, same thing. No error for the West iso - it burned fine and works fine. Am using GenePoole's torrent iso. Same error in XP and Win 7 - what gives?
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2012, 05:41 PM   #253
smallgirl
New Member
Canada
0
Rep
12
Posts

 
Drives: Black Saphir Metallic F10 M5
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: calgary

iTrader: (0)

Unhappy Speedcams & Speedtraps in Calgary, Canada

Hey guys - I cannot locate the speedtraps with the 2012 DVD update - guess we here in Canada will have to wait.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2012, 05:50 PM   #254
crzylildude
Lieutenant Colonel
crzylildude's Avatar
United_States
33
Rep
1,575
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA

iTrader: (16)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by smallgirl View Post
Hey guys - I cannot locate the speedtraps with the 2012 DVD update - guess we here in Canada will have to wait.
??? Go you your NAV - select INFORMATION - go to ON-LOCATION - go to CARS & TRAVEL - select POLICE SPEED TRAPS & TRAFFIC LIGHTS/CAM

That's it i guess... (you can only select either one Police Speed Trap or Traffic Lights / Cam)

Try that... I hope I answer your question...

Last edited by crzylildude; 02-21-2012 at 06:02 PM.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2012, 07:08 PM   #255
smallgirl
New Member
Canada
0
Rep
12
Posts

 
Drives: Black Saphir Metallic F10 M5
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: calgary

iTrader: (0)

Question

Yes, tried all that - but doesn't show any in Calgary yet I know there have been lots added in the last 2 yrs - heard somewhere that the 2010 NAV DVD has them listed in the database.

Anyone from Canada able to confirm this?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2012, 12:50 AM   #256
BillieLawless
Registered
0
Rep
1
Posts

 
Drives: 330 Ci
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NYC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenePoole View Post
CCC Navigation DVDs (East and West)!



I just got mine in the mail from BMW today. As soon as I rip them and verify that they burn OK and work in my car, I'll get the torrents up.

It's been awhile since I did any torrents (last year for the 2011.1 Nav disks IIRC) so anyone got some tips on how to get this going as soon as possible?

Edit:

I ripped both with linux, burned one Memorex DVD+R with built-in DVD burner on my Windows7 laptop and ImgBurn (4x) and burned the other on a TDK DVD-R using an LG Blu-Ray Burner with linux and cdrecord (4x). Both disks worked fine in my 2006 330i CCC Navigation Professional.

I created two torrents; one for Region 1 (East) and one for Region 2 (West). See photo if you don't know what region you need. It'll take a good long while (I'm guessing 48 hrs or so) to get both seeded and going on my slow-ass country bumpkin DSL.

Hopefully I got the torrents right. Let me know if they are working.

Here are links to the torrents:

http://hoxnet.com/BMW_Nav_East_2012.1.zip.torrent
http://hoxnet.com/BMW_Nav_West_2012.1.zip.torrent

Keep the seeding going.
So I have dnloaded this file (Nav_East) twice with Utorrent from two different locations with different computers and different OS. Both zips have come down with a corruption error when attempting to extract the ISO. Ignoring the error msges the file completes extracting to a complete (?) ISO. I am now burning. We'll see. I'll post again later today.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2012, 07:39 AM   #257
Spydeputy
Brigadier General
Spydeputy's Avatar
Germany
49
Rep
3,211
Posts

 
Drives: 2012,E92,335is/2008,E90,335xi
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Harford County, Maryland

iTrader: (18)

Garage List
2008 335xi  [0.00]
2012 335is  [1.00]
Send a message via Skype™ to Spydeputy
Hi Billie,
What is the TOMTOM logo at the bottom of the Disc's. ?


Quote:
Originally Posted by BillieLawless View Post
So I have dnloaded this file (Nav_East) twice with Utorrent from two different locations with different computers and different OS. Both zips have come down with a corruption error when attempting to extract the ISO. Ignoring the error msges the file completes extracting to a complete (?) ISO. I am now burning. We'll see. I'll post again later today.
__________________
2012, E92, 335is, Space Metal Gray, DINAN Stage 2, Helix FMIC, M Sport Pkg, Dbl Spoke 313 Wheels, Gray & Blk Leather, Conv. Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, Prem Pkg, 7 Sp DCT, Navigation, Satellite / Harman Kardon Radio.
BMW CCA Member
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2012, 07:01 PM   #258
bboy_RES
Private
0
Rep
83
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 AW 335i E92
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: San Diego, CA

iTrader: (2)

I had one setback, but after that it worked great. I downloaded the Torrent on my Mac, unzipped the file, and burned it onto a Memorex DVD+R DL disc. Everything worked great. I put the disc in the car and it said it detected a new nav disc version and to turn the system off for 5 minutes. after that i turned the car on, but the screen said Nav Disc Error. i decided to try to burn the disc using my girlfriends Windows 7 based laptop. i downloaded ImgBurn and used that software to burn the disc. i made sure to write at 4x speed. after that i inserted the disc into the nav unit and the map popped up. it took a couple seconds before the roads popped up, but after that everything seems to be working flawlessly. thanks for the download!
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2012, 06:59 AM   #259
Kou
Enlisted Member
Kou's Avatar
Canada
0
Rep
31
Posts

 
Drives: 08' E92 335i
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Burnaby, BC

iTrader: (0)

Hi, this is probably dumb, but having read most of the post here.. I have downloaded the CCC western for my 2008 335i and burnt it both 1x and 4x on to my DVDs. When I inserted the disc, the navi tells me to turn the system off for 5mins, which I did. Then, I turn it back on after 6mins and it tells me to insert the disc.. I took the disc and put it back in. It still doesn't work, please help me out here.

Thank you
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2012, 10:02 AM   #260
MrQuickR1
Second Lieutenant
MrQuickR1's Avatar
4
Rep
284
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 328i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NJ

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenePoole View Post
CCC Navigation DVDs (East and West)!



I just got mine in the mail from BMW today. As soon as I rip them and verify that they burn OK and work in my car, I'll get the torrents up.

It's been awhile since I did any torrents (last year for the 2011.1 Nav disks IIRC) so anyone got some tips on how to get this going as soon as possible?

Edit:

I ripped both with linux, burned one Memorex DVD+R with built-in DVD burner on my Windows7 laptop and ImgBurn (4x) and burned the other on a TDK DVD-R using an LG Blu-Ray Burner with linux and cdrecord (4x). Both disks worked fine in my 2006 330i CCC Navigation Professional.

I created two torrents; one for Region 1 (East) and one for Region 2 (West). See photo if you don't know what region you need. It'll take a good long while (I'm guessing 48 hrs or so) to get both seeded and going on my slow-ass country bumpkin DSL.

Hopefully I got the torrents right. Let me know if they are working.

Here are links to the torrents:

http://hoxnet.com/BMW_Nav_East_2012.1.zip.torrent
http://hoxnet.com/BMW_Nav_West_2012.1.zip.torrent

Keep the seeding going.
Thank you, I am downloading now, as soon as I get it all down and seeded, I will give it a try and report back.
This is for 2007 e90 (ccc)
be back in a couple days lol
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2012, 08:01 PM   #261
MrQuickR1
Second Lieutenant
MrQuickR1's Avatar
4
Rep
284
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 328i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NJ

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambalu80 View Post
For those interested in the 2012 North America Nav DVD's w/ Red Light & Speed Cam's and Speed Traps, here you go:

2012 East DVD w/ Red Light & Speed Cam's and Speed Traps

2012 West DVD w/ Red Light & Speed Cam's and Speed Traps

Cam's and speed traps are from the 2011 DVD's. So, any new cam's added within the past 1 - 2 years may not show up on the screen.

I burned the West DVD and it works fine on my 2007 E90.

East DVD has not been tested and I do not plan on testing it anytime soon. So, I cannot guarantee that it will work. I hope someone that downloads it will check and post here if it works.

Once again, thanks to GenePoole for posting the OEM Nav DVD torrents!

EDIT: Burned the East DVD and it works fine too!
OK after wasting a handful of dvd's lol I think I got it. Using your "rar" file, and google, I tried imgburn but it wouldn't allow the extracted files to go into the burn folder...I used the zipped file and it allowed it, I image wrote it and after about 15 minutes or so it was done. I popped it in the nav and it worked. I played for a minute with speed traps, it read disc error, I ejected and put it back in, I tried places to eat and drink, it showed up places down the street. So if there are any glitches (strictly my error of course) I will know more as I use it. As far as the op links, they probably are good as well, I'm just too dumb to figure it all out as it is all new to me with this stuff. i never learned it cause I never needed things like this.
So all and all, thank you, so far so good. I did the East Coast btw
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2012, 04:14 PM   #262
MrQuickR1
Second Lieutenant
MrQuickR1's Avatar
4
Rep
284
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 328i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NJ

iTrader: (0)

Ok sorry for beating this thread but just wanted to report back....
The dvd with cams worked but kept giving disc errors after a couple of minutes.
I came home from work and burned the original 2012 from genepool and so far that is working with no errors.

I am burning the cameras one again and see if it is error free.

I did read in other forums that you get these errors when the files are tweaked or added or whatever, since it works for some, I am giving it another shot.

Thanks guys for your time and generosity.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2012, 07:25 PM   #263
Kou
Enlisted Member
Kou's Avatar
Canada
0
Rep
31
Posts

 
Drives: 08' E92 335i
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Burnaby, BC

iTrader: (0)

it seems i burnt it with memorex DVD+R DL and it went fine.. just that it'll load slow whenever it's restarted or not go straight into navigation
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2012, 10:38 PM   #264
Car54
Captain
10
Rep
899
Posts

 
Drives: 1999 Z3 Mcoupe | 2008 M3/4
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Lutz, FL

iTrader: (1)

Is anyone selling these discs that have mastered the burning process?
__________________
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:52 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST