E90Post
 


GT Haus
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Photo/Video/Media Gallery > BMS Intake



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-29-2011, 10:19 PM   #1
toocool4yooh
Lieutenant
toocool4yooh's Avatar
United_States
7
Rep
551
Posts

 
Drives: illegally
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

BMS Intake



Finally came in the mail! Didn't really get to test drive it much but the turbo spools are soo much louder. Thanks **********!





Sorry for camera quality!
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2011, 10:32 PM   #2
Danny271
Private First Class
1
Rep
170
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 335XI Coupe
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: White Plains, NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by toocool4yooh View Post


Finally came in the mail! Didn't really get to test drive it much but the turbo spools are soo much louder. Thanks **********!





Sorry for camera quality!
How far were you able to push the rear pipe into the plastic coupling? I installed mine last night w/a Cobb Accessport.

Congrats
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2011, 11:13 PM   #3
Yodaime
Just a normal member.
Yodaime's Avatar
Vietnam
58
Rep
3,402
Posts

 
Drives: Banh Xeo
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Louisiana

iTrader: (12)

^^ I couldn't get the whole pipe into the plastic thingy ;O But looks great dude!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrrm1127 View Post
My life is complete. Yodaime has commented on a post with my car in it.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2011, 11:23 PM   #4
EPT335i
Captain
EPT335i's Avatar
United_States
12
Rep
869
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E90 335i, 2012 X5 35D E70
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: EL PASO, TEXAS

iTrader: (12)

Nice, just put mine on too. Exhaust sounds alittle better to.
__________________
2008 E90 335i Titanuim Silver, Breyton GTS wheel's
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2011, 12:18 AM   #5
toocool4yooh
Lieutenant
toocool4yooh's Avatar
United_States
7
Rep
551
Posts

 
Drives: illegally
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny271 View Post
How far were you able to push the rear pipe into the plastic coupling? I installed mine last night w/a Cobb Accessport.

Congrats
Like a little less than an inch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaime View Post
^^ I couldn't get the whole pipe into the plastic thingy ;O But looks great dude!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLUCERO View Post
Nice, just put mine on too. Exhaust sounds alittle better to.
Yeah, it's pretty worth it for a hundred bucks
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2011, 12:28 AM   #6
qclik
Captain
qclik's Avatar
Hong Kong
8
Rep
702
Posts

 
Drives: e92
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: seattle

iTrader: (20)

How did you unplug the hose in front of the airbox? Mine was sitting in the garage for 3 months cause i cant unplug the hose, which is just the first step of the installtion diy.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2011, 12:41 AM   #7
toocool4yooh
Lieutenant
toocool4yooh's Avatar
United_States
7
Rep
551
Posts

 
Drives: illegally
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by qclik View Post
How did you unplug the hose in front of the airbox? Mine was sitting in the garage for 3 months cause i cant unplug the hose, which is just the first step of the installtion diy.
The little small hose that went around the air box? Well i saw these two clips thing sort of thing and pressed them together then just kinda yanked it up.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2011, 12:55 AM   #8
_shim
Major General
United_States
67
Rep
6,384
Posts

 
Drives: an e90
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: 718

iTrader: (5)

Haha awesome, I did mine today as well! Great little mod for $100.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2011, 12:57 AM   #9
EuroB6
Private First Class
EuroB6's Avatar
1
Rep
188
Posts

 
Drives: 08 E90 335i Sport
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NJ

iTrader: (5)

It looks great, but I just dont see how these can make power. I think teh best solution is a drop in filter. These things are open in the engine and suck in very hot air. Probably causing you to loose power instead of gain power.
__________________
2008 335i Black Saphire Metallic/Black Dakota/Sport/Loaded 19" BBS CH|M3 OEM Rear Spoiler|Cobb Tuned|K&N Filter
2011 Audi Q5 Black/Beige
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2011, 01:06 AM   #10
Bingobimmer
Lieutenant
Bingobimmer's Avatar
15
Rep
496
Posts

 
Drives: e90 n54
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: On the road...

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Nice mod, do these effect your warranty.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2011, 01:15 AM   #11
toocool4yooh
Lieutenant
toocool4yooh's Avatar
United_States
7
Rep
551
Posts

 
Drives: illegally
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroB6 View Post
It looks great, but I just dont see how these can make power. I think teh best solution is a drop in filter. These things are open in the engine and suck in very hot air. Probably causing you to loose power instead of gain power.
Yeah maybe, but I haven't really got to feel a difference just yet. We shall see


Quote:
Originally Posted by jharmo14 View Post
Nice mod, do these effect your warranty.
I'm not sure, just change it to the stock air box if anything before you go in for service
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2011, 05:08 AM   #12
RandyN
Unicorn Chaser
United_States
5
Rep
500
Posts

 
Drives: AW E92 335i
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Seattle, WA

iTrader: (1)

Nice mod
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2011, 07:10 AM   #13
bubbajunior
New Member
bubbajunior's Avatar
United_States
0
Rep
8
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 335XI
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Chicago Northwest Suburbs

iTrader: (0)

Looks nice! I just ordered the same last night - can't wait til it comes in the mail next week!
__________________
E90 | Black Sapphire/Black | Cold Weather | Premium | Sport
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2011, 07:12 AM   #14
Yodaime
Just a normal member.
Yodaime's Avatar
Vietnam
58
Rep
3,402
Posts

 
Drives: Banh Xeo
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Louisiana

iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroB6 View Post
It looks great, but I just dont see how these can make power. I think teh best solution is a drop in filter. These things are open in the engine and suck in very hot air. Probably causing you to loose power instead of gain power.
I had a AFE Race Oiled Filter and it was ok. But with this, I felt a better difference. It may look like BS and looks like sucking hot air but I feel it bro!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrrm1127 View Post
My life is complete. Yodaime has commented on a post with my car in it.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2011, 06:13 PM   #15
toocool4yooh
Lieutenant
toocool4yooh's Avatar
United_States
7
Rep
551
Posts

 
Drives: illegally
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaime View Post
I had a AFE Race Oiled Filter and it was ok. But with this, I felt a better difference. It may look like BS and looks like sucking hot air but I feel it bro!
I got out an drove it today, there was a difference. Feels so much nicer
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2011, 06:35 PM   #16
_shim
Major General
United_States
67
Rep
6,384
Posts

 
Drives: an e90
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: 718

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by toocool4yooh View Post
I got out an drove it today, there was a difference. Feels so much nicer
Sounds a lot nicer as well
__________________
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2011, 07:10 PM   #17
toocool4yooh
Lieutenant
toocool4yooh's Avatar
United_States
7
Rep
551
Posts

 
Drives: illegally
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shim! View Post
Sounds a lot nicer as well
Totally man
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2011, 09:00 AM   #18
platnumdesi01
First Lieutenant
3
Rep
357
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 335i Coupe
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Lorton, Virginia

iTrader: (2)

I still have to install mine as well. Hopefully it'll be somewhat easy....any DIY's?
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:22 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST