Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

TireRack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > TPMS CC 142 - can't get TMPS warning to go away

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

Wheel offset calculator courtesy of BimmerPost.com. You may use this calculator to calculate what tire sizes you might need if you upgrade your tires, or what wheel sizes/offsets are compatible with your car.
    Current Wheel Width  inches             Current Wheel Offset  mm.
         New Wheel Width  inches                  New Wheel Offset  mm.

TIRE WIDTH
/
ASPECT RATIO
- WHEEL DIAMETER
ORIGINAL TIRES
/
NEW TIRES
/
Based on your stock wheel setup, your new wheel will have:
Original Tires Diameter (in.)
      New Tires Diameter (in.)
  Difference in diameter (in.)
           Percent Difference %

Speedo @60mph will read: mph
Collapse/Expand the BimmerPost Wheel and Tire calculator

12-22-2011, 10:59 AM   #1
JamesM3M5
Some dude

Drives: E28 M5, E92 335i

TPMS CC 142 - can't get TMPS warning to go away

Car is a 2007 (06/2006 build) 335i coupe. Tires are stock size 225/40/18F and 255/35/18R on stock BMW wheels, TPMS in place. Pressures are 37psi all around. LF tire is newer than RF by about 2-3mm tread. Rears are now brand new Michelin Pilot Super Sports, fronts are PS2 ZP run flats.

I CANNOT get the damn check control warning for tire pressure to go away. If you push and hold the BC button with the tire warning in the display, it gives me CC ID 142. Found off a British website it means Check Tire Pressures. No amount of driving and resetting the TMPS through ths stalk will get rid of this damn warning. It comes on as soon as I turn the ignition on, and stays on whether I am resetting the TPMS or not.

This all started when I swapped front wheels/tires left to right. I left the garage without first resetting the TPMS, and I got the warning after driving about 100yds. I stopped, went through the stalk to reset the TPM, but it's been persistent for 4 days - about 50 miles.

I can't find any coding updates for the RDC. No fault codes in anything. I will now try lower pressures - matching the door sticker, but I already tried lower pressures and still couldn't get it to clear.

Anyone else seen this problem?
E28 M5 w/ buncha stuff, R171 SLK350
JamesM3M5 is offline   United_States
      12-22-2011, 03:02 PM   #2
Brian@bavarianx
Banned

Drives: E36 M3

Send a message via AIM to Brian@bavarianx
You possibly might have a broken/damaged TPMS sensor or the TPMS battery life may be dead or low. You have an 06 build and the average life span of the sensors is about 5 years.
Brian@bavarianx is offline   United_States
      12-22-2011, 03:22 PM   #3
bmw325i
Brigadier General

Drives: 2006 BMW 325i

You have to be parked scroll through the bc menu till you find the option to reset the tpms push the button on the stalk but dont hold it then push and hold the button till it resets.
      12-22-2011, 05:20 PM   #4
Tom K.
Major General

Drives: '07 328iT, '13 Boxster

[quote=JamesM3M5;11022939]
I will now try lower pressures - matching the door sticker, but I already tried lower pressures and still couldn't get it to clear.

[quote]

Whether or not you use the door plaque pressures on reset should not matter as the system uses the pressures at the time of reset as the baseline.

With your build date, are you certain you have TPMS and not FTM (which compares wheel rotational speeds per the ABS sensors)?

Tom
Tom K. is offline   United_States