E90Post

ECS BMW

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > St v1 installed, but i have 1 question.

12-26-2011, 01:29 AM   #1
e92mac
Private First Class

Drives: BMW 328i coupe 2010

St v1 installed, but i have 1 question.

Hey guys i just installed a pair of St v1 coilovers on my 2010 328i e92, and i love them. But it seems like the back is still a bit too high even at the lowest level. Is the PERCH supposed to be at the top or bottom of the spring? They installed it in the bottom and i don't even know how i could actually adjust it myself without removing the whole piece. Is that supposed to be like that? Can anyone post pictures of the correct installation and how the pieces come together for the rear.

Thank you guy, i will be posting pictures soon..
      12-26-2011, 01:52 AM   #2
kevin@bavarianx
Banned

Drives: E36 M3

Send a message via AIM to kevin@bavarianx
The spring perch is supposed to be installed at the top of the spring. Don't have any pictures as I never really take pictures of my work in progress, only the finished project. So it basically goes in order from top to bottom: spring perch, spring, and spring pad.
Here is a picture from **********'s:[img]http://www.**********s.com/images/Blog/mini-IMG_4576.JPG[/img]

I think you should take it back to the shop that installed it and put it together right.
kevin@bavarianx is offline   United_States
      12-26-2011, 11:10 AM   #3
e92mac
Private First Class

Thank you! Something seemed wrong to me when i saw i could adjust them. I am contacting the installer already to see what he says. I will post pictures as soon as i have everything done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sales@bavarianx View Post
The spring perch is supposed to be installed at the top of the spring. Don't have any pictures as I never really take pictures of my work in progress, only the finished project. So it basically goes in order from top to bottom: spring perch, spring, and spring pad.
Here is a picture from **********'s:[img]http://www.**********s.com/images/Blog/mini-IMG_4576.JPG[/img]

I think you should take it back to the shop that installed it and put it together right.
      12-31-2011, 01:38 AM   #4
e92mac
Private First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92mac View Post
Thank you! Something seemed wrong to me when i saw i could adjust them. I am contacting the installer already to see what he says. I will post pictures as soon as i have everything done.
I took the car to the shop today and they fixed what they had installed wrong. They had not removed the big black rubber piece that sits on top of the oem spring, so the perch wouldn't fit before ( that's why they installed it at the bottom). Now everything is fitting right I was able to get the drop I wanted. I'm in love with this coilovers, the ride is excellent, better than the sport suspension I had on it.

I will be posting pictures tomorrow,

Thank you Alan at **********s for the awesome deal and the great customer service. Next is the arkym lift or trunk, if it's a good price of course lol.

I would def also recommend the shop were I installed them, Wolfcars motorsports, it around Miami (Doral). Awesome people, great customer service and good work. Ask for Adam
      01-03-2012, 09:52 PM   #5
Javy
e92javy

Drives: Alpine White E92 M

Glad to hear you like how the st coilovers ride. I recently also purchased them from **********s. I'm looking for a shop in Miami to install them. How much did they charge you ?
Instagram- (javy_e92) 09 335i coupe / M package / Alpine White / Dinan Stage 2 / Alpina B3 Flash / Alufelgen SF71 / ST coils / Lux H8 / AFE Stage 2 intake / 6700k mtech HID / Performance trunk spoiler / Gloss black roof / CF interior wrap / PE Muffler Mod / ETS Charge pipe / Tial BOV / Cyba Quad Diffuser / Cyba Quad Black Chrome tips / Gloss black grills / AW reflectors / LED turn signals / Remote Key +
Javy is offline   United_States
      01-11-2012, 12:03 AM   #6
YoungALaw
What's Facebook?

Drives: 2009 AW e92 335i

This post was incredibly helpful. Had the exact same thing happen to me! Got the V1s installed about 6 Months ago and went to lower them a bit this past weekend but couldn't figure out how to drop the rears. Took it back to the Status this weekend and the installer found that they were upside down.

Made the fix and the adjustment for me for no charge...