E90Post

Extreme Power House

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Rattle in dash around steering column? Help

10-08-2012, 06:51 AM   #23
omare90
Enlisted Member

Drives: 328xi

climate control unit

This peace being pulled in the picture: http://www.xcalibr.net/navDIY/11.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by psubmw View Post
Glad yours is fixed. Which climate control do you mean?
      10-08-2012, 08:16 AM   #24
psubmw
Private First Class

Drives: 335i

So to get at that, you pull the trim above the glove box, and then just pull the hvac out?
      02-24-2013, 11:36 PM   #25
johnsonlwu
Enlisted Member

Drives: F30328i x 2 (yes, 2)

Fixed nagging rattle when going over bumps

Steering wheel rattles when going over bumps.
Took it to indy a few times and they couldnt isolate problem.
Thought its some wire connecting to airbag or the electronic control buttons.

But when fixing the squeaking turn problem I found that the speaker underneath the footwell was loose. INteresting how sound travels and got me confused.

Pushed it back in and all was fine.

BTW the steering squeak fix was simply to put lithium grease over the steering shaft where it touches some plastic bushings.

Just loosen 3 screws underneath the footwell above pedals and pull out the cover and you will get a good visual.

5 min job tops.
      01-28-2014, 10:20 PM   #26
evrenkaynakmd
Registered

Drives: 2012 BMW 335i sedan

What did you do to have it fixed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blingman View Post
I get the same rattle, change the position of the steering wheel a little, either up, down, in, or out and it went away.

Does the sound go away if you hold and squeeze your steering wheel tight to absorb the vibration?
Yes it does. It has been going on for the last 3 months. I took it to the dealer, but they said that since the noise is not consistent, they can not fix it. The worst part is that I live 3 hours from the dealer, and took the care there twice without any luck.
Please let me know what you did to fix the noise. When I press from above and below the steering wheel, and change the position of the wheel, the noise disappears temporarily. I am thinking of taking my 2012 BMW 335i to a local mechanic.
      01-28-2014, 10:45 PM   #27
evrenkaynakmd
Registered

Drives: 2012 BMW 335i sedan

Help, rattle coming from steering wheel

I have a 2012 BMW 335i, and there is a noise coming from the steering wheel especially at low speeds on mildly rough asphalt.
I went to the dealer many times, and none even investigated it further until the noise was more consistent.
It is driving me crazy...
The rattle only gets better temporarily if I press above and below the wheel, and move it up or down. It comes back later though.
Please show me a way to have this fixed, I am thinking of taking the car to a local mechanic that fixes foreign cars.
      04-19-2014, 09:43 PM   #28
SHEEDI
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 2009 335i - Sport PKG

Garage List
2009 BMW 335i  [4.67]
Quote:
Originally Posted by evrenkaynakmd View Post
I have a 2012 BMW 335i, and there is a noise coming from the steering wheel especially at low speeds on mildly rough asphalt.
I went to the dealer many times, and none even investigated it further until the noise was more consistent.
It is driving me crazy...
The rattle only gets better temporarily if I press above and below the wheel, and move it up or down. It comes back later though.
Please show me a way to have this fixed, I am thinking of taking the car to a local mechanic that fixes foreign cars.
so what was outcome?