E90Post
 


PYSPEED
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Updated to procede v5, only 4 maps???



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-07-2012, 05:45 PM   #1
werke-t
Captain
 
Drives: e92 335i
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Sarasota, FL

Posts: 689
iTrader: (5)

Updated to procede v5, only 4 maps???

Hey guys I just updated from v4 to v5 7-29 maps.

everything installed correctly, but

I only have maps 0 - 1 - 2 - 3

Thats it... and map 3 is no boost...

Should I reinstall the firmware or map?

Thanks, Travis
werke-t is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-07-2012, 05:49 PM   #2
caliguy562
Lieutenant
 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: garaged somewhere in soCal

Posts: 459
iTrader: (3)

Works as described. Add meth and you'll get one more map.
caliguy562 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-07-2012, 06:39 PM   #3
sear
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2007 335xi
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Colorado Springs

Posts: 462
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by werke-t View Post
Hey guys I just updated from v4 to v5 7-29 maps.

everything installed correctly, but

I only have maps 0 - 1 - 2 - 3

Thats it... and map 3 is no boost...

Should I reinstall the firmware or map?

Thanks, Travis
map 4 is for PWM meth only on the latest V5 configurations. also map 3 is the NA map designed for valet and fuel savings use. its supposed to be zero boost...
sear is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-07-2012, 07:35 PM   #4
scottp999
Brigadier General
 
scottp999's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i - E92 - 6MT & 4runner SR5
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: MD

Posts: 4,632
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335  [4.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sear View Post
map 4 is for PWM meth only on the latest V5 configurations. also map 3 is the NA map designed for valet and fuel savings use. its supposed to be zero boost...
Close. Map 4 is also for PPS meth. You put in a 1 or 0 to select PPS (0) vs PWM (1). You then put in an injection mode value based on the meth flow from your nozzle(s) for PPS or the starting value shiv gives out for PWM and map 4 is active. Map4 is really just a balance/transfer between map 1 and 2 values you put in and the actual values you run are based on the meth flow.

Map 0 is stock like (around 8 PSI), map 3 is NA. The notes on map 3 are (in 11-1-2011 read me): -Do not use MAP 3 (NA map) for extended daily driving as it may result in strange adaptation issues. For valet purposes, using it is fine.

werke-t - what stage are you running? what map and what are your values in the user adjustable parameters? How is that car driving? Have a boost gauge? If so, what are you seeing?
__________________
Rob Beck Turbos, PROcede Rev. 3, Procede Fueling Flash (via OpenFlash Tablet), PPS Methanol System (Devil's Own 12 GPH Nozzle/Aquamist Flow Sensor/Labonte VC25), DCI, Quaife LSD, BMW Performance Suspension, Autobahn Exotics Exhaust, Helix FMIC, AR Design Downpipes, BSH Catch Can, Forge Diverter Valves, P3cars Vent Boost Gauge, Alufelgen CSL Reps, Lux 5.1 H8 Angel Eyes, HPB HID Fogs, LTBMW M3 Side Skirts, BMW M3 Rear Spoiler, BMW Front Aero Lip, BMW Pedal Kit, BMW M Shift Knob, Autotecknic Matte Black Grilles.
scottp999 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-07-2012, 08:12 PM   #5
Velocity26
Resident old fart
 
Velocity26's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Florida

Posts: 256
iTrader: (4)

Why not load the 11-25 maps?
Velocity26 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-07-2012, 09:37 PM   #6
werke-t
Captain
 
Drives: e92 335i
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Sarasota, FL

Posts: 689
iTrader: (5)

Thanks for the replys!

Im glad to hear I have all the correct maps.

Currently running the 7-29 maps off the procedetuning website downloads section, I thought it was the most up-to-date map for the REV2.'

As far as the user adjustables, I didn't touch anything. Just uploaded the firmware and maps, then unplugged.

Everything is driving great! It might of been in my head but I felt like the powerband was smoother than v4. Tons of power.

I do not have a aftermarket boost gauge, but using the procede's built in
fuel boost gauge feature. On stage 1 Im seeing around a solid 13.5 psi, pulls very hard. I only have HPF FMIC and the Procede at the moment. New Vishnu DCI will be here this week, down pipes follow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottp999 View Post
Close. Map 4 is also for PPS meth. You put in a 1 or 0 to select PPS (0) vs PWM (1). You then put in an injection mode value based on the meth flow from your nozzle(s) for PPS or the starting value shiv gives out for PWM and map 4 is active. Map4 is really just a balance/transfer between map 1 and 2 values you put in and the actual values you run are based on the meth flow.

Map 0 is stock like (around 8 PSI), map 3 is NA. The notes on map 3 are (in 11-1-2011 read me): -Do not use MAP 3 (NA map) for extended daily driving as it may result in strange adaptation issues. For valet purposes, using it is fine.

werke-t - what stage are you running? what map and what are your values in the user adjustable parameters? How is that car driving? Have a boost gauge? If so, what are you seeing?
If im not mistaken 11-25 maps are only for rev 2.5 and rev 3 units?

Correct me if im wrong but I was under the impression the 7-29 maps were the most updated for the rev2 units?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocity26 View Post
Why not load the 11-25 maps?
werke-t is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-07-2012, 09:39 PM   #7
sear
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2007 335xi
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Colorado Springs

Posts: 462
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by werke-t View Post
Thanks for the replys!

Im glad to hear I have all the correct maps.

Currently running the 7-29 maps off the procedetuning website downloads section, I thought it was the most up-to-date map for the REV2.'

As far as the user adjustables, I didn't touch anything. Just uploaded the firmware and maps, then unplugged.

Everything is driving great! It might of been in my head but I felt like the powerband was smoother than v4. Tons of power.

I do not have a aftermarket boost gauge, but using the procede's built in
fuel boost gauge feature. On stage 1 Im seeing around a solid 13.5 psi, pulls very hard. I only have HPF FMIC and the Procede at the moment. New Vishnu DCI will be here this week, down pipes follow.



If im not mistaken 11-25 maps are only for rev 2.5 and rev 3 units?

Correct me if im wrong but I was under the impression the 7-29 maps were the most updated for the rev2 units?
yes, 7-29 are the latest out for Rev 2 units
sear is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-07-2012, 09:45 PM   #8
scottp999
Brigadier General
 
scottp999's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i - E92 - 6MT & 4runner SR5
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: MD

Posts: 4,632
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335  [4.50]
Sounds good. Not sure if you have done any logging on timing, but that's what I would suggest next. On a closed road of course. If you eventually get a meth kit, get that 2.5 upgrade. Looks like a good upgrade path you are following. This car never gets old to me (nearing 5 yrs old), because of doing a couple mods per year.
__________________
Rob Beck Turbos, PROcede Rev. 3, Procede Fueling Flash (via OpenFlash Tablet), PPS Methanol System (Devil's Own 12 GPH Nozzle/Aquamist Flow Sensor/Labonte VC25), DCI, Quaife LSD, BMW Performance Suspension, Autobahn Exotics Exhaust, Helix FMIC, AR Design Downpipes, BSH Catch Can, Forge Diverter Valves, P3cars Vent Boost Gauge, Alufelgen CSL Reps, Lux 5.1 H8 Angel Eyes, HPB HID Fogs, LTBMW M3 Side Skirts, BMW M3 Rear Spoiler, BMW Front Aero Lip, BMW Pedal Kit, BMW M Shift Knob, Autotecknic Matte Black Grilles.
scottp999 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-07-2012, 11:00 PM   #9
Velocity26
Resident old fart
 
Velocity26's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Florida

Posts: 256
iTrader: (4)

My mistake, I missed the part in his Sig where it says Rev 2.

For $50 you can upgrade to 2.5 and get the 11-25 maps ... if they are better than the 7-29 maps.
Velocity26 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:49 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST