E90Post
 


Bimmer Retrofit
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > 2012 Track Events (Québec, Ontario & North East USA)



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-12-2012, 08:58 AM   #111
Tonybest
Enrollment Officer
 
Tonybest's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E86 ///M IR
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Montreal, Qc.

Posts: 4,859
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgalaxy View Post
Thanks. As an aside, I'll likely drop by this weekend to drive the car back home directly. No trailer detail this time. I may need a hand getting out the front door like last time. I'll bring the wood. You in this weekend?
Should be there most of the time... call me to schedule.
Tonybest is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      04-22-2012, 11:17 PM   #112
montreal red
chris
 
montreal red's Avatar
 
Drives: White Boat
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto

Posts: 12,118
iTrader: (31)

Send a message via MSN to montreal red
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgalaxy View Post
Thanks. As an aside, I'll likely drop by this weekend to drive the car back home directly. No trailer detail this time. I may need a hand getting out the front door like last time. I'll bring the wood. You in this weekend?
wait, the track beast is road legal? i thought it was a track-only car.
__________________

Current: 2013 F10 M5 & 2013 GLK350
997.1 GT3RS (gone)
2009 WRX STI (gone)
e92 M3 (gone)
montreal red is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      04-23-2012, 09:19 PM   #113
jgalaxy
Gearing
 
jgalaxy's Avatar
 
Drives: E46 M3
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Montreal

Posts: 3,754
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal red View Post
wait, the track beast is road legal? i thought it was a track-only car.
It has the original seat belts ....
__________________
"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking
about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." - George W

jgalaxy is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      04-23-2012, 09:22 PM   #114
jgalaxy
Gearing
 
jgalaxy's Avatar
 
Drives: E46 M3
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Montreal

Posts: 3,754
iTrader: (3)

Antoine, have you heard anything from our friends for AISA? I havent seen boo yet.
__________________
"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking
about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." - George W

jgalaxy is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      04-23-2012, 09:48 PM   #115
Tonybest
Enrollment Officer
 
Tonybest's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E86 ///M IR
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Montreal, Qc.

Posts: 4,859
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgalaxy View Post
Antoine, have you heard anything from our friends for AISA? I havent seen boo yet.
Nope no email

I see you haven't had any luck getting an answer on MR either...
Tonybest is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      04-25-2012, 03:19 AM   #116
jgalaxy
Gearing
 
jgalaxy's Avatar
 
Drives: E46 M3
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Montreal

Posts: 3,754
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonybest View Post
Nope no email

I see you haven't had any luck getting an answer on MR either...
There is nothing like communication.
__________________
"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking
about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." - George W

jgalaxy is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      04-26-2012, 03:18 PM   #117
Nikos335i
Brigadier General
 
Nikos335i's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 B8 S4 & 2013 F30 328xi
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Montreal, Canada

Posts: 3,821
iTrader: (13)

Garage List
2012 Audi S4  [4.50]
2007 E90 335i  [4.50]
2011 Audi A4 Avant  [5.00]
Anyone going to the Boston Tremblant event in August? Getting ready to sign up and was wondering if any of you are going?
__________________
'12 B8 S4 Ice Silver on Black/Premium/DSG/Sport Diff/Nav/Carbon Inlays/19' Titanium Wheels/RS4 Grill/AWE exhaust/Alu Kreuz/H&R OE/Pagid RS19
'13 F30 328xi Sapphire Black/Coral Red/Sportline/gloss black with matte red/Style 397 18" wheels
gone: '07 E90 335i, Alpine White/Black with aluminum/sport/ steptronic/paddles/premium/Logic7
gone: '06 E61 530xi Sapphire Black/Black with aluminum/premium/panoramic sunroof/Logic7/PDC
Nikos335i is offline   Greece
0
Reply With Quote
      04-26-2012, 03:32 PM   #118
kenneth
Major General
 
kenneth's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i Sedan
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal

Posts: 8,561
iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikos335i View Post
Anyone going to the Boston Tremblant event in August? Getting ready to sign up and was wondering if any of you are going?
There is also a BMW QC event at LCMT in August, but it requires 2 days off (Mon-Tues). Not sure yet, currently leaning for the BMW QC event!
__________________
SB, Terra, 6MT. Only a few mods here and there.....nothing extreme!
kenneth is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      04-26-2012, 03:44 PM   #119
Nikos335i
Brigadier General
 
Nikos335i's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 B8 S4 & 2013 F30 328xi
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Montreal, Canada

Posts: 3,821
iTrader: (13)

Garage List
2012 Audi S4  [4.50]
2007 E90 335i  [4.50]
2011 Audi A4 Avant  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
There is also a BMW QC event at LCMT in August, but it requires 2 days off (Mon-Tues). Not sure yet, currently leaning for the BMW QC event!
Already registered for that one Mr. Ken !!!
__________________
'12 B8 S4 Ice Silver on Black/Premium/DSG/Sport Diff/Nav/Carbon Inlays/19' Titanium Wheels/RS4 Grill/AWE exhaust/Alu Kreuz/H&R OE/Pagid RS19
'13 F30 328xi Sapphire Black/Coral Red/Sportline/gloss black with matte red/Style 397 18" wheels
gone: '07 E90 335i, Alpine White/Black with aluminum/sport/ steptronic/paddles/premium/Logic7
gone: '06 E61 530xi Sapphire Black/Black with aluminum/premium/panoramic sunroof/Logic7/PDC
Nikos335i is offline   Greece
0
Reply With Quote
      04-26-2012, 04:57 PM   #120
kenneth
Major General
 
kenneth's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i Sedan
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal

Posts: 8,561
iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikos335i View Post
Already registered for that one Mr. Ken !!!
That is Cool, haven't seen you in a while, and never saw your new pimp ride.
__________________
SB, Terra, 6MT. Only a few mods here and there.....nothing extreme!
kenneth is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      04-26-2012, 05:17 PM   #121
Nikos335i
Brigadier General
 
Nikos335i's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 B8 S4 & 2013 F30 328xi
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Montreal, Canada

Posts: 3,821
iTrader: (13)

Garage List
2012 Audi S4  [4.50]
2007 E90 335i  [4.50]
2011 Audi A4 Avant  [5.00]
Yes it has been a while. No worries I'm sure at one point there will be a meet or track event that we will catch up old friend.
__________________
'12 B8 S4 Ice Silver on Black/Premium/DSG/Sport Diff/Nav/Carbon Inlays/19' Titanium Wheels/RS4 Grill/AWE exhaust/Alu Kreuz/H&R OE/Pagid RS19
'13 F30 328xi Sapphire Black/Coral Red/Sportline/gloss black with matte red/Style 397 18" wheels
gone: '07 E90 335i, Alpine White/Black with aluminum/sport/ steptronic/paddles/premium/Logic7
gone: '06 E61 530xi Sapphire Black/Black with aluminum/premium/panoramic sunroof/Logic7/PDC
Nikos335i is offline   Greece
0
Reply With Quote
      04-28-2012, 04:03 PM   #122
Tonybest
Enrollment Officer
 
Tonybest's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E86 ///M IR
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Montreal, Qc.

Posts: 4,859
iTrader: (1)

Whomever is at Sanair.... great weather. Hope you guys are having enough track time and some fun.

As for me, I have just installed my track pads all by myself (thank you teacher Joel)... I have a couple of days which I will be testing them before next week @ Calabogie.
Tonybest is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      04-28-2012, 06:43 PM   #123
kenneth
Major General
 
kenneth's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i Sedan
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal

Posts: 8,561
iTrader: (12)

Not a good day today, some truck spilled some crap on the highway and my rear right tire went over a piece of metal and got a not so tiny hole torn in it. Hopefully they can repair it. effing mad, those were new tires!

Lotsa cars got damaged tires from what I hear.
__________________
SB, Terra, 6MT. Only a few mods here and there.....nothing extreme!
kenneth is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      04-28-2012, 06:53 PM   #124
Tonybest
Enrollment Officer
 
Tonybest's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E86 ///M IR
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Montreal, Qc.

Posts: 4,859
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
Not a good day today, some truck spilled some crap on the highway and my rear right tire went over a piece of metal and got a not so tiny hole torn in it. Hopefully they can repair it. effing mad, those were new tires!

Lotsa cars got damaged tires from what I hear.
Where was this?
Tonybest is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      04-28-2012, 07:05 PM   #125
kenneth
Major General
 
kenneth's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i Sedan
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal

Posts: 8,561
iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonybest View Post
Where was this?
40 going west just past st-charles
__________________
SB, Terra, 6MT. Only a few mods here and there.....nothing extreme!
kenneth is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      05-04-2012, 10:30 PM   #126
Tonybest
Enrollment Officer
 
Tonybest's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E86 ///M IR
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Montreal, Qc.

Posts: 4,859
iTrader: (1)

Trying to sleep. Gotta wake up at 5:30... Calabogie will be fun tomorrow. Let's see what AISA have in store for us tomorrow.
Tonybest is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      05-04-2012, 11:37 PM   #127
kenneth
Major General
 
kenneth's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i Sedan
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal

Posts: 8,561
iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonybest View Post
Trying to sleep. Gotta wake up at 5:30... Calabogie will be fun tomorrow. Let's see what AISA have in store for us tomorrow.
Dude, sleep is overrated!
__________________
SB, Terra, 6MT. Only a few mods here and there.....nothing extreme!
kenneth is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      05-05-2012, 05:23 PM   #128
Tonybest
Enrollment Officer
 
Tonybest's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E86 ///M IR
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Montreal, Qc.

Posts: 4,859
iTrader: (1)

First day done. I had problems with my brakes early on. Most probably some pad residue on the disks. It got better as the day went on.
Good group. Plenty to learn. Passing was permitted everywhere there was a straight even if it was short. And NO POINTBYS... You have to stay alert.
Tonybest is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      05-06-2012, 12:36 PM   #129
kenneth
Major General
 
kenneth's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i Sedan
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal

Posts: 8,561
iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonybest View Post
First day done. I had problems with my brakes early on. Most probably some pad residue on the disks. It got better as the day went on.
Good group. Plenty to learn. Passing was permitted everywhere there was a straight even if it was short. And NO POINTBYS... You have to stay alert.
Yah brake shuddering is not fun, likely due to uneven pad material on the disc. I hope this not happens to me next Friday with the new brakes!

How's Joel's green machine doing?
__________________
SB, Terra, 6MT. Only a few mods here and there.....nothing extreme!
kenneth is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      05-06-2012, 07:52 PM   #130
jgalaxy
Gearing
 
jgalaxy's Avatar
 
Drives: E46 M3
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Montreal

Posts: 3,754
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
Yah brake shuddering is not fun, likely due to uneven pad material on the disc. I hope this not happens to me next Friday with the new brakes!

How's Joel's green machine doing?
The car is awesome. Just wish it had a little more low end torque. Braking is great, suspension is good and turn-in exceptional. Rear wheel drive takes a some getting used to, though. A few rear end wiggles and some feathered drifting. Seb set it up very well. Very neutral. I do have some transmission issues that I will have to resolve
__________________
"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking
about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." - George W

jgalaxy is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      05-06-2012, 08:17 PM   #131
kenneth
Major General
 
kenneth's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i Sedan
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal

Posts: 8,561
iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgalaxy View Post
The car is awesome. Just wish it had a little more low end torque. Braking is great, suspension is good and turn-in exceptional. Rear wheel drive takes a some getting used to, though. A few rear end wiggles and some feathered drifting. Seb set it up very well. Very neutral. I do have some transmission issues that I will have to resolve
Besides the transmission, that's great news! Could it be the clutch needs some breaking-in period? And the RWD will need you to feather the throttle exiting a corner, not like the xi where you can lay down the hammer exiting a corner eh? But that should be a quick adjustment.

Oh, I forgot, how sexy were you in driver suit what color?
kenneth is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      05-07-2012, 06:48 AM   #132
jgalaxy
Gearing
 
jgalaxy's Avatar
 
Drives: E46 M3
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Montreal

Posts: 3,754
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
Besides the transmission, that's great news! Could it be the clutch needs some breaking-in period? And the RWD will need you to feather the throttle exiting a corner, not like the xi where you can lay down the hammer exiting a corner eh? But that should be a quick adjustment.

Oh, I forgot, how sexy were you in driver suit what color?
Big difference on corner exit, like you said. This aint no all wheel drive.

I had a friend help me look at the gearbox fluid at the track. I have brass filings in the fluid. She is cooked. So I'll start to source a use transmission and just drive with this one in the mean time and flush fluid every other track day. Oh yes ... gentle shifts.

I have my nomex setup using a lovely satin black suit from Alpinestar (oooh ahhh) with matching boots from Sparco along with my red/black gloves from OMP.
__________________
"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking
about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." - George W

jgalaxy is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:27 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST