E90Post
 


 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > E90 lci m3 replica front bumper



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-04-2012, 11:01 PM   #45
myfly335
Lieutenant
 
myfly335's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 e90 sport pkg ALL BLACK
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Hicksville, New York

Posts: 493
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2011 BMW 335  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to myfly335
looking 4 this also
myfly335 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-04-2012, 11:15 PM   #46
myfly335
Lieutenant
 
myfly335's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 e90 sport pkg ALL BLACK
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Hicksville, New York

Posts: 493
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2011 BMW 335  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to myfly335
wtf why dont it fit sport package
myfly335 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-05-2012, 02:17 AM   #47
mapleridge
Banned
 
Drives: E90 N52 AT
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC

Posts: 2,681
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by myfly335 View Post
wtf why dont it fit sport package
As mentioned before. The cars with msport bumpers have different fender liners and different ducts. You may be able to jimmy rig something up or you will have to change liners and ducts.

This thread is pure awesome!!! It fits perfectly. This seller is going to have a lot of customers quite soon. I haven't installed my msport bumper yet. I might sell it and get one of these bumpers....
mapleridge is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-05-2012, 08:49 AM   #48
rollinstone157
Brotographer
 
rollinstone157's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 328i xDrive Sedan
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NJ, USA

Posts: 1,701
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleridge View Post
As mentioned before. The cars with msport bumpers have different fender liners and different ducts. You may be able to jimmy rig something up or you will have to change liners and ducts.

This thread is pure awesome!!! It fits perfectly. This seller is going to have a lot of customers quite soon. I haven't installed my msport bumper yet. I might sell it and get one of these bumpers....
Changing the liner and ducts isn't a huge deal--those who convert from regular to OEM/rep M-sport bumpers have to deal with it as well, don't let that discourage you.

However, that being said, I think the OEM LCI M-Sport front looks fantastic, and you shouldn't change it!
__________________
Reviews -|- HPB "Ultimate" LED Interior Kit -|- Noyka Cornering Bulbs -|- HPB 20W AE [OLD] -|- LUX H8 V4 -|- New Reviews Pending Vendor Approval
rollinstone157 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-05-2012, 12:39 PM   #49
mapleridge
Banned
 
Drives: E90 N52 AT
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC

Posts: 2,681
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollinstone157 View Post
Changing the liner and ducts isn't a huge deal--those who convert from regular to OEM/rep M-sport bumpers have to deal with it as well, don't let that discourage you.

However, that being said, I think the OEM LCI M-Sport front looks fantastic, and you shouldn't change it!
If it was a replica I would strongly consider selling it but its OEM. Plus my body shop can install without changing ducts.
mapleridge is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-05-2012, 06:56 PM   #50
myfly335
Lieutenant
 
myfly335's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 e90 sport pkg ALL BLACK
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Hicksville, New York

Posts: 493
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2011 BMW 335  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to myfly335
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleridge View Post
As mentioned before. The cars with msport bumpers have different fender liners and different ducts. You may be able to jimmy rig something up or you will have to change liners and ducts.

This thread is pure awesome!!! It fits perfectly. This seller is going to have a lot of customers quite soon. I haven't installed my msport bumper yet. I might sell it and get one of these bumpers....
no i dont have a a msport bumber just that my car was a sport package not M....i have the reg bumber that comes with the lci e90 will this m3 bumber fit that ???
myfly335 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-05-2012, 11:59 PM   #51
myfly335
Lieutenant
 
myfly335's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 e90 sport pkg ALL BLACK
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Hicksville, New York

Posts: 493
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2011 BMW 335  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to myfly335
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpax56 View Post
btw this is the seller i bought it from http://www.ebay.com/itm/140726412166...84.m1423.l2649
wait do you have a lci?
myfly335 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-06-2012, 12:00 AM   #52
BRGmatthew
Bausman
 
BRGmatthew's Avatar
 
Drives: around the block
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: SoCal 626/NorCal 650

Posts: 1,797
iTrader: (19)

Send a message via AIM to BRGmatthew
Quote:
Originally Posted by myfly335 View Post
wait do you have a lci?
yup
BRGmatthew is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-07-2012, 07:33 PM   #53
phazen23
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 335xi
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: washington state

Posts: 211
iTrader: (0)

I have an E90 pre-lci. Anyone know what would be required to make this fit? I know I'd have to replace the hood at a minimum, would I need to replace the fender liners and/or ducts? Trying to do an front end LCI upgrade (minus headlamps) on a budget =)

Thx
phazen23 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-07-2012, 11:51 PM   #54
mapleridge
Banned
 
Drives: E90 N52 AT
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC

Posts: 2,681
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by myfly335 View Post
no i dont have a a msport bumber just that my car was a sport package not M....i have the reg bumber that comes with the lci e90 will this m3 bumber fit that ???
Quote:
Originally Posted by phazen23 View Post
I have an E90 pre-lci. Anyone know what would be required to make this fit? I know I'd have to replace the hood at a minimum, would I need to replace the fender liners and/or ducts? Trying to do an front end LCI upgrade (minus headlamps) on a budget =)

Thx

bumper should work for both of you guys. myfly. you are bolt on for sure. Not sure about any 335 bits or ducts that might interfere though. You should be able to get by though.

Phazen. People to pre to lci bumper upgrades and don't change anything but the bumper so you should be fine too. you can get the bumper and cut lci grilles or zap strap the inners on your pre lci until you get the hood.
mapleridge is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-11-2012, 05:27 AM   #55
Sirahi5731
Private
 
Drives: 2011 335d DSB/Oyster
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: California

Posts: 51
iTrader: (1)

Hey Pimpax, just wondering if you have an update w/ pix on the wrap+install for your bumper -- i'm thinking about jumping on this bumper as well for my LCI E90, but their "sold as-is" claim on the ebay posting is kinda scary...

thanks for taking the leap on this one!
Sirahi5731 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-11-2012, 06:35 AM   #56
cssnms
Brigadier General
 
cssnms's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 BMW 335d
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Murland

Posts: 3,180
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by myfly335 View Post
wtf why dont it fit sport package
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleridge View Post
As mentioned before. The cars with msport bumpers have different fender liners and different ducts. You may be able to jimmy rig something up or you will have to change liners and ducts.

This thread is pure awesome!!! It fits perfectly. This seller is going to have a lot of customers quite soon. I haven't installed my msport bumper yet. I might sell it and get one of these bumpers....
Quote:
Originally Posted by rollinstone157 View Post
Changing the liner and ducts isn't a huge deal--those who convert from regular to OEM/rep M-sport bumpers have to deal with it as well, don't let that discourage you.

However, that being said, I think the OEM LCI M-Sport front looks fantastic, and you shouldn't change it!
True. You can buy all of the ducts, fender liners etc from Tischer.
cssnms is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-11-2012, 09:14 AM   #57
cssnms
Brigadier General
 
cssnms's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 BMW 335d
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Murland

Posts: 3,180
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpax56 View Post
btw this is the seller i bought it from http://www.ebay.com/itm/140726412166...84.m1423.l2649
Did you have an Mtech bumper to begin with or just stock oem bumper?

Have you officially installed it yet?
cssnms is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-16-2012, 07:14 PM   #58
shoopdawoop
Private
 
Drives: e90 335i lci sedan jet black
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: cupertino

Posts: 71
iTrader: (0)

in on this group buy
shoopdawoop is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-19-2012, 09:41 AM   #59
D-Raw
Private First Class
 
Drives: 335is
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New England

Posts: 135
iTrader: (0)

I wonder if any of our vendors aftermarket lips/splitters would fit on this bumper?
D-Raw is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-20-2012, 07:18 PM   #60
BRGmatthew
Bausman
 
BRGmatthew's Avatar
 
Drives: around the block
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: SoCal 626/NorCal 650

Posts: 1,797
iTrader: (19)

Send a message via AIM to BRGmatthew
Hey everyone,
sorry for not updating you but I havent had the chance to wrap my car just yet, but the person doing the wrap for me said he'd be able to wrap my car without removing my bumper. So I installed and screwed everything in. Basically the bumper fits PERFECTLY. Something I ran into(not really a problem) is since the m3 bumper kind of dips in the middle, I was only able to screw in the left and right side of the underskirt protector thing. The middle doesnt reach because of the dip. Also when I first installed the bumper, it wouldnt fit unless I took off my stock vents, it wasnt a problem for me because I bought the bumper with the vents so it was just a bit of r&r. I thought I'd mention it for those of you who want to buy the bumper with foglights and no vents, it might be a problem for you and you will probably have to take your stock vents off. I dont know if you understand what I'm talking about but I tried my best explaining. LOL. I can take more pics of the bumper, but it pretty much looks just like the ones before except I have grilles and the vents installed this time.
BRGmatthew is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-20-2012, 09:00 PM   #61
mapleridge
Banned
 
Drives: E90 N52 AT
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC

Posts: 2,681
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpax56 View Post
Hey everyone,
sorry for not updating you but I havent had the chance to wrap my car just yet, but the person doing the wrap for me said he'd be able to wrap my car without removing my bumper. So I installed and screwed everything in. Basically the bumper fits PERFECTLY. Something I ran into(not really a problem) is since the m3 bumper kind of dips in the middle, I was only able to screw in the left and right side of the underskirt protector thing. The middle doesnt reach because of the dip. Also when I first installed the bumper, it wouldnt fit unless I took off my stock vents, it wasnt a problem for me because I bought the bumper with the vents so it was just a bit of r&r. I thought I'd mention it for those of you who want to buy the bumper with foglights and no vents, it might be a problem for you and you will probably have to take your stock vents off. I dont know if you understand what I'm talking about but I tried my best explaining. LOL. I can take more pics of the bumper, but it pretty much looks just like the ones before except I have grilles and the vents installed this time.
pre and post wrap pics would be great. I'd like to see it all buttoned up. Basically you are talking about the stock brake ducts not fitting. Trimming them would likely work for those who wouldn't want to take them off but the air passages might be blocked by the bumper. Best bet is to buy the one with vents like yours.
mapleridge is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-21-2012, 08:52 PM   #62
cssnms
Brigadier General
 
cssnms's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 BMW 335d
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Murland

Posts: 3,180
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpax56 View Post
Hey everyone,
sorry for not updating you but I havent had the chance to wrap my car just yet, but the person doing the wrap for me said he'd be able to wrap my car without removing my bumper. So I installed and screwed everything in. Basically the bumper fits PERFECTLY. Something I ran into(not really a problem) is since the m3 bumper kind of dips in the middle, I was only able to screw in the left and right side of the underskirt protector thing. The middle doesnt reach because of the dip. Also when I first installed the bumper, it wouldnt fit unless I took off my stock vents, it wasnt a problem for me because I bought the bumper with the vents so it was just a bit of r&r. I thought I'd mention it for those of you who want to buy the bumper with foglights and no vents, it might be a problem for you and you will probably have to take your stock vents off. I dont know if you understand what I'm talking about but I tried my best explaining. LOL. I can take more pics of the bumper, but it pretty much looks just like the ones before except I have grilles and the vents installed this time.
cssnms is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-22-2012, 03:38 AM   #63
BRGmatthew
Bausman
 
BRGmatthew's Avatar
 
Drives: around the block
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: SoCal 626/NorCal 650

Posts: 1,797
iTrader: (19)

Send a message via AIM to BRGmatthew
Quote:
Originally Posted by cssnms View Post
there are pictures if you went through the thread. Everything is basically the same. Here is a picture with the grills
BRGmatthew is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-23-2012, 11:29 AM   #64
Njbimmer
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: 09 328xi
Join Date: May 2012
Location: New Jersey

Posts: 37
iTrader: (1)

this looks like a good buy. Im new to having a bmw and am trying to research bumpers .. For e90 lci non sport package this bumper should be good to go just get it sprayed and put on.. no fender liner modification needed?
Njbimmer is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-23-2012, 12:23 PM   #65
BRGmatthew
Bausman
 
BRGmatthew's Avatar
 
Drives: around the block
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: SoCal 626/NorCal 650

Posts: 1,797
iTrader: (19)

Send a message via AIM to BRGmatthew
Quote:
Originally Posted by Njbimmer View Post
this looks like a good buy. Im new to having a bmw and am trying to research bumpers .. For e90 lci non sport package this bumper should be good to go just get it sprayed and put on.. no fender liner modification needed?
nope no modifications, like i stated earlier, the underbody shield doesnt screw in completely (only 4-6 screws) because its too flat for the m3 bumper. And only 2/3 fender liner screws screw in
BRGmatthew is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-23-2012, 12:35 PM   #66
Njbimmer
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: 09 328xi
Join Date: May 2012
Location: New Jersey

Posts: 37
iTrader: (1)

i had an issue with this on a bumper on my old car, i used a zip tie on the bottom and it held it up no problems, and no one could tell or see it was a zip tie. I have been looking but i cant seem to find this bumper with fog lights like the pre lci bumpers come with that are sold by venders on here
Njbimmer is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:14 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST