E90Post
 


Lux Angel Eyes
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Recommend a hotel with parking close to Hammersmith!



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-09-2012, 08:49 PM   #1
Billyray911
Colonel
 
Billyray911's Avatar
 
Drives: 335d Msport,touring
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Mind your own business...no,really.

Posts: 2,655
iTrader: (6)

Thumbs up Recommend a hotel with parking close to Hammersmith!

As above,looking for a cheapish and cheerful hotel in the Hammersmith area.
Got to have parking.Am looking at the Novotel London west to give you an idea.Would prefer cheaper as its just an over nighter, but realise this is a long-shot!
One night will be 125 and on site parking is 1.50 per hour.
http://www.novotel.com/gb/hotel-0737...st/index.shtml
Am looking at various sites for suitable locations,but your recommendations would also be of use.
Billyray911 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      01-09-2012, 11:40 PM   #2
E92Fan
Moderator
 
E92Fan's Avatar
 
Drives: .
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: .

Posts: 5,492
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billyray911 View Post
As above,looking for a cheapish and cheerful hotel in the Hammersmith area.
Got to have parking.Am looking at the Novotel London west to give you an idea.Would prefer cheaper as its just an over nighter, but realise this is a long-shot!
One night will be 125 and on site parking is 1.50 per hour.
http://www.novotel.com/gb/hotel-0737...st/index.shtml
Am looking at various sites for suitable locations,but your recommendations would also be of use.
When will this be for? Weekend or weekday? Makes a big difference to what I suggest! And will you need to drive around Hammersmith or do you need to be within walking distance to a particular location? Bear in mind that the Hammersmith flyover on the A4 is totally shut, so traffic is normally gridlocked around there, even outside rush hour times.
E92Fan is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2012, 06:25 AM   #3
Billyray911
Colonel
 
Billyray911's Avatar
 
Drives: 335d Msport,touring
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Mind your own business...no,really.

Posts: 2,655
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92Fan View Post
When will this be for? Weekend or weekday? Makes a big difference to what I suggest! And will you need to drive around Hammersmith or do you need to be within walking distance to a particular location? Bear in mind that the Hammersmith flyover on the A4 is totally shut, so traffic is normally gridlocked around there, even outside rush hour times.
Thanks for the reply.I'll be going to the Apollo on March 10th-a Saturday.I want to be quite close to this venue.
I'll be driving there,parking up and using the the subway.
I may drive in and around the area if need be and will leave on the 11th.
Hope this gives you a better idea.
Billyray911 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2012, 07:09 AM   #4
Hotcoupe
Major General
 
Hotcoupe's Avatar
 
Drives: Don't know yet!
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: UK

Posts: 6,098
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
http://www.premierinn.com/en/checkHo...-putney-bridge

95.00 the night.
Parking (chargeable) on site.
Putney Bridge Tube just down the road,jump on the District Line to Earls Court and change to the Piccadilly Line to Hammersmith Broadway,ten minutes (ish).

Big bonus, depending on which way your coming in,you don't need to go anywhere near the Hammersmith flyover, although Putney's a mare to get through at the best of times!

Job done
Hotcoupe is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2012, 07:32 AM   #5
Billyray911
Colonel
 
Billyray911's Avatar
 
Drives: 335d Msport,touring
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Mind your own business...no,really.

Posts: 2,655
iTrader: (6)

Sounds nice and easy,will have a look at that one-cheers!
Billyray911 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2012, 10:28 AM   #6
Carrera RSR
Colonel
 
Carrera RSR's Avatar
 
Drives: E61 M Sport + 924 Turbo
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Location: Location:

Posts: 2,938
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotcoupe View Post
http://www.premierinn.com/en/checkHo...-putney-bridge

95.00 the night.
Parking (chargeable) on site.
Putney Bridge Tube just down the road,jump on the District Line to Earls Court and change to the Piccadilly Line to Hammersmith Broadway,ten minutes (ish).

Big bonus, depending on which way your coming in,you don't need to go anywhere near the Hammersmith flyover, although Putney's a mare to get through at the best of times!

Job done
Was an absolute shit tip when I last stayed there some years ago. Still looks like a shit tip from the outside when I drive past there now.
Carrera RSR is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2012, 11:41 AM   #7
Sir_Pigley
Captain
 
Sir_Pigley's Avatar
 
Drives: 525d M Sport
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Banbury

Posts: 843
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Send a message via Skype™ to Sir_Pigley
last time i was in london I sorted parking via parkatmyhouse.com and then i had a much freer choice of hotel to use.
Sir_Pigley is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2012, 11:56 AM   #8
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
 
dxb335d's Avatar
 
Drives: E46 M3 CS
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: ''Fandango Towers''

Posts: 29,262
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Parking at someone's house. Awesome!
__________________
M3 gone .... But I now have a M3 CS
dxb335d is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2012, 12:10 PM   #9
m@rk
Major
 
m@rk's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 520D SE
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Lincolnshire (sometimes)

Posts: 1,037
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Holiday Inn Express Hammersmith is an OK place for one night, has good parking (undercover) and is normally sensible money.
__________________
m@rk is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2012, 12:19 PM   #10
Hotcoupe
Major General
 
Hotcoupe's Avatar
 
Drives: Don't know yet!
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: UK

Posts: 6,098
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrera RSR View Post
Was an absolute shit tip when I last stayed there some years ago. Still looks like a shit tip from the outside when I drive past there now.
Admittedly it's been a good few years since I've stayed there,and every night I did stay I was legless so never noticed what the place was like

Besides,Billy's going to see Jack Whitehall,he'll be pissed before he arrives at the venue, and khyboshed when he gets back to his hotel room, which will be spinning and there will be two of everything,it will hardly matter
Hotcoupe is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2012, 12:44 PM   #11
Billyray911
Colonel
 
Billyray911's Avatar
 
Drives: 335d Msport,touring
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Mind your own business...no,really.

Posts: 2,655
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotcoupe View Post
Admittedly it's been a good few years since I've stayed there,and every night I did stay I was legless so never noticed what the place was like

Besides,Billy's going to see Jack Whitehall,he'll be pissed before he arrives at the venue, and khyboshed when he gets back to his hotel room, which will be spinning and there will be two of everything,it will hardly matter
How right you are!
I've just managed a trip to New York without getting eaten alive by bedbugs,so I'd rather not catch some rampant cock eating disease in London-I'm precious of what little I've got!
Billyray911 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2012, 04:57 PM   #12
ed335d
Major General
 
ed335d's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Surrey, UK

Posts: 6,897
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
57 e92 M3  [5.00]
2008 e92 335d  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billyray911 View Post
I'd rather not catch some rampant cock eating disease in London
Unless you're sharing a room with Will, chances are slim.
__________________
E92 M3, Jerez Black, Fox Red Novillo, 19'' M Double Spoke, folding mirrors, lumbar support, front seat heating, PDC, USB, DAB, EDC, Bluetooth, Logic 7, High Gloss Shadowline, big smile

Last edited by ed335d; 01-11-2012 at 01:16 AM.
ed335d is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2012, 06:16 PM   #13
Billyray911
Colonel
 
Billyray911's Avatar
 
Drives: 335d Msport,touring
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Mind your own business...no,really.

Posts: 2,655
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed335d View Post
Unless your sharing a room with Will, chances are slim.
Billyray911 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:26 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST