E90Post

N54Tuning.com

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Misfire in 6, already changed injector, plug, coil, reset, etc. Log attached

06-17-2017, 01:08 PM   #1
Faredo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i

Misfire in 6, already changed injector, plug, coil, reset, etc. Log attached

Only change made before this issue was FMIC install. Now im getting a code for misfire on 6. If i drive normal I get no misfire. If I lean into it ill miss every fire on 6. the car will idle rough and i have to restart the car and we are fine again.

Tried so far:

Reset all adaptations
unplugged battery for an hour
swapped plug and coil from cyl 6 to 1
swapped injector (month old index 12) from 6 to 5 then coded VIA INPA

Nothing changes the miss. Ive been searching all morning and i mostly come accross injector issues but like i said, ive swapped them 6 to 5. Miss is still in 6.

Log = http://www.datazap.me/u/massius/log-...11-12-16-17-24

Thanks for any help
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2017, 11:12 AM   #2
WTF?
Giggidy..
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i

Did you apply di-electric grease around the spark plug boot? Look up a video on YouTube about it. It works.
Appreciate 1
      06-18-2017, 11:29 AM   #3
shushikiary
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi

I didnt see any mention of your spark plug gap. VERY important when dealing with miss fires, and what plug you're using. If you changed the FMIC (and especially if you re-tuned for it) its likely the gap that's the issue.
BMS DCI, BMS OCC, VRSF stepped 5" FMIC, VRSF CP, VRSF DP's, SPEC stage 3+ and SMFW, PRW stage 3 LPFP, MHD custom E85 tune, solid motor mounts, RB PCV valve, SS brake lines, Prospeed RS683 brake fluid, Strongflex poly bushings, VTT inlets, M3 rear control arms, ECS trailing arms, turbo smart DV's, CP-E PI, VTT HS CP, UUC short shifter, custom solid transfer-case mount, RBTurbo vacuum side OCC, PRW upgraded ignition coils.
Appreciate 1
      06-18-2017, 03:07 PM   #4
Faredo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by shushikiary View Post
I didnt see any mention of your spark plug gap. VERY important when dealing with miss fires, and what plug you're using. If you changed the FMIC (and especially if you re-tuned for it) its likely the gap that's the issue.
It may or may not have been gap. No I didnt retune for it yet.

I went ahead and put all new plugs in (gapped 0.022) instead of my previous 1 to 6 swap and that solved it. Thanks for they replys fellas, now i need to chase down my timing pull issues and retune.
Appreciate 0