E90Post
 


GTB Performance
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > *Official* Active Autowerke Flash Thread



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-10-2012, 05:48 PM   #221
CombatNinja
Defender of the Universe
 
CombatNinja's Avatar
 
Drives: e91 328i, e90 328i, e90 335i
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: United States

Posts: 1,530
iTrader: (0)

So Active Autowerke guys,

Somebody in the BMW aftermarket world needs to step up and fill the niche of N52 tuning. Now that the N54/N55 tuning market has matured, the frenzy has died down and all the HPFPs are good and broken, it's time to go back and develop some products for the rest of the 3-series owners. It is a virtually untapped market right now. So how about starting with a 3-stage manifold conversion and software to run it? Oh well, the BMW aftermarket is getting ready to go apeshit over the new turbo four so I'm probably dreaming.
CombatNinja is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-10-2012, 05:59 PM   #222
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 435I M-sport
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Miami Fl

Posts: 3,215
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CombatNinja View Post
So Active Autowerke guys,

Somebody in the BMW aftermarket world needs to step up and fill the niche of N52 tuning. Now that the N54/N55 tuning market has matured, the frenzy has died down and all the HPFPs are good and broken, it's time to go back and develop some products for the rest of the 3-series owners. It is a virtually untapped market right now. So how about starting with a 3-stage manifold conversion and software to run it? Oh well, the BMW aftermarket is getting ready to go apeshit over the new turbo four so I'm probably dreaming.
Hold tight we are here for you.
__________________
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-10-2012, 06:48 PM   #223
gunnerxq
Captain
 
gunnerxq's Avatar
 
Drives: e90 "325i"
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Staten Island and Albany

Posts: 963
iTrader: (0)

How much Hp difference for a 325i with stage 1?
__________________
Bilstein shocks, eibach pro-kit springs, Remus exhaust, stage 3 intake manifold,Stage 2 AA tune, BMW Short shift kit.
gunnerxq is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-10-2012, 07:11 PM   #224
CombatNinja
Defender of the Universe
 
CombatNinja's Avatar
 
Drives: e91 328i, e90 328i, e90 335i
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: United States

Posts: 1,530
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew@ActiveAutowerke View Post
Hold tight we are here for you.
I would probably pay up to $5K for a 328i tuning program that featured:
*3-stage intake manifold conversion (all-new OEM parts)
*free-flowing exhaust including headers (that is where the power is for the N52 but there is no legitimate option out there with all respect to MMW)
*mild cams
*software to make it all work properly

This would give the end user a 285-300bhp/ 220-230 ft-lb 328i with reliability assured and very little fuel economy penalty provided the tune is mild with drivabilty/reliability taking precedence over maximum numbers.

Throw down a few thousand more for an LSD and M3 suspension bits and you have a very, very good argument for keeping your newly refreshed, reinvigorated e90 rather than purchasing something newer (think F30) and taking and equal hit of depreciation in the first year.

I'm fully aware that the future lies in downsized engines with turbocharging. That die has been long since cast. The fact remains, however, that tens of thousands of these N52 cars will be on the road for the next decade. The true, hardcore BMW enthusiasts will continue to gravitate to the N52 for a whole host of reasons. Somebody should capitalize on that.
CombatNinja is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-10-2012, 08:16 PM   #225
Go123
Enlisted Member
 
Go123's Avatar
 
Drives: 14 F30
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Arizona

Posts: 48
iTrader: (0)

Stage 2 tune flashed, but getting service engine soon light. Will this go away with use?
__________________

2014 M Sport
Go123 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-10-2012, 08:33 PM   #226
Go123
Enlisted Member
 
Go123's Avatar
 
Drives: 14 F30
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Arizona

Posts: 48
iTrader: (0)

SES light went out with driving, now time to enjoy the tune!
__________________

2014 M Sport
Go123 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-10-2012, 08:43 PM   #227
Hooy
Colonel
 
Hooy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 328i Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Houston, TX

Posts: 2,765
iTrader: (12)

Garage List
2008 E92 328  [2.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by onevrsix View Post
you really want something to watch

My Unitronic stage II GLI will roll on any n/a 3 series with whatever bolt on you can gets your paws on (Excluding the M3)...I take stock 335's by about a car
Quote:
Originally Posted by CombatNinja View Post
Please don't derail this thread with all this talk about your Jetta

The truth is in bold... no one cares lol!
__________________
Hooy is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-10-2012, 09:03 PM   #228
DESI4life10
Banned
 
DESI4life10's Avatar
 
Drives: Coding: Desi4life10@gmail.com
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: West of Toronto, Canada

Posts: 3,365
iTrader: (18)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CombatNinja View Post
I would probably pay up to $5K for a 328i tuning program that featured:
*3-stage intake manifold conversion (all-new OEM parts)
*free-flowing exhaust including headers (that is where the power is for the N52 but there is no legitimate option out there with all respect to MMW)
*mild cams
*software to make it all work properly

This would give the end user a 285-300bhp/ 220-230 ft-lb 328i with reliability assured and very little fuel economy penalty provided the tune is mild with drivabilty/reliability taking precedence over maximum numbers.

Throw down a few thousand more for an LSD and M3 suspension bits and you have a very, very good argument for keeping your newly refreshed, reinvigorated e90 rather than purchasing something newer (think F30) and taking and equal hit of depreciation in the first year.

I'm fully aware that the future lies in downsized engines with turbocharging. That die has been long since cast. The fact remains, however, that tens of thousands of these N52 cars will be on the road for the next decade. The true, hardcore BMW enthusiasts will continue to gravitate to the N52 for a whole host of reasons. Somebody should capitalize on that.
Very good point here.

This alone will really show what this n/a cars are capable of. AA is doing a great job looking to advance the current platform into something better.

The 3 stage alone feels amazing at low-mid range. Combining it with all the rest stated above will definately make this car soemthing different.

Keep it up AA.
DESI4life10 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      02-11-2012, 12:21 AM   #229
Volasko
Major
 
Volasko's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 E90 330i BSM 6MT ZSP
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Toronto

Posts: 1,042
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CombatNinja View Post
I would probably pay up to $5K for a 328i tuning program that featured:
*3-stage intake manifold conversion (all-new OEM parts)
*free-flowing exhaust including headers (that is where the power is for the N52 but there is no legitimate option out there with all respect to MMW)
*mild cams
*software to make it all work properly

This would give the end user a 285-300bhp/ 220-230 ft-lb 328i with reliability assured and very little fuel economy penalty provided the tune is mild with drivabilty/reliability taking precedence over maximum numbers.

Throw down a few thousand more for an LSD and M3 suspension bits and you have a very, very good argument for keeping your newly refreshed, reinvigorated e90 rather than purchasing something newer (think F30) and taking and equal hit of depreciation in the first year.

I'm fully aware that the future lies in downsized engines with turbocharging. That die has been long since cast. The fact remains, however, that tens of thousands of these N52 cars will be on the road for the next decade. The true, hardcore BMW enthusiasts will continue to gravitate to the N52 for a whole host of reasons. Somebody should capitalize on that.
That was an epic N52 speech
Volasko is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      02-11-2012, 02:43 AM   #230
RazRokz.!
Lieutenant
 
RazRokz.!'s Avatar
 
Drives: 07 JET BLACK BMW 328i
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: BELGIUM

Posts: 451
iTrader: (0)

Somewhere in this post AA said they've flashed at least ten 330's with the revised tune. I imagine that AA also had a dyno in-house. Why in gods name is it so hard for them to obtain a dyno showing the gains for their tune. Sorry if it sounds like I'm bashing, but what the hell?
__________________
l-2007 Jet Black E90-l-Heated Seats-l-Injen Short Ram Intake-l-Kicker Audio-l-Tablet Pc Integration-l-19" Avant Garde M310-l-Falken 452-l-Depo Projectors-l-Depo Blacklines-l-M3 Replica Front Bumper-l-Canbus HID Headlights & Foglights-l-20% Tint All Around-l
RazRokz.! is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-11-2012, 07:53 AM   #231
kudos
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2006 330i
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Florida

Posts: 472
iTrader: (2)

How much does this change sport mode in a 330i?
kudos is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-11-2012, 09:41 AM   #232
DESI4life10
Banned
 
DESI4life10's Avatar
 
Drives: Coding: Desi4life10@gmail.com
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: West of Toronto, Canada

Posts: 3,365
iTrader: (18)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazRokz.! View Post
Somewhere in this post AA said they've flashed at least ten 330's with the revised tune. I imagine that AA also had a dyno in-house. Why in gods name is it so hard for them to obtain a dyno showing the gains for their tune. Sorry if it sounds like I'm bashing, but what the hell?
Maybe it's because you cant read.

They posted a dyno on the 330 in the last 2-3 pages. Try that out before assuming.
DESI4life10 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      02-11-2012, 11:47 AM   #233
MaximusJ
Colonel
 
MaximusJ's Avatar
 
Drives: 325i 2006
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Quebec, Canada

Posts: 2,122
iTrader: (19)

Garage List
'06 E90  [3.72]
Next monday (feb 20th), I should be able to hop on the dyno with this new software.

My numbers so far:
Stage 0 : 176 whp
Stage 1 : 221,7 whp (W/intake manifold, PE and PI)
Stage 2 : ??? Stay tuned
MaximusJ is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      02-11-2012, 11:54 AM   #234
RazRokz.!
Lieutenant
 
RazRokz.!'s Avatar
 
Drives: 07 JET BLACK BMW 328i
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: BELGIUM

Posts: 451
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DESI4life10 View Post
Maybe it's because you cant read.

They posted a dyno on the 330 in the last 2-3 pages. Try that out before assuming.
I remember that dyno. They said they had trouble with the car because it had an aftermarket intake or something. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew@ActiveAutowerke View Post
We did a bunch of pulls 3rd gear and 4th with out our tune (stock tune). There are two massive dips in the Hp and Tq so we are trying to fix that first. Car has a fujita intake on it so that could be the problem.

Fingers Crossed.
__________________
l-2007 Jet Black E90-l-Heated Seats-l-Injen Short Ram Intake-l-Kicker Audio-l-Tablet Pc Integration-l-19" Avant Garde M310-l-Falken 452-l-Depo Projectors-l-Depo Blacklines-l-M3 Replica Front Bumper-l-Canbus HID Headlights & Foglights-l-20% Tint All Around-l
RazRokz.! is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-11-2012, 12:58 PM   #235
gunnerxq
Captain
 
gunnerxq's Avatar
 
Drives: e90 "325i"
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Staten Island and Albany

Posts: 963
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximusJ View Post
Next monday (feb 20th), I should be able to hop on the dyno with this new software.

My numbers so far:
Stage 0 : 176 whp
Stage 1 : 221,7 whp (W/intake manifold, PE and PI)
Stage 2 : ??? Stay tuned
Thank you someone finally with a 325i is going to dyno their car. Can't wait to see the results.
__________________
Bilstein shocks, eibach pro-kit springs, Remus exhaust, stage 3 intake manifold,Stage 2 AA tune, BMW Short shift kit.
gunnerxq is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-11-2012, 01:27 PM   #236
MaximusJ
Colonel
 
MaximusJ's Avatar
 
Drives: 325i 2006
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Quebec, Canada

Posts: 2,122
iTrader: (19)

Garage List
'06 E90  [3.72]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnerxq View Post
Thank you someone finally with a 325i is going to dyno their car. Can't wait to see the results.
My stage 1 dyno is on the forum since oct. 1st!

AA even used my video and my dyno sheet when Andrew first started advertizing on the forum.
MaximusJ is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      02-11-2012, 02:58 PM   #237
RazRokz.!
Lieutenant
 
RazRokz.!'s Avatar
 
Drives: 07 JET BLACK BMW 328i
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: BELGIUM

Posts: 451
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximusJ View Post
Next monday (feb 20th), I should be able to hop on the dyno with this new software.

My numbers so far:
Stage 0 : 176 whp
Stage 1 : 221,7 whp (W/intake manifold, PE and PI)
Stage 2 : ??? Stay tuned
O man, Add a set of catless headers and you'd probably have the fastest BMW on e90post.!
__________________
l-2007 Jet Black E90-l-Heated Seats-l-Injen Short Ram Intake-l-Kicker Audio-l-Tablet Pc Integration-l-19" Avant Garde M310-l-Falken 452-l-Depo Projectors-l-Depo Blacklines-l-M3 Replica Front Bumper-l-Canbus HID Headlights & Foglights-l-20% Tint All Around-l
RazRokz.! is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-11-2012, 03:10 PM   #238
yomny
Second Lieutenant
 
yomny's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 335is 6spd
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South Florida

Posts: 200
iTrader: (0)

Will be going in soon to get a custom dyno tune on my 328i w/AFe cai. Hope to get a good boost from a custom tune, since i know the intake doesn't do much.
yomny is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-11-2012, 04:24 PM   #239
nycbr
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2008 TiAg 328xi
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: nu yawk

Posts: 205
iTrader: (0)

no disrepect but why develop the stage 2 for the 325/330 that were only available for one year in this country and not for the 328 [N51 and N52] that was available for 6 years?
nycbr is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-11-2012, 04:43 PM   #240
gunnerxq
Captain
 
gunnerxq's Avatar
 
Drives: e90 "325i"
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Staten Island and Albany

Posts: 963
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximusJ View Post
My stage 1 dyno is on the forum since oct. 1st!

AA even used my video and my dyno sheet when Andrew first started advertizing on the forum.
I saw stage 1 results that's why I got stage 1 last year. Now I'm just waiting results for stage 2 for a 325i. I'm probably going to get it anyway I just want it to justify my purchase.
__________________
Bilstein shocks, eibach pro-kit springs, Remus exhaust, stage 3 intake manifold,Stage 2 AA tune, BMW Short shift kit.
gunnerxq is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-11-2012, 04:44 PM   #241
CombatNinja
Defender of the Universe
 
CombatNinja's Avatar
 
Drives: e91 328i, e90 328i, e90 335i
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: United States

Posts: 1,530
iTrader: (0)

That's what I don't understand. It has to be a 10:1 ratio of 328 to 330/325. There must be something about the 328 ECU...
CombatNinja is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-11-2012, 04:45 PM   #242
gunnerxq
Captain
 
gunnerxq's Avatar
 
Drives: e90 "325i"
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Staten Island and Albany

Posts: 963
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycbr View Post
no disrepect but why develop the stage 2 for the 325/330 that were only available for one year in this country and not for the 328 [N51 and N52] that was available for 6 years?
330i > 328i that's why. 325i is the same it just needs a good tune.
__________________
Bilstein shocks, eibach pro-kit springs, Remus exhaust, stage 3 intake manifold,Stage 2 AA tune, BMW Short shift kit.
gunnerxq is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:52 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST