E90Post

European Auto Source

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > *Official* Active Autowerke Flash Thread

07-24-2012, 12:20 PM   #1013
jkrew

Drives: 2007 328i Sedan

Does Active Autowerke (or anybody else) have dyno charts available for a 330i (or a 325i/328i retrofitted with the stage 3 intake manifold) w/stage 2 tune?

This would be very helpfull to all the 325i/328i er's considering the 3 stage intake manifold retrofit combined with the AA stage 2 tune.
jkrew is offline   United_States
      08-02-2012, 09:15 PM   #1014
uweric5985
Private First Class

Drives: BMW E90 LCI 323i

Garage List
2009 BMW 323i  [4.75]
Ordered the Simon tool combo, can't wait to get tune!
      08-14-2012, 09:47 AM   #1015
RupertPupkin
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: Freak Beast

Andrew,
On your Facebook page it shows %20 off on software. Does that apply to this and would VAc know about the pricing? Does the total include install out the door or is that extra? What info do you need to do the tune with regards to mods?
RupertPupkin is offline   United_States
      08-14-2012, 09:55 AM   #1016
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

Drives: 2014 435I M-sport

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=729180

Just have them give me a call in regards to the sale price.

We need the list of modifications and octane used.

Last edited by Andrew@ActiveAutowerke; 08-14-2012 at 10:14 AM.
      08-14-2012, 10:19 AM   #1017
andrey_gta
Colonel

Drives: 130i coupé ;)

Garage List
2008 BMW 128i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew@ActiveAutowerke View Post
Nice deal,

Does it apply to Canadians as well? Toronto Area

Is there a tune for No Secondary cat with a higher volume exhaust?

Would an AA dealer finetune the software & communicate with you? or is Simon tool better option

"The 1-series is the last car that BMW engineered before the Germans, as a car-making culture, fell out of love with driving." - R&T 2013 135is

Last edited by andrey_gta; 08-14-2012 at 10:27 AM.
andrey_gta is offline   Canada
      08-14-2012, 03:02 PM   #1018
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

Drives: 2014 435I M-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrey_gta View Post
Nice deal,

Does it apply to Canadians as well? Toronto Area

Is there a tune for No Secondary cat with a higher volume exhaust?

Would an AA dealer finetune the software & communicate with you? or is Simon tool better option
yes

Yes catalytic removal is an option it is $200 more.

If the car is on a a dyno we will work with the dealer.
      08-14-2012, 03:27 PM   #1019
Mike@VAC
Captain

Drives: E92 M3 VF Supercharged, 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RupertPupkin View Post
Andrew,
On your Facebook page it shows %20 off on software. Does that apply to this and would VAc know about the pricing? Does the total include install out the door or is that extra? What info do you need to do the tune with regards to mods?
Yes, we can help
      08-14-2012, 03:48 PM   #1020
RupertPupkin
Lieutenant Colonel

Can you PM me the price out the door for the Stage 2 Tune like Rob has with the silver 330? (TSM330i)

Im in West Chester so maybe can arrange something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@VAC View Post
Yes, we can help
      08-14-2012, 08:53 PM   #1021
TSM330i
2006 330i, TSM, Black, manual, sport

Drives: E90 330i, E86 Z4 3.0si

Quote:
Can you PM me the price out the door for the Stage 2 Tune like Rob has with the silver 330? (TSM330i)

Im in West Chester so maybe can arrange something.
Mike will take care of you. They did a great job with the install and dyno of my car!
2006 330i, TSM, Black, Sport, JIC Cross Coil-Overs, UUC Sways, 18" Advan RS, Mich PSS 255/265, BMW Electric Steering Wheel, Rogue shifter, M-Tech front, CF emblems, Dinan TB, Intake, exhaust, strut bar, Stoptech BBK, LSD, M3 susp., LUX 5, CF Hood and CSL, Sparco Seats, AA tune, CF Roof
TSM330i is online now   United_States
      08-15-2012, 08:17 AM   #1022
MaximusJ
Colonel

Drives: 325i 2006

Garage List
'06 E90  [3.72]
I run the stage 2 mapping and I see some XI's getting as much whp with their same exact setup then my RWD. Total non sense. On the top of it, their dyno was supposedly done on worst conditions and mine was done under optimal conditions. I know dyno are not all reading properly, but the two dyno i'm referring about are not supposed to exagerate numbers. So those two dynos should be ok to be compared.

How's that possible? We're talking about 25-30 ponies that are missing. I should say that AA worked physically on my ECU and it was flashed and shipped back. Should I visit a retailer who will take the time to put the car on a dyno and fine tune the software?

I think that's pretty much the only was to find out whats going on.
MaximusJ is offline   Canada
      08-15-2012, 08:20 AM   #1023
RupertPupkin
Lieutenant Colonel

Yea I cant believe how the one guy on a thread here has a 328XI with 3 stage manfifold added and is putting down those numbers then a 6MT 330 tuned is doing the same. Ive been wondering how this is the case since people started putting up dynos. The xi should be considerably less at the wheels than RWD and I would think AT would have less than 6MT. Doesnt make any sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximusJ View Post
I run the stage 2 mapping and I see some XI's getting as much whp with their same exact setup then my RWD. Total non sense. On the top of it, their dyno was supposedly done on worst conditions and mine was done under optimal conditions. I know dyno are not all reading properly, but the two dyno i'm referring about are not supposed to exagerate numbers. So those two dynos should be ok to be compared.

How's that possible? We're talking about 25-30 ponies that are missing. I should say that AA worked physically on my ECU and it was flashed and shipped back. Should I visit a retailer who will take the time to put the car on a dyno and fine tune the software?

I think that's pretty much the only was to find out whats going on.
      08-15-2012, 08:48 AM   #1024
3002 tii
Major General

Drives: flat out

Garage List
Quote:
Yea I cant believe how the one guy on a thread here has a 328XI with 3 stage manfifold added and is putting down those numbers then a 6MT 330 tuned is doing the same. Ive been wondering how this is the case since people started putting up dynos. The xi should be considerably less at the wheels than RWD and I would think AT would have less than 6MT. Doesnt make any sense.
Different dynos on different days, times, etc read differently. Only way you can compare the 2 cars is to have them both dyno same place and same time. Else, you should be looking at nothing more than the deltas from the respective dyno runs.

Recaro | Volk | AST | Vorshlag | Quaife | Stoptech | Active Autowerke | BMW Performance

Click here for my track videos
3002 tii is offline   United_States
      08-15-2012, 08:51 AM   #1025
RupertPupkin
Lieutenant Colonel

I understand that, but even so it shouldnt be as close as it is between a 330 6mt and a AT 328xi. Maybe x drive is very efficient or something or maybe the 6mt 330 was making no power.

Wish more 6mt were on this board. Im going to get mine dynoed in the near future after my tune and diff swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSC_OFF View Post
Different dynos on different days, times, etc read differently. Only way you can compare the 2 cars is to have them both dyno same place and same time. Else, you should be looking at nothing more than the deltas from the respective dyno runs.
      08-15-2012, 08:59 AM   #1026
3002 tii
Major General

Garage List
Quote:
I understand that, but even so it shouldnt be as close as it is between a 330 6mt and a AT 328xi. Maybe x drive is very efficient or something or maybe the 6mt 330 was making no power.

Wish more 6mt were on this board. Im going to get mine dynoed in the near future after my tune and diff swap
NO it can be that close b/c certain dynos read way lower than others. Not to mention, half the dyno's I've seen on this forum were done incorrectly, wrong gear, traction on/off, wrong SAE correction factors, comparing adjusted vs unadjusted. And then of course, my original point of ambient temps, humidity can really affect results.

I plan on making my way down to VAC soon. Although not an e90, my Z4 3.0si has the same motor as the e90 330i. It's also a 6mt. If anyone with a 328i/xi wants to come down and dyno the same day as me, feel free to hit me up.

Recaro | Volk | AST | Vorshlag | Quaife | Stoptech | Active Autowerke | BMW Performance

08-15-2012, 09:20 AM   #1027
RupertPupkin
Lieutenant Colonel

True have seen that most of these runs were very incorrect. Interested to see your dyno. What is done to your car? Any tune or anything? Im a 330 6MT.

Quote:
NO it can be that close b/c certain dynos read way lower than others. Not to mention, half the dyno's I've seen on this forum were done incorrectly, wrong gear, traction on/off, wrong SAE correction factors, comparing adjusted vs unadjusted. And then of course, my original point of ambient temps, humidity can really affect results.

I plan on making my way down to VAC soon. Although not an e90, my Z4 3.0si has the same motor as the e90 330i. It's also a 6mt. If anyone with a 328i/xi wants to come down and dyno the same day as me, feel free to hit me up.
      08-15-2012, 09:29 AM   #1028
upstatedoc
Drone Expert

Drives: '09 BMW 328ix

Quote:
Yes, we can help
Mike, you can do the AA tuning in Philly!?
      08-15-2012, 09:48 AM   #1029
3002 tii
Major General

Garage List
Quote:
True have seen that most of these runs were very incorrect. Interested to see your dyno. What is done to your car? Any tune or anything? Im a 330 6MT.
Most of my modifications are suspension/braking. Motor is stock, the only things that are motor "related" but almost certainly negligible in terms of gains are rpi scoop I got secondhand and an exhaust (midpipe & muffler, still resonated).

08-15-2012, 09:59 AM   #1030
Mike@VAC
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
Mike, you can do the AA tuning in Philly!?
Yessir, we have done many here already. We have been an AA dealer for a long time as they have the best tunes on the market in our opinion. A few E9X 325/328/330 cars were dynoed too, so you can compare against them. Different days/weather conditions but it will be a little closer.

I'm def open to a few cars coming on the same day for dyno runs. Need to schedule well in advance though!

These cars have AA tunes:
AT 328i

MT 330i

Last edited by Mike@VAC; 08-15-2012 at 10:04 AM.
      08-15-2012, 10:07 AM   #1031
RupertPupkin
Lieutenant Colonel

Nice list. I assume you track alot. I did the scoop thing figured it couldnt hurt, just did coils and Swift springs which are a huge handling improvement. You doing the AA tune? I want a real unbiased review.

Quote:
Most of my modifications are suspension/braking. Motor is stock, the only things that are motor "related" but almost certainly negligible in terms of gains are rpi scoop I got secondhand and an exhaust (midpipe & muffler, still resonated).
      08-15-2012, 10:18 AM   #1032
Mike@VAC
Captain

Rupert - you may be overthinking this a bit. Every tune we have done has resulted in nice peak power gains and nice gains across the range. Throttle response is improved as well. For the $$$ this is the best mod you can do for the 325/8/30 in my opinion. Sure, you can say I am biased, but I am not. We have been at this far to long to swindle people into spending $500... this tune simply works really well - nothing else to say.
      08-15-2012, 10:25 AM   #1033
RupertPupkin
Lieutenant Colonel

Yea I guess I am. It's just tough to part with 5 beans if it turns out to not be much of an improvement. Maybe I should just do it and see for myself. PM me best price installed out the door with that %20 special AA is running right now.

Quote:
Rupert - you may be overthinking this a bit. Every tune we have done has resulted in nice peak power gains and nice gains across the range. Throttle response is improved as well. For the $$$ this is the best mod you can do for the 325/8/30 in my opinion. Sure, you can say I am biased, but I am not. We have been at this far to long to swindle people into spending $500... this tune simply works really well - nothing else to say.
      08-15-2012, 10:37 AM   #1034
TSM330i
2006 330i, TSM, Black, manual, sport

Drives: E90 330i, E86 Z4 3.0si

Quote:
Yea I guess I am. It's just tough to part with 5 beans if it turns out to not be much of an improvement. Maybe I should just do it and see for myself. PM me best price installed out the door with that %20 special AA is running right now.
Jimmy, go for it!

You can not compare dynos at all. Just compare your cars results before and after.

My car did not yield a ton of HP, but the difference in the way my car drives is a definite improvement. Mid range is so much beefier and it really pulls hard all the way to the new 7,000rpm redline. VAC's dyno is notoriously tight too.
2006 330i, TSM, Black, Sport, JIC Cross Coil-Overs, UUC Sways, 18" Advan RS, Mich PSS 255/265, BMW Electric Steering Wheel, Rogue shifter, M-Tech front, CF emblems, Dinan TB, Intake, exhaust, strut bar, Stoptech BBK, LSD, M3 susp., LUX 5, CF Hood and CSL, Sparco Seats, AA tune, CF Roof
TSM330i is online now   United_States