E90Post
 


Bimmer Retrofit
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > *Official* Active Autowerke Flash Thread



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-24-2012, 12:20 PM   #1013
jkrew
New Member
United_States
1
Rep
14
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 328i Sedan
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Denver

iTrader: (0)

Does Active Autowerke (or anybody else) have dyno charts available for a 330i (or a 325i/328i retrofitted with the stage 3 intake manifold) w/stage 2 tune?

This would be very helpfull to all the 325i/328i er's considering the 3 stage intake manifold retrofit combined with the AA stage 2 tune.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2012, 09:15 PM   #1014
uweric5985
Private First Class
uweric5985's Avatar
7
Rep
137
Posts

 
Drives: BMW E90 LCI 323i
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Macau, China

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2009 BMW 323i  [4.75]
Ordered the Simon tool combo, can't wait to get tune!
__________________
Performance: K&N High Flow Air Filter | AA Tune Stage 2 | SuperSprint Quad Exhaust
Handling: KW V2 | AP Racing 5200 4 Pots Front Calipers with 330mm J-Hook Drilled Disc | Matt Black 19" Advan RZ-DF
Cosmetic: Gloss Black Roof | Gloss Black Front Grilles | M3 Style Trunk Spoiler | Performance Front | M-Tech Rear Bumper | M-Tech Steering Wheel
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2012, 09:47 AM   #1015
RupertPupkin
Lieutenant Colonel
RupertPupkin's Avatar
United_States
24
Rep
1,534
Posts

 
Drives: Freak Beast
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East

iTrader: (5)

Andrew,
On your Facebook page it shows %20 off on software. Does that apply to this and would VAc know about the pricing? Does the total include install out the door or is that extra? What info do you need to do the tune with regards to mods?
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2012, 09:55 AM   #1016
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke's Avatar
91
Rep
3,584
Posts


 
Drives: 2014 435I M-sport
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Miami Fl

iTrader: (5)

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=729180

Just have them give me a call in regards to the sale price.

We need the list of modifications and octane used.
__________________

Last edited by Andrew@ActiveAutowerke; 08-14-2012 at 10:14 AM.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2012, 10:19 AM   #1017
andrey_gta
Brigadier General
andrey_gta's Avatar
Canada
54
Rep
3,388
Posts

 
Drives: 130i coupé ;)
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bimmerpost

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 BMW 128i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew@ActiveAutowerke View Post
Nice deal,

Does it apply to Canadians as well? Toronto Area

Is there a tune for No Secondary cat with a higher volume exhaust?

Would an AA dealer finetune the software & communicate with you? or is Simon tool better option
__________________
128i Sport 6MT converted to Euro 130i spec, tuned by evolve ~220 whp 207 wtq(ft-lb) SAE
In-progress: e36M lip Wishlist: //M front arm, coils, n55 eng mnt, headers, LSD, e60 finn diff


"The 1-series is the last car that BMW engineered before the Germans, as a car-making culture, fell out of love with driving." - R&T 2013 135is

Last edited by andrey_gta; 08-14-2012 at 10:27 AM.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2012, 03:02 PM   #1018
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke's Avatar
91
Rep
3,584
Posts


 
Drives: 2014 435I M-sport
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Miami Fl

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrey_gta View Post
Nice deal,

Does it apply to Canadians as well? Toronto Area

Is there a tune for No Secondary cat with a higher volume exhaust?

Would an AA dealer finetune the software & communicate with you? or is Simon tool better option
yes

Yes catalytic removal is an option it is $200 more.


If the car is on a a dyno we will work with the dealer.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2012, 03:27 PM   #1019
Brian_VACsales
Captain
Brian_VACsales's Avatar
66
Rep
951
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3 VF Supercharged, 135i
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Philadelphia, PA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RupertPupkin View Post
Andrew,
On your Facebook page it shows %20 off on software. Does that apply to this and would VAc know about the pricing? Does the total include install out the door or is that extra? What info do you need to do the tune with regards to mods?
Yes, we can help
__________________
Brian Casella
Sales Representative, VAC Motorsports
Office: 215.462.4666 | Fax: 215.462.4667 | Email: brian@vacmotorsports.com
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2012, 03:48 PM   #1020
RupertPupkin
Lieutenant Colonel
RupertPupkin's Avatar
United_States
24
Rep
1,534
Posts

 
Drives: Freak Beast
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East

iTrader: (5)

Can you PM me the price out the door for the Stage 2 Tune like Rob has with the silver 330? (TSM330i)

Im in West Chester so maybe can arrange something.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@VAC View Post
Yes, we can help
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2012, 08:53 PM   #1021
TSM330i
2006 330i, TSM, Black, manual, sport
TSM330i's Avatar
United_States
74
Rep
3,134
Posts

 
Drives: E90 330i, E86 Z4 3.0si
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Chester Springs, PA

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RupertPupkin View Post
Can you PM me the price out the door for the Stage 2 Tune like Rob has with the silver 330? (TSM330i)

Im in West Chester so maybe can arrange something.
Mike will take care of you. They did a great job with the install and dyno of my car!
__________________
2006 330i, TSM, Black, Sport, JIC Cross Coil-Overs, UUC Sways, 18" Advan RS, Mich PSS 255/265, BMW Electric Steering Wheel, Rogue shifter, M-Tech front, CF emblems, Dinan TB, Intake, exhaust, strut bar, Stoptech BBK, LSD, M3 susp., LUX 5, CF Hood and CSL, Sparco Seats, AA tune, CF Roof
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2012, 08:17 AM   #1022
MaximusJ
Colonel
MaximusJ's Avatar
Canada
38
Rep
2,122
Posts

 
Drives: 325i 2006
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Quebec, Canada

iTrader: (19)

Garage List
'06 E90  [3.72]
I run the stage 2 mapping and I see some XI's getting as much whp with their same exact setup then my RWD. Total non sense. On the top of it, their dyno was supposedly done on worst conditions and mine was done under optimal conditions. I know dyno are not all reading properly, but the two dyno i'm referring about are not supposed to exagerate numbers. So those two dynos should be ok to be compared.

How's that possible? We're talking about 25-30 ponies that are missing. I should say that AA worked physically on my ECU and it was flashed and shipped back. Should I visit a retailer who will take the time to put the car on a dyno and fine tune the software?

I think that's pretty much the only was to find out whats going on.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2012, 08:20 AM   #1023
RupertPupkin
Lieutenant Colonel
RupertPupkin's Avatar
United_States
24
Rep
1,534
Posts

 
Drives: Freak Beast
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East

iTrader: (5)

Yea I cant believe how the one guy on a thread here has a 328XI with 3 stage manfifold added and is putting down those numbers then a 6MT 330 tuned is doing the same. Ive been wondering how this is the case since people started putting up dynos. The xi should be considerably less at the wheels than RWD and I would think AT would have less than 6MT. Doesnt make any sense.






Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximusJ View Post
I run the stage 2 mapping and I see some XI's getting as much whp with their same exact setup then my RWD. Total non sense. On the top of it, their dyno was supposedly done on worst conditions and mine was done under optimal conditions. I know dyno are not all reading properly, but the two dyno i'm referring about are not supposed to exagerate numbers. So those two dynos should be ok to be compared.

How's that possible? We're talking about 25-30 ponies that are missing. I should say that AA worked physically on my ECU and it was flashed and shipped back. Should I visit a retailer who will take the time to put the car on a dyno and fine tune the software?

I think that's pretty much the only was to find out whats going on.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2012, 08:48 AM   #1024
3002 tii
Major General
3002 tii's Avatar
United_States
145
Rep
8,617
Posts

 
Drives: flat out
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NNJ

iTrader: (50)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RupertPupkin View Post
Yea I cant believe how the one guy on a thread here has a 328XI with 3 stage manfifold added and is putting down those numbers then a 6MT 330 tuned is doing the same. Ive been wondering how this is the case since people started putting up dynos. The xi should be considerably less at the wheels than RWD and I would think AT would have less than 6MT. Doesnt make any sense.
Different dynos on different days, times, etc read differently. Only way you can compare the 2 cars is to have them both dyno same place and same time. Else, you should be looking at nothing more than the deltas from the respective dyno runs.
__________________

Recaro | Volk | AST | Vorshlag | Quaife | Stoptech | Active Autowerke | BMW Performance

Click here for my track videos
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2012, 08:51 AM   #1025
RupertPupkin
Lieutenant Colonel
RupertPupkin's Avatar
United_States
24
Rep
1,534
Posts

 
Drives: Freak Beast
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East

iTrader: (5)

I understand that, but even so it shouldnt be as close as it is between a 330 6mt and a AT 328xi. Maybe x drive is very efficient or something or maybe the 6mt 330 was making no power.

Wish more 6mt were on this board. Im going to get mine dynoed in the near future after my tune and diff swap




Quote:
Originally Posted by DSC_OFF View Post
Different dynos on different days, times, etc read differently. Only way you can compare the 2 cars is to have them both dyno same place and same time. Else, you should be looking at nothing more than the deltas from the respective dyno runs.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2012, 08:59 AM   #1026
3002 tii
Major General
3002 tii's Avatar
United_States
145
Rep
8,617
Posts

 
Drives: flat out
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NNJ

iTrader: (50)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RupertPupkin View Post
I understand that, but even so it shouldnt be as close as it is between a 330 6mt and a AT 328xi. Maybe x drive is very efficient or something or maybe the 6mt 330 was making no power.

Wish more 6mt were on this board. Im going to get mine dynoed in the near future after my tune and diff swap
NO it can be that close b/c certain dynos read way lower than others. Not to mention, half the dyno's I've seen on this forum were done incorrectly, wrong gear, traction on/off, wrong SAE correction factors, comparing adjusted vs unadjusted. And then of course, my original point of ambient temps, humidity can really affect results.

I plan on making my way down to VAC soon. Although not an e90, my Z4 3.0si has the same motor as the e90 330i. It's also a 6mt. If anyone with a 328i/xi wants to come down and dyno the same day as me, feel free to hit me up.
__________________

Recaro | Volk | AST | Vorshlag | Quaife | Stoptech | Active Autowerke | BMW Performance

Click here for my track videos
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2012, 09:20 AM   #1027
RupertPupkin
Lieutenant Colonel
RupertPupkin's Avatar
United_States
24
Rep
1,534
Posts

 
Drives: Freak Beast
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East

iTrader: (5)

True have seen that most of these runs were very incorrect. Interested to see your dyno. What is done to your car? Any tune or anything? Im a 330 6MT.




Quote:
Originally Posted by DSC_OFF View Post
NO it can be that close b/c certain dynos read way lower than others. Not to mention, half the dyno's I've seen on this forum were done incorrectly, wrong gear, traction on/off, wrong SAE correction factors, comparing adjusted vs unadjusted. And then of course, my original point of ambient temps, humidity can really affect results.

I plan on making my way down to VAC soon. Although not an e90, my Z4 3.0si has the same motor as the e90 330i. It's also a 6mt. If anyone with a 328i/xi wants to come down and dyno the same day as me, feel free to hit me up.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2012, 09:29 AM   #1028
upstatedoc
Drone Expert
upstatedoc's Avatar
53
Rep
1,592
Posts

 
Drives: '09 BMW 328ix
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NY

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@VAC View Post
Yes, we can help
Mike, you can do the AA tuning in Philly!?
__________________
2014 S.S. P938 Nightmare
2014 Dodge Durango R/T //Diablosports Tuning
2009 E90 N51 /Active Autowerke Stage 2 tune/BMW Performance Exhaust/
1993 Honda Nighthawk 750
Countermeasure enthusiast.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2012, 09:48 AM   #1029
3002 tii
Major General
3002 tii's Avatar
United_States
145
Rep
8,617
Posts

 
Drives: flat out
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NNJ

iTrader: (50)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RupertPupkin View Post
True have seen that most of these runs were very incorrect. Interested to see your dyno. What is done to your car? Any tune or anything? Im a 330 6MT.
Most of my modifications are suspension/braking. Motor is stock, the only things that are motor "related" but almost certainly negligible in terms of gains are rpi scoop I got secondhand and an exhaust (midpipe & muffler, still resonated).
__________________

Recaro | Volk | AST | Vorshlag | Quaife | Stoptech | Active Autowerke | BMW Performance

Click here for my track videos
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2012, 09:59 AM   #1030
Brian_VACsales
Captain
Brian_VACsales's Avatar
66
Rep
951
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3 VF Supercharged, 135i
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Philadelphia, PA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
Mike, you can do the AA tuning in Philly!?
Yessir, we have done many here already. We have been an AA dealer for a long time as they have the best tunes on the market in our opinion. A few E9X 325/328/330 cars were dynoed too, so you can compare against them. Different days/weather conditions but it will be a little closer.

I'm def open to a few cars coming on the same day for dyno runs. Need to schedule well in advance though!

These cars have AA tunes:
AT 328i


MT 330i
__________________
Brian Casella
Sales Representative, VAC Motorsports
Office: 215.462.4666 | Fax: 215.462.4667 | Email: brian@vacmotorsports.com

Last edited by Brian_VACsales; 08-15-2012 at 10:04 AM.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2012, 10:07 AM   #1031
RupertPupkin
Lieutenant Colonel
RupertPupkin's Avatar
United_States
24
Rep
1,534
Posts

 
Drives: Freak Beast
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East

iTrader: (5)

Nice list. I assume you track alot. I did the scoop thing figured it couldnt hurt, just did coils and Swift springs which are a huge handling improvement. You doing the AA tune? I want a real unbiased review.


Quote:
Originally Posted by DSC_OFF View Post
Most of my modifications are suspension/braking. Motor is stock, the only things that are motor "related" but almost certainly negligible in terms of gains are rpi scoop I got secondhand and an exhaust (midpipe & muffler, still resonated).
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2012, 10:18 AM   #1032
Brian_VACsales
Captain
Brian_VACsales's Avatar
66
Rep
951
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3 VF Supercharged, 135i
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Philadelphia, PA

iTrader: (0)

Rupert - you may be overthinking this a bit. Every tune we have done has resulted in nice peak power gains and nice gains across the range. Throttle response is improved as well. For the $$$ this is the best mod you can do for the 325/8/30 in my opinion. Sure, you can say I am biased, but I am not. We have been at this far to long to swindle people into spending $500... this tune simply works really well - nothing else to say.
__________________
Brian Casella
Sales Representative, VAC Motorsports
Office: 215.462.4666 | Fax: 215.462.4667 | Email: brian@vacmotorsports.com
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2012, 10:25 AM   #1033
RupertPupkin
Lieutenant Colonel
RupertPupkin's Avatar
United_States
24
Rep
1,534
Posts

 
Drives: Freak Beast
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East

iTrader: (5)

Yea I guess I am. It's just tough to part with 5 beans if it turns out to not be much of an improvement. Maybe I should just do it and see for myself. PM me best price installed out the door with that %20 special AA is running right now.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@VAC View Post
Rupert - you may be overthinking this a bit. Every tune we have done has resulted in nice peak power gains and nice gains across the range. Throttle response is improved as well. For the $$$ this is the best mod you can do for the 325/8/30 in my opinion. Sure, you can say I am biased, but I am not. We have been at this far to long to swindle people into spending $500... this tune simply works really well - nothing else to say.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2012, 10:37 AM   #1034
TSM330i
2006 330i, TSM, Black, manual, sport
TSM330i's Avatar
United_States
74
Rep
3,134
Posts

 
Drives: E90 330i, E86 Z4 3.0si
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Chester Springs, PA

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RupertPupkin View Post
Yea I guess I am. It's just tough to part with 5 beans if it turns out to not be much of an improvement. Maybe I should just do it and see for myself. PM me best price installed out the door with that %20 special AA is running right now.
Jimmy, go for it!

You can not compare dynos at all. Just compare your cars results before and after.

My car did not yield a ton of HP, but the difference in the way my car drives is a definite improvement. Mid range is so much beefier and it really pulls hard all the way to the new 7,000rpm redline. VAC's dyno is notoriously tight too.
__________________
2006 330i, TSM, Black, Sport, JIC Cross Coil-Overs, UUC Sways, 18" Advan RS, Mich PSS 255/265, BMW Electric Steering Wheel, Rogue shifter, M-Tech front, CF emblems, Dinan TB, Intake, exhaust, strut bar, Stoptech BBK, LSD, M3 susp., LUX 5, CF Hood and CSL, Sparco Seats, AA tune, CF Roof
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:24 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST