E90Post
 


E92-lighting
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > *Official* Active Autowerke Flash Thread



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-15-2012, 10:47 AM   #1035
e90pilot
Freight Dawg
e90pilot's Avatar
United_States
42
Rep
2,111
Posts

 
Drives: E90 325i
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Oakland, CA

iTrader: (3)

Don't forget that wheels and tires have a significant effect on results as well. Dinan's dyno is about the most accurate one. It's about $100/hr to rent (cheaper than the one I used) and feeds the car climate/humidity controlled air with a ginormous fan to keep air flowing across the radiator and engine bay. Since its a Dynapack, it bolds up to the hub so there's no power loss from the wheels to the rollers It's about the closest you'll get it true rolling road conditions.
__________________
--Marcelo
'06 Arctic Metallic 325i | Sport Package | 6MT | Dinan Stage III suspension | Dinan exhaust | 330i manifold swap! Click here! | Active Autowerke tune | 135i Brake Calipers | Deiselboost caliper brackets | E46 M3 front rotors
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2012, 10:55 AM   #1036
RupertPupkin
Lieutenant Colonel
RupertPupkin's Avatar
United_States
24
Rep
1,534
Posts

 
Drives: Freak Beast
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East

iTrader: (5)

Yea good call. Im gonna sack up and do it. Now just need to set up a time and such with Mike.




Quote:
Originally Posted by TSM330i View Post
Jimmy, go for it!

You can not compare dynos at all. Just compare your cars results before and after.

My car did not yield a ton of HP, but the difference in the way my car drives is a definite improvement. Mid range is so much beefier and it really pulls hard all the way to the new 7,000rpm redline. VAC's dyno is notoriously tight too.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2012, 11:14 AM   #1037
upstatedoc
Drone Expert
upstatedoc's Avatar
52
Rep
1,592
Posts

 
Drives: '09 BMW 328ix
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NY

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@VAC View Post
Rupert - you may be overthinking this a bit. Every tune we have done has resulted in nice peak power gains and nice gains across the range. Throttle response is improved as well. For the $$$ this is the best mod you can do for the 325/8/30 in my opinion. Sure, you can say I am biased, but I am not. We have been at this far to long to swindle people into spending $500... this tune simply works really well - nothing else to say.
Mike, from what you have seen are the gains the same for AT as compared to MT?
__________________
2014 S.S. P938 Nightmare
2014 Dodge Durango R/T //Diablosports Tuning
2009 E90 N51 /Active Autowerke Stage 2 tune/BMW Performance Exhaust/
1993 Honda Nighthawk 750
Countermeasure enthusiast.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2012, 12:09 PM   #1038
Johnny D
Major
Johnny D's Avatar
19
Rep
1,124
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Hot Springs, AR

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2006 BMW 325i  [4.58]
Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
Mike, from what you have seen are the gains the same for AT as compared to MT?
Gains are similar if not the same, however the AT benefits from the throttle remap more IMO. It will help make the car feel MUCH more peppier due to less pedal travel to get to a lower gear.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2012, 06:38 PM   #1039
TSM330i
2006 330i, TSM, Black, manual, sport
TSM330i's Avatar
United_States
74
Rep
3,134
Posts

 
Drives: E90 330i, E86 Z4 3.0si
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Chester Springs, PA

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RupertPupkin View Post
Yea good call. Im gonna sack up and do it. Now just need to set up a time and such with Mike.
FYI: It does take a few hours for them to download your stock program, send it out to AA, then they send it back and have to upload the new program.
__________________
2006 330i, TSM, Black, Sport, JIC Cross Coil-Overs, UUC Sways, 18" Advan RS, Mich PSS 255/265, BMW Electric Steering Wheel, Rogue shifter, M-Tech front, CF emblems, Dinan TB, Intake, exhaust, strut bar, Stoptech BBK, LSD, M3 susp., LUX 5, CF Hood and CSL, Sparco Seats, AA tune, CF Roof
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2012, 02:01 PM   #1040
RupertPupkin
Lieutenant Colonel
RupertPupkin's Avatar
United_States
24
Rep
1,534
Posts

 
Drives: Freak Beast
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East

iTrader: (5)

Andrew,
Are you guys currently researching further updates and code cracks to possibly release a stage 3 of this tune, or are you happy with its current iteration and development has more or less stopped on the N52 software?
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2012, 03:42 PM   #1041
Smooth 330i
Major
Smooth 330i's Avatar
17
Rep
1,069
Posts

 
Drives: Sleepy 330i
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: PA

iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RupertPupkin View Post
Andrew,
Are you guys currently researching further updates and code cracks to possibly release a stage 3 of this tune, or are you happy with its current iteration and development has more or less stopped on the N52 software?

+1
__________________

E90 330i Sport | JRZ RS1 | Dinan | Quaife | Evolve
M3 Bits | GC | Apex | Braile | Supersprint | Reccaro
Stoptech BBK | BMW Perf | Macht Schnell | Turner
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2012, 05:58 PM   #1042
DUI Elite
///M at Heart
DUI Elite's Avatar
22
Rep
1,721
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 SGM E90
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chicago, IL

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy330i View Post
+1
+2.

And not a 1 word answer please? Its a lot of money we're dealing with, so please explain. Sorry if it comes off as arrogant.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2012, 06:00 PM   #1043
beems
Lieutenant
beems's Avatar
United_States
6
Rep
484
Posts

 
Drives: Former 3-series coupe
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Hawaii

iTrader: (0)

Stage 3? Now this has sparked my curiosity..
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2012, 10:42 PM   #1044
ska///235i
***** noob
ska///235i's Avatar
United_States
197
Rep
9,240
Posts

 
Drives: M235i
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Boston

iTrader: (32)

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
hi andrew,

i got the simon tool not too long ago and you guys gave me the default tune/most common one....can you give me a more aggresive file to try out? Just a little more throttle remap maybe?

i have a euro intake, bmw performance exhaust, & the 3 stage manifold on a 325xi...let me now, thanks

Last edited by ska///235i; 08-26-2012 at 11:55 AM.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2012, 02:52 PM   #1045
mike-y
just another bmw douche bag
United_States
36
Rep
3,398
Posts

 
Drives: 1.9L of fury
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA

iTrader: (4)

Just in case anyone was wondering if this tune would affect smog or emissions (especially in California), I just had my '06 325i smogged this weekend, with 330i IM and the AA tune (stage 1 at the moment), and had no problems passing the tests.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2012, 03:25 PM   #1046
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke's Avatar
91
Rep
3,584
Posts


 
Drives: 2014 435I M-sport
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Miami Fl

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ska325xi View Post
hi andrew,

i got the simon tool not too long ago and you guys gave me the default tune/most common one....can you give me a more aggresive file to try out? Just a little more throttle remap maybe?

i have a euro intake, bmw performance exhaust, & the 3 stage manifold on a 325xi...let me now, thanks
If you are on 93 oct the tune you received is about as aggressive as we can go.

Send an email to zak@activeautowerke.com if you want throttle changes.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2012, 05:23 PM   #1047
Route 16
I got lei'd
Route 16's Avatar
Philippines
62
Rep
4,710
Posts

 
Drives: '07 E90 328i
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: BayArea

iTrader: (31)

Andrew so should I do separate dyno runs for different set ups to use on Simon? (Simon can hold 16 tunes was it?) for an '07 328i

1. stock BMW factory tune (from AA)
2. stock stage 2 AA tune (from AA)

3. OEM intake, 3inch straight pipe, Magnaflow 14807 muffler (3 runs)
4. OEM intake, 2.5inch straight pipe w/ resonator, Eisenmann race muffler (3 runs)
5. OEM intake, catless headers 3inch straight pipe, Magnaflow 14807 muffler (3 runs)
6. OEM intake, catless headers 2.5inch straight pipe w/ resonator, Eisenmann race muffler (3 runs)

6. cone filter intake, 3inch straight pipe, Magnaflow 14807 muffler (3 runs)
7. cone filter intake, 2.5inch straight pipe, Eisenmann race muffler (3 runs)
8. cone filter intake, catless headers 3inch straight pipe, Magnaflow 14807 muffler (3 runs)
9. cone filter intake, catless headers 2.5inch straight pipe w/ resonator, Eisenmann race muffler (3 runs)

or

send my ECU file from a vendor to you based on whats already in my car?
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2012, 07:32 PM   #1048
ska///235i
***** noob
ska///235i's Avatar
United_States
197
Rep
9,240
Posts

 
Drives: M235i
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Boston

iTrader: (32)

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
cool...I'm shoot Zak an email

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew@ActiveAutowerke View Post
If you are on 93 oct the tune you received is about as aggressive as we can go.

Send an email to zak@activeautowerke.com if you want throttle changes.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2012, 11:16 AM   #1049
upstatedoc
Drone Expert
upstatedoc's Avatar
52
Rep
1,592
Posts

 
Drives: '09 BMW 328ix
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NY

iTrader: (1)

VAC Motorsports
Upstatedoc checked in at VAC Motorsports.
__________________
2014 S.S. P938 Nightmare
2014 Dodge Durango R/T //Diablosports Tuning
2009 E90 N51 /Active Autowerke Stage 2 tune/BMW Performance Exhaust/
1993 Honda Nighthawk 750
Countermeasure enthusiast.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2012, 12:07 PM   #1050
Brian_VACsales
Captain
Brian_VACsales's Avatar
66
Rep
951
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3 VF Supercharged, 135i
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Philadelphia, PA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
VAC Motorsports
Upstatedoc checked in at VAC Motorsports.
__________________
Brian Casella
Sales Representative, VAC Motorsports
Office: 215.462.4666 | Fax: 215.462.4667 | Email: brian@vacmotorsports.com
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2012, 12:19 PM   #1051
Route 16
I got lei'd
Route 16's Avatar
Philippines
62
Rep
4,710
Posts

 
Drives: '07 E90 328i
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: BayArea

iTrader: (31)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@VAC View Post
Mike still looking for a group to start N52 headers production?
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2012, 08:54 AM   #1052
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke's Avatar
91
Rep
3,584
Posts


 
Drives: 2014 435I M-sport
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Miami Fl

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Route 16 View Post
Andrew so should I do separate dyno runs for different set ups to use on Simon? (Simon can hold 16 tunes was it?) for an '07 328i

1. stock BMW factory tune (from AA)
2. stock stage 2 AA tune (from AA)

3. OEM intake, 3inch straight pipe, Magnaflow 14807 muffler (3 runs)
4. OEM intake, 2.5inch straight pipe w/ resonator, Eisenmann race muffler (3 runs)
5. OEM intake, catless headers 3inch straight pipe, Magnaflow 14807 muffler (3 runs)
6. OEM intake, catless headers 2.5inch straight pipe w/ resonator, Eisenmann race muffler (3 runs)

6. cone filter intake, 3inch straight pipe, Magnaflow 14807 muffler (3 runs)
7. cone filter intake, 2.5inch straight pipe, Eisenmann race muffler (3 runs)
8. cone filter intake, catless headers 3inch straight pipe, Magnaflow 14807 muffler (3 runs)
9. cone filter intake, catless headers 2.5inch straight pipe w/ resonator, Eisenmann race muffler (3 runs)

or

send my ECU file from a vendor to you based on whats already in my car?

What set up are you running?
__________________
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2012, 10:31 AM   #1053
Route 16
I got lei'd
Route 16's Avatar
Philippines
62
Rep
4,710
Posts

 
Drives: '07 E90 328i
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: BayArea

iTrader: (31)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew@ActiveAutowerke View Post
What set up are you running?
I switch intakes every now and then. (OEM intake and cone filter intake)

Currently cone filter intake, 2.5inch straight pipe w/ resonator, Eisenmann race muffler (3 runs)
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2012, 10:24 PM   #1054
DUI Elite
///M at Heart
DUI Elite's Avatar
22
Rep
1,721
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 SGM E90
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chicago, IL

iTrader: (4)

probably a good sign if andrew is straight up ignoring people.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2012, 08:19 PM   #1055
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke's Avatar
91
Rep
3,584
Posts


 
Drives: 2014 435I M-sport
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Miami Fl

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUI Elite View Post
probably a good sign if andrew is straight up ignoring people.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2012, 08:20 PM   #1056
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke's Avatar
91
Rep
3,584
Posts


 
Drives: 2014 435I M-sport
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Miami Fl

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Route 16 View Post
I switch intakes every now and then. (OEM intake and cone filter intake)

Currently cone filter intake, 2.5inch straight pipe w/ resonator, Eisenmann race muffler (3 runs)

The ecu will take care of most of those changes. The only one we could work on would be with a header. Get some dynos and send them to us for review.
__________________
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:58 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST