E90Post
 


European Auto Source
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > *Official* Active Autowerke Flash Thread



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-08-2012, 10:37 PM   #133
t1mmy
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: BMW 328i 2008 Sport
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Austin, TX

Posts: 247
iTrader: (0)

Is there a promotional on just the flash? Might be in range of a tuning station this weekend.
__________________
BMW 328i 2008, 6MT, Perf Exh + Perf Int, Continental DWS and BMW Perf SSK
t1mmy is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-08-2012, 11:08 PM   #134
Volasko
Major
 
Volasko's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 E90 330i BSM 6MT ZSP
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Toronto

Posts: 1,105
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctic330i View Post
I am VERY happy with the stage 2. I had it done by the great guys at PSI here in Orlando. I had the original tune installed so I am basing my review off that.

The new tune is butter smooth with constant power through the entire RPM band in every gear. The throttle lag has also been reduced even further, it is really responsive now!

With the new tune, from about 5500 to 6500 the car flies, as seen in the dyno. It's amazing really what the valve tronic editing has done to the overall feel of the car.

With traction off I could get serious wheel spin in first. I also got wheel spin starting in M2 from a dead stop!

I really enjoy this tune and I highly recommend it to everyone. No issues so far. I know this sounds funny but it feels really close to a stock 335. Please don't flame me, I have driven both. Yes the 335 has more torque but this tune should be putting a 330I with intake/exhaust in the 270hp range at the crank.

So, everyone GET IT NOW.

Props to AA and PSI! Great job

You sir are awesome for the follow up! Ahh I want soo badly now!
Volasko is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      02-08-2012, 11:22 PM   #135
arctic330i
Lieutenant Colonel
 
arctic330i's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 335is
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Gainesville, Fl

Posts: 1,920
iTrader: (8)

Garage List
Anytime, luckily the shop is 2 mins away
__________________
See my full mod list in my garage
arctic330i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-09-2012, 01:50 AM   #136
kamek
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 328xi 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Queens, NY

Posts: 3,176
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 BMW 328xi  [4.10]
Send a message via AIM to kamek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooy View Post
Aw c'mon, where's the 328 goodness?
+1... Still holding out to get the tune in case something better is released.
__________________

E92 328xi | KW | AA | LUX | OEM 359M | BMW Performance Exhaust
kamek is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-09-2012, 09:04 AM   #137
darkrom
Lieutenant Colonel
 
darkrom's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: North Shore MA

Posts: 1,528
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctic330i View Post
I am VERY happy with the stage 2. I had it done by the great guys at PSI here in Orlando. I had the original tune installed so I am basing my review off that.

The new tune is butter smooth with constant power through the entire RPM band in every gear. The throttle lag has also been reduced even further, it is really responsive now!

With the new tune, from about 5500 to 6500 the car flies, as seen in the dyno. It's amazing really what the valve tronic editing has done to the overall feel of the car.

With traction off I could get serious wheel spin in first. I also got wheel spin starting in M2 from a dead stop!

I really enjoy this tune and I highly recommend it to everyone. No issues so far. I know this sounds funny but it feels really close to a stock 335. Please don't flame me, I have driven both. Yes the 335 has more torque but this tune should be putting a 330I with intake/exhaust in the 270hp range at the crank.

So, everyone GET IT NOW.

Props to AA and PSI! Great job


I can only hold back so hard not flaming for that statement. No tuning in the world can make this car feel anything like a 335. That is a statement that someone like me would make in their head to justify forgetting about the 335 envy that we all have. No flash will ever bring you even close. Either it is self-justification or you drove some beat ass 335 LOL.

That being said I'm glad the tune feels great and that you love it. I plan on getting it eventually, but to expect it to feel anything like a 335 would be a huge mistake.
darkrom is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-09-2012, 10:03 AM   #138
gunnerxq
Captain
 
gunnerxq's Avatar
 
Drives: e90 "325i"
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Staten Island and Albany

Posts: 969
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkrom View Post
I can only hold back so hard not flaming for that statement. No tuning in the world can make this car feel anything like a 335. That is a statement that someone like me would make in their head to justify forgetting about the 335 envy that we all have. No flash will ever bring you even close. Either it is self-justification or you drove some beat ass 335 LOL.

That being said I'm glad the tune feels great and that you love it. I plan on getting it eventually, but to expect it to feel anything like a 335 would be a huge mistake.
Well I'm sure you can make our cars actually better then a stock 335i but that would require you to increase engine displacement.... If only I had the money to do that.
__________________
Bilstein shocks, eibach pro-kit springs, Remus exhaust, stage 3 intake manifold,Stage 2 AA tune, BMW Short shift kit.
gunnerxq is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-09-2012, 11:02 AM   #139
arctic330i
Lieutenant Colonel
 
arctic330i's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 335is
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Gainesville, Fl

Posts: 1,920
iTrader: (8)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkrom View Post
I can only hold back so hard not flaming for that statement. No tuning in the world can make this car feel anything like a 335. That is a statement that someone like me would make in their head to justify forgetting about the 335 envy that we all have. No flash will ever bring you even close. Either it is self-justification or you drove some beat ass 335 LOL.

That being said I'm glad the tune feels great and that you love it. I plan on getting it eventually, but to expect it to feel anything like a 335 would be a huge mistake.
Well I know it is not the same at all, but all I was getting at is it made it seem damn close. Do you have a 3 stage intake manifold on your 325? Because if not the difference with this tune and without is pretty substantial.
__________________
See my full mod list in my garage
arctic330i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-09-2012, 11:04 AM   #140
TSM330i
2006 330i, TSM, Black, manual, sport
 
TSM330i's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 330i, E86 Z4 3.0si
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Chester Springs, PA

Posts: 3,039
iTrader: (2)

I'm getting the tune through VAC. We'll be able to dyno my car before and after.

Should be interesting to see how it does since I have the Dinan CAI, throttle body and exhaust on my car already.

I'd like to give my car a few days to "learn" the tune before I do the after tune. I know when my stock tune is reflashed for updates my car feels like a pig for a couple days till the computer accounts for the mods again.
__________________
2006 330i, TSM, Black, Sport, JIC Cross Coil-Overs, UUC Sways, 18" Advan RS, Mich PSS 255/265, BMW Electric Steering Wheel, Rogue shifter, M-Tech front, CF emblems, Dinan TB, Intake, exhaust, strut bar, Stoptech BBK, LSD, M3 susp., LUX 5, CF Hood and CSL, Sparco Seats, AA tune, CF Roof
TSM330i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-09-2012, 11:07 AM   #141
arctic330i
Lieutenant Colonel
 
arctic330i's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 335is
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Gainesville, Fl

Posts: 1,920
iTrader: (8)

Garage List
Great, Id love to see a dyno with another fully modded 330i!
__________________
See my full mod list in my garage
arctic330i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-09-2012, 11:11 AM   #142
RupertPupkin
Lieutenant Colonel
 
RupertPupkin's Avatar
 
Drives: Freak Beast
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East

Posts: 1,534
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AW325xi View Post
I'm getting the tune through VAC. We'll be able to dyno my car before and after.

Should be interesting to see how it does since I have the Dinan CAI, throttle body and exhaust on my car already.

I'd like to give my car a few days to "learn" the tune before I do the after tune. I know when my stock tune is reflashed for updates my car feels like a pig for a couple days till the computer accounts for the mods again.
Rob when you going? I was talking to Mike and setting up an appointment to go down.
RupertPupkin is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-09-2012, 11:12 AM   #143
MaximusJ
Colonel
 
MaximusJ's Avatar
 
Drives: 325i 2006
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Quebec, Canada

Posts: 2,122
iTrader: (19)

Garage List
'06 E90  [3.72]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AW325xi View Post
I'm getting the tune through VAC. We'll be able to dyno my car before and after.

Should be interesting to see how it does since I have the Dinan CAI, throttle body and exhaust on my car already.

I'd like to give my car a few days to "learn" the tune before I do the after tune. I know when my stock tune is reflashed for updates my car feels like a pig for a couple days till the computer accounts for the mods again.
Give it at least 500 miles.
MaximusJ is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      02-09-2012, 11:35 AM   #144
MaximusJ
Colonel
 
MaximusJ's Avatar
 
Drives: 325i 2006
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Quebec, Canada

Posts: 2,122
iTrader: (19)

Garage List
'06 E90  [3.72]
Looks like I will be getting this sooner then expected.

Should be able to post dynos before the end of the month!
MaximusJ is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      02-09-2012, 12:58 PM   #145
TSM330i
2006 330i, TSM, Black, manual, sport
 
TSM330i's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 330i, E86 Z4 3.0si
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Chester Springs, PA

Posts: 3,039
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmydever View Post
Rob when you going? I was talking to Mike and setting up an appointment to go down.
Not sure yet. I got a call from Mike this morning about the tune and told him to go ahead and order it today so I can get the intro price. He'll get back to me on timing. I'd imagine next week or the week after that depending on how busy their shop is.

I'll probably stick around when they do the install and dyno. It's not that easy for me to drop my car off since I live about 40 minutes away.
__________________
2006 330i, TSM, Black, Sport, JIC Cross Coil-Overs, UUC Sways, 18" Advan RS, Mich PSS 255/265, BMW Electric Steering Wheel, Rogue shifter, M-Tech front, CF emblems, Dinan TB, Intake, exhaust, strut bar, Stoptech BBK, LSD, M3 susp., LUX 5, CF Hood and CSL, Sparco Seats, AA tune, CF Roof
TSM330i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-09-2012, 01:00 PM   #146
RupertPupkin
Lieutenant Colonel
 
RupertPupkin's Avatar
 
Drives: Freak Beast
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East

Posts: 1,534
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AW325xi View Post
Not sure yet. I got a call from Mike this morning about the tune and told him to go ahead and order it today so I can get the intro price. He'll get back to me on timing. I'd imagine next week or the week after that depending on how busy their shop is.

I'll probably stick around when they do the install and dyno. It's not that easy for me to drop my car off since I live about 40 minutes away.
Yea man Im aiming for a Saturday probably March 10. You doing the Simon tool or straight up flash?
RupertPupkin is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-09-2012, 01:02 PM   #147
t1mmy
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: BMW 328i 2008 Sport
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Austin, TX

Posts: 247
iTrader: (0)

Its unfortunate that the only dyno on these boards for 328 is an XI. Appreciate that guy's efforts, but not too sure.

Thinking about doing this, either way. That or wait for christmas
__________________
BMW 328i 2008, 6MT, Perf Exh + Perf Int, Continental DWS and BMW Perf SSK
t1mmy is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-09-2012, 01:37 PM   #148
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 435I M-sport
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Miami Fl

Posts: 3,378
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctic330i View Post
Well I know it is not the same at all, but all I was getting at is it made it seem damn close. Do you have a 3 stage intake manifold on your 325? Because if not the difference with this tune and without is pretty substantial.
Actually we can bring the 325 up to 330 power without a stage 3 manifold

We just did one today.
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-09-2012, 01:44 PM   #149
RazRokz.!
Lieutenant
 
RazRokz.!'s Avatar
 
Drives: 07 JET BLACK BMW 328i
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: BELGIUM

Posts: 544
iTrader: (0)

^this^

Can you do the same for a 328 yet?
__________________
l-2007 Jet Black E90-l-Heated Seats-l-Injen Short Ram Intake-l-Kicker Audio-l-Tablet Pc Integration-l-19" Avant Garde M310-l-Falken 452-l-Depo Projectors-l-Depo Blacklines-l-M3 Replica Front Bumper-l-Canbus HID Headlights & Foglights-l-20% Tint All Around-l
RazRokz.! is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-09-2012, 01:47 PM   #150
RazRokz.!
Lieutenant
 
RazRokz.!'s Avatar
 
Drives: 07 JET BLACK BMW 328i
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: BELGIUM

Posts: 544
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnerxq View Post
When will the full dyno be up? I really want to see the difference.
Bro, off topic but props on your paint job. Looks sick! Do you have pics anywhere?
__________________
l-2007 Jet Black E90-l-Heated Seats-l-Injen Short Ram Intake-l-Kicker Audio-l-Tablet Pc Integration-l-19" Avant Garde M310-l-Falken 452-l-Depo Projectors-l-Depo Blacklines-l-M3 Replica Front Bumper-l-Canbus HID Headlights & Foglights-l-20% Tint All Around-l
RazRokz.! is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-09-2012, 01:59 PM   #151
gunnerxq
Captain
 
gunnerxq's Avatar
 
Drives: e90 "325i"
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Staten Island and Albany

Posts: 969
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazRokz.! View Post
Bro, off topic but props on your paint job. Looks sick! Do you have pics anywhere?
I wish that was my car its just some pic I took off the internet.
I believe I got it from here:
http://www.bmwcoop.com/2011/05/20/g-...uning-package/
__________________
Bilstein shocks, eibach pro-kit springs, Remus exhaust, stage 3 intake manifold,Stage 2 AA tune, BMW Short shift kit.
gunnerxq is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-09-2012, 02:50 PM   #152
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 435I M-sport
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Miami Fl

Posts: 3,378
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazRokz.! View Post
^this^

Can you do the same for a 328 yet?
Yes the stage 1 flash will bring the 328 up to par with a 330.
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-09-2012, 03:31 PM   #153
gunnerxq
Captain
 
gunnerxq's Avatar
 
Drives: e90 "325i"
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Staten Island and Albany

Posts: 969
iTrader: (0)

How much for the tune? What will the price be a couple of months from now? Are there any plans for a stage 3?
__________________
Bilstein shocks, eibach pro-kit springs, Remus exhaust, stage 3 intake manifold,Stage 2 AA tune, BMW Short shift kit.
gunnerxq is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-09-2012, 03:39 PM   #154
benzo23
Colonel
 
benzo23's Avatar
 
Drives: 14 F30 AW MSport
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: FL

Posts: 2,886
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew@ActiveAutowerke View Post
Actually we can bring the 325 up to 330 power without a stage 3 manifold

We just did one today.
This is what im talking about, what are the details on this? If you really did make 330 numbers out of a 325 WITHOUT the 3 stage manifold it will sell like crazy
benzo23 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:22 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST