E90Post
 


GTB Performance
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > *Official* Active Autowerke Flash Thread



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-05-2013, 02:58 PM   #1607
PMCU
Private
0
Rep
52
Posts

 
Drives: ABM E92
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Sacramento, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew@ActiveAutowerke View Post
Oh I agree! But the 3 stage manifold does need a different tune.We smooth out the massive dip you get when you install the 3 stage among other things.

Note: Intakes and axle back exhausts do not need a special tune.
Since an N51 have the 3 stage intake manifold, should it use the 3 stage tune rather than the standard? I have an N51 with the tune and does notice there is some rough transitions when I go past 3k... would the new "gen 2" as you call it help smooth this out?
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2013, 08:26 AM   #1608
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke's Avatar
90
Rep
3,583
Posts


 
Drives: 2014 435I M-sport
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Miami Fl

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMCU View Post
Since an N51 have the 3 stage intake manifold, should it use the 3 stage tune rather than the standard? I have an N51 with the tune and does notice there is some rough transitions when I go past 3k... would the new "gen 2" as you call it help smooth this out?
We have an n51 specific file and it will indeed smooth out the transition.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2013, 08:48 AM   #1609
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke's Avatar
90
Rep
3,583
Posts


 
Drives: 2014 435I M-sport
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Miami Fl

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankthetoad View Post
I was given the Stage 2 tune and was told that's what I needed for the 3IM that I installed. Should I receive the Stage 3 tune?

The 325 shares the same ecu as the 330. The tune you have is correct.


Things get confusing with the 328 and the 325/330 since they share the same engine but have different ecu's
__________________
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2013, 02:42 PM   #1610
cultr3
Private
0
Rep
92
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: NYC/CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew@ActiveAutowerke View Post
We have an n51 specific file and it will indeed smooth out the transition.
Oh that's really good news, because the transition is quite obvious as I hit 3k. Is there a way I can check which file I currently have, and how much will this update cost? I bought the stage 2 with a Simon tool when it came out
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2013, 03:35 PM   #1611
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke's Avatar
90
Rep
3,583
Posts


 
Drives: 2014 435I M-sport
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Miami Fl

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cultr3 View Post
Oh that's really good news, because the transition is quite obvious as I hit 3k. Is there a way I can check which file I currently have, and how much will this update cost? I bought the stage 2 with a Simon tool when it came out

Sure just email Zak@activeautowerke.com be sure to include your contact info and question.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2013, 11:13 AM   #1612
fc3spat
Private First Class
fc3spat's Avatar
Hong Kong
2
Rep
119
Posts

 
Drives: E90 323i M-Sport
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Hong Kong

iTrader: (3)

Hi Andrew

I just got the Simon tool today and have copied the file and sent over to Rob Hugh, is that OK to send to Rob or do I need to send it over to yourself OR Zak?

I have been in contact with Rob for a while so thought it was better to send to him?

Looking forward to the tuned file!

Thanks
__________________

Sapphire Black /Coral Red E90 323i M-Sport | My car is standard...honest!
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2013, 04:28 PM   #1613
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke's Avatar
90
Rep
3,583
Posts


 
Drives: 2014 435I M-sport
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Miami Fl

iTrader: (5)

Any of us is fine.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2013, 03:55 PM   #1614
Amini77
Brigadier General
Amini77's Avatar
United_States
62
Rep
4,600
Posts

 
Drives: SGM E90 330xi
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Tarzana, CA

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2006 330XI  [3.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by e9012345 View Post
Hi Andrew,

Just got my tune last week and extremely happy. If I were to get a secondary cat-delete will I see gains with my existing tune or will I have to get a new file uploaded to exploit the cat-delete?

Thanks
BUMP...Was this question answered? I'm going to get a cat delete next week. I'd really really really appreciate it if you can tell me. Thank you!
__________________

instagram: amini77
| KW V1 | LCI rear | 359m Style | Michelin PSS | AA Stage 2 | Gruppe M | Remus | Mtech Rear | M3 Front |
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2013, 05:07 PM   #1615
Love The Drive
Private First Class
Love The Drive's Avatar
United_States
3
Rep
141
Posts

 
Drives: E90 MT N51
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: The Canyons

iTrader: (0)

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amini77 View Post
BUMP...Was this question answered? I'm going to get a cat delete next week. I'd really really really appreciate it if you can tell me. Thank you!
Here you go.

"If I were to delete the second cats, would I get more gains if AA incorporates this into the tune?"
Anderw@AcitveAutowerke:
You will not need a tune for this as the ecu will make all the changes necessary
__________________
2011 E90 328i | BMW PE | 18" CSL Reps | Black Roof & Tint
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2013, 05:13 PM   #1616
Amini77
Brigadier General
Amini77's Avatar
United_States
62
Rep
4,600
Posts

 
Drives: SGM E90 330xi
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Tarzana, CA

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2006 330XI  [3.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Love The Drive View Post
Here you go.

"If I were to delete the second cats, would I get more gains if AA incorporates this into the tune?"
Anderw@AcitveAutowerke:
You will not need a tune for this as the ecu will make all the changes necessary
Thank you dude! and thats great
__________________

instagram: amini77
| KW V1 | LCI rear | 359m Style | Michelin PSS | AA Stage 2 | Gruppe M | Remus | Mtech Rear | M3 Front |
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2013, 09:04 PM   #1617
kewlguy210
Private First Class
2
Rep
105
Posts

 
Drives: 06 330xi
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: glassboro, nj

iTrader: (1)

I want to get the engine tune with Active software at vac motorsport in philly. Now my is a E90 330xi would the gain be different since i'm awd vs rwd? I was told that the stage 2 AA software can add up to 30hp. Do u have any members that has a 330xi and have the tune done before?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew@ActiveAutowerke View Post
Any of us is fine.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2013, 10:00 AM   #1618
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke's Avatar
90
Rep
3,583
Posts


 
Drives: 2014 435I M-sport
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Miami Fl

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewlguy210 View Post
I want to get the engine tune with Active software at vac motorsport in philly. Now my is a E90 330xi would the gain be different since i'm awd vs rwd? I was told that the stage 2 AA software can add up to 30hp. Do u have any members that has a 330xi and have the tune done before?
Engine gains will be the same but the fact that being awd = more drivetrain loss to the wheels. Your dyno numbers will always be lower than a rear wheel drive car.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2013, 08:42 AM   #1619
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke's Avatar
90
Rep
3,583
Posts


 
Drives: 2014 435I M-sport
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Miami Fl

iTrader: (5)

Hey guys,

Iv'e been getting many calls regarding our stage 3 header tunes lately. When a 3 stage manifold is installed many changes are needed mainly to the vanos maps. As you can see the red line is much smoother at the Disa transitions than our regular tune and a large jump in torque and hp are seen.

__________________
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2013, 08:51 AM   #1620
Clammy
Second Lieutenant
2
Rep
237
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 328i
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Canada

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew@ActiveAutowerke View Post
Hey guys,

Iv'e been getting many calls regarding our stage 3 header tunes lately. When a 3 stage manifold is installed many changes are needed mainly to the vanos maps. As you can see the red line is much smoother at the Disa transitions than our regular tune and a large jump in torque and hp are seen.

I have a question:

I got the Simon tool, and Tune a few months ago. I have a 328i with the stock intake, but am planning on doing the 3 stage upgrade at some point. Will I need a new map from you guys when I do that?

Thanks.

Cheers!
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2013, 09:13 AM   #1621
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke's Avatar
90
Rep
3,583
Posts


 
Drives: 2014 435I M-sport
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Miami Fl

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clammy View Post
I have a question:

I got the Simon tool, and Tune a few months ago. I have a 328i with the stock intake, but am planning on doing the 3 stage upgrade at some point. Will I need a new map from you guys when I do that?

Thanks.

Cheers!
Hi Clammy hope all is well. Just shoot me an email with all your info and I will have it sent out to you. Afish@activeAutowerke.com
__________________
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2013, 09:21 AM   #1622
Clammy
Second Lieutenant
2
Rep
237
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 328i
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Canada

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew@ActiveAutowerke View Post
Hi Clammy hope all is well. Just shoot me an email with all your info and I will have it sent out to you. Afish@activeAutowerke.com
Thanks man! I'm really enjoying your tune I have on the completely stock engine right now, and am really looking forward to doing the 3 stage intake upgrade!

Cheers!
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2013, 10:28 AM   #1623
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke's Avatar
90
Rep
3,583
Posts


 
Drives: 2014 435I M-sport
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Miami Fl

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clammy View Post
Thanks man! I'm really enjoying your tune I have on the completely stock engine right now, and am really looking forward to doing the 3 stage intake upgrade!

Cheers!

Its a great upgrade and I highly recommend it.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2013, 05:58 PM   #1624
kewlguy210
Private First Class
2
Rep
105
Posts

 
Drives: 06 330xi
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: glassboro, nj

iTrader: (1)

I'm looking into getting the active ecu tuning and AFE cold air stage 2 for my 330xi. With both mods is 20-30hp possible?
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2013, 11:17 AM   #1625
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
mike@x-ph.com's Avatar
United_States
180
Rep
8,704
Posts


 
Drives: 2007 e92 335i
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Las Vegas

iTrader: (6)

Top notch products always a pleasure dealing with AA.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2013, 11:39 AM   #1626
Smooth 330i
Major
Smooth 330i's Avatar
17
Rep
1,063
Posts

 
Drives: Sleepy 330i
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: PA

iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewlguy210 View Post
I'm looking into getting the active ecu tuning and AFE cold air stage 2 for my 330xi. With both mods is 20-30hp possible?
No.

AFE is waste of $$. Go with Euro or Dinan instead. Also get light weight wheels to reduce unsprung weight. You may want to get free flow exhaust also.
__________________

E90 330i Sport | JRZ RS1 | Dinan | Quaife | Evolve
M3 Bits | GC | Apex | Braile | Supersprint | Reccaro
Stoptech BBK | BMW Perf | Macht Schnell | Turner
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2013, 07:24 PM   #1627
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
mike@x-ph.com's Avatar
United_States
180
Rep
8,704
Posts


 
Drives: 2007 e92 335i
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Las Vegas

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth 330i View Post
No.

AFE is waste of $$. Go with Euro or Dinan instead. Also get light weight wheels to reduce unsprung weight. You may want to get free flow exhaust also.
Why is the aFe a waste of money. It is our best selling air intake for n52 . It gives a nice boost increase and a great sound. I would totally recommend it
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2013, 01:09 AM   #1628
fc3spat
Private First Class
fc3spat's Avatar
Hong Kong
2
Rep
119
Posts

 
Drives: E90 323i M-Sport
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Hong Kong

iTrader: (3)

Andrew - I got the tune back from Zak about a few weeks back, and by reading what you have mentioned, the 3IM needs a specific tune. But when I asked Zak this, he said that its not needed and anyhow, its not applicable to my N52B25. Please expand on this, because it seems you both are providing contradicting info by my books, with the only difference being N52B25 or N52B30.

Zak later on told me that he doesnt actually have a stage 3 tune for the 2.5L engine?

Also, after the tune + 3IM install, I have the EML P0444 code come up which still has not been resolved yet, though doesnt seem to have effected the drive, but could this be linked to the tune and 3IM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew@ActiveAutowerke View Post
Its a great upgrade and I highly recommend it.
__________________

Sapphire Black /Coral Red E90 323i M-Sport | My car is standard...honest!
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:53 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST