E90Post

PYSPEED

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > *Official* Active Autowerke Flash Thread

08-25-2014, 03:47 PM   #1783
W37V

Drives: E92 N52 6SP

Quote:
Originally Posted by justpete View Post
Stage 3 offroad tune and it still idles right at 650rpm. Pumps a bit on occasion but nothing to be concerned about as it settles out. Wouldn't surprise me if the solid mounts had something to do with that as the car comes to a stop sometimes. Doesn't worry me anyway.
That's good to hear. Gear rattle (grinding noise from transmission) was driving me nuts and it took many tries to get it fixed. Since car is DD, I rather have it quiet than more power, but if I could have both....
      08-25-2014, 06:20 PM   #1784
justpete
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by W37V View Post
That's good to hear. Gear rattle (grinding noise from transmission) was driving me nuts and it took many tries to get it fixed. Since car is DD, I rather have it quiet than more power, but if I could have both....
With a dual rigid disc race clutch and billet flywheel the gear rattle is louder than the exhaust at idle in the cabin. But this doesn't have anything to do with the tune. All I can say is fhere was never any gear rattle with the stock clutch and the same tune.
2011 E90 328i ZSP 6MT DSMB/Chestnut, PI+RM+3IM+AA, SS+CI528+ThermoTec+PE, AKG eng/UUC trans mnts, ATI, CM 850, CAE shifter, AKG DSSR, PG 3.73 LSD, HVT 3-way adj suspension, adj ARB end links, Delrin diff/RS, M3 arms/links, toe arms, all spherical bearings, Vorshlag CPs, M3 brace, ARC-8 18x8.5, 255 sq, 135i calipers+ST kit, XP10+Ti, ST rotors, ST lines/RT700, F30 shields, Safecraft, Schroth, M3 steering wheel, OMP HTE-R, RT DL1Mk3/DASH3
justpete is offline   United_States