E90Post

European Auto Source

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Software Update is BS!

10-28-2005, 03:02 PM   #23
highlander777
Private

Drives: BMW 330D M Touring (62)

How do you what version of the software??

the car is running

+ does BMW publish a list of fixes that each release is suppose to fix
      10-28-2005, 03:05 PM   #24
siriusinvestor
Captain

Drives: 1989 Ugo

Yes the car is in practically perfect working order, and an actual positive on this matter is that the Idrive seems to run faster than before, but the only thing now is the driver side rear speaker that keeps making static noises randomly. It seems the static noises are most common when the car engine is shut off and not operational.
      10-28-2005, 03:13 PM   #25
silverado
Lieutenant

Drives: E90 330i

Sheesh... it seems that this upgrade process is botched. I was thinking of doing it but RDS and slightly faster iDrive, while nice, are not worth not having my car for at least two days.

10-28-2005, 03:34 PM   #26
mishenka
Private First Class

Drives: 328i

Quote:
LEDZEP
Mike - they didn't put much information on my work order. It does not show the software number or anything. My car was built in May and delivered June 2. It's one of the very earliest E90s. I'll look at the work order again and see if there is any useful information. You might also contact BMWUSA and tell them you want these features enabled. They should be able to contact your SA with the specifics.
My car was also built in May 2005. Also one of the first early E90. But the bottom line is that your car does in fact has the key memory feature enabled and when you insert different key fobs the seat and mirrors return to their previously memorized positions, right? That should be enough to convince my dealership that it is doable.
      10-28-2005, 03:37 PM   #27
mds82
Major General

Drives: 2006 325xi

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to mds82 Send a message via Yahoo to mds82
hey i have a front driver speaker the sounds the same as yours. mine basically sounds like your listending to AM radio all the time through it. i'm getting it looked at soon when i bring the car in for service again .

19" Breyton Race GTS Matt Grey, Eisenmann 4x70 Exhaust with SR Pipes. Vorsteiner Hood, Bilstein Shocks, CFEverywhere, mtec rear,
Carbon Fiber Headlights
      10-28-2005, 04:05 PM   #28
siriusinvestor
Captain

Drives: 1989 Ugo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mds82
hey i have a front driver speaker the sounds the same as yours. mine basically sounds like your listending to AM radio all the time through it. i'm getting it looked at soon when i bring the car in for service again .
No it doesnt sound like Am Radio, it sounds like a microphone amplifier when there is no mic connected to it. basically sounds like someone is digging their nails into a chalkboard........
      10-28-2005, 06:51 PM   #29
LEDZEP
Lieutenant General

Drives: 2009 E70 & 2011 F25

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishenka
My car was also built in May 2005. Also one of the first early E90. But the bottom line is that your car does in fact has the key memory feature enabled and when you insert different key fobs the seat and mirrors return to their previously memorized positions, right? That should be enough to convince my dealership that it is doable.
That is correct. After driving the car to work today (116 miles round trip), I could swear that it has less hesitation from dead stop and somehow feels "tighter". Key memory is working and auto locking is working. I ask them not to turn on DRL, but that would be an option also.

Like I had said, they didn't put much technical information on the work order, but maybe someone can interpret this (like E90Fleet maybe):

COMPLY WITH RECALL 12-19-05 IF TIME ALLOWS
CAUSE: WP3
0056643 Reprogram/encode complete vehicle including CAS...
44144WBM40
FC: 0012120200

I think it is bad luck to be superstitious
      10-29-2005, 08:21 AM   #30
mapezzul
Special Agent

Drives: Depends on the day!

I have had my iDrive software update for 2 days now. It took 14 hours and they gave me a loaner for 2 days, they did not even attempt to update, they said it was better if they just reinstalled from scratch if I did not mind having a loaner for 2 days.

The car is getting better MPG on average 2mpg, and seems to have more power over 5k rpm. Also the iDrive is much faster and the voice command is much better. The RDS is lousy at best but it is there.

The cool thing is now you can use the voice command with destinations. If you are plugging in addresses you can say "city" and spell the city "street" and spell the street etc.... Pretty cool!

I am glad I had it done because it fixed all of my iDrive issues (not muting when it tells next direction, freezing on voice commands etc..) it is working fine now! I am waiting for the dealer to send me the work order...
Best of luck!
mapezzul is offline   United_States
      10-31-2005, 02:14 PM   #31
txusa03
Major General

Drives: TS330iPPSP6MT

LEDZEP, "0056643 Reprogram/encode complete vehicle including CAS...
" is for the radio software update. It has something to do with RDS (Radio Data Scan) to allow the radio to display song name and station name (I think). But I have that done as well. That is def not cip 19.
      10-31-2005, 02:24 PM   #32
silverado
Lieutenant

Drives: E90 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapezzul
I have had my iDrive software update for 2 days now. It took 14 hours and they gave me a loaner for 2 days, they did not even attempt to update, they said it was better if they just reinstalled from scratch if I did not mind having a loaner for 2 days.

The car is getting better MPG on average 2mpg, and seems to have more power over 5k rpm. Also the iDrive is much faster and the voice command is much better. The RDS is lousy at best but it is there.

The cool thing is now you can use the voice command with destinations. If you are plugging in addresses you can say "city" and spell the city "street" and spell the street etc.... Pretty cool!

I am glad I had it done because it fixed all of my iDrive issues (not muting when it tells next direction, freezing on voice commands etc..) it is working fine now! I am waiting for the dealer to send me the work order...
Best of luck!
mapezzul,

What did you ask your dealer to do? I'm wondering how to ask for this update. How did they refer to it? Thanks!

10-31-2005, 03:31 PM   #33
Thumpzilla
Private

Drives: 330xi/06/Loaded!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat Jon
I had the 19.1 update today. It fixed overwhelming static in my AM radio and also I noticed that I now have RDS on FM. Otherwise, no change I can see. But, no problems either.

Wildcat, I have tons of static on satelite radio, was you r problem only on AM?

Thanks,

Thump
      10-31-2005, 03:53 PM   #34
LEDZEP
Lieutenant General

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by txusa03
LEDZEP, "0056643 Reprogram/encode complete vehicle including CAS...
" is for the radio software update. It has something to do with RDS (Radio Data Scan) to allow the radio to display song name and station name (I think). But I have that done as well. That is def not cip 19.
The RDS always worked for station name. Sirrius also displays song/artist. I don't think it was that.

10-31-2005, 04:03 PM   #35
txusa03
Major General

Drives: TS330iPPSP6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEDZEP
The RDS always worked for station name. Sirrius also displays song/artist. I don't think it was that.
I do not have sirrius radio and I have the regular radio. After the service, all of a sudden I started seing station name and song titles on radio stations. Whose knows, I was told I had a recall on my radio and it needed new software patches.
      11-08-2005, 07:36 PM   #36
chris
Second Lieutenant

Drives: Jet Black e90 330i

Send a message via AIM to chris
I just contacted my dealer and brought up the fact that I would like to have drive away door locks and key memory functions (CIP 19.2 update), but the advisor pretty much said if the software update didn't fix any issues, I won't be getting it. How do I fight for these extra features?

I am bringing the car in also for an oil change and to explain my steering column issues (but i doubt software would fix that). How do you all bring up the software update?
      11-08-2005, 08:14 PM   #37
LEDZEP
Lieutenant General

Garage List
I would contact BMWUSA and bitch loudly. These updates put functionality into the vehicle that BELONGS there. Tell your dealer you have bought your last car from him if he won't give you the update.

Total bullshit!

11-08-2005, 08:57 PM   #38
mishenka
Private First Class

Drives: 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris
I just contacted my dealer and brought up the fact that I would like to have drive away door locks and key memory functions (CIP 19.2 update), but the advisor pretty much said if the software update didn't fix any issues, I won't be getting it. How do I fight for these extra features?

I am bringing the car in also for an oil change and to explain my steering column issues (but i doubt software would fix that). How do you all bring up the software update?
Chris,
Here is a link to the topics where I describe my visit today to the dealership
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7145

And this link will give you the needed documents you have to show to your Service Advisor (as I did today):
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6595
in particular you need this (look for the northerncalguy post):
http://www.bmwtis.com/tsb/bulletins/...p/B090305g.htm

This is all you need.
mike
      11-09-2005, 12:50 PM   #39
chris
Second Lieutenant

Drives: Jet Black e90 330i

Send a message via AIM to chris
hey mike, thanks for everything man! I appreciate it and will now have the neccessary ammunition to get that update.
      11-22-2005, 10:08 PM   #40
330iBMWguy
Enlisted Member

Drives: 330i - On Order

My car has been in service for 4 days now. They keep telling me that the upgrade failed.
      11-22-2005, 10:25 PM   #41
puck724
COLTS 4 LIFE!!!

Drives: 2006 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
dude, sorry to hear that. mine failed the first time because something happend with the power the first night i had it there, but they caught it first thing in the morning and thankfully my update had hit a "savepoint" so they didnt have to restart it.

are they telling you that your car isnt accepting the update or are they just not doing it right...stupid question, they wouldnt tell you that they weref-ing up in the first place.

hope you get your car back soon...