E90Post
 


Extreme Power House
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Eric's HPF Single Turbo N54 Is ALIVE - VIDEO



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-15-2012, 10:14 PM   #991
dlbrooks18
Brigadier General
dlbrooks18's Avatar
52
Rep
3,583
Posts

 
Drives: e90 335i
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPF 335i #1 View Post
No man, i keep checking.
Ok, I wonder if any problems with the new manifold? Hopefully an update on Friday, thanks Eric.
__________________

2008 E90 335
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2012, 11:52 PM   #992
Chipped B6
Favorite ride of all time?: Blondes.
Chipped B6's Avatar
United_States
48
Rep
1,089
Posts

 
Drives: Boooooost!
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Far away

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2014 228i Coupe  [0.00]
2013 ActiveHybrid 3  [0.00]
2014 M5  [2.00]
2011 Z4 35is  [4.80]
2011 M3 Coupe  [0.00]
I asked a guy working there for dyno numbers. He said.. "Nope nothing yet" I asked about the oil problem and he said it's fixed. Something about oil going through the turbo because not enough pressure was being built with the oil pump.
__________________

Last edited by Chipped B6; 03-16-2012 at 01:01 AM.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 11:00 AM   #993
39nas-t
Work Smarter!
39nas-t's Avatar
United_States
1
Rep
100
Posts

 
Drives: 335xi
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Rochester, MI

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPF Chris View Post
We fired up Eric's N54 with our HPF turbo system today. Currently on the 335 is a Precision 6265 but we can run any Precision T4 flanged turbo up to a 76 wheel. This car has the HPF front mount intercooler, Evolution Racewerks BOV pipe with HKS BOV and the HPF exhaust. It is also running a Vishnu Procede and AEM gauges. We will have dyno results soon, so stay tuned.

I guess soon is a term that has been loosely used....
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 11:51 AM   #994
rezin23
Enlisted Member
rezin23's Avatar
0
Rep
32
Posts

 
Drives: e90 335
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

Soon to these guys means 3 months.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 11:57 AM   #995
hemi to e90
dat boost doe
hemi to e90's Avatar
Poland
17
Rep
1,552
Posts

 
Drives: 10 335i, 12 a8, 14 899, 10 zr1
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: staten island

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezin23 View Post
Soon to these guys means 3 yrs.
fixed
__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 12:14 PM   #996
dlbrooks18
Brigadier General
dlbrooks18's Avatar
52
Rep
3,583
Posts

 
Drives: e90 335i
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (2)

Chris, bump for a Friday update/dyno pull vid please!
__________________

2008 E90 335
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 12:46 PM   #997
ETS Michael
ETS Michael's Avatar
United_States
29
Rep
1,160
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Vancouver, WA

iTrader: (4)

Send a message via AIM to ETS Michael
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stage 2 Drew View Post
yeah, with race gas....NO WAY 600whp gets done on just 91 octane.
We put down 600+ whp on our Supra using pump gas with the 6766 - It's wishful thinking.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 12:52 PM   #998
GetWellSoon
Banned
GetWellSoon's Avatar
United_States
5
Rep
242
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 335i e92
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Brooklyn & NJ

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETS Michael View Post
We put down 600+ whp on our Supra using pump gas with the 6766 - It's wishful thinking.
At least HPF is trying something, I heard from you Mike that you're doing a single turbo for over a year now too. Can't believe Shiv is the only one with balls
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 01:01 PM   #999
shiv@vishnu
Tuner
United_States
702
Rep
17,616
Posts

 
Drives: X1, 335i
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: SF Bay, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetWellSoon View Post
At least HPF is trying something, I heard from you Mike that you're doing a single turbo for over a year now too. Can't believe Shiv is the only one with balls
ETS keeps themselves pretty busy with their vast product line. They are actual manufacturers so I don't think it's fair to suggest that not committing to a single turbo kit is due to lack of anything other than perhaps time.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 01:19 PM   #1000
bryce
Banned
57
Rep
3,177
Posts

 
Drives: zhp 3-pedal
Join Date: May 2010
Location: texas

iTrader: (22)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
ETS keeps themselves pretty busy with their vast product line. They are actual manufacturers so I don't think it's fair to suggest that not committing to a single turbo kit is due to lack of anything other than perhaps time.
x2. michael's hinted that making a manifold and downpipe wouldn't take too much time either, i think they're waiting for a tuning solution (like the procede) to be tested enough to design their own hardware.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 04:41 PM   #1001
ctu11y
Live Infantry, Die Infantry
ctu11y's Avatar
United_States
12
Rep
722
Posts

 
Drives: '07 e92 335i SG on CR...
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (14)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryce View Post
x2. michael's hinted that making a manifold and downpipe wouldn't take too much time either, i think they're waiting for a tuning solution (like the procede) to be tested enough to design their own hardware.
agreed, it would only make sense for a manufacturer like ETS to wait on an actual no shit production single turbo kit to come out to start developing parts for it..
__________________
07 e92 SG/CR 335i // jb4 - bms dci - rr catless dp - meisterschaft mid and xpipe - er chargepipe/synapse bov - bms meth kit - matte black grills -msport front and skirts - cyba red scoops - m3 aluminum & high gloss black interior - bmw performance shift knob/e-brake - csl trunk spoiler - gp thunder 8500k ae & fog - interior led kit //
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 05:52 PM   #1002
AYF80
Captain
11
Rep
967
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 AY F80
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Nashville, TN

iTrader: (0)

Just got off the phone with HPF Josh,

The last number HPF ran was the 494 WHP; after running that number a few times the car was shutdown for the night and taken the car off the dyno this morning. The modification to the manifold was successful and the car is running/tuning flawlessly.

After verifying their manifold changes were working correctly, HPF now needs to permanently weld in the o2 divider into the manifold. It was only partially welded temporarily incase of any needed changes.

Also,

The numbers that will follow are and will be Pump gas ONLY, no meth will be added at this time. The only change that will take place is upgrading the stock Map sensor. HPFs goal is to provide you with the most WHP (at the safest level) with the least amount of modification to the fuel system (For now). This initial stage of kit will be great for people who want a Single Turbo with power in the Mid to upper 500s without using Meth or Fuel upgrades. They only plan on upgrading the fuel system if 100% necessary at this time.

The Turbo HPF is using spools ridiculously fast however, they may play around with other turbos to find the Max pump gas power without sacrificing low end tq and spool response.

More to come.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 06:51 PM   #1003
HPF Chris
Lieutenant
59
Rep
500
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 330i & 530i
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Portland, OR

iTrader: (0)



Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 06:58 PM   #1004
import36
Burrito bowl connoisseur
import36's Avatar
United_States
44
Rep
3,438
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335i MT, E46 M3 SMG
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Seven Cities

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i Coupe  [4.50]
2005 BMW M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPF 335i #1 View Post
Just got off the phone with HPF Josh,

The last number HPF ran was the 494 WHP; after running that number a few times the car was shutdown for the night and taken the car off the dyno this morning. The modification to the manifold was successful and the car is running/tuning flawlessly.

After verifying their manifold changes were working correctly, HPF now needs to permanently weld in the o2 divider into the manifold. It was only partially welded temporarily incase of any needed changes.

Also,

The numbers that will follow are and will be Pump gas ONLY, no meth will be added at this time. The only change that will take place is upgrading the stock Map sensor. HPFs goal is to provide you with the most WHP (at the safest level) with the least amount of modification to the fuel system (For now). This initial stage of kit will be great for people who want a Single Turbo with power in the Mid to upper 500s without using Meth or Fuel upgrades. They only plan on upgrading the fuel system if 100% necessary at this time.

The Turbo HPF is using spools ridiculously fast however, they may play around with other turbos to find the Max pump gas power without sacrificing low end tq and spool response.

More to come.
thanks for keeping us updated bro. i'm really looking forward to the bolded part...
__________________
Mods: Procede Rev3 9-10|AE Catless Dual Exhaust|AR Design Catless DPs|AMS FMIC|Stett Charge Pipe w/Tial BOV|Stett CAI|BMS OCC|BMS CDV|Volk TE37 SLs|KW V2 Coilovers|Cusco OS Strut Brace|Macht Schnell Stud Conversion|Work RS-R Lugnuts|Gloss Black Roof|Matte Black Kidney Grills|UED Lower Bumper Grills|OEM Aero Lip and Painted Reflectors|M3 Sideskirts| VRS Decklid Aero Spoiler|Gloss Black Roof|M Peformance Alcantara Steering Wheel(blue)|OSS V2.0 LED Angel Eyes|8000k HID Fog Lights|8000k MTEC Xenons
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 06:59 PM   #1005
M3_WC
Colonel
29
Rep
2,242
Posts

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: CA

iTrader: (0)

What octane was the 494whp done with?
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 07:02 PM   #1006
farbmw
Brigadier General
farbmw's Avatar
Trinidad_and_tobago
76
Rep
3,968
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 M4 6SPD MANUAL!
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPF Chris View Post


very, very nice!!!
__________________
Have BT Tool professional, will scan and clear codes on your BMW. And now I am able to code my 2011 335is and M4

Link to my M4 euro delivery! http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1006526

Last edited by farbmw; 03-16-2012 at 07:28 PM. Reason: Working the 12hr night shift!
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 07:14 PM   #1007
secretsquirrel
Colonel
secretsquirrel's Avatar
26
Rep
2,102
Posts

 
Drives: 335i nFifty4LiFe
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: land of the squirrel

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by farbmw View Post
Every, every nice!!!

I literally laughed out loud. Thanks for that. I needed it.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 07:14 PM   #1008
dlbrooks18
Brigadier General
dlbrooks18's Avatar
52
Rep
3,583
Posts

 
Drives: e90 335i
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (2)

Thanks Eric for the update and Chris for posting dyno numbers, sick power on pump!!
__________________

2008 E90 335
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 07:18 PM   #1009
hemi to e90
dat boost doe
hemi to e90's Avatar
Poland
17
Rep
1,552
Posts

 
Drives: 10 335i, 12 a8, 14 899, 10 zr1
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: staten island

iTrader: (1)

im lost, they are shipping out the 335i single turbo?
__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 07:25 PM   #1010
MilehighM3
Colonel
MilehighM3's Avatar
21
Rep
2,184
Posts

 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Colorado Springs

iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemi to e90
im lost, they are shipping out the 335i single turbo?
At this rate, by tax day 2013. I'm sure it'll be worth the wait once it's done though!
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 07:28 PM   #1011
dlbrooks18
Brigadier General
dlbrooks18's Avatar
52
Rep
3,583
Posts

 
Drives: e90 335i
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (2)

Eric, will you be allowing Chris to run your car in the 1/4 mi at Mfest!? Curious to see what this beast can do
__________________

2008 E90 335
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 07:29 PM   #1012
farbmw
Brigadier General
farbmw's Avatar
Trinidad_and_tobago
76
Rep
3,968
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 M4 6SPD MANUAL!
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretsquirrel View Post

I literally laughed out loud. Thanks for that. I needed it.
LOL I am glad you like, I have to stop working these 12hr night shift!
__________________
Have BT Tool professional, will scan and clear codes on your BMW. And now I am able to code my 2011 335is and M4

Link to my M4 euro delivery! http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1006526
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
hpf single turbo, single turbo n54

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:58 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST