E90Post
 


MINHS Auto Care Center
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > Local Steam Hand Wash



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-14-2012, 08:50 PM   #1
JETBLK335i
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2008 335i
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Greenwich, CT

Posts: 414
iTrader: (1)

Just wanted to share one of my good friends hand car wash in Rye, NY.

Eric used to manage 5 star executive detailing at Splash, but now he is in business for himself.

If you need a quality wash and consider the environment, this is the place to go. $20 for an exterior only wash. IMO you cant go wrong. Hope everyone within proximity can take your cars here.

Mention your from the E90post forums and he will hook you up.

www.birdiesautospa.com



Thanks.


Last edited by JETBLK335i; 11-27-2012 at 10:28 PM.
JETBLK335i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-15-2012, 08:48 AM   #2
KaffineKiller
Captain
 
KaffineKiller's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 F30 335i
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Stamford, CT

Posts: 783
iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2014 BMW F30 335i  [0.00]
2008 335i  [4.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JETBLK335i
Just wanted to share one of my good friends hand car wash in Rye, NY.

Eric used to manage 5 star executive detailing at Splash, but now he is in business for himself.

If you need a quality wash and consider the environment, this is the place to go. $15 for an exterior only wash. IMO you cant go wrong. Hope everyone within proximity can take your cars here.

www.birdiesautospa.com



Thanks.

Looks real nice but cheapest is 30 according to website...
__________________
2014 F30 335i
KaffineKiller is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-15-2012, 09:53 AM   #3
JETBLK335i
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2008 335i
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Greenwich, CT

Posts: 414
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaffineKiller
Quote:
Originally Posted by JETBLK335i
Just wanted to share one of my good friends hand car wash in Rye, NY.

Eric used to manage 5 star executive detailing at Splash, but now he is in business for himself.

If you need a quality wash and consider the environment, this is the place to go. $20 for an exterior only wash. IMO you cant go wrong. Hope everyone within proximity can take your cars here.

www.birdiesautospa.com



Thanks.

Looks real nice but cheapest is 30 according to website...
Correct. But that includes interior too if you want Inside and out done. If you want only exterior it's $20 which is not on the site.

Last edited by JETBLK335i; 11-27-2012 at 10:29 PM.
JETBLK335i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-15-2012, 11:51 AM   #4
themyst
Major General
 
themyst's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 335i LCI
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: NYC

Posts: 6,599
iTrader: (8)

Send a message via AIM to themyst
nice! How long does the wash take for exterior only? I go that direction for work so I'd be interested in giving them a shot.
__________________
E90 LCI N54 6AT
themyst is offline   South Korea
0
Reply With Quote
      01-15-2012, 05:47 PM   #5
JETBLK335i
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2008 335i
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Greenwich, CT

Posts: 414
iTrader: (1)

Takes about 25 or 30 min for a full steam wash. Exterior only will probably be less time. If you can't wait too long just tell Eric and he will make sure you he gets you in ASAP
JETBLK335i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-15-2012, 05:50 PM   #6
JETBLK335i
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2008 335i
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Greenwich, CT

Posts: 414
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E34Addict
Can I steam the vinyl? Do they do engine bays?
No bro........ For liability reasons you cannot touch the steam machines or do it yourself.

If you have vinyl wrapped interior or if there is anything you don't want them to clean or use extra caution with just tell Eric.

Last edited by JETBLK335i; 01-15-2012 at 08:43 PM.
JETBLK335i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-15-2012, 05:51 PM   #7
JETBLK335i
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2008 335i
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Greenwich, CT

Posts: 414
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JETBLK335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by E34Addict
Can I steam the vinyl? Do they do engine bays?
No bro........ For liability reasons you cannot touch the steam machines or do it yourself.

I don't think they steam the interior anyway. If there is anything you don't want them to clean or use extra caution with just tell Eric.
Yes they do engine bays and a great
Job too.
JETBLK335i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-16-2012, 06:57 PM   #8
BTT 335i
Lieutenant
 
BTT 335i's Avatar
 
Drives: X5 M Sport-F30 M Sport
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: NY

Posts: 476
iTrader: (3)

That sounds very good but, what about the paint, no scratch on the paint.
__________________

Last edited by BTT 335i; 01-16-2012 at 10:22 PM.
BTT 335i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-16-2012, 07:27 PM   #9
JETBLK335i
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2008 335i
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Greenwich, CT

Posts: 414
iTrader: (1)

scratch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BETT E92-FX25 35i View Post
That sounds very good but, what about the paint, no scrash on the paint.
No, the steam does not scratch the paint if thats what you are asking.
JETBLK335i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-16-2012, 10:21 PM   #10
BTT 335i
Lieutenant
 
BTT 335i's Avatar
 
Drives: X5 M Sport-F30 M Sport
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: NY

Posts: 476
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JETBLK335i View Post
No, the steam does not scratch the paint if thats what you are asking.
Yes, that is I want to know.
__________________
BTT 335i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-16-2012, 11:50 PM   #11
s3ries
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: FBO 335xi
Join Date: May 2011
Location: northern nj

Posts: 245
iTrader: (3)

but they steam the car, and clean it with a microfiber, wont that acutally pull the dirt and grime across the paint of the car?
s3ries is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-17-2012, 01:55 PM   #12
JETBLK335i
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2008 335i
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Greenwich, CT

Posts: 414
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by s3ries
but they steam the car, and clean it with a microfiber, wont that acutally pull the dirt and grime across the paint of the car?
Might want ask Eric that. He will def tell you the front to back process. I don't think the grime can smear once it's lifted. It just gets absorbed from the towels.
JETBLK335i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-18-2012, 12:21 PM   #13
NJ330i
Major
 
NJ330i's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 Electric Red 330i
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New Jersey

Posts: 1,367
iTrader: (29)

Garage List
2006 BMW  [4.75]
It looks nice
too bad Im like 1:15 away
__________________
NJ330i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-18-2012, 03:57 PM   #14
AddictedToBavarian
My other ride is a Bianchi Infinito
 
AddictedToBavarian's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 328xi
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: North Jersey

Posts: 2,721
iTrader: (0)

What I'm worried about here is that they aren't removing all debris from the paint, just steam and passing it over with microfiber. I can see swirls occurring from this...
AddictedToBavarian is offline   Portugal
0
Reply With Quote
      01-18-2012, 04:39 PM   #15
JETBLK335i
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2008 335i
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Greenwich, CT

Posts: 414
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 328xi0wner
What I'm worried about here is that they aren't removing all debris from the paint, just steam and passing it over with microfiber. I can see swirls occurring from this...
I get my car waxed once a month and washed in between at Eric's shop and I couldnt be happier. Regarding if this cleaning process will create swirls, i would say no as from my experience, i do not experience any swirls.

If you are concerned, best thing to do is call Eric and he will explain the cleaning process to you. I am not a detailing expert but for the past 15 years of getting car washes I can say that this is the best of its kind I've been to and has the customer service to go with it.

Last edited by JETBLK335i; 01-18-2012 at 06:26 PM.
JETBLK335i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-19-2012, 12:26 PM   #16
Danny271
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2008 335XI Coupe
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: White Plains, NY

Posts: 170
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JETBLK335i View Post
I get my car waxed once a month and washed in between at Eric's shop and I couldnt be happier. Regarding if this cleaning process will create swirls, i would say no as from my experience, i do not experience any swirls.

If you are concerned, best thing to do is call Eric and he will explain the cleaning process to you. I am not a detailing expert but for the past 15 years of getting car washes I can say that this is the best of its kind I've been to and has the customer service to go with it.
I'm heading over there right now for a wash, it's too cold out to wash myself! If it sucks, I'm coming for you JETBLK335i!
Danny271 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-19-2012, 01:30 PM   #17
so?confused
jr
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: new rochelle

Posts: 539
iTrader: (2)

sweet i was looking for something close..10 min from new ro lol
so?confused is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-20-2012, 12:10 PM   #18
JETBLK335i
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2008 335i
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Greenwich, CT

Posts: 414
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny271
Quote:
Originally Posted by JETBLK335i View Post
I get my car waxed once a month and washed in between at Eric's shop and I couldnt be happier. Regarding if this cleaning process will create swirls, i would say no as from my experience, i do not experience any swirls.

If you are concerned, best thing to do is call Eric and he will explain the cleaning process to you. I am not a detailing expert but for the past 15 years of getting car washes I can say that this is the best of its kind I've been to and has the customer service to go with it.
I'm heading over there right now for a wash, it's too cold out to wash myself! If it sucks, I'm coming for you JETBLK335i!
Nice. How did you like it?
JETBLK335i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-20-2012, 12:11 PM   #19
JETBLK335i
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2008 335i
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Greenwich, CT

Posts: 414
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by so?confused
sweet i was looking for something close..10 min from new ro lol
I would go this weekend but snow coming. Def going next Saturday.
JETBLK335i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-20-2012, 01:55 PM   #20
nrrm1127
First Lieutenant
 
nrrm1127's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E90 328i SG/SB
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New Rochelle, NY

Posts: 390
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to nrrm1127 Send a message via Skype™ to nrrm1127
where in new ro? i'm from new ro too

Quote:
Originally Posted by so?confused View Post
sweet i was looking for something close..10 min from new ro lol
__________________
1997 Aston Martin DB7 - Merlot Red
1999 Dinan S3-M3 Convertible - Titanium Silver
2008 Mini Cooper S Convertible Sidewalk
2011 F25 X3 xDrive35i - loaded w/19's
2011 BMW 328i - Space Gray on Saddle Brown
nrrm1127 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-20-2012, 01:56 PM   #21
nrrm1127
First Lieutenant
 
nrrm1127's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E90 328i SG/SB
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New Rochelle, NY

Posts: 390
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to nrrm1127 Send a message via Skype™ to nrrm1127
Just used these guys this past weekend. Car is the cleanest it's ever been since I picked it up at the dealership last August. I did the regular steam wash. It's gotten a bit dirty since then, but I'd definitely consider going back there. I'm impressed with the service!
__________________
1997 Aston Martin DB7 - Merlot Red
1999 Dinan S3-M3 Convertible - Titanium Silver
2008 Mini Cooper S Convertible Sidewalk
2011 F25 X3 xDrive35i - loaded w/19's
2011 BMW 328i - Space Gray on Saddle Brown
nrrm1127 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-20-2012, 01:57 PM   #22
nrrm1127
First Lieutenant
 
nrrm1127's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E90 328i SG/SB
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New Rochelle, NY

Posts: 390
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to nrrm1127 Send a message via Skype™ to nrrm1127
Oh and no swirls either as I usually hand wash it myself (except in the winter).

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrrm1127 View Post
Just used these guys this past weekend. Car is the cleanest it's ever been since I picked it up at the dealership last August. I did the regular steam wash. It's gotten a bit dirty since then, but I'd definitely consider going back there. I'm impressed with the service!
__________________
1997 Aston Martin DB7 - Merlot Red
1999 Dinan S3-M3 Convertible - Titanium Silver
2008 Mini Cooper S Convertible Sidewalk
2011 F25 X3 xDrive35i - loaded w/19's
2011 BMW 328i - Space Gray on Saddle Brown
nrrm1127 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:29 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST