E90Post
 


GTB Performance
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > SPONSORS Classifieds/Groupbuys/Specials Area > Non-turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Parts > Heads up - Header Orders.



Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-15-2012, 05:04 PM   #1
Gavin@MMW
Brigadier General
 
Gavin@MMW's Avatar
 
Drives: MMW Supercharged E90 328i
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: 818/805

Posts: 3,902
iTrader: (18)

Heads up - Header Orders.

Hey Guys,
Just got word that orders will begin shipping out 3-16-12!

FedEx tracking will go to your emails associated with Paypal - So keep an eye out for those of you who have been ever so patiently waiting for this project!

As always, I appreciate you guys/gals on this forum and I am very excited to get these out to you, and Yes - Pictures will be up the moment I pick up the boxes.

And no, I have not forgotten about the free O2 sims for the GB people also

Any questions - PM or Email: Gavin@mmotorwerks.net

- Gavin@MMW

UPDATED DATE

Last edited by Gavin@MMW; 03-02-2012 at 04:34 PM. Reason: UPDATED DATE
Gavin@MMW is offline   United_States
0
      02-15-2012, 05:12 PM   #2
DJ Apex
Lieutenant
 
DJ Apex's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 330i
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Houston TX

Posts: 479
iTrader: (1)

Excited to see how people like them.. PLUS I WANT PICS
DJ Apex is offline  
0
      02-15-2012, 06:29 PM   #3
BigDog
Captain
 
Drives: E90 and E65
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Chicago

Posts: 729
iTrader: (1)

any info on these headers? perf numbers, plots, etc?
__________________
BigDog is offline   United_States
0
      02-17-2012, 01:39 PM   #4
darkrom
Lieutenant Colonel
 
darkrom's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: North Shore MA

Posts: 1,519
iTrader: (3)

You stalled me out on your exhaust, but I'm waiting to see more info on this. I have no hard feelings since I ended up with an exhaust I love for a price I couldn't beat haha.

Catless or catted? I'm not sure how much I want to make this car illegal for minimal gains. I've gone that route with other NA cars in the past and it was just a headache.
darkrom is offline   United_States
0
      02-18-2012, 01:40 AM   #5
mapleridge
Banned
 
Drives: E90 N52 AT
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC

Posts: 2,681
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkrom View Post

Catless or catted? I'm not sure how much I want to make this car illegal for minimal gains. I've gone that route with other NA cars in the past and it was just a headache.
Please explain
mapleridge is offline  
0
      02-18-2012, 10:16 PM   #6
darkrom
Lieutenant Colonel
 
darkrom's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: North Shore MA

Posts: 1,519
iTrader: (3)

I had an 08 civic si and while these are just examples on THAT car, my point is that there are often unforseen issues. Keep in mind I was using very high quality parts too.

I got a catless header. First things first you can easily smell that the car is running without a cat. So your inspection shop has to be willing to lie to pass emissions depending on your state. Second since these are OBD2 the O2 sensor will report an error when you run without a cat. O2 simulators/relocators may or may not work, I used something by Hondata to make it pass inspection when read off the CPU....not sure how we would do that on these cars without tuning options like those given by Hondata.

Also, if I put the car in reverse the header would hit the bottom of the car every time. I fixed this with solid motor mounts, but as you can see this was an expensive set of headers by this point. Not only that but the motor mounts totally ruined the daily drive-ability of that poor car.
darkrom is offline   United_States
0
      02-18-2012, 11:57 PM   #7
mapleridge
Banned
 
Drives: E90 N52 AT
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC

Posts: 2,681
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkrom View Post
I had an 08 civic si and while these are just examples on THAT car, my point is that there are often unforseen issues. Keep in mind I was using very high quality parts too.

I got a catless header. First things first you can easily smell that the car is running without a cat. So your inspection shop has to be willing to lie to pass emissions depending on your state. Second since these are OBD2 the O2 sensor will report an error when you run without a cat. O2 simulators/relocators may or may not work, I used something by Hondata to make it pass inspection when read off the CPU....not sure how we would do that on these cars without tuning options like those given by Hondata.

Also, if I put the car in reverse the header would hit the bottom of the car every time. I fixed this with solid motor mounts, but as you can see this was an expensive set of headers by this point. Not only that but the motor mounts totally ruined the daily drive-ability of that poor car.
Thanks for sharing. From those issues and reading/seeing people run headers the only issue could be the smell. The BMS simulator has proven to work at beating the sensors. There are no clearance issues with the right manufacturer. It would come down to the fart can sound that headers produce and the smell. I already have a system with no secondaries. I will eventually get headers and find out. The sound is the only thing that I despise but some resonators and glass packs should help me tune the sound.
mapleridge is offline  
0
      02-19-2012, 02:43 AM   #8
N0OS3
Colonel
 
N0OS3's Avatar
 
Drives: E90
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Oak Harbor, WA

Posts: 2,219
iTrader: (5)

you never know until these headers are actually put to use and we all have a sound clip we can compare to. Just because Supersprint Headers and BMW PE doesn't 'clash' doesn't mean MMW headers and other exhaust brands won't do well. If you're like me and plan on going completely catless from block-back, then we can expect the O2 smell for sure and though it may not be a predictable exhaust NOTE, expect your exhaust to be EXTREMELY loud and publicly intolerable.
__________________
WTB: 3 Stage Intake Manifold and components - PM me your asking price.
N0OS3 is offline   United_States
0
      02-19-2012, 08:43 AM   #9
darkrom
Lieutenant Colonel
 
darkrom's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: North Shore MA

Posts: 1,519
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleridge View Post
Thanks for sharing. From those issues and reading/seeing people run headers the only issue could be the smell. The BMS simulator has proven to work at beating the sensors. There are no clearance issues with the right manufacturer. It would come down to the fart can sound that headers produce and the smell. I already have a system with no secondaries. I will eventually get headers and find out. The sound is the only thing that I despise but some resonators and glass packs should help me tune the sound.
FWIW switching from a drone loud 2.75" exhaust on that same civic with factory header to the race header, the sound improved. 100% of people I know agreed. Less drone, perhaps a bit less raspy at lower RPMs and overall a bit quieter below 4k RPM, but from say 6-9k RPM the car SCREAMED. I guess my point is that the sound is a bit unpredictable and really comes down to the header/exhaust pairing.

Very good to know that there are no issues like banging exhausts with this car haha. If the O2 simulators actually work ALL the time on this car that is another plus. They might have worked with the Honda, but because there was a better option I went with that.
darkrom is offline   United_States
0
      02-19-2012, 08:44 AM   #10
darkrom
Lieutenant Colonel
 
darkrom's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: North Shore MA

Posts: 1,519
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lync9763 View Post
you never know until these headers are actually put to use and we all have a sound clip we can compare to. Just because Supersprint Headers and BMW PE doesn't 'clash' doesn't mean MMW headers and other exhaust brands won't do well. If you're like me and plan on going completely catless from block-back, then we can expect the O2 smell for sure and though it may not be a predictable exhaust NOTE, expect your exhaust to be EXTREMELY loud and publicly intolerable.
Depends on the exhaust IMO. I really doubt a catless race header to stock exhaust is something I'd call "publicly intolerable".
darkrom is offline   United_States
0
      02-19-2012, 10:10 AM   #11
TSM330i
2006 330i, TSM, Black, manual, sport
 
TSM330i's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 330i, E86 Z4 3.0si
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Chester Springs, PA

Posts: 3,038
iTrader: (2)

Gavin: any dyno results?
__________________
2006 330i, TSM, Black, Sport, JIC Cross Coil-Overs, UUC Sways, 18" Advan RS, Mich PSS 255/265, BMW Electric Steering Wheel, Rogue shifter, M-Tech front, CF emblems, Dinan TB, Intake, exhaust, strut bar, Stoptech BBK, LSD, M3 susp., LUX 5, CF Hood and CSL, Sparco Seats, AA tune, CF Roof
TSM330i is offline   United_States
0
      02-19-2012, 11:20 AM   #12
desertfx41
SSAH
 
Drives: 2007 328i 6-spd manual
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL

Posts: 39
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AW325xi View Post
Gavin: any dyno results?
x2
I am very interested
__________________
'07 328i 6spd MT - Sport Package - H&R Sport Cup Kit - TMS 10mm/20mm Spacers- AA Tune - K&N - TMS Cross Drilled Rotors - Axxis MM Pads
desertfx41 is offline   United_States
0
      02-20-2012, 11:35 AM   #13
Flyer
Captain
 
Drives: 2011 e92xi
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Richmond, VA

Posts: 747
iTrader: (8)

I also can't wait to hear a good MMW header/exhaust pairing, and to see dyno results. Keep us posted Gavin...I'm too chicken to be a guinea pig; but I'm VERY ready tp jump when this gets perfected. Kudos to all involved!!!
Flyer is offline  
0
      02-21-2012, 12:42 PM   #14
DJ2009
Private First Class
 
DJ2009's Avatar
 
Drives: '09 e92 AW 328i
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Orange County, So Cal

Posts: 177
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to DJ2009
pics? dyno sheets?
__________________
2009 e92 328i
Add me on Facebook
DJ2009 is offline   United_States
0
      02-21-2012, 11:24 PM   #15
mapleridge
Banned
 
Drives: E90 N52 AT
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC

Posts: 2,681
iTrader: (4)

you guys should be getting shipping notifications this week. Make sure to keep us in the loop and post pics.
mapleridge is offline  
0
      02-22-2012, 08:25 AM   #16
darkrom
Lieutenant Colonel
 
darkrom's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: North Shore MA

Posts: 1,519
iTrader: (3)

Gavin you gotta be more vocal here! That's why I stopped waiting on the exhaust...can't tell if you just fall off the face of the earth or what.
darkrom is offline   United_States
0
      02-22-2012, 01:11 PM   #17
RazRokz.!
Lieutenant
 
RazRokz.!'s Avatar
 
Drives: 07 JET BLACK BMW 328i
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: BELGIUM

Posts: 544
iTrader: (0)

hmmm, the release date was yesterday. Soooo, update?
__________________
l-2007 Jet Black E90-l-Heated Seats-l-Injen Short Ram Intake-l-Kicker Audio-l-Tablet Pc Integration-l-19" Avant Garde M310-l-Falken 452-l-Depo Projectors-l-Depo Blacklines-l-M3 Replica Front Bumper-l-Canbus HID Headlights & Foglights-l-20% Tint All Around-l
RazRokz.! is offline  
0
      02-22-2012, 01:31 PM   #18
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
 
Drives: 2006 BS 330i
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: S. Bay Area, CA + Newark, NJ + ChiCity + True Blue

Posts: 11,038
iTrader: (11)

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkrom View Post
Depends on the exhaust IMO. I really doubt a catless race header to stock exhaust is something I'd call "publicly intolerable".
the guy said he was going catless down the entire exhaust. it's going to be loud and probably "publicly intolerable"
__________________
looking for a PreLCI Black Sapphire e90 front bumper without license plate holes

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
just4kickz is offline   United_States
0
      02-22-2012, 03:17 PM   #19
RazRokz.!
Lieutenant
 
RazRokz.!'s Avatar
 
Drives: 07 JET BLACK BMW 328i
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: BELGIUM

Posts: 544
iTrader: (0)

I predict an army of trolls arriving shortly. The only thing that can stop them is an update form you, Gavin... lol
Attached Images
 
__________________
l-2007 Jet Black E90-l-Heated Seats-l-Injen Short Ram Intake-l-Kicker Audio-l-Tablet Pc Integration-l-19" Avant Garde M310-l-Falken 452-l-Depo Projectors-l-Depo Blacklines-l-M3 Replica Front Bumper-l-Canbus HID Headlights & Foglights-l-20% Tint All Around-l
RazRokz.! is offline  
0
      02-22-2012, 03:36 PM   #20
Gavin@MMW
Brigadier General
 
Gavin@MMW's Avatar
 
Drives: MMW Supercharged E90 328i
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: 818/805

Posts: 3,902
iTrader: (18)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkrom View Post
Gavin you gotta be more vocal here! That's why I stopped waiting on the exhaust...can't tell if you just fall off the face of the earth or what.
Wow this thread blew up,

Dynos will be done on a different car from my own, using my car the results will be skewed because I have blower attached to it now, so it can't help with a dyno at this point for headers only.

People in the GB will be getting emails today/tomorrow with shipping info and if someone is local - PM me about some dyno testing

Email works too: Gavin@mmotorwerks.net

Dyno and install would be done in Van Nuys, CA

Im working on some images now, and some other fun stuff for you guys also.

If I dont respond to a post quickly, Please email me as I can normally receive them no matter where I am.

Thanks Guys!
Gavin@MMW is offline   United_States
0
      02-22-2012, 03:49 PM   #21
SavvyByNature
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2008 - 328i
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Atlanta

Posts: 280
iTrader: (0)

Hey Gavin, how is the sound of the headers compared to stock?
SavvyByNature is offline  
0
      02-22-2012, 04:05 PM   #22
Gavin@MMW
Brigadier General
 
Gavin@MMW's Avatar
 
Drives: MMW Supercharged E90 328i
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: 818/805

Posts: 3,902
iTrader: (18)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooSavvy View Post
Hey Gavin, how is the sound of the headers compared to stock?
Headers are naturally loud, on any car. They have no restriction so they gain maximum power and allow maximum sound and air to come out.

If you are running a stock car, all things stock but you switch the headers out - it will be noticeable, but not very loud. I dont even think it would hit the PE volume with a stock exhaust system.

If you are running a muffler delete/Straight pipes - it will be very loud. enough to set off car alarms on the street and be heard from a block away if you put your foot to the floor.

with so many muffler combo's available for these cars it is impossible so say what it will sound like with each exhaust, until it has been done and people post clips, and even then - if a low quality camera is used then it still doesnt sound true.

What I do know is that while even with a straight pipe it is loud, the actual sound itself is very nice, almost heartwarming to a gear-head. With the windows up, its not horrible at all, yes you hear it, but it's more the people you drive by that will ask themselves what they just heard.

They have an exotic tone and once the car learns the new airflow and gets used to it they are really a fun addition. the sound will change from first installation after 50-100 miles of the ECU learning the mod.
Gavin@MMW is offline   United_States
0
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:24 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST