E90Post

VIBE Motorsports

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Looking for Logic 7 Speakers

01-21-2012, 10:55 AM   #1
qbizzy
Registered
Rep

Drives: 335i

Looking for Logic 7 Speakers

Looking for a set of HK Logic 7 speakers.

My other car is a Subaru Outback with Nav. It also has an HK Audio system but it blows.

My thinking is that I can perhaps swap out the speakers with better HK speakers and upgrade the amp and I won't have to rip the whole car apart.

Any thoughts? I have the Logic 7 in my 335i and I love the clarity of the mids and highs. I know there is better out there but again, don't want to rip apart my car.

Thanks
QB
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2012, 11:41 AM   #2
yakev724
Brigadier General
Russian Federation
Rep

Drives: 00 RX300

e-mail me at my username at gmail
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 01:31 AM   #3
qbizzy
Registered
Rep

Emailed you yesterday. Hopefully I got the email address correct.
Thanks
QB
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 02:30 PM   #4
VP Electricity
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Drives: E91 XDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by qbizzy View Post
Looking for a set of HK Logic 7 speakers.

My other car is a Subaru Outback with Nav. It also has an HK Audio system but it blows.

My thinking is that I can perhaps swap out the speakers with better HK speakers and upgrade the amp and I won't have to rip the whole car apart.

Any thoughts? I have the Logic 7 in my 335i and I love the clarity of the mids and highs. I know there is better out there but again, don't want to rip apart my car.

Thanks
QB
I have some thoughts. I can't tell from your post if you want to put the BMW HK speakers into your Outback. I would think they are all different sizes.

I also am confused about the "rip the whole car apart" thing. If you swap the speakers and add an amp, how have you not disassembled the car?
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2012, 03:41 AM   #5
qbizzy
Registered
Rep

It was just a thought. I like the clarity of my Logic 7 though its lacking bass. There are so many speaker manufacturers, have no idea where to start and with what brand. Of course you car hear them on a test board but that doesn't tell me what kind of sound stage I will get once inside my car.
I had a "expert" that was legit. I mean I have seen and heard the BMWs, Ferraris, Lambos etc etc they worked on. The sound was great. I had them do my Tacoma (I know - doesn't compare) and I could not get that crisp clean sound that I was looking for. Sure, the cloth seats dampen somewhat - but overall, disappointed. Now I am getting ready to start that trip all over again. Scratching my head.
Appreciate 0