E90Post
 


Horizon LED
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Sneak Peak at injector coding via INPA



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-22-2012, 05:33 PM   #45
cn555ic
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
cn555ic's Avatar
United_States
246
Rep
18,287
Posts


 
Drives: Bimmerscoding.com
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New York

iTrader: (5)

Send a message via Yahoo to cn555ic
Nice. How long does the download take to be complete?
__________________
917-939-4980 CODING E and F Series New York Area

Appreciate 0
      01-22-2012, 05:38 PM   #46
NiVeDh
Major General
NiVeDh's Avatar
United_States
158
Rep
8,014
Posts

 
Drives: '08 E90 335i, '99 E36 M3
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Houston, TX & Atlanta, GA

iTrader: (132)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitehawk View Post
For those that have never coded, all the info can be found in the following DIY:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=480261

Vas only needs to show what has to be done in INPA
+1

Everyone needs to head over to the coding section and do some reading before cluttering this thread with useless comments. Please read the guides there as people have spent a lot of time and effort to explain things. There is also another forum dedicated to coding.

That said, if anyone else has trouble with getting it to work, I'd be happy to help as I did with Vasil. He had already attempted to do it himself and I truly respect that. For everyone else wanting to be spoon-fed information, please go to the coding section and read. You'll be doing everyone a favor.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2012, 06:00 PM   #47
vasillalov
Mad Linux Guru On The Loose
vasillalov's Avatar
Bulgaria
86
Rep
4,200
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 335i Sedan
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Chicago, IL

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 335i E90  [4.00]
I just got back from a test drive. I switched to Cobb Stage2+FMIC Aggressive and the car is rock solid! Also, my misfires/stubles upon cold start-up are now gone too! I love it!
__________________
Equal Opportunity Harasser!
6MT | COBB | AR | AE | Forge DV | HPF | P3 Gauge | Hybrid Intake | O.S.Giken TCD | All M3 bits | TCKLine | StopTech
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2012, 06:03 PM   #48
onesuperboi
Major
onesuperboi's Avatar
United_States
21
Rep
1,343
Posts

 
Drives: '08 e92 335i COBB 4.01 Stage 1
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bay Area, CA (Alameda)

iTrader: (6)

I guess you found the solution to most of the misfires? It's not all hardware related after all!
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2012, 06:13 PM   #49
Tzu
Major
Canada
15
Rep
1,491
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (1)

Great job Vas. I've been trying to learn coding as well, but that section is difficult to navigate.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2012, 06:14 PM   #50
vasillalov
Mad Linux Guru On The Loose
vasillalov's Avatar
Bulgaria
86
Rep
4,200
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 335i Sedan
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Chicago, IL

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 335i E90  [4.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by onesuperboi View Post
I guess you found the solution to most of the misfires? It's not all hardware related after all!
Well on bimmerboobs (LOL) dzenno is saying that his injector 1 has question marks for both "energy" and "flow" values. He's been trying to resolve a misfire issue for the past year.

I recommend that everyone checks their injector coding and verify that the injectors have their decoupling elements (seals) installed. The decoupling element is about 2-3 mm thick and without it, the injector needle will be protruding further into the combustion chamber and sit closer to the spark plug.
__________________
Equal Opportunity Harasser!
6MT | COBB | AR | AE | Forge DV | HPF | P3 Gauge | Hybrid Intake | O.S.Giken TCD | All M3 bits | TCKLine | StopTech
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2012, 06:32 PM   #51
cn555ic
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
cn555ic's Avatar
United_States
246
Rep
18,287
Posts


 
Drives: Bimmerscoding.com
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New York

iTrader: (5)

Send a message via Yahoo to cn555ic
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiVeDh View Post
+1

Everyone needs to head over to the coding section and do some reading before cluttering this thread with useless comments. Please read the guides there as people have spent a lot of time and effort to explain things. There is also another forum dedicated to coding.

That said, if anyone else has trouble with getting it to work, I'd be happy to help as I did with Vasil. He had already attempted to do it himself and I truly respect that. For everyone else wanting to be spoon-fed information, please go to the coding section and read. You'll be doing everyone a favor.
Will wait for val DIY
__________________
917-939-4980 CODING E and F Series New York Area


Last edited by cn555ic; 01-22-2012 at 06:42 PM.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2012, 06:49 PM   #52
cn555ic
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
cn555ic's Avatar
United_States
246
Rep
18,287
Posts


 
Drives: Bimmerscoding.com
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New York

iTrader: (5)

Send a message via Yahoo to cn555ic
I downloaded the INPA..How do you actually run the program? Which folder is it in? Can someone give me a tip on installing the program? I have sucessfully downloaded all three files.
__________________
917-939-4980 CODING E and F Series New York Area


Last edited by cn555ic; 01-22-2012 at 06:57 PM.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2012, 07:05 PM   #53
rooringhusky
Objects in the mirror are losing
rooringhusky's Avatar
United_States
15
Rep
985
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i E92 AW/CR 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Socal (OC/Riverside)

iTrader: (12)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cn555ic View Post
I downloaded the INPA..How do you actually run the program? Which folder is it in? Can someone give me a tip on installing the program? I have sucessfully downloaded all three files.
Cn555 You need to do some more reading before you play with INPA...have you done coding before? If not head to the coding section and do some reading...Dont mean to sound harsh so my apologies if I do..If you send me PMs I can try to help you out as much as I can..

Thanks vas for the video... Looks pretty simple to do if I ever do my own injectors..

And as far as dzenno not having his info inputted correctly that could easily explain his misfires? Hope thats his solution..
__________________
PERFORMANCE: JB4 G5 \ Backend Flash \ DCI \ BMS Downpipes \ CX FMIC \ ER Chargepipe \ Synapse BOV \ KW V2 \ Muffler Delete \ CDV \ ZHP Shifter \ Cyba Scoops
FUN: M3 Front \ Mtech Rear \ JL 10W6 \ ModMyNav \ V1 Hardwired \ LUX H8 \ Gloss Black Trim \ Gloss Black Roof \ Cyba Quads \ Cyba Mtech Diffuser
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2012, 08:24 PM   #54
SlowerThanU
Private
0
Rep
75
Posts

 
Drives: 335i AT
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: San Jose CA

iTrader: (0)

Wehewww! Just got Ediabas 6.4.7 and Inpa 5.02 installed on my Win7 Enterprise/64 bit. Now I need to order a cable.

Do you guys use the ~$50 DCAN INPA cables from China off Ebay?

Last edited by SlowerThanU; 01-22-2012 at 08:57 PM.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2012, 10:28 PM   #55
cn555ic
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
cn555ic's Avatar
United_States
246
Rep
18,287
Posts


 
Drives: Bimmerscoding.com
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New York

iTrader: (5)

Send a message via Yahoo to cn555ic
Quote:
Originally Posted by rooringhusky View Post
Cn555 You need to do some more reading before you play with INPA...have you done coding before? If not head to the coding section and do some reading...Dont mean to sound harsh so my apologies if I do..If you send me PMs I can try to help you out as much as I can..

Thanks vas for the video... Looks pretty simple to do if I ever do my own injectors..

And as far as dzenno not having his info inputted correctly that could easily explain his misfires? Hope thats his solution..
I just asked a simple question...I have the files downloaded but I can find the prompt to install it..
__________________
917-939-4980 CODING E and F Series New York Area

Appreciate 0
      01-22-2012, 10:31 PM   #56
335okc
Captain
335okc's Avatar
10
Rep
654
Posts

 
Drives: e90 335
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: okc

iTrader: (0)

damn! thanks for the info.
it looks simple enough that even i (i think) will be able to follow instruction and do it.
i used to be all scared of coding, but i'm excited for it now.
i think this should work on different things too right? i've always wanted coolant temp on my dash.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2012, 10:35 PM   #57
._.
Colonel
._.'s Avatar
33
Rep
2,358
Posts

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Miami

iTrader: (15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cn555ic View Post
I just asked a simple question...I have the files downloaded but I can find the prompt to install it..
did you download the installer or the archive with the folders. if the latter, you will not need to install anything, the executable is in one of the folders. I don't have my coding laptop in front of m so I cannot give you the path.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2012, 10:43 PM   #58
cn555ic
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
cn555ic's Avatar
United_States
246
Rep
18,287
Posts


 
Drives: Bimmerscoding.com
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New York

iTrader: (5)

Send a message via Yahoo to cn555ic
Quote:
Originally Posted by r45t4m4n View Post
did you download the installer or the archive with the folders. if the latter, you will not need to install anything, the executable is in one of the folders. I don't have my coding laptop in front of m so I cannot give you the path.
I downloaded step 2 from this thread

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=480261

I unzipped the file and for the life of me cant get it to run the program..What am I missing here? Also I thank you for not telling me to read all of the 169 pages of coding!!! lol
__________________
917-939-4980 CODING E and F Series New York Area

Appreciate 0
      01-22-2012, 10:59 PM   #59
SlowerThanU
Private
0
Rep
75
Posts

 
Drives: 335i AT
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: San Jose CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cn555ic View Post
I downloaded step 2 from this thread

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=480261

I unzipped the file and for the life of me cant get it to run the program..What am I missing here? Also I thank you for not telling me to read all of the 169 pages of coding!!! lol
There should be some install instructions in a PDF on the same download site.

Are you on a 32 or 64 bit Windows? You need the version I posted to use on 64bit.

Followed these instructions:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=564570

Last edited by SlowerThanU; 01-22-2012 at 11:10 PM.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2012, 11:12 PM   #60
cn555ic
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
cn555ic's Avatar
United_States
246
Rep
18,287
Posts


 
Drives: Bimmerscoding.com
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New York

iTrader: (5)

Send a message via Yahoo to cn555ic
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowerThanU View Post
There should be some install instructions in a PDF on the same download site.

Are you on a 32 or 64 bit Windows? You need the version I posted to use on 64bit.

Followed these instructions:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=564570
I just transferred the file to my laptop window xp...Hope that works..Vista sucks balls
__________________
917-939-4980 CODING E and F Series New York Area

Appreciate 0
      01-22-2012, 11:18 PM   #61
SlowerThanU
Private
0
Rep
75
Posts

 
Drives: 335i AT
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: San Jose CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cn555ic View Post
I just transferred the file to my laptop window xp...Hope that works..Vista sucks balls
Try reading the link I posted. Very detailed walkthrough. I used the files on 4sharred.com.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2012, 11:25 PM   #62
vasillalov
Mad Linux Guru On The Loose
vasillalov's Avatar
Bulgaria
86
Rep
4,200
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 335i Sedan
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Chicago, IL

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 335i E90  [4.00]
You will need Ediabas 7.2.0 or newer.
__________________
Equal Opportunity Harasser!
6MT | COBB | AR | AE | Forge DV | HPF | P3 Gauge | Hybrid Intake | O.S.Giken TCD | All M3 bits | TCKLine | StopTech
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2012, 12:02 AM   #63
cn555ic
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
cn555ic's Avatar
United_States
246
Rep
18,287
Posts


 
Drives: Bimmerscoding.com
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New York

iTrader: (5)

Send a message via Yahoo to cn555ic
I just checked my computer and there was a host of things that were installed on my computer! I just uninstalled them! About 6 items installed that had nothing to do with INPA! Watch out and check out your computer...Tons of stuff going on here! lol What the hell is weather bug! lol I am done with it!

Be careful of this link
http://www.4shared.com/dir/3U37f2mH/NCS.html

password is INPA
__________________
917-939-4980 CODING E and F Series New York Area

Appreciate 0
      01-23-2012, 12:45 AM   #64
nitehawk
Lieutenant Colonel
nitehawk's Avatar
Canada
20
Rep
1,638
Posts

 
Drives: e92 335i 6MT
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (15)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by vasillalov View Post
Engine cover is off. I discovered 2 mis-coded injectors! Injectors 3 and 5 are mis-coded! Son of a bitch!
So the coded values did not match what was written on the injectors? Did you ever get misfire codes for these cylinders too? I would go back to the dealer and give them hell!

Glad you got everything sorted out and thanks for taking the time to do this
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2012, 07:23 AM   #65
SlowerThanU
Private
0
Rep
75
Posts

 
Drives: 335i AT
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: San Jose CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasillalov View Post
You will need Ediabas 7.2.0 or newer.
Thanks.

I assume the newer versions work on 64bit like 6.4.7? What version of INPA are you on?
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2012, 07:56 AM   #66
Tzu
Major
Canada
15
Rep
1,491
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (1)

So Vas, was it the incorrect coding of the injector or the missing seal which caused your misfire? I dont suppose you tried corrective coding before replacing the seal?

Also, did you end up using a slide hammer to yank that injector out?
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:19 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST