E90Post
 


TireRack
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > First track event of 2012!



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-23-2012, 10:07 PM   #45
turugara
Major
turugara's Avatar
21
Rep
1,307
Posts

 
Drives: 335i Coupe, 6 Speed
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NYC

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [4.72]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterM1 View Post
One of the CCA groups in this area allows SAVs in the green group, someone brought an X3 with A/S tires....that was a scary thing to watch
So....

If you had an X5M You can only run in green? Damn...

Would be badass to tow a M3 GTS to the track in an X6M and track the X6M in the green group and the GTS in the black group!!
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2012, 10:07 PM   #46
turugara
Major
turugara's Avatar
21
Rep
1,307
Posts

 
Drives: 335i Coupe, 6 Speed
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NYC

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [4.72]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy View Post
Hahaha thanks for all the info guys! It's making me wanna register right now. What groups are you guys in?
If you register, you'll see the signup list and the groups we are in =)
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2012, 11:32 PM   #47
mid-corner fun
Major
United_States
15
Rep
1,418
Posts

 
Drives: e92
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: NE

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by turugara View Post
So....

If you had an X5M You can only run in green? Damn...

Would be badass to tow a M3 GTS to the track in an X6M and track the X6M in the green group and the GTS in the black group!!
How's this...this guy was next to me last year in the Thunderbolt paddock. Cayenne GTS towing a GT3RS...



Or if you have a bigger trailer that fits 6 Ferraris:


Last edited by mid-corner fun; 01-23-2012 at 11:44 PM.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 12:27 AM   #48
turugara
Major
turugara's Avatar
21
Rep
1,307
Posts

 
Drives: 335i Coupe, 6 Speed
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NYC

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [4.72]
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 08:13 AM   #49
Slops
Major General
Slops's Avatar
South Africa
61
Rep
5,367
Posts

 
Drives: 2005 C55 AMG
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Oxford

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterM1 View Post
How's this...this guy was next to me last year in the Thunderbolt paddock. Cayenne GTS towing a GT3RS...



Or if you have a bigger trailer that fits 6 Ferraris:

I can not believe it ... wow
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 10:26 AM   #50
3002 tii
Major General
3002 tii's Avatar
United_States
145
Rep
8,607
Posts

 
Drives: flat out
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NNJ

iTrader: (50)

Garage List
Just signed up (Z4 3.0si)


Btw I see a few people here saying it's their first time. Not sure if PCA lends out helmets but just in case, you might want to borrow a helmet from a friend. Motorcycle helmets are fine. Technically all helmets should now be SNELL 2010 but I'm not sure how anal PCA is during tech, and if they actually check your helmet year. I know CCA won't allow 2005 helmets.

Also, regardless of club, this track particularly requires FULL FACE helmets, no open face.
__________________

Recaro | Volk | AST | Vorshlag | Quaife | Stoptech | Active Autowerke | BMW Performance

Click here for my track videos
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 10:45 AM   #51
Slops
Major General
Slops's Avatar
South Africa
61
Rep
5,367
Posts

 
Drives: 2005 C55 AMG
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Oxford

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubbedown View Post
Just signed up (Z4 3.0si)


Btw I see a few people here saying it's their first time. Not sure if PCA lends out helmets but just in case, you might want to borrow a helmet from a friend. Motorcycle helmets are fine. Technically all helmets should now be SNELL 2010 but I'm not sure how anal PCA is during tech, and if they actually check your helmet year. I know CCA won't allow 2005 helmets.

Also, regardless of club, this track particularly requires FULL FACE helmets, no open face.
Thanks man, i'll borrow a helmet! Waiting for my friend to let me know if he'll go then i'll sign up! Then we'll cruise up with the philly crew.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 11:10 AM   #52
Sal@AUTOcouture
Sal@AUTOcouture's Avatar
143
Rep
9,656
Posts

 
Drives: F80 M3
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NJ

iTrader: (29)

Send a message via AIM to Sal@AUTOcouture
i want this lol

Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 11:34 AM   #53
LemonIce
Colonel
LemonIce's Avatar
Germany
29
Rep
2,267
Posts

 
Drives: N/A
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: PA

iTrader: (20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubbedown View Post
Just signed up (Z4 3.0si)


Btw I see a few people here saying it's their first time. Not sure if PCA lends out helmets but just in case, you might want to borrow a helmet from a friend. Motorcycle helmets are fine. Technically all helmets should now be SNELL 2010 but I'm not sure how anal PCA is during tech, and if they actually check your helmet year. I know CCA won't allow 2005 helmets.

Also, regardless of club, this track particularly requires FULL FACE helmets, no open face.
at least there is one guy with NA lol might sign up too then
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 11:51 AM   #54
turugara
Major
turugara's Avatar
21
Rep
1,307
Posts

 
Drives: 335i Coupe, 6 Speed
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NYC

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [4.72]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonIce View Post
at least there is one guy with NA lol might sign up too then
Watch as all us turbo guys hit limp mode on lap 5...
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 11:53 AM   #55
3002 tii
Major General
3002 tii's Avatar
United_States
145
Rep
8,607
Posts

 
Drives: flat out
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NNJ

iTrader: (50)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by turugara View Post
Watch as all us turbo guys hit limp mode on lap 5...
That won't happen till around July, ha.

I was behind a 135i at VIR last year (in my sig), that thing pulled so hard. Always fun chasing the n54's =)
__________________

Recaro | Volk | AST | Vorshlag | Quaife | Stoptech | Active Autowerke | BMW Performance

Click here for my track videos
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 12:21 PM   #56
LemonIce
Colonel
LemonIce's Avatar
Germany
29
Rep
2,267
Posts

 
Drives: N/A
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: PA

iTrader: (20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by turugara View Post
Watch as all us turbo guys hit limp mode on lap 5...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubbedown View Post
That won't happen till around July, ha.

I was behind a 135i at VIR last year (in my sig), that thing pulled so hard. Always fun chasing the n54's =)
Interesting It is really a challenge to chase n54s guys

Guess see you in July then
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 12:38 PM   #57
3002 tii
Major General
3002 tii's Avatar
United_States
145
Rep
8,607
Posts

 
Drives: flat out
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NNJ

iTrader: (50)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonIce View Post
Interesting It is really a challenge to chase n54s guys

Guess see you in July then
Ha, the July comment was a joke... n54's hitting limp mode during the hotter months. I'm signed up for this March event for sure.
__________________

Recaro | Volk | AST | Vorshlag | Quaife | Stoptech | Active Autowerke | BMW Performance

Click here for my track videos
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 12:49 PM   #58
Slops
Major General
Slops's Avatar
South Africa
61
Rep
5,367
Posts

 
Drives: 2005 C55 AMG
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Oxford

iTrader: (2)

wonder how the N55's do on the track... i guess i'll find out!
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 01:58 PM   #59
turugara
Major
turugara's Avatar
21
Rep
1,307
Posts

 
Drives: 335i Coupe, 6 Speed
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NYC

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [4.72]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
wonder how the N55's do on the track... i guess i'll find out!
No limp mode yet running in August-October. Yet to see July weather.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 02:31 PM   #60
LemonIce
Colonel
LemonIce's Avatar
Germany
29
Rep
2,267
Posts

 
Drives: N/A
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: PA

iTrader: (20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubbedown View Post
Ha, the July comment was a joke... n54's hitting limp mode during the hotter months. I'm signed up for this March event for sure.
lol what mods you got?
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 02:41 PM   #61
3002 tii
Major General
3002 tii's Avatar
United_States
145
Rep
8,607
Posts

 
Drives: flat out
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NNJ

iTrader: (50)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonIce View Post
lol what mods you got?
Track related mods, not much... Quaife, PFC 06's, -1.5 camber, Star Specs 235/40 on all 4.

Thinking of picking up AST 4100 and Vorshlag plates next year but I'd rather spend the money towards more seat time.
__________________

Recaro | Volk | AST | Vorshlag | Quaife | Stoptech | Active Autowerke | BMW Performance

Click here for my track videos
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 02:53 PM   #62
Slops
Major General
Slops's Avatar
South Africa
61
Rep
5,367
Posts

 
Drives: 2005 C55 AMG
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Oxford

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by turugara
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
wonder how the N55's do on the track... i guess i'll find out!
No limp mode yet running in August-October. Yet to see July weather.
Nice !! I thought it wouldn't be that bad of an issue as the n54 guys!
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 03:25 PM   #63
LemonIce
Colonel
LemonIce's Avatar
Germany
29
Rep
2,267
Posts

 
Drives: N/A
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: PA

iTrader: (20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubbedown View Post
Track related mods, not much... Quaife, PFC 06's, -1.5 camber, Star Specs 235/40 on all 4.

Thinking of picking up AST 4100 and Vorshlag plates next year but I'd rather spend the money towards more seat time.
How's the LSD? Feel big difference?

And how does n52 engine do on the track? Any issues so far?
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 03:34 PM   #64
Slops
Major General
Slops's Avatar
South Africa
61
Rep
5,367
Posts

 
Drives: 2005 C55 AMG
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Oxford

iTrader: (2)

If I go then it would be a Saturday. When are you guys going? Does it include both days? Sorry for the noob questions lol
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 03:38 PM   #65
3002 tii
Major General
3002 tii's Avatar
United_States
145
Rep
8,607
Posts

 
Drives: flat out
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NNJ

iTrader: (50)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonIce View Post
How's the LSD? Feel big difference?

And how does n52 engine do on the track? Any issues so far?
Most noticeable when I needed to put down the power coming out of a turn. I've yet to lose traction coming out of the apex. Only time is during extended sessions and that's more a function of my street tires getting greasy.

N52 no issue whatsoever.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy View Post
If I go then it would be a Saturday. When are you guys going? Does it include both days? Sorry for the noob questions lol
Price is for 2 days. I'd imagine most of us will be doing both days.
__________________

Recaro | Volk | AST | Vorshlag | Quaife | Stoptech | Active Autowerke | BMW Performance

Click here for my track videos
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 03:48 PM   #66
mid-corner fun
Major
United_States
15
Rep
1,418
Posts

 
Drives: e92
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: NE

iTrader: (4)

Sometimes they offer 1-day pricing but I don't see it here, this event will fill up fast as people are itching to get back to the track.

Plan ahead, tech usually opens between 7 and 7:30, drivers' meeting by 8:30, first group (red/black) running by 9am. They keep a tight schedule as they somehow manage to fit 5 or 6 sessions per day (as opposed to 4 for CCA).
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:45 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST