E90Post

Extreme Power House

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Anyone changed their manual seats for electric?

01-24-2012, 06:25 AM   #1
foxy-stoat
First Lieutenant

Drives: 320 E91

Anyone changed their manual seats for electric?

Morning all!

Anyone on here actually swopped their UK pre LCI manual seats without heat for memory seats themsevles? I am not sure if pre and post LCI seat wiring is any different or not.

I am struggling with a couple of wires to make the electric movement work, as after 30 seconds of connecting it, it dies. Passenger seat works 100%, its just the drivers seat.

I have read on the US board the retro fit heated seat guide the wiring diagrams but the wiring must be different to UK models as the positions and some of the colours dont match up with what I have.

The 2 wires I need to find homes for are the K BUS wires, yellow and yellow/brown.

Not 100% sure where they go to, so anyone who has actually fitted an electric seat where the original was manual may shed some light on it.

Also, should the seats move without the ignition being on?

Many thanks.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2012, 07:54 PM   #2
crypticc
Captain
United Kingdom

Drives: e92 M3 DCT + Comp

I think seats move without ignition with door open for me. Also programmed to move to stored memory for that key. That option is on the wheel stalk either on unlock or on door opening
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2012, 10:15 AM   #3
foxy-stoat
First Lieutenant

Drives: 320 E91

Thanks chap. Got them sorted out now, memory works fine but not to the key yet as I think that my need coding.

Quite easy to wire up the electrics now I got my head around it all!
Appreciate 0