E90Post
 


Lux Angel Eyes
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Disabling LED turn signal & Angel Eye bulb checks?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-23-2012, 06:24 PM   #1
Len_Beach
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: UK

Posts: 277
iTrader: (0)

Disabling LED turn signal & Angel Eye bulb checks?

After 3 months of trial and error with INPA/NCS, dodgy datens and finally updating to Ediabas 7.2, I think I may have the capacity to code!

I have a September 2007 M3 with NFRM. I have a set of LCI rear light to fit and am going to add +MUEB to the VO as I'm now on V43 datens.

My big query is how to disable the bulb checks on the turn signals and angel eyes to stop flickering with LED's? I've searched for 4 hours and found various responses but nothing conclusive.

The spreadsheet only seems to cover a 2011.

Thanks in advance.
Len_Beach is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-23-2012, 09:13 PM   #2
Peertwelve
First Lieutenant
 
Peertwelve's Avatar
 
Drives: Silverstone Metalic E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Seattle

Posts: 335
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2008 E90 335i  [3.50]
Have you looked up the codes yet on
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...%23gid=0#gid=0 ?

I haven't done this one yet.. sorry i can't be more help


Quote:
Originally Posted by Len_Beach View Post
After 3 months of trial and error with INPA/NCS, dodgy datens and finally updating to Ediabas 7.2, I think I may have the capacity to code!

I have a September 2007 M3 with NFRM. I have a set of LCI rear light to fit and am going to add +MUEB to the VO as I'm now on V43 datens.

My big query is how to disable the bulb checks on the turn signals and angel eyes to stop flickering with LED's? I've searched for 4 hours and found various responses but nothing conclusive.

The spreadsheet only seems to cover a 2011.

Thanks in advance.
__________________
Silverstone Metallic E92 M3
Sold- 2011 335i Sedan | 6MT | Wavetrac | Eibach Pro | CDV delete | Cobb | BSW
Sudden death - 1970 BMW 2002
Peertwelve is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-24-2012, 01:03 AM   #3
mapleridge
Banned
 
Drives: E90 N52 AT
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC

Posts: 2,681
iTrader: (4)

I found the line of code needed for the turn signals in that list and the rear led retrofit. can't copy and paste from there so just cntrl f and look for bulb. then cntrl f tail
mapleridge is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-24-2012, 02:35 AM   #4
Len_Beach
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: UK

Posts: 277
iTrader: (0)

Thanks Guys.
It's the front turn signals and Angel eyes I'm struggling with.
The lines on the spreadsheet only seem to refer to a 2012 with an FRM3?
Thanks
Len_Beach is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-24-2012, 04:08 AM   #5
mapleridge
Banned
 
Drives: E90 N52 AT
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC

Posts: 2,681
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Len_Beach View Post
Thanks Guys.
It's the front turn signals and Angel eyes I'm struggling with.
The lines on the spreadsheet only seem to refer to a 2012 with an FRM3?
Thanks
sorry but i don't see it saying anywhere that cold testing for the turn signal bulb is for frm3. other members with 06 models have done this coding and they have the first frm.

sorry I am waiting for my cable or else I would break it down further but just going off of the spreadsheet I can see that it's there.
mapleridge is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-25-2012, 04:42 PM   #6
Len_Beach
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: UK

Posts: 277
iTrader: (0)

There seems to be two entries for the turn signal delete, one for 2006/07 and another refers to 2012

I think I've cracked the turn signals?
Bulb Testing Warning FRM (NFRM) WARMUEBERWACHUNG_BLK_VO
Bulb Testing Warning FRM (NFRM) KALTUEBERWACHUNG_BLK_VO

Will these remove the flickering on angel eyes?
Bulb Testing Warning FRM (NFRM) WARMUEBERWACHUNG_AL
Bulb Testing Warning FRM (NFRM) KALTUEBERWACHUNG_AL

Thanks Guys. I'm still learning!
Len_Beach is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-26-2012, 01:11 AM   #7
mapleridge
Banned
 
Drives: E90 N52 AT
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC

Posts: 2,681
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Len_Beach View Post
There seems to be two entries for the turn signal delete, one for 2006/07 and another refers to 2012

I think I've cracked the turn signals?
Bulb Testing Warning FRM (NFRM) WARMUEBERWACHUNG_BLK_VO
Bulb Testing Warning FRM (NFRM) KALTUEBERWACHUNG_BLK_VO

Will these remove the flickering on angel eyes?
Bulb Testing Warning FRM (NFRM) WARMUEBERWACHUNG_AL
Bulb Testing Warning FRM (NFRM) KALTUEBERWACHUNG_AL

Thanks Guys. I'm still learning!
If you are all set up why don't you just try and see if it works. From my reading that should do it. You won't know till you try though.
mapleridge is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-26-2012, 10:06 PM   #8
moreno1
Lieutenant
 
moreno1's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 335i E93
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Montreal

Posts: 582
iTrader: (13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleridge View Post
If you are all set up why don't you just try and see if it works. From my reading that should do it. You won't know till you try though.
+1
try and let us know!!
__________________
2009 335i E93 /// BSM /// Sport /// Premium /// Codings : bmwmtlcode@hotmail.com /// 19" M pack 222 wheels /// M6 wheels winter set /// 35% Tint /// Gloss Black Grills /// PE Exhaust /// Lux H8 V3 /// Interior LEDs /// JB4-DCI /// Combox & CIC Retrofit /// M3 side skirts /// M3 front bumper ///
moreno1 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      01-27-2012, 01:58 PM   #9
Len_Beach
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: UK

Posts: 277
iTrader: (0)

I've disabled the following which were only slightly different to those posted above;
Bulb Testing Warning FRM (NFRM) WARMUEBERWACHUNG_BLK_V
Bulb Testing Warning FRM (NFRM) KALTUEBERWACHUNG_BLK_V

For the Angel Eye's, the codes obove were already disabled so I disabled this on the back of a thread by RotaryRasp.
CC_MELD_RL_BL_1_ALS_TFL

However, after a Babelfish translation, it would appear that Meld means Announce so could this be bulb warning rather than bulb check.

With that, I also disabled;
KALTCHECK_RL_BL_1_ALS_TFL
WARMCHECK_RL_BL_1_ALS_TFL

RL appears to relate to Ring Light so hopefully all will be well.

I'll test tomorrow.
Len_Beach is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-27-2012, 09:32 PM   #10
mapleridge
Banned
 
Drives: E90 N52 AT
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC

Posts: 2,681
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Len_Beach View Post
I've disabled the following which were only slightly different to those posted above;
Bulb Testing Warning FRM (NFRM) WARMUEBERWACHUNG_BLK_V
Bulb Testing Warning FRM (NFRM) KALTUEBERWACHUNG_BLK_V

For the Angel Eye's, the codes obove were already disabled so I disabled this on the back of a thread by RotaryRasp.
CC_MELD_RL_BL_1_ALS_TFL

However, after a Babelfish translation, it would appear that Meld means Announce so could this be bulb warning rather than bulb check.

With that, I also disabled;
KALTCHECK_RL_BL_1_ALS_TFL
WARMCHECK_RL_BL_1_ALS_TFL

RL appears to relate to Ring Light so hopefully all will be well.

I'll test tomorrow.

way to go. Let us know how it turns out.
mapleridge is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-29-2012, 12:18 PM   #11
Len_Beach
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: UK

Posts: 277
iTrader: (0)

Success.
The turn signals were as above.

I also disabled three 3 AE entries I mentioned above however the flickering I noticed was still present.

The flickering occurred as I have LED AE's when fading on and off during locking and unlocking so I changed the following to turn the fading off and all is now well.

Program the NFRM module......and change WL_SL_1 setting from soft_einschalten to hart_einschalten

Thanks everyone. Onto the next project!
Len_Beach is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-29-2012, 02:55 PM   #12
mapleridge
Banned
 
Drives: E90 N52 AT
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC

Posts: 2,681
iTrader: (4)

Thanks for sharing. I'm glad you figured it out. You must feel great. Plus thanks to all those hard workers that made up the coding spreadsheet.
mapleridge is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:13 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST