E90Post

PYSPEED

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Quick Evolve Stage 2 review

01-29-2012, 04:36 PM   #67
Cozy
Major

Drives: E82 135i

No oil should be on the outside of the FMIC pipes, my guess is a small split or a remotely loose hose clamp. A small split or gap in a connection on a boost pipe causes greater problems than you might think as the hoses are under constant pressure, oil residue would indicate this as it's forced out of the gap.
Cozy is offline   United Kingdom
      01-29-2012, 05:30 PM   #68
335i E92
Captain

Drives: 335i E92 SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamJay View Post
No oil should be on the outside of the FMIC pipes, my guess is a small split or a remotely loose hose clamp. A small split or gap in a connection on a boost pipe causes greater problems than you might think as the hoses are under constant pressure, oil residue would indicate this as it's forced out of the gap.
Agreed, I suspect a small split in it somewhere as both ends seem to be fitted snug n tight. Defo no other way the oil got there so will be my 1st port of call to change after I do my logs tomorrow. Wherever it is its a small leak as it's not throwing a code and I'm still putting some good power down just not reaching boost target.

Hoping it's gonna be a simple fix!!
      01-29-2012, 06:30 PM   #69
neil@JuicedUpTuning

Drives: BMW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335i E92 View Post
Great, just what I needed as was clueless as how to log. Its says to download the jb3 file, I take it that's still applicable even though I'm not running a jb3?

Checked for codes and all I have is 2AAF which I've had for ages and is common for tuned cars. I also had a Freeze frame information fault displaying lots of data such as milage, temp etc and a fuel reading that looked to imply that 0.0 fuel was delivered at a particular moment, any idea?

Checked around for a leak today n the only thing that was odd was the rubber sleeve that connents the fmic to the charge pipe had oil build up underneath it. I couldnt feel a split anywhere but it was hard to fully inspect it as the clamp that connects it to the charge pipe if fixed and can't be loosened so I couldn't tame it off.

Will do some logs tomorrow after work n email them to u if that's ok Neil? Hopefully that will give a clue as to what's going on.
The file is just a config of the required logging params...

WOT through the gears.

You have forge DV's?
neil@JuicedUpTuning is offline   United Kingdom
      01-30-2012, 03:20 AM   #70
KadeSdad
Colonel

Drives: E350 CDI Sport Cabriolet

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil200tdi View Post
Lots of assumptions being made here though.

I did say I easily caught up on the straights. In fairness, I probably could have overtaken on 1 or 2 occasions.

If it was a tight race circuit then the lotus is admittedly where you wanna be. But on more open circuits i expect a 420bhp 335i would be quicker. It seems the road in question was not twisty enough for him to lose me.

Anyway, it was fun. Neither of us were in maximum attack mode through the corners. I have an open diff and on bumpy, greasy rural Buckinghamshire b roads it's not wise.
Your car will be immense, there is no denying that but I speak from experience. Having owned both a Lotus series one and series two Elise (the later being a supercharged version sub 4.5 sec to 60) and an E90 M3.

"It seems the road in question was not twisty enough for him to lose me."

In the wet in the wrong hands an Elise or an Exige is literally a life taker but in the dry there isn't much out there that can match it (in the right hands of course). Remember these cars don't come with any driver aids, which have a nasty habit of showing 'drivers' that they really can't do it all that well.

It will always come down to driver, conditions etc etc blah blah blah. But if you ever get the chance to drive an Elise or better still a passenger ride with someone who can, then no doubt you'll see what they can do

On straight then you'll beat an Elise every time, but they aren't made for going in straight lines

Last edited by KadeSdad; 01-30-2012 at 07:30 AM.
      01-30-2012, 06:29 AM   #71
335i E92
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil@JuicedUpTuning View Post
The file is just a config of the required logging params...

WOT through the gears.

You have forge DV's?
Standard DVís, only 6 months old. Previously had Forge DVís but had several boost issues with them that disappeared immediately after fitting a new set of oemís. Imran said lots of other 335iíS out there with stage 2 and oem DVís with no issues so Iím confident itís not that.

Ok, got it!! Will set it up and do a few wot runs, only problem is the roads are damp and cold at the mo so doing a wot run with traction control deactivated isnít gonna end well. Will wait until I get a decent dry day n then e-mail the file over.
      01-30-2012, 07:36 AM   #72
neil@JuicedUpTuning

Drives: BMW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by KadeSdad View Post
Your car will be immense, there is no denying that but I speak from experience. Having owned both a Lotus series one and series two Elise (the later being a supercharged version sub 4.5 sec to 60) and an E90 M3.

"It seems the road in question was not twisty enough for him to lose me."

In the wet in the wrong hands an Elise or an Exige is literally a life taker but in the dry there isn't much out there that can match it (in the right hands of course). Remember these cars don't come with any driver aids, which have a nasty habit of showing 'drivers' that they really can't do it all that well.

It will always come down to driver, conditions etc etc blah blah blah. But if you ever get the chance to drive an Elsie or better still a passenger ride with someone who can, then no doubt you'll see what they can do

On straight then you'll beat an Elise every time, but they aren't made for going in straight lines
Later models come with ABS and Traction control...I was pleasantly suprised how well our Exige S with its A048's (semi-slicks) did on the wet track in Nov. Standing water is the danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335i E92 View Post
Standard DVís, only 6 months old. Previously had Forge DVís but had several boost issues with them that disappeared immediately after fitting a new set of oemís. Imran said lots of other 335iíS out there with stage 2 and oem DVís with no issues so Iím confident itís not that.

Ok, got it!! Will set it up and do a few wot runs, only problem is the roads are damp and cold at the mo so doing a wot run with traction control deactivated isnít gonna end well. Will wait until I get a decent dry day n then e-mail the file over.
Motorway run is fine.

Couldnt find the thread about your DV's that why I asked as I wasnt 100% it was you.
neil@JuicedUpTuning is offline   United Kingdom
      01-30-2012, 08:00 AM   #73
335i E92
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil@JuicedUpTuning View Post
Later models come with ABS and Traction control...I was pleasantly suprised how well our Exige S with its A048's (semi-slicks) did on the wet track in Nov. Standing water is the danger

Motorway run is fine.

Couldnt find the thread about your DV's that why I asked as I wasnt 100% it was you.
OK, will do after work & e-mail the file tonight.
      01-30-2012, 08:39 AM   #74
MRJCB
Enlisted Member

Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iLondon View Post
Nice to hear your experiences.
Any feedback you could give us on the Stett CAI?
Im interested to know where you got it and the cost if you dont mind.
I made my decision based on the review and testing done by Former_Boosted_IS (http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...ighlight=stett). I haven't done any testing myself.

Overall I'm happy with the CAI. The only problem my dealership had with the install is that the automatic headlight washer thing was in the way for a proper install. So they had to remove that before the filter of the CAI could fit properly.

I ordered it directly from Stett and paid 310 euro + customs 50 euro.

MRJCB

Last edited by MRJCB; 03-09-2012 at 06:56 AM.
MRJCB is offline   Netherlands