E90Post
 


Bimmer Retrofit
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Review - Vanguard V2 Cat-Back Exhaust (Videos Inside)



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-11-2012, 09:34 PM   #67
Chicks-Love-Bimmers
Captain
 
Chicks-Love-Bimmers's Avatar
 
Drives: FBO 335i
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bellevue, Washington

Posts: 739
iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Thanks for the review and videos, it does sound pretty raspy based on the videos you posted. Have you heard the BMW performance exhaust? If so, do you know which rasps more with catless downpipes?
__________________
Chicks-Love-Bimmers is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-11-2012, 10:43 PM   #68
EDM92
Colonel
 
EDM92's Avatar
 
Drives: Low&Slow
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Florida

Posts: 2,554
iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks-Love-Bimmers View Post
Thanks for the review and videos, it does sound pretty raspy based on the videos you posted. Have you heard the BMW performance exhaust? If so, do you know which rasps more with catless downpipes?
Nop, never heard it. I give up on exhausts for the time being.
__________________

Montego Blue 2007 E92 335i - ZSP / ZPP / Steptronic / Logic7
Broadway Static - CCW - Megan - Orion
Instagram: bmwforlife
EDM92 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-11-2012, 10:49 PM   #69
jetblackcoupe
Captain
 
jetblackcoupe's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 e92 335i 6MT
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: NJ

Posts: 701
iTrader: (2)

finding a good loud exhaust to pair with catless dp's is impossible for this car....
jetblackcoupe is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-11-2012, 11:12 PM   #70
Wes335XI
Second Lieutenant
 
Wes335XI's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 BMW 335XI Space Grey
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Anchorage, AK

Posts: 255
iTrader: (0)

How do you not agree that the exhaust sounds like complete shit? It sounds like a riced out Honda lol. I would never but that exhaust.

Went with AR downpipes and Catless AE. Car sounds bad ass, perfect exhaust note, little to almost no drone. It sounds like the inline 6 should sound. This isn't the M3 V8 people. It won't sound deep and throaty like that. Maybe someone can make a good quality exhaust that is loud eventually, but AE is the only one I've found without Rasp. Any bit of rasp, even the Remus has rasp, is a big no go. It sounds cheap and shitty considering the money these exhaust cost.
__________________
08 E92 335XI AT|RB Upgraded Twins|TCKR SA Coilovers|AR DPs|AE Dual Exhaust|aFe DC Intake|ETS 5 FMIC|JB4 G5|BMS Meth Kit|ER CP Tial Q BOV|BMS OCC|Staggered Midnight Blue VMR V718|Burning Blue Muteki lugs|DBA4000 Slotted Front/Rear|AXXIS ULT Front/Rear|Stoptech Steel lines Front/Rear|ATESuperBlue|JG Mods MSport|LightWerkz Custom headlights w/ UmnitzaV4|
Wes335XI is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-12-2012, 09:03 AM   #71
jetblackcoupe
Captain
 
jetblackcoupe's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 e92 335i 6MT
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: NJ

Posts: 701
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes335XI
How do you not agree that the exhaust sounds like complete shit? It sounds like a riced out Honda lol. I would never but that exhaust.

Went with AR downpipes and Catless AE. Car sounds bad ass, perfect exhaust note, little to almost no drone. It sounds like the inline 6 should sound. This isn't the M3 V8 people. It won't sound deep and throaty like that. Maybe someone can make a good quality exhaust that is loud eventually, but AE is the only one I've found without Rasp. Any bit of rasp, even the Remus has rasp, is a big no go. It sounds cheap and shitty considering the money these exhaust cost.
strange thing is.. some people have vanguard and dp's and have no rasp at all. some people have HPF and dp's and no rasp. then others get the same setup and it sounds like a fart can civic. how does that even happen?
jetblackcoupe is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-12-2012, 09:56 AM   #72
EDM92
Colonel
 
EDM92's Avatar
 
Drives: Low&Slow
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Florida

Posts: 2,554
iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetblackcoupe View Post
strange thing is.. some people have vanguard and dp's and have no rasp at all. some people have HPF and dp's and no rasp. then others get the same setup and it sounds like a fart can civic. how does that even happen?
The problem is, most videos you hear of Vanguard dont have catless downpipes. Also, you must hear the exhaust under engine load. You won't hear the rasp if it's just revving in a driveway. Just revving vanguard in the driveway it sounded great. You have to hear it when the car is at high RPMs and while it's actually moving, that's when you'll hear the rasp.
__________________

Montego Blue 2007 E92 335i - ZSP / ZPP / Steptronic / Logic7
Broadway Static - CCW - Megan - Orion
Instagram: bmwforlife
EDM92 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-28-2012, 09:52 PM   #73
cityazndan
Major
 
cityazndan's Avatar
 
Drives: E90
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Alexandria, VA

Posts: 1,449
iTrader: (15)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [5.00]
This is quiet troubling as I'm about to pull the trigger on Vanguard v2 exhaust with catless downpipes
cityazndan is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-09-2012, 05:58 PM   #74
EDM92
Colonel
 
EDM92's Avatar
 
Drives: Low&Slow
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Florida

Posts: 2,554
iTrader: (9)

Just felt I should bump this so everyone knows how shitty Vanguard sounds. Don't lose money like I did!
__________________

Montego Blue 2007 E92 335i - ZSP / ZPP / Steptronic / Logic7
Broadway Static - CCW - Megan - Orion
Instagram: bmwforlife
EDM92 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:48 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST