E90Post

ECS BMW

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Powerstop Brakes (Ebay Brakes)

11-24-2012, 03:46 PM   #23
oma3710
Lieutenant

Drives: 335i Sedan

How is this kit holding up? I'm thinking about buying these. Thanks ahead of time.
      10-28-2013, 04:20 PM   #24
omerfar23
First Lieutenant

Drives: 2008 E92 335i, 2014 Corolla LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler20c View Post
I ordered a set of powerstop rotors and ceramic pads from brakemotiv on ebay. I wanted to write up real quick and say I am actually very impressed with these so far. I know people say that the longevity and quality is inferior but this is the 2nd car I've put these on and they have lasted long and worked great. Im still breaking the new ones in on the bmw but they seem great so far. All in all, I got the pads rotors and sensors plus installation by Win Motorsportz in Tampa for under 500 dollars. Not a bad deal. Feel free to ask any questions or if anyone is interested Win Motorsportz can order you a set and install them for you here in Tampa.
can you post some thought a year later? do these squeal or are they vey loud/quiet?
      10-28-2013, 08:23 PM   #25
330xtrai
Do you even post BRO?

Drives: 330xi

Garage List
2006 BMW 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by omerfar23
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler20c View Post
I ordered a set of powerstop rotors and ceramic pads from brakemotiv on ebay. I wanted to write up real quick and say I am actually very impressed with these so far. I know people say that the longevity and quality is inferior but this is the 2nd car I've put these on and they have lasted long and worked great. Im still breaking the new ones in on the bmw but they seem great so far. All in all, I got the pads rotors and sensors plus installation by Win Motorsportz in Tampa for under 500 dollars. Not a bad deal. Feel free to ask any questions or if anyone is interested Win Motorsportz can order you a set and install them for you here in Tampa.
can you post some thought a year later? do these squeal or are they vey loud/quiet?
I would like to know too seem like good looking stuff. How's initial bite and did the rim of the rotors rust like oem rotors.
330xtrai is offline   United_States
      10-31-2013, 10:12 AM   #26
hoopvillian
Private First Class

Drives: 335i

Not the OP but I can answer. They brake well and there's virtually no dust, BUT I think mine may have warped or cracked. Getting steering wheel vibrations when I brake. I did have some squealing on one corner until I took it back apart and put even more of that CRC orange stuff on the pads.

Been driving on them for a year or two now?
      11-04-2013, 05:06 PM   #27
dragazn
Captain

Drives: i

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [2.88]
Send a message via Yahoo to dragazn
Anyone know the part number to the rotors and pad for front and rear? I look on ebay for powerstop rotors and pad for 335i, there is just so many different part number not sure which is the one that have great reviews on.
      03-05-2014, 12:26 PM   #28
Chefcg1
Major

Drives: 2008 BMW 335i

Well I thought I would touch base again on these brakes now that I have had them over a year now and close to 30k miles use. I can say I have had ZERO issues, no rotor warp, no rust, no odd pad wear, no braking issues, almost zero dust. All in all I'm very happy with them. Pads are still very thick!
2008 335i coupe AW 6AT, RB Turbos, PROcede 2.5 V5, Alpina Flash, Injen Intake, VK MW DP . Helix IC, Vishnu PnP Meth(M10 nozzel), M3 sides, OEM Aero Lip, VMR V710 Midnight Blue, LUX H8, HID Fogs, M3 front bits, D2 Copilovers, Whiteline Rear Bushing inserts, Custom M3 Steering Wheel, Cyba scoops, M2 Performance Exhaust
Chefcg1 is offline   United_States