E90Post
 


GTB Performance
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > 335xi dyno record



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-05-2012, 12:20 PM   #23
rongomer
boom
 
rongomer's Avatar
 
Drives: 335xi
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Varies

Posts: 598
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shonuff View Post
+1 on waiting for VRSF!

However, AR is currently having a group buy on XI DPs at price comparable to CP-e (cp-e website price is $649.90).

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=643872
$580 is off burgertuning.com, surprised to see cp-e have such a mark-up.

Always glad to see a group-buy, but if it's just XI pipes I don't see them getting 10 people any time soon. I've never done a group buy but I assume they have to have 10 people or it's a no-go. Just my opinion, who knows maybe they'll get it
rongomer is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-05-2012, 12:53 PM   #24
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Jeff@TopGearSolutions's Avatar
 
Drives: C6 Z06, GSXR-750, 09 335i
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: TopGearSolutions.com

Posts: 17,082
iTrader: (32)

Send a message via AIM to Jeff@TopGearSolutions
Quote:
Originally Posted by nailer335 View Post
If that's him on dragtimes.com, with the wheels off, hood up, etc in the picture for the dyno run it looks like 449hp and 473tq. There's all sorts of speculation about how this dyno or that dyno reads, and what you can do to manipulate numbers and what not... Part of me is teased to try, and the other part says dynos don't really mean much anyways...
Unfortunately dynos read different across the globe.

Only way to compare to another car is to run the same day on the same dyno otherwise its just a number.
Jeff@TopGearSolutions is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-05-2012, 12:54 PM   #25
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Jeff@TopGearSolutions's Avatar
 
Drives: C6 Z06, GSXR-750, 09 335i
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: TopGearSolutions.com

Posts: 17,082
iTrader: (32)

Send a message via AIM to Jeff@TopGearSolutions
Quote:
Originally Posted by amclint View Post
$580 is off burgertuning.com, surprised to see cp-e have such a mark-up.

Always glad to see a group-buy, but if it's just XI pipes I don't see them getting 10 people any time soon. I've never done a group buy but I assume they have to have 10 people or it's a no-go. Just my opinion, who knows maybe they'll get it
Cp-E is not marked up its that BMS and others are marked down from retail.
Jeff@TopGearSolutions is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-05-2012, 01:31 PM   #26
nailer335
Captain
 
nailer335's Avatar
 
Drives: alpine '08 e92 335xi
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Arizona

Posts: 690
iTrader: (0)

I love my DPs My new favorite thing is driving with no music and the windows down haha I love the sound, and throttle response is better too. I haven't really gone WOT at really high boost (18-19psi) yet so I can't say that I can "feel" a difference in the power the car makes at WOT. I hope to visit the track soon to see whats up with 19 psi, 109 octane and 100% meth...

I kind of agree with you Jeff... I don't really feel like it means a ton other than helping people "feel" cool by the big numbers they did everything they could to make... and everyone says that dyno x reads low and dyno y reads high and they're always making this and that justification for the numbers they put out...
nailer335 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-05-2013, 09:13 PM   #27
e92tt1986
Lieutenant
 
e92tt1986's Avatar
 
Drives: e92
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Greece

Posts: 408
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykal335xi View Post
Bought a used setup, simple 10lb bottle and lines from an Edlebrock wet kit. Going to use NX solenoid and dry nozzle with it hooked into the JB4's trigger wire. Initially I'll be trying out a .24 with a single CM10 meth nozzle and try to dial that in before testing out a .28 and .32.

Picking up the nitrous stuff Monday, had hoped to get a full blast 1/4 mile meth run in to compare but it's been raining and snowing almost non-stop here so no fun until it stops.

How are you liking the UR dps? I'm leaning more towards the cp-e for $580 but can't find anyone else that has put them on an 335xi so that has me a bit nervous


Seems like all the high hp 335xi guys are in this thread
Please let me know how this .28 shot works for you. I will pm you my cell lol.

I have a FBO 335xi coupe+meth and e85 mix.
I am going to get it dynoed, and straight to the track in may.
I was going to get a .28 dry shot too.

My piggie bank for vargas turbos is almost reached as well

Last edited by e92tt1986; 03-05-2013 at 09:32 PM.
e92tt1986 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-05-2013, 09:54 PM   #28
Tiago@VRSF
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Tiago@VRSF's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335i, F30 328i, F82 M4
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Hudson, MA

Posts: 6,630
iTrader: (93)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to Tiago@VRSF
Definitely missed this thread. Our XI pipes have been in stock for a few weeks now
Tiago@VRSF is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-05-2013, 10:16 PM   #29
Wes335XI
Second Lieutenant
 
Wes335XI's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 BMW 335XI Space Grey
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Anchorage, AK

Posts: 280
iTrader: (0)

So 449WHP is the record? Is this guy running RB Turbos? I'm just curious, because if that is the case then I am probably not at 400WHP, more like 375 or around that area. There are XI guys out there running RB's. It seems like those would be the record holders.
__________________

08 E92 335XI AT|RB Upgraded Twins|TCKR SA Coilovers|AR DPs|AE Dual Exhaust|aFe DC Intake|ETS 5 FMIC|JB4 G5|BMS Meth Kit|ER CP Tial Q BOV|BMS OCC|Staggered Midnight Blue VMR V718|Burning Blue Muteki lugs|DBA4000 Slotted Front/Rear|AXXIS ULT Front/Rear|Stoptech Steel lines Front/Rear|ATESuperBlue|JG Mods MSport|LightWerkz Custom headlights w/ UmnitzaV4|
Wes335XI is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-05-2013, 10:46 PM   #30
BobVader
Lieutenant
 
BobVader's Avatar
 
Drives: 335xi sedan 2008
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal, Canada

Posts: 409
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes335XI View Post
So 449WHP is the record? Is this guy running RB Turbos? I'm just curious, because if that is the case then I am probably not at 400WHP, more like 375 or around that area. There are XI guys out there running RB's. It seems like those would be the record holders.
449whp is with stock turbo but with FBO + meth and racegas ms109. (426 whp on pump gas 94 oct + meth) (dynapack dyno) On same dyno car stock stock ...282whp. Anyway with this setup I run 11.76 at 119mph last time at track.
http://www.dragtimes.com/BMW-335xi-Timeslip-24744.html

This year I will put RB or Vargas on car.
__________________
'08 BMW 335xi // Sedan // Black Sapphire // Sports Package//Mods: JB3 2.0|Unlocked 18ohm Board|BMS Meth Kit|AA Speed Delimiter|BMS tuning gauge|UR CL DP |BMS DCI|AA Exhaust|Helix fmic|CDV|H&R coilover| 10mm Spacers H&R on 4 wheels|**Record for XI's on dragtimes.com, 11.768s@118.70**Top speed 186,4 mph GPS, vbox 60-130mph at 10.18
BobVader is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      03-05-2013, 11:05 PM   #31
rongomer
boom
 
rongomer's Avatar
 
Drives: 335xi
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Varies

Posts: 598
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92tt1986 View Post
Seems like all the high hp 335xi guys are in this thread
Please let me know how this .28 shot works for you. I will pm you my cell lol.

I have a FBO 335xi coupe+meth and e85 mix.
I am going to get it dynoed, and straight to the track in may.
I was going to get a .28 dry shot too.

My piggie bank for vargas turbos is almost reached as well
The .026-.036 jets were fine with a single CM10, I just wasn't satisfied with the power and went bigger, which caused other problems with fueling.
rongomer is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-05-2013, 11:10 PM   #32
Wes335XI
Second Lieutenant
 
Wes335XI's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 BMW 335XI Space Grey
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Anchorage, AK

Posts: 280
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobVader View Post
449whp is with stock turbo but with FBO + meth and racegas ms109. (426 whp on pump gas 94 oct + meth) (dynapack dyno) On same dyno car stock stock ...282whp. Anyway with this setup I run 11.76 at 119mph last time at track.
http://www.dragtimes.com/BMW-335xi-Timeslip-24744.html

This year I will put RB or Vargas on car.
Good to know, so 400AWHP is possible with my setup and time. Didn't think my tuner was lying to me =P
__________________

08 E92 335XI AT|RB Upgraded Twins|TCKR SA Coilovers|AR DPs|AE Dual Exhaust|aFe DC Intake|ETS 5 FMIC|JB4 G5|BMS Meth Kit|ER CP Tial Q BOV|BMS OCC|Staggered Midnight Blue VMR V718|Burning Blue Muteki lugs|DBA4000 Slotted Front/Rear|AXXIS ULT Front/Rear|Stoptech Steel lines Front/Rear|ATESuperBlue|JG Mods MSport|LightWerkz Custom headlights w/ UmnitzaV4|
Wes335XI is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-06-2013, 12:31 AM   #33
idspeedskater
Idaho Transplant
 
Drives: 2007 335xi
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Redwood City, CA

Posts: 156
iTrader: (0)

And if you go the Vishnu/FFTEC single turbo route you can get above 500. Does that make my Xi's 519 on a Mustang dyno with a conservative tune the new record?
__________________
07 335xi Monaco Blue | FFTEC/Vishnu Single Turbo | Procede Rev 3 | Spec Stage 2+ Clutch | Spec Aluminum Flywheel | ETS FMIC | HKS Legamax Exhaust | Vishnu PWM Meth
idspeedskater is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-06-2013, 12:34 AM   #34
nailer335
Captain
 
nailer335's Avatar
 
Drives: alpine '08 e92 335xi
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Arizona

Posts: 690
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by idspeedskater
And if you go the Vishnu/FFTEC single turbo route you can get above 500. Does that make my Xi's 519 on a Mustang dyno with a conservative tune the new record?
I believe so
nailer335 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-06-2013, 01:05 AM   #35
idspeedskater
Idaho Transplant
 
Drives: 2007 335xi
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Redwood City, CA

Posts: 156
iTrader: (0)

Awesome. Now I just need to get the graphs for proof, or get them next time it's in for some further tweaking and possibly getting more aggressive if the transfer case proves capable
__________________
07 335xi Monaco Blue | FFTEC/Vishnu Single Turbo | Procede Rev 3 | Spec Stage 2+ Clutch | Spec Aluminum Flywheel | ETS FMIC | HKS Legamax Exhaust | Vishnu PWM Meth
idspeedskater is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-06-2013, 01:15 AM   #36
nailer335
Captain
 
nailer335's Avatar
 
Drives: alpine '08 e92 335xi
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Arizona

Posts: 690
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by idspeedskater View Post
Awesome. Now I just need to get the graphs for proof, or get them next time it's in for some further tweaking and possibly getting more aggressive if the transfer case proves capable
Looks like you're going to be the car to push the envelop now- so far we haven't been able to identify a weakness in the T/C in all higher power applications among those of us on this forum, despite prior claims of rumored weakness. Should you break it, we've got a transmission shop with a few T/Cs torn down ready to build- there's a thread about it somewhere in the xi section and I believe that it is close to you.

Head to the 1/4 when you can, you should probably take 1st place on dragtimes.com if you're into that kind of thing...
nailer335 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-06-2013, 01:20 AM   #37
idspeedskater
Idaho Transplant
 
Drives: 2007 335xi
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Redwood City, CA

Posts: 156
iTrader: (0)

Don't care too much about the old trophy case, but if having a benchmark to shoot for helps spur the evolution of the platform I'm all for it. I probably need to get a couple runs in just to satisfy curiosity, and that will also be telling for the TC durability. Good to know there are a few spares floating around just in case.
__________________
07 335xi Monaco Blue | FFTEC/Vishnu Single Turbo | Procede Rev 3 | Spec Stage 2+ Clutch | Spec Aluminum Flywheel | ETS FMIC | HKS Legamax Exhaust | Vishnu PWM Meth
idspeedskater is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-06-2013, 01:31 AM   #38
rongomer
boom
 
rongomer's Avatar
 
Drives: 335xi
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Varies

Posts: 598
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by idspeedskater View Post
Don't care too much about the old trophy case, but if having a benchmark to shoot for helps spur the evolution of the platform I'm all for it. I probably need to get a couple runs in just to satisfy curiosity, and that will also be telling for the TC durability. Good to know there are a few spares floating around just in case.
Just take it out on a semi-flat stretch of road and see what you trap with a soft launch. The drag strip runs are great for that 'slip' but vbox is so much more convenient, most cities have a nice road that is empty at night and is perfect for testing. Also it's worth it to remember that sticky tracks tend to break half-shafts on our cars, wheelspin is your friend on the XI.

Good luck with the car, I'm excited to see where you end up with it.

I'm building my 335xi back up this year, will be my hobby for the spring/summer. Vbox data from stock up to wherever I quit modding, with the fueling flash and now the inline and upgraded fuel pump options I may try out my nitrous kit again
rongomer is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-06-2013, 02:00 AM   #39
nailer335
Captain
 
nailer335's Avatar
 
Drives: alpine '08 e92 335xi
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Arizona

Posts: 690
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykal335xi View Post
Just take it out on a semi-flat stretch of road and see what you trap with a soft launch. The drag strip runs are great for that 'slip' but vbox is so much more convenient, most cities have a nice road that is empty at night and is perfect for testing. Also it's worth it to remember that sticky tracks tend to break half-shafts on our cars, wheelspin is your friend on the XI.

Good luck with the car, I'm excited to see where you end up with it.

I'm building my 335xi back up this year, will be my hobby for the spring/summer. Vbox data from stock up to wherever I quit modding, with the fueling flash and now the inline and upgraded fuel pump options I may try out my nitrous kit again
I would think that a car with a more right shifted power curve would be easier on the transfer case than an RB or even stock turbo maxed out, which makes its gobs of torque really quickly. I might not be doing tons of aggressive brake-boosting with your ST set up- could see that ending poorly
nailer335 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-06-2013, 06:41 AM   #40
BobVader
Lieutenant
 
BobVader's Avatar
 
Drives: 335xi sedan 2008
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal, Canada

Posts: 409
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by idspeedskater View Post
And if you go the Vishnu/FFTEC single turbo route you can get above 500. Does that make my Xi's 519 on a Mustang dyno with a conservative tune the new record?
I want se your car on 1/4...
__________________
'08 BMW 335xi // Sedan // Black Sapphire // Sports Package//Mods: JB3 2.0|Unlocked 18ohm Board|BMS Meth Kit|AA Speed Delimiter|BMS tuning gauge|UR CL DP |BMS DCI|AA Exhaust|Helix fmic|CDV|H&R coilover| 10mm Spacers H&R on 4 wheels|**Record for XI's on dragtimes.com, 11.768s@118.70**Top speed 186,4 mph GPS, vbox 60-130mph at 10.18
BobVader is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      03-06-2013, 08:17 AM   #41
jpsimon
Team Zissou
 
jpsimon's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 STi
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: CT

Posts: 9,005
iTrader: (4)

I want some more XI guys to do some legit 60-130 runs.

if all goes as planned my stage 2 turbos should be shipping out this week and installed next weekend! new xi numbers to come
__________________
2015 STi / 335xi (solid)
www.datazap.me - fast, free, interactive data log viewing

jpsimon is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-06-2013, 08:50 AM   #42
ajsalida
Lieutenant Colonel
 
ajsalida's Avatar
 
Drives: 95 M3, 02 R1150GSA, 09 335xi
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: SW USA

Posts: 1,605
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobVader View Post
Yes...449 whp and 473 lbs/torques at wheel on ms 109 + meth (100%) and FBO. on jb3 map 1 (custom map) and 440-442 whp and 446-448 lbs /torque on map 13 (same setup, same day)

on dynapack dyno.

for info on same dyno, same operator...my friend with his m3 v8 2008 Supercharge (active) make 515 whp and 376 lbs/torque at wheel at 8psi
Nice work. Do you happen to know what a stock Xi pulls on a dynapack?
ajsalida is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-06-2013, 08:57 AM   #43
1nityrider
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2008 335xi
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: St Paul

Posts: 158
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsimon View Post
I want some more XI guys to do some legit 60-130 runs.

if all goes as planned my stage 2 turbos should be shipping out this week and installed next weekend! new xi numbers to come
Nice your set up should make some good power on paper. Looking forward to it as that's pretty much the same route I will eventually take with mine but with pump E85.
1nityrider is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-06-2013, 09:03 AM   #44
rongomer
boom
 
rongomer's Avatar
 
Drives: 335xi
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Varies

Posts: 598
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsimon View Post
I want some more XI guys to do some legit 60-130 runs.

if all goes as planned my stage 2 turbos should be shipping out this week and installed next weekend! new xi numbers to come
I'm planning on doing a few more 60-130 sessions.

Looking forward to the stage 2 numbers!
rongomer is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:45 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST